Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The limitations & possibilites of the LOA & Abe teachings from my experience so far.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    POE isn't that what Step 4 & 5 are about, becoming un-condition and appreciate of contrasting experience as a source of value, to intensify wanted rather than observe of not-wanted?
    Exactly. And in doing that, you allow the perfect (and according to Abe NEVER resistance-free) unfolding of what you really want.
    It´s GOOD that we never can totally let go of resistance! We just should allow enough so that the path feels joyful- even while there are still resistances! And we want to be free of resistances ENOUGH so that things flow. But again- not flow so fast, that there is not the joy of witnessing a step-by-step unfolding!

We don´t want instant manifestations. We don´t want to desire things- and *bam*- they´r there. This would be boring!

We REALLY came for the journey, for the creativity, the molding the clay and painting the pictures, for figuring-it-out, for the deepening of interest and achieving of passion, for the LIFE that is in playing with the resistances, and in the clarifying, and the fascinating "overcoming" of what seemed rockstable, and the triumphant achievement of allowing what once seemed impossible.

IN that, we experience the joy of "closing the gap" again and again and again.
    But we humans think we would be somehow flawed when we don´t get things first crack out of the box! No, it wasn´t INTENDED to always be perfect. If we would have intended that, we "would have stayed in nonphysical, with lazy old us" (Abe)

I'm not talking about the point here, I only presented a case that's different than what you speak about.
    Is it possible that contrasting experiences are there to "arise or intensify" a desire?
    Then you should choose words more wisely because that's what people understood from your post

Then how would you explain not growing new limps? Is the belief that it is impossible or no one has desire for it?
    Marc answered that for you above: resistance. See Marc's reply to you for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I think, there IS a "need" for intensified desire.
    When I said “there is no need to intensify a desire,” that was in response to a question that had built into it an idea that desires had to be intensified to a certain point I'm order to be fulfilled. That's not how these teachings operate. These teachings say, “when you Ask, it is Given. And it is Given in that very instant of our Asking.”

They don't say, “when you Ask with this level of intensity, it is Given.” They don't say, “if you Ask with mild intensity, we’ll wait until your intensity is at such-and-such level, then it will be Given.” These things don't happen.

It is true that we are constantly amending our desires as we live our daily lives. As we sift and sort, we are adding to the contents of our Vortex incrementally. And for all cases, that's a wanted thing. (Otherwise, we’d be getting it wrong and we cannot get it wrong.)

But at any point all the way, we CAN line up with a desire (as we've developed it within our Vortex) and have the desire (as we developed it within our Vortex) manifest in our experience. Abraham teach that we CAN manifest our desire in as little as 64 (now, less than 60) seconds. We CAN have what is, essentially, “instant manifestation.” That's part of these teachings. I would join you in questioning whether that's as desireable as a lot of people think.

I agree with Marc when he replied upthread that it's not ‘insufficient intensity’ (which then needs--key word--to be goosed up) which explains a “delay” in a wanted manifestation. It's almost always (I want to say “always”) a habit of resistance, which explains that. We have control over whether we're “doing” our habits and whether our habits are resistant or not.

It's rather like being hungry. If you're noticing the first tantalizing teinges of peckishness, you can eat then. Or you can wait until you developed an appetite. Or you can continue to wait until you're hungry. Or you can wait until your ravenous. Anytime along that curve, you can eat. You will have different experiences along that curve and all those experiences are appropriate. The choice of eating (or lining up) is a personal choice of the individual, and not a function of the principles of the Universe.

You talk about the evolution of a desire. I would suggest that this naturally occurs. Abraham teach that we Ask all day everyday and, because we are always Asking, we are unaware that we do, in fact, Ask. Because of this, we have been putting stuff in our Vortex long before we can even articulate it as a “deisre.” By the time we can articulate a desire, Abraham remind us that 99% of the manifestation is done. I would suggest that is the evolution of the desire that you're talking about.

