Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The limitations & possibilites of the LOA & Abe teachings from my experience so far.

Interesting thread:From what I understood, real issue is not universal limitations but lack of strong desire for certain things, not due to them being impossible but you simply do not "really" want them. Sometimes I wonder if Abraham suggest that the experience of contrast over & over, for sole purpose of "arising" or "strengthening" the desire within us? Much like how can one appreciate health unless they become sick every now & then (although it probably depends on where they really are in EGS). Is contrast sometimes a way to make things happen in one's experience?

Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    Interesting thread:From what I understood, real issue is not universal limitations but lack of strong desire for certain things, not due to them being impossible but you simply do not "really" want them.
    I don't really think that's the point. You may have a strong desire but still couldn't attract something you really really want because of the resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    Furthermore I have several occurences in life where I believed something to be absolutely true and I knew they'd occur, only to have them not occur - the effect being devastating on my confidence. My point being that the human or lower mind is not nearly as powerful as most would like to think the human mind is in fact the limitation, which is where meditation, silencing the mind and reaching higher states of consciousness come in - something that might take a lifetime to achieve.
    This is not directly connected to your post (or maybe it is) but I as well would love to hear some further clarification about this from some of you forum friends.

I spoke with a friend of mine about a certain example. Some time ago he arrived at work just to find out that none of his colleges were there. The administration lady told him that all staff should be at an education day today and that the info about this came out in an e-mail one week ago.
    Until the very last moment before arriving at the office, he was as certain about meeting his co-workers in 5 seconds as that he is breathing. There is absolutely no way that he could at that exact day think "Well, what if I missed some crucial information about where I should go today?".
    How did this kind of manifestation occur? Was it some negative emotion/manifestation that made him miss the e-mail ?

Interesting thread:From what I understood, real issue is not universal limitations but lack of strong desire for certain things, not due to them being impossible but you simply do not "really" want them.
    Perhaps. Often it's not about the lack of desire, it's about RESISTANCE. Of course, you are correct that if your life has not caused you to desire something, it's not something you can align with.
    Sometimes I wonder if Abraham suggest that the experience of contrast over & over, for sole purpose of "arising" or "strengthening" the desire within us?
    Abraham certainly emphasizes the value of contrast, but not in the way you're meaning. Here's why: When you try to increase the strength of your desire on a subject where you have strong resistance, you end up increasing your resistance in equal measure to the increase to your desire. You end up with a stalemate, but because your desire is stronger, the consequence of the stronger desire opposed by stronger resistance is STRONGER EMOTIONAL DISCORD.
    Is contrast sometimes a way to make things happen in one's experience?
    Are there times when you really want more contrast? Absolutely. Is it "a way to make things happen in one's experience?" If you want really bumpy, dramatic experiences, perhaps. Allowing is always the more effective way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VVakeUp View Post
    Until the very last moment before arriving at the office, he was as certain about meeting his co-workers in 5 seconds as that he is breathing.
    Apparently he wasn't as certain as all that, especially seeing as NONE OF HIS COLLEAGUES WERE THERE. After all, when you're IN THE FEELING PLACE OF KNOWING, you're experiencing NOW that thing you KNOW. So here's another example of someone saying the WORDS about certainty that don't have anything to do with the EMOTIONAL/VIBRATIONAL place of KNOWING that we're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by VVakeUp View Post
    There is absolutely no way that he could at that exact day think "Well, what if I missed some crucial information about where I should go today?".
    How did this kind of manifestation occur? Was it some negative emotion/manifestation that made him miss the e-mail ?
    That's not a surprise as it's rare that people intentionally create unwanted things. As we often say, people rarely get cancer because they're thinking, "Cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer." Rather, they're focused on other topics that don't feel good and form habits of thought, and attract things that are a match to the way they're feeling. So rather than being in a vibrational/feeling place of KNOWING, they had some other vibration active that they weren't aware of. They can know what that vibration was by noting the emotional response to the manifestation, as what you think, how you feel and what manifests is ALWAYS a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by betterandbetter View Post
    I don't really think that's the point. You may have a strong desire but still couldn't attract something you really really want because of the resistance.
    I'm not talking about the point here, I only presented a case that's different than what you speak about.
    Is it possible that contrasting experiences are there to "arise or intensify" a desire?

Is it possible that contrasting experiences are there to "arise or intensify" a desire?
    I would say it differently. It's certainly the case that how we focus on any of experiences cause us to launch our RoDs. That's what Abraham mean when they talk about us "sifting and sorting" through the variety of this world.

It's important to remember that experiences are essentially "contrasting." Abraham's Contrast (capitalized to indicate Abraham's meaning of this common English word) is a fundamental quality of this universe. Abraham's Contrast means "variety," because this is a universe of variety (and that variety serves an important role in these teachings). That variety also comes into play in the key notion that every particle of this universe (every thought, every person, every place, every object,every experience, every thing) is a mixture of wanted (by you) and unwanted (by you) aspects. Every thing, every particle of this universe, is--by defintion--"Contrasting."

It's how we focus on our experiences that's important in these teachings. How we focus is our own doing.

It is true that through living experiences which are a mixture as I've described it that we come to new personal preferences. That's how desires "arise" or and can amended (what you're calling "intensify"). But that's something that we do for ourselves. (It's not like someone out there in the clouds is sending to us "experiences" to boost up our desires. That's not happening at all.) It's we who are doing it, which is why I'm playing my formatting games here in this reply.

The thing is we don't need to "intensify" any desire. When we Ask, it is immediately Given. It's done! Since it's done and it was done instantly, there's no need to "intensify" a desire.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I would say it differently. It's certainly the case that how we focus on any of experiences cause us to launch our RoDs. That's what Abraham mean when they talk about us "sifting and sorting" through the variety of this world.

It's important to remember that experiences are essentially "contrasting." Abraham's Contrast (capitalized to indicate Abraham's meaning of this common English word) is a fundamental quality of this universe. Abraham's Contrast means "variety," because this is a universe of variety (and that variety serves an important role in these teachings). That variety also comes into play in the key notion that every particle of this universe (every thought, every person, every place, every object,every experience, every thing) is a mixture of wanted (by you) and unwanted (by you) aspects. Every thing, every particle of this universe, is--by defintion--"Contrasting."

It's how we focus on our experiences that's important in these teachings. How we focus is our own doing.

It is true that through living experiences which are a mixture as I've described it that we come to new personal preferences. That's how desires "arise" or and can amended (what you're calling "intensify"). But that's something that we do for ourselves. (It's not like someone out there in the clouds is sending to us "experiences" to boost up our desires. That's not happening at all.) It's we who are doing it, which is why I'm playing my formatting games here in this reply.

The thing is we don't need to "intensify" any desire. When we Ask, it is immediately Given. It's done! Since it's done and it was done instantly, there's no need to "intensify" a desire.
    Then how would you explain not growing new limps? Is the belief that it is impossible or no one has desire for it?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    I think, there IS a "need" for intensified desire. That goes with the inevitable evolution that all desires have. And also, certain things only come when you get a greater momentum, aka when you pull the "rubberband back back back", to get more speed and intensity aka "bigness", and a much greater satisfaction when things fill in.

Abe speak to this, here:

Here's what you did say, you said,
    "I want enough dramatic things to go on in my experience early on that I can have a really robust Vortex early in my life and then I'm going to come into conscious awareness of the existence of the Vortex.

And I'm going to tend to my own personal emotional vibrational grid, because I am a Deliberate Creator.
    I've come forth to create big things,
    and nobody creates big things without big desire."

Portland, OR on 8/11/12

A longer gestation-period is making a much more intense and deep Vortex-Version!

You can´t feel the MAGNITUDE of a little idea!
    That´s why step 1 matters so much.
    You wanna parley your Vortex into HIGH FLYING, REALLY strong, POWERFUL desires!

