Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: The limitations & possibilites of the LOA & Abe teachings from my experience so far.

  1. #1

    The limitations & possibilites of the LOA & Abe teachings from my experience so far.

    Please discuss!

    Have just re-read AAIG for the 3rd time, I haven't read any of the other Abe books yet.

    I don't doubt the general premise of the book and what's taught inside. however there are some claims I've yet to experience or witness that to me are outlandish, if only because the claims are made so lightly and although not impossible in my opinion are not feasible for 99.9% of those who find themselves in the human condition
    .

    I quote the rather convenient words spoken by Morpheus to Neo in the movie the Matrix:


    Morpheus to Neo: This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality
    of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system... some of them can can be bent. Others...can be broken.

    The reality that we live in is really a set of rules and systems in a continuous loop - the experience of life through which if we are unconscious we pass through automatically and call the story of life, a life which is defined by those rules (for example ageing, gravity etc.) and one does not have to be a Buddhist of Christian gnostic to realise this or to make that assertion.
    When I see people discussing LOA, Abe or other spiritual teachings what comes across to me is really a discussion of the manipulation of that reality and/or deliberate creation within the confines of that reality and this is actually the goal of many Yoga and occult practices.

    Here's the bit I take issue with, while I have personally witnessed the bending of rules both in my own life and others I have never seen the breaking of rules.

    By bending I would categorize this
    as for example the conflation of outrageous circumstances that bring about the fulfillment of a desire or need no matter how outrageous but within the confines of the rules. So for example curing what Doctors consider an incurable cancer, or winning the lottery, or very quickly becoming an outrageous financial success through outrageous circumstances. All of the above examples occur within the reality of the system without breaking rules, the cancer example is still a fight between your body and the rogue tissue - even if the doctors believe it to be incurable.

    By breaking I would categorize this as the deliberate breaking of the bounds of the system. So for example, walking on water - which is the breaking of the rules of gravity, regrowing limbs - which is the breaking of the rules of our genetic programming (please don't mention Lizards or Crabs they have millenia of genetic programming allowing them to do this), or an 80 year old youthing to / becoming physically indistinguishable from his 20 year old self again.

    My contention is that AAIG makes rather lightly the claim that the rules can be broken by the average person i.e. regrowing limbs, when there are people who dedicate their entire lives to Yoga & meditation practice without such success. It is really the rare few that can expand & elevate their consciousnesses to the levels of Jesus or Buddha or other less known Yogis and literally walk on water.

    For example there is a lot of emphasis made on feeling the way you want to be in the teachings as if this would bring about the desired change you want, but I know a 60 year old who claims he doesn't feel a day older than 25, and he acts it too, but he certainly doesn't look 25, he looks his age.

    Furthermore I have several occurences in life where I believed something to be absolutely true and I knew they'd occur, only to have them not occur - the effect being devastating on my confidence. My point being that the human or lower mind is not nearly as powerful as most would like to think the human mind is in fact the limitation, which is where meditation, silencing the mind and reaching higher states of consciousness come in - something that might take a lifetime to achieve.

    Would love to hear your thoughts on the above. Thanks

  2. #2
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,368
    The limitations & possibilites of the LOA & Abe teachings
    ...are only defined by your unique (yet trained and believed) ability to focus deliberately on purpose. Period.

  3. #3
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,579
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    My contention is that AAIG makes rather lightly the claim that the rules can be broken by the average person i.e. regrowing limbs, when there are people who dedicate their entire lives to Yoga & meditation practice without such success. It is really the rare few that can expand & elevate their consciousnesses to the levels of Jesus or Buddha or other less known Yogis and literally walk on water.
    I disagree that the claims are made as lightly as you're suggesting that they are. Is it possible to regrow limbs? Yes,
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    For example there is a lot of emphasis made on feeling the way you want to be in the teachings as if this would bring about the desired change you want, but I know a 60 year old who claims he doesn't feel a day older than 25, and he acts it too, but he certainly doesn't look 25, he looks his age.
    A big chunk of where you're getting mixed up is that what Abraham means when they say, "feeling the way your desire would feel" and what your 60 year old friend means when he "claims he doesn't feel a day older than 25," are two very different things. They may be using words that sound similar, but Abraham is meaning something very different. Abraham is talking about the emotional FEELING place of your desire. Assuming that your 60 year old friend has a desire to look 25 again (which may or may not be true), I GUARANTEE you that doesn't feel emotionally the way his desire to look the way he wants to look feels. Now maybe he means that he feels emotionally the way he's been used to feeling ever since he was 25. That very well may be true, but it's definitely NOT what Abraham is getting at.

    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    Furthermore I have several occurences in life where I believed something to be absolutely true and I knew they'd occur, only to have them not occur - the effect being devastating on my confidence.
    Once again, you're demonstrating the difference between what you mean by the words "believed something absolutely to be true" and what Abraham means when they're talking about BELIEF and KNOWING. You're certainly not the first person who thought they'd found the feeling place of KNOWING and were mistaken. It's only when you have some experience with finding different vibrational places that you're able to tell the difference between, "I feel good because I want this thing to happen" and KNOWING. They're two very different places.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    My point being that the human or lower mind is not nearly as powerful as most would like to think the human mind is in fact the limitation, which is where meditation, silencing the mind and reaching higher states of consciousness come in - something that might take a lifetime to achieve.
    The missing piece you're describing is ALIGNMENT. Yes, the human mind is the only limiting factor. Nevertheless, you can do something about that. Now is that necessarily an easy solution? Often not. Yet it's something that can be done if you have the willingness to do the emotional work.

  4. #4
    Eostre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Marietta, GA , USA
    Posts
    219
    I agree that all things are possible as Abe say, but I also agree that for the "average" person, even the average "Aber", that achieving things like regrowing limbs or "youthing" are most likely improbable, due to the trickiness of staying in alignment enough for those things to manifest. Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep on feeling as good as we are able at all times, because we have nothing at all to lose from that and everything to possibly gain, but feeling good for the purpose of achieving a certain physical manifestation automatically counteracts the ability for it to manifest because it introduces the whole resistance thing of noticing the lack of said physical manifestation.

    It seems to me to be a very tricky balance to hold. So the best thing to do must be to just forget about manifestations altogether, since our IB already knows and has everything we desire in our vortex, and just be as happy as possible every minute. Just my thoughts.

  5. #5
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    I agree that all things are possible as Abe say, but I also agree that for the "average" person, even the average "Aber",
    there is no average person. We´r all Gods in physical form, and incredibly unique!

    And also we didn´t come to "get it done", but to have so much joy IN THE JOURNEY.
    But most of us forget that it´s really REALLY the joy that is the purpose of life.
    And instead, we think we should achieve, and have proof to show others- which slows it down MIGHTILY.

    Showing off "miracles" to prove you are doing good is still the old paradigm. since *I* have given that up, and enjoy the every moment (no matter if others see miracle within it or not) I am walking on clouds most of my time. I have not yet regrown limbs (and actually, I´m not missing one but you get what I mean)- I am "working" joyfully at more and more alignment- for the sole purpose of living love and fun and joy and deliciousness. Which is SO MUCH MORE than I thought in the beginning that it would be, and yes, tons of fantastic stuff are coming in as well.

    things like regrowing limbs or "youthing" are most likely improbable, due to the trickiness of staying in alignment enough for those things to manifest.
    That´s because we are on the leading edge of this. The paradigm is just now shifting, and what now feels big, unnormal or as a miracle, will be pretty normal in relatively short time. And as soon it´s deemed to be "normal", people will expect it more- because most people observe what is "normal" and expect what is "normal", and so it takes a "weird" one to expect and focus otherwise. ("We teach crazy!" -Abe)

    This is the time of awakening- and as Abe say, this is the time where it starts to be less rare.

    just forget about manifestations altogether
    I´m pretty sure that that is impossible. Because, we ARE physical people! "Our" manifestations are what life caused us to desire. Abe have said that we really really WANT our desires- and we can´t "forget" about them, because the Vortex and our expansion within that will never seize calling us towards them.

    But we can chill out and soothe our "need" about them. We can learn to love our desires, unconditionally. We can enjoy our path towards them.

    And then, we don´t focus on the (physical) absence, but on the vibrational PRESENCE of what we want. And that is sooooo much fun!
    And THEN- it is REALLY ABOUT the joy.

  6. #6
    WellBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the beach :)
    Posts
    4,672
    Isn’t the story of Roger Bannister breaking the four minute mile a great example? He did the “impossible” but shortly after he did it, several others did too. It was no longer impossible.

    Don’t thousands and thousands of people fly everyday, despite humans not being capable of flight?

    I know many people with prosthetic limbs — they get around in amazing ways!

    I saw a guy in the hotseat say he broke his ankle and the doctor told him he couldn’t walk for six weeks or more, and two weeks later he was not only walking but skiing. The Hotseater reported that his desire to go on the ski vacation with his friend catapulted him into an extraordinary healing.

    Most of us don’t have the extraordinary desire to walk on water or fly without a machine or regrow limbs. Nor the mastery of LOA to do it.

    It’s almost like we can say just because we haven’t done it yet doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Our lives are IMPOSSIBLY MIRACULOUS even compared to a few decades ago.

    One more note, quantum physics is proving to us that old Newtonian physics don’t always apply as we have previously thought. As we collectively move from those ways of thinking, who knows what “miracles” we can create.

    By the way, a friend of mine likes to say “quantum physicists still drive to work in Newtonian physics based machinery.” Some day, they won’t.