That being said, this isn't like baking. There's no “harm” that comes if you choose to leave your creation in the Vortex after it’s done. We cannot get it wrong. We keep amending our creations in our Vortex. But by the time we can articulate a desire, we do have the ability to line up with it and have the creation that's in our Vortex manifest into our physical experience.

yes, agreed in all points, WB.
    That´s why I set "need" into quotationsmarks.

We don´t NEED anything.
    But it´s nice to- as you say- have the choice of speeding things up, and deliberately (or even undeliberately) give them more momentum. It all adds to the wonderful variety- and in many cases, as per example wanting to make what people deem to be "miracles", a hightened resistance in the beginning of the process is very helpful.

Just as the quotes point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Perhaps. Often it's not about the lack of desire, it's about RESISTANCE. Of course, you are correct that if your life has not caused you to desire something, it's not something you can align with.

Abraham certainly emphasizes the value of contrast, but not in the way you're meaning. Here's why: When you try to increase the strength of your desire on a subject where you have strong resistance, you end up increasing your resistance in equal measure to the increase to your desire. You end up with a stalemate, but because your desire is stronger, the consequence of the stronger desire opposed by stronger resistance is STRONGER EMOTIONAL DISCORD.

Are there times when you really want more contrast? Absolutely. Is it "a way to make things happen in one's experience?" If you want really bumpy, dramatic experiences, perhaps. Allowing is always the more effective way to go about it.
    I just saw your respond, I did not notice it earlier, but Marc you said that "your life has not caused you to desire something". That sort of means that it is your life experience that CAUSE you to desire something, perhaps even based on CONTRAST. You observe the unwanted, it makes you desire the wanted. So intensify of the desire, is relevant to momentum. This is what I understood from your answer. I'm glad you said if you want a bumpy dramatic experience because now I can see that it could also mean speeding the momentum on this subject.

Let me give an example, assuming I live a typical life, go to work then come back home. I have not experienced the world out-there beyond these two things in my life, so my life will probably stay the same as it is, due to the absence of contrasting experience of unwanted or desirable experience of the wanted, I will repeat the same experience over & over until I die. Unless an idea came out of the blue into my head, where I suddenly desire to go & travel, then those experience will also fine tune my Vortex version.

And are you saying there are no limitations nor impossibilities in this Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Exactly. And in doing that, you allow the perfect (and according to Abe NEVER resistance-free) unfolding of what you really want.
    It´s GOOD that we never can totally let go of resistance! We just should allow enough so that the path feels joyful- even while there are still resistances! And we want to be free of resistances ENOUGH so that things flow. But again- not flow so fast, that there is not the joy of witnessing a step-by-step unfolding!

We don´t want instant manifestations. We don´t want to desire things- and *bam*- they´r there. This would be boring!

We REALLY came for the journey, for the creativity, the molding the clay and painting the pictures, for figuring-it-out, for the deepening of interest and achieving of passion, for the LIFE that is in playing with the resistances, and in the clarifying, and the fascinating "overcoming" of what seemed rockstable, and the triumphant achievement of allowing what once seemed impossible.

IN that, we experience the joy of "closing the gap" again and again and again.
    But we humans think we would be somehow flawed when we don´t get things first crack out of the box! No, it wasn´t INTENDED to always be perfect. If we would have intended that, we "would have stayed in nonphysical, with lazy old us" (Abe)
    POE most of what you resonate with me but isn't Step 4 & 5 are like a stage that happens after many living times between Step 1,2,3? I mean, eventually, someone would realize that we can never be resistance free when in our journey toward our path of expansion?

I think it is not related to delay of wanted but rather manifest of what-most-would-define as impossible.
    Have you seen anyone yet able to have wings and fly (literally) when we are closer to the time of ascending?
    Have you seen anyone yet able to reverse the aging process (naturally), not only reduce but reverse it?
    I do think human body and this Universe are miracles but are there any limitations on manifestation?

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I agree with Marc when he replied upthread that it's not ‘insufficient intensity’ (which then needs--key word--to be goosed up) which explains a “delay” in a wanted manifestation. It's almost always (I want to say “always”) a habit of resistance, which explains that. We have control over whether we're “doing” our habits and whether our habits are resistant or not.