And then, when you come into alignment with that, ohhh, the magnitude of the feeling lets you know, without any doubt, that you have an idea that is worth pursuing.

NOTHING can keep you from following up, on an idea like that! And then of course, the ideas just come and come and come. We´r not just talking about an idea. The success of those that you are speaking of, didn´t just come from 1 idea. They didn´t just stumble upon 1 idea, and set it into motion.

Those ideas kept coming and kept coming and kept coming! Right place, right time, right place, right time, right place, right time, right place, right time, kept coming and coming and coming and coming and coming.

There are thousands of decisions that where made and are still being made, in that process of that evolution of that, you see! We want you to think of the fun- and THIS is what we SO want you to hear:

Because this is what most people don´t know about those people, that you are talking about. Because most people who are standing on the outside of a creation like that, think: "Oh, they just stumbled upon an idea, and then, their fun started!"

Hmmmm, their fun started LONG before THAT idea hatched! They where having fun in the sifting and sorting! They where having fun in the speculation! They where having fun in the picking the minds of others! They where having fun in the dreaming of what could be. They where having fun in the launching of the rockets. They where having fun in the tuning themselves into alignment of it, you see.

It´s not just the culmination of something, because there never is a culmination! It looks like that to you, when you´r on the outside of it!BAM, it looks like that- booom, it just happened to that person!
    But the FUN is in the molding of the energies.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks · Achieving amazing wealth (2015)

You are DRAMATICALLY underestimating the value of a growing desire!

We think- we love you so much,
    that you are DRAMATICALLY underestimating
    the value of a growing desire.

Growing desire doesn´t feel good to you, if you are not keeping up to speed with it! Because, your desire is growing, and you´r not, your desire is growing and you´r not, your desire is growing and you´r not, your desire is growing and you´r not...
    and we promise you, your desire is growing!!!

So, your desire is growing, and you´r focused on a condition. Your desire is growing, and you´r focused on a condition. Your desire is growing, and you´r focused on a condition. And after a while, the tug of war is so strong within you, that you just sorta give up, and then you close the gap just a little bit- sort of by default. Almost like, accidentally. And then, you just keep getting back into the cycle.

But WHAT IF you could recognize a desire and no- it hasn´t manifested! But it´s in the process of becoming. And what if, you could start looking for the juice of it, NOW! What if you could accept, that all that contrast, all that step 1 which launched it,

HOW GOOD THAT IS FOR YOU?
    So, now you´r that step 5- master!

You are not condemning them, you´r not condemning you- you´r not condemning contrast. YOU ARE EMBRACING IT!
    You are adoring it. You are adoring it for the juice, that it gave to your life. And for the clarity, that it gave to your IB! To your IB who stands there, knowing all of that! And to your emotional guidance-system, that is letting you know that you´r not quite up to speed with it!

And your desire to feel good, that helps you getting up to speed with it! And then, ohhhhhhhhh.... the pay off comes!

Clarity happens in your mind. A good idea happens in your mind. You feel exhilarated about something. NOTHING IS CHANGED- but you´r feeling better anyway, you are UNCONDITIONALLY feeling better- and now, you are in charge of your world.

Now, you are the creator of your own reality. Now, you are the conscious, DELIBERATE creator, of your own reality.

And then, looking back, you can say: "Do you know, you really gave me a run for my money, but the juice that came out of that, is the best thing that ever happened to me. YOU (meaning, the rascal) helped me to put a desire, that now I have accomplished-
    that I would NEVER HAVE ACHIEVED, if it had not been for YOU.

It´s almost as if my IB guided me to this contrast-
    for the expansion, that would be there."

Sydney, Australia, Oct. 18, 2015

POE isn't that what Step 4 & 5 are about, becoming un-condition and appreciate of contrasting experience as a source of value, to intensify wanted rather than observe of not-wanted?