    One more example from my own life — I don’t think there is any science to back up clairvoyance, is there?? Correct me if I’m wrong. Here’s the story: I went to visit my mother who lived several hours away from me. She asked if I could help her find her cellphone which she said might be in her car but she had looked for days. I got a CLEAR image of the phone in a little box in her car, which was strange. But I walked out to her car and on the passenger seat was a hard sunglasses case, I opened it, and there was her cellphone just like how my mind showed me.

    I wasn’t trying to prove anything. I just had a pure desire to help my mother.

    Just like the stories of the little old ladies who lift cars to save people trapped beneath them — science says it can’t be done. But when the pure and genuine desire is there — well, maybe we can walk on water.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    I agree that all things are possible as Abe say, but I also agree that for the "average" person, even the average "Aber", that achieving things like regrowing limbs or "youthing" are most likely improbable,...
    "It is, as you believe it to be."--Abraham. Now, you have guidance, in the form of negative emotion, letting you know that your IB--the larger, wiser, Source part of You which is connected to Infinite Intelligence--has a different opinon of this. You are under no obligation to reach for and feel your way to the understanding that your IB has on this topic, unless you want to feel "good" on this topic. And even if you don't want to feel "good" on this topic, that doesn't matter either, because you WILL (it's inevitable) line up with the understanding that you have caused your IB to have on this topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    ...due to the trickiness of staying in alignment enough for those things to manifest.
    Think about what you're saying here. (And I'm going to play with you just a bit here.) "...the trickness of desiring and reaching for relief..." Really?

    Now, you still have things turned around a bit because you're predicating your "relief" on those things manifesting, but that's not where your relief comes from. You're still operating under a flawed premise which does slow things (including the relief that's available to you, right now) way, way down. So, you'll want to shift that flawed premise some.

    Fortunately, you stay in that pinched-off perspective for only a little bit and then you go to this piece of common sense:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep on feeling as good as we are able at all times, because we have nothing at all to lose from that and everything to possibly gain,...
    So, you've regained a more helpful perspective. Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    It seems to me to be a very tricky balance to hold.
    Partly because that's not the balance you're being asked by Abraham to hold. When you (truly) step away from your flawed premise that the conditions (or the manifestations) are responsible for how you feel, then there is no "balance" to hold. Then you are solidly in that clear, firm statement of "I want to feel better now because I know that I am able to feel better now, regardless of what I've manifested."

    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    So the best thing to do must be to just forget about manifestations altogether, since our IB already knows and has everything we desire in our vortex, and just be as happy as possible every minute. Just my thoughts.
    Or to accomplish a better understanding of the true power and impact that any manifestation (either your unwanted conditions that you're living now or your wanted conditions that you're hoping will manifest) actually have.

  8. #8
    Manakaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cologne
    Posts
    65
    YES YES YES
    I think that the laws of nature will over time adapt to our expanded requirements and expectations, like an evolutionary process. Its all about vibration, and we change our vibration when we change our beliefs. But we are so used to believe in the concepts of these laws, we grew up with them, these beliefs literally are holding our physical world together! They are grown together with us like a second skin. So it takes its time to change these core-beliefs, which we have never doubted.
    I really really really would like to fly like a bird or walk on our river here, but if I could do that right now, I would rather doubt my mental state or think that I jumped dimensions or something like that. And obviously this stance makes it impossible. So I am (and most of us are) not yet ready for such a kind of break (let alone the people whatching my flight ….), but I have had some experiences that convinced me that really everything is possible.
    Love to discuss the "impossible" , THANKYOU Sailor

  9. #9
    WellBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the beach :)
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakaname View Post
    YES YES YES
    I think that the laws of nature will over time adapt to our expanded requirements and expectations, like an evolutionary process. Its all about vibration, and we change our vibration when we change our beliefs. But we are so used to believe in the concepts of these laws, we grew up with them, these beliefs literally are holding our physical world together! They are grown together with us like a second skin. So it takes its time to change these core-beliefs, which we have never doubted.
    I really really really would like to fly like a bird or walk on our river here, but if I could do that right now, I would rather doubt my mental state or think that I jumped dimensions or something like that. And obviously this stance makes it impossible. So I am (and most of us are) not yet ready for such a kind of break (let alone the people whatching my flight ….), but I have had some experiences that convinced me that really everything is possible.
    Love to discuss the "impossible" , THANKYOU Sailor
    Perfectly said.

    When Jesus healed people he would say “go and tell no one” so they wouldn’t be met with others’ disbelief and then forget to believe themselves.

  10. #10
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    I agree that all things are possible as Abe say, but I also agree that for the "average" person, even the average "Aber", that achieving things like regrowing limbs or "youthing" are most likely improbable, due to the trickiness of staying in alignment enough for those things to manifest...
    It seems to me to be a very tricky balance to hold. So the best thing to do must be to just forget about manifestations altogether, since our IB already knows and has everything we desire in our vortex, and just be as happy as possible every minute. Just my thoughts.
    Shows why making peace with where you are is where most of the work is, doesn't it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •