Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

  1. #1
    MariaMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    the Center of the Universe
    Posts
    25

    STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

    Hi:)

    I am trying to figure out how STDs fit into the picture of what Abraham says about there only being a stream of wellbeing and how our own vibration is the only thing that matters. What about viruses? What about those illnesses that seem to spread between people? Feeling pretty worried about the topic...

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,301
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    ...what Abraham says about there only being a stream of wellbeing...
    Let's start here. There is only a Stream of Well-Being. However, we humans are free to line up with that Stream of Well-Being or not. We "line up" through the vibration we offer. When I say "line up," I mean we offer a vibration which is in synch with the Stream, or not. That's why our vibration is the only thing that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    and how our own vibration is the only thing that matters. What about viruses? What about those illnesses that seem to spread between people?
    Have you ever noticed that there are those people who, whenever "there's a cold going 'round," never catch that cold? Just because there are microbes (germs, viruses, bacteria, etc.) present doesn't mean that a person will catch that disease.

    The only way that we have anything in our experience (money, a relationship, a house, a car, a disease, etc.) is if we become a vibrational match to that anything.

    Now, it's rare that someone deliberately becomes a match to a disease. But we humans can pinch ourselves off, with our habits of resistance, from the Stream of Well-Being to such an extent that we can interfere with the natural alignment of the cells of our bodies. You see, the cells of our bodies typically don't have resistance. The cells of our bodies are much more adaptable than we humans are. The cells of our bodies are quickly regaining their alignment very quickly, as long as we humans don't get in the way.

    But sometimes we do. Sometimes we humans think our thoughts, even though they don't feel any form of "good" to us. And if we do that often enough, consistently enough and for long enough,--in that moment--we can temporarily interfere with our cells' ability to find their alignment. We can pinch ourselves off from our Stream of Well-Being and, as a result, we can manifest a condition which others might label a "disease." This is the same for all diseases, not just the small subsection you've highlighted.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    Feeling pretty worried about the topic...
    Worry is on the Scale, isn't it? How are you tending your emotional guidance of Worry?


    Moderator's note: I've expanded the title of your thread so that our built-in Forum search engine can more easily work with your thread title.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,301
    As you're waiting for more replies, Abraham have written and spoken extensively on "diseases" and how we manifest our bodily conditions. So, I will refer you to the books. (Your sort of general question suggests that you'd find some relief in getting up to speed with what Abraham have said on that topic.) We've had many conversations about that big broad topic and you can Search (either the built-in search engine or your favorite commercial search engine) for those topics.

    There are no special rules or exceptions for the small sub-section of this big broad topic. You might start soothing your story about how this small sub-section might be different or more difficult or whatever than any other kind of disease. That might be a helpful place for you to begin your "work."

  4. #4
    Emmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beautiful South East Queensland!, Australia
    Posts
    694
    Hey Maria. If you're worrying about them and focusing on them - they're coming for you, lovely!! We attract at where we are vibrating; where we are focusing. Yes, there's the time buffer, so when you find yourself pondering this, catch yourself and switch your thinking. There is always a stream of wellbeing; it is only our thoughts and vibration that prevent it. x

  5. #5
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,887
    you got excellent advice already, just let me add my unique way of explaining it:

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    Hi

    I am trying to figure out how STDs fit into the picture of what Abraham says about there only being a stream of wellbeing and how our own vibration is the only thing that matters. What about viruses?
    ...you attract them when you feel out of alignment with your wellbeing. Itīs an INDICATOR of you, being focused against your desires.

    What about those illnesses that seem to spread between people?
    This are dis-eases (!) that people "share" or "spread" to those who feel the same or matching way of dis-ease. The topic of sexually transmitted dis-ease defines/describes/indicates the topic in which people who get sick with exactly THIS kind of diseases, feel the dis-ease to begin with.

    Feeling pretty worried about the topic...
    Which is an INDICATOR as well, and when you donīt tend to it, aka SOOTHE your worry- "it will get bigger" due to LoA, until it might become a physical dis-ease.


    Abe explain it all so wonderfully in this quotes.
    Quotes about the BODY (health, decline, shape, beauty, aging...)


  6. #6
    MariaMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    the Center of the Universe
    Posts
    25
    The thing is that I have read/listened to a LOT of what Abraham says about dis-ease and it definitely resonates with me. I know that the only reason for dis-ease is closing the circuits/having resistant thoughts or whatever you want to call it. (even though I seemed to have some doubts about viruses but that feels good now)

    I have just gotten some weird fear/obsession about what would happen if I got diagnosed with HIV. An extremely scary scenario for me which I know I have to make peace with in order to move on. Even though I know that all is well regarding my (and everyone elses) health there are so many scary laws and so much stigma around the topic. I know that my health is assured and I trust Source about that. I just donīt trust the doctors and their diagnoses. Even though I trust that getting into the vortex will give me wellbeing I donīt trust that it will get me a negative HIV-result. I know I need to get to the place where I donīt need that kind of outside things to feel good. Itīs just that if I got that diagnosis I couldnīt just ignore it and get on with my life, because then I would be a criminal! Other people are so scared of the virus it is illegal to not tell everyone you sleep with that you have this virus. (which would be a very sad scenario) I know otherīs opinions are not supposed to matter but 95 percent of the population are not deliberate creators and would be very scared to hear that you have been diagnosed with HIV. And just because I get into the vortex doesnīt mean I will have a negative HIV-test. I definitely think there is a lot of BS in those tests... I guess my worry is more on a societal level rather than about my health. I feel trapped by society because I feel like it might put some off-putting label on me and then Iīm, basically doomed. I feel out of control. If you are pregnant when they "discover HIV" they can even force you to take poisonous medication (yes I believe that very strong medications can be harmful) because of the baby. All the laws, regulations and stigma scares me.