That being said, this isn't like baking. There's no “harm” that comes if you choose to leave your creation in the Vortex after it’s done. We cannot get it wrong. We keep amending our creations in our Vortex. But by the time we can articulate a desire, we do have the ability to line up with it and have the creation that's in our Vortex manifest into our physical experience.

POE most of what you resonate with me but isn't Step 4 & 5 are like a stage that happens after many living times between Step 1,2,3?
    What do you mean with "living times"?
    It´s certainly NOT about "many lives/incarnations". When we come into a new physical life, we have a clean slate. But we might have gathered more desire about certain things. But that has nothing to do with not allowing ourselves to be in step 3, 4 or 5!

Abe say, we all intended to be about 90-95% of our time in step 3 (and 4, 5, 6 and so on), and about 5- 10% in step 1. But most of us have that flipped.

It really might be a bit about intention, like the first quote I posted suggests- when we come to create "big" things, it helps so much to gather BIG momentum. Not everybody wants that. But those who do- according to Abe- ALL go through a lot of contrast, before they allow themselves to fly really REALLY high. It´s really a personal choice, that´s made on the soul-level, and source guides us to this "true desires" that we hold, while we might have forgotten them, but we will always resonate with them when we are in touch with them.

Here is a quote-collection exactly about that:
    Not getting what you want, yet? The Universe is watching out for you!

I mean, eventually, someone would realize that we can never be resistance free when in our journey toward our path of expansion?
    I don´t know if I understand your sentence!
    It would be wise to realize that we can never be resistance-free. Meaning, understanding that resistance is not only not bad- but can be a really really good thing as soon you understand it, because in playing with the resistance from the stance of step 4 and 5, you have a MUCH higher joy-level, than if you would try to avoid all resistance. Having fun with the resistance is what true adventure is.

Overcoming Resistances is the same as the FUN of the journey!

You know that path of most allowing, or that path of least resistance... We´r gonna say something in a way you have not heard before (...).

Your journey is more FUN,
    because there´s resistance on your path.

It just is! It´s more fun! You don´t REALLY want a straight, swift line to the things you want! You think you do. But it´s SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING to figure it out, as you go!

It´s all about resistance- to be a hands-on-creator, to be molding the clay, to get better and better and better at this, to see the results, that you get... -think about it!

2015-07-26 San Francisco

Aiming to come to the authentic "Knowing that we can not get it wrong" is what Abe help us to understand with their teaching. When you realize that, you feel huge relief and have so much more ease and fun- and IN that, so much more propability to allow whatever you want- because you are not in your way anymore, with all this shame, self-blame and regret.

And as soon you don´t shoot yourself into the foot anymore, "the sky is open" for all sorts of amazing things to be pulled off by you.

I think it is not related to delay of wanted but rather manifest of what-most-would-define as impossible.
    Then, you are no longer creating your own reality. Then, you are using "most" and "most's definitions" to create your reality. You're certainly free to do that and many people, in fact, do that. But that's what Abraham call "regurgitation." Again, it's all right if that's what you choose to do. You cannot get it wrong.

But Abraham teach us a different approach, if you wish to choose to do that.

Have you seen anyone yet able to have wings and fly (literally) when we are closer to the time of ascending?
    Have you seen anyone yet able to reverse the aging process (naturally), not only reduce but reverse it?
    I do think human body and this Universe are miracles but are there any limitations on manifestation?
    I would suggest that you re-read the very clear replies that were made above answering these very questions.

I will only add that if you need to see it before you believe it, then you slow your own manifestations way, way down. This is true for ALL manifestations. If you demand to see the money in the bank before you believe in your prosperity, if you demand to see your improved physical conditions before you believe in your own physical well-being, it's your own resistant demand that will delay your experiencing these desires until you croak. You need to find the vibration of your desire if you wish to manifest it in this physical time-space reality. This means that you need to Believe (capitalized to indicate Abraham's use of this word and as further defined in the replies above) it, before you can see it. That's the Law.