    I know this is a veery specific freaky scenario but it just scares me so so much and I need to make peace with it to move on. ((((((

  7. #7
    MariaMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    the Center of the Universe
    Posts
    25
    Realized that I contradicted myself by saying I know that the only reason for dis-ease is resistant thought and in the same time believing that strong medication can be harmful. A little unclear about that apparently.

  8. #8
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,887
    It doesnīt matter what you fear (if itīs about having the disease, being doomed by people to be a criminal, not being able to have freedom in sexuality, about medicaments...). Fear ALWAYS means that you look at this topic differently than source within you looks at it. Period.

    You feel this fear (or pain or anger or whatever) BECAUSE you are ripping yourself apart- between how you look, and how YOU (who-you-really-are) looks.

    Itīs not the stuff. Itīs not the others, itīs no conditions. Itīs YOU and you, not jiving.
    As soon you relax, and find a better angle/stance/way of looking, this fear goes away.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,301
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    it just scares me so so much and I need to make peace with it to move on. ((((((
    These are perhaps the wisest words you've written in this thread. How will you make peace with it?

    You see, part of what's going on is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    The thing is that I have read/listened to a LOT of what Abraham says…
    It seems your primary strategy with this topic has been listening to others (Abraham, us, perhaps others in your life) hoping that our words will soothe you. And sometimes that happens.

    Sometimes, you'll find a person who thinks they're doing you a favor by coming down to where you are and attempting to lift you up. But that's not what you want at all. Take a look at any young child and you'll see them push the grown-up's out of the way. They want to feel their power. They want to accomplish what they want to accomplish.

    You can listen to us or Abraham all day long, but what you're really describing here is a vibrational gap between what you're hearing and what you actually Believe. (I'm capitalizing that word to indicate Abraham's use of that word.) Now, it's all right that you Believe what you Believe.

    But the way that you address a vibrational gap is to take your vibrational journey. Your vibrational journey starts from where you are (from what you currently Believe) and then progresses to thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better. This is why Abraham teach the story of the road trip from Phoenix to San Diego. In any trip you take, it's a progression, a series of successive increments one after another after another which will eventually get you towards your destination.

    I like to say that “This isn't Star Trek. There are no transporters. You can't beam yourself from where you are to where you want to be,” which is what you've been trying to do.

    It's all right that you've been trying to do that but, in the process, you're learning why Abraham teach us a different approach. Abraham teach us a different approach, because they know you can't “beam” yourself from your Belief that there are scary viruses out to make you sick alllllll the way over to Abraham's Knowing that all disease has the same cause, which is vibrational misalignment.

    But you can start to soothe and soften some of what you've written here to that it is still “true” to you yet feels less scary or feels less "special exception" or different than any other physical condition, than any other manifestation.

    This post that you've written here was really good because it gives you a really good platform for you to start making peace with where you are. You've written here about where you are. You've even reviewed it and identified a pocket of resistance. (Good for you.)

    So, let's talk about what “making peace” is. Making peace with where you are is acknowledging where you are, accepting where you are as your temporary place on your ongoing journey. It's all right if where you currently are is a place of Fear. You know enough about these teachings to know that Fear is simply an indicator of what your doing with your vibration. Fear is letting you know that your IB, who is connected to Infinite Intelligence, has a different understanding than you currently have on this topic.

    As you can see, making peace is an emotional process, not a figuring-it-out, intellectual process. In fact, this whole material is an emotional process rather than an intellectual process. We can use our logic to support our emotional process. We can use our logic to reach for and come to better-feeling conclusions. But, ultimately, we have to accept those conclusions based on the fact that they feel better.

    When you make peace with where you are, you can then review your post some more. As you feel your way through it as you review it some more, you will identify even more resistance. As you identify your vairous pockets of resistance, you can find thoughts which still seem true to you but which feel better than the thoughts that you've shared here with us. That's taking your vibrational journey. As you do that, you'll be cloing your vibrational gap between where you are and where you want to be.

    As you take your vibrational journey, you will find it helpful to be as precise with your words as you can. Even more precise than you have been here. For example,
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    I know that the only reason for dis-ease is closing the circuits/having resistant thoughts or whatever you want to call it. (even though I seemed to have some doubts about viruses but that feels good now)
    You see, you don't Know (capitalized to indicate Abraham's meaning of this word, which is the vibration of Knowing) that “the only reason for dis-ease is….” [ETA: You Know that the sun will come up tomorrow. You Know that when you let go of an object, it will fall down rather than up. Feel the difference between that Knowing that you have and how you feel when you say here "I know..." It's a different feeling, isn't it? That's why you're having Doubt. You have a] Belief (a weaker, yet powerful form of Knowing) is that viruses cause dis-ease.

    So, it might be more accurate for you to say, “I've heard Abraham (and others) say that the only reason for dis-ease is…. And I would really like to Believe that. But my current Belief is that viruses can cause dis-ease, regardless of my vibrational alignment. And I have my good reasons for Believing this….”

    Because, of course, you do have your good reasons for Believing what you Believe. Now, in terms of this material, all of those reasons would be considered “resistant” thoughts because they run counter to what you want.

    Now, you know that you can next examine your good reasons and see how each of your good reasons feel to you. Then you can start to find thoughts which seem as true to you as your reasons yet which feel better. As you do that, you'll be taking more of your vibrational journey.

    So, how would you like to proceed? Are you going to use this Forum to your advantage, doing your “work” in your thread and perhaps attracting to you pointers and tips from more experienced Abers?
    Last edited by WellBeing; 1 Week Ago at 01:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •