Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Feeling stuck in disempowerment

  1. #1

    Feeling stuck in disempowerment

    I wonder if you guys can help me...


    Most of the time , with the exception of the odd week here and there , I feel unable to tap into my power / be on the right side of the equation.


    I feel disempowered; I’ve lost that feeling place where I know I am a creator and feel happy expressing my desires.When my practise is going well,I really get that empowered feeling going and start manifesting more of what I want....


    Sometimes this cycle I’m in now has lasted months, sometimes weeks. It’s been a common theme since I started my Loa practise about 5 years ago.


    I never ever doubt that law of attraction works. I just get stuck on this disempowered disc....


    The odd week when the empowered feeling comes back i haven’t been able to figure out why, what caused it.


    I know I have created this situation. And I know its happened because I’m judging it, and spinning on that disc therefore keeping that creation going.


    I have tried soothing myself that it’ll be alright , but the fact is, it really bothers me, and I can’t see past that....


    I have also tried just allowing that “spinning disc” to stop spinning by sidestepping the issue, and just keeping doing the work on other subjects, on other contrast that arises, and focusing on wobble free thoughts and while that helps me to keep on top of the contrast, and keeps life fairly smooth , it hasn’t stopped the “disempowered” disc from spinning .


    In fact , I know the story I’m telling is “life is ok, in fact it’s better than ever, because many things that used to bother me a lot, I have dealt with very successfully”, but I’m missing that empowered feeling, i want to be creating.

    I would love to hear your thoughts on this

  2. #2
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,356
    You are NEVER stuck, because energy is ALWAYS in motion. So, you can not stand still, really. But you can focus in a way that you create the same over and over again. You must CHANGE something. Anything, really- and do it in a way that you feel a bit relief.

    You "do the thing you are doing" in this post!
    You OBSERVE what is, and then, re-act to what-is. And that re-creates what-is.



    You don´t want your emotions to follow your observations!
    You want your emotions to LEAD your observations!
    (...) you are creating your reality, with your emotional responses!



    Philadelphia May 2013


    So learn to guide your focus on anything that you would want INSTEAD.
    Or guide your focus to "non-thought", aka meditation. Both will get you out of stuckness pretty fast.

  3. #3
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,356
    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    ... but I’m missing that empowered feeling, i want to be creating.

    I would love to hear your thoughts on this
    And stop the "yes, but" game.
    It is THE thing that holds us on our place!

    "Yes" = 1 step forwards.
    "But" = 1 step backwards.


    Also, "Empowerment" is on the very top of the EGS. You get there in allowing yourself to GRADUALLY become solidly ITV!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,425
    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    Most of the time , with the exception of the odd week here and there , I feel unable to tap into my power / be on the right side of the equation.

    This is the power of the vibrational journey. It's easy to forget, when we're talking about the journey, that in between our starting point and our destination, there's a journey to be had in between. IOW, when you're on the "wrong" side (no such thing), you can't instantly leap to the "right" side, no more so than you can leap from the ground floor of Marc's tall building to the top floor. The LoA won't let you do that. And when you're on the ground floor, you're not able to see or experience what's gong on on the top floor. That just makes sense, doesn't it.

    Now, you CAN take the stairs, from the ground (or lower) floor where you are to climb to the top floor where you want to be. You can do that. You can use the Emotional Guidance Scale to climb from wherever you are--in incremental, progressive, sustainable, comfortable steps--to where you want to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    I feel disempowered;...

    "Disempowered" is another word for Powerlessness, isn't it? Where's Powerlessness on the Scale?

    It makes no difference if you're in Disempowered/Powerlessness, because Abraham have given us tools and techniques to take our vibrational journeys. But they also teach that you (none of us, actually) are going to be able to jump from the ground floor of Marc's tall building to the very top floor.

    You're going to want to take the stairs instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    I’ve lost that feeling place where I know I am a creator...

    Well, that's what's going on on the top floor of Marc's tall building. When you're at the ground floor, you can't really know what's going on on the top floor of the building. If you want to know what's going on on the top floor of the building, you're going to want to take the vibrational journey (rather than leaping upwards) from where you are to where you want to be. How are you doing that? (Because so far--and I don't say this to be harsh--it seems like you're attempting to leap from the ground floor to the top floor of Marc's tall building. In the process, you're learning that there's this thing called the LoA which makes it hard for you to do something that's very different than what you're used to doing. Which is why we recommend that you "take the stairs."


    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    ...and feel happy expressing my desires.

    You're learning that you can't go from crappy to happy. The LoA won't let you do that.

    This is why we recommend to our Forum friends (and you) that you feel better, which in this case might look like "a little less crappy." As you reach for "a little less crappy" or "a little less disempowered", you can then reach for "a little less crappy" or "a little less disempowered" from that. Eventually, you can find up in the vicinity of "happy."

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    When my practise is going well,I really get that empowered feeling going and start manifesting more of what I want....

    Ahhh, here's the moment of truth: How are you defining your "power"? Is it by getting your stuff? Are you doing your "practise" to get your stuff? (Which is a sure-fired way to slow down the manifestation of your stuff. Because your focus is on the Lack-or-Absence of your stuff, which is why you're doing your practice, right?)

    The key piece of these teachings is the reason that we want EVERYTHING (the money in our bank, the car in our garage, the lover in our bed, the spring in our step, EVERYTHING) is because we believe that we will feel better in the having of it. So, if you can feelbetter before you have your stuff, you've really accomplished for yourself what you thought the stuff was going to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    Sometimes this cycle I’m in now has lasted months, sometimes weeks. It’s been a common theme since I started my Loa practise about 5 years ago.

    When our Forum friends talk about “cycle,” the reason why they are “cycling” is because they are reaching farther than the LoA will allow. They are--as we’re talking here--trying to jump from the ground floor to the top floor of Marc’s tall building. In the process, they’re discovering that there’s this thing called “gravity” (or, in the case of these teachings, “the LoA”) which will bring them back to what they’ve practiced. It’s all right that you’re attempting your quantum leaps, but you’re discovering why Abraham recommend that we don’t attempt that. Instead, they recommend that we take our vibrational journeys.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    The odd week when the empowered feeling comes back i haven’t been able to figure out why, what caused it.

    This is key! This is important! Feelings don’t “come back.” You create them. You create them with your thoughts. When you’re feeling “empowered” you’re thinking thoughts which are in alignment with your IB who Knows your power. That is what caused it.

    Now, if you’re not aware how you’ve stumbled into those thoughts, that’s all right. You can use the fact that you’ve stumbled into those thoughts as part of your vibrational journey so that you can create more opportunities where you meet up with those thoughts. Then, we can no longer call those moments “stumbling into.” Then you begin to know your power.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    I know I have created this situation.

    So, quick pop quiz here: How does this thought feel? Is this a thought of “power” or of “blame”?

    It doesn’t matter which of those choices you answer because both of those answers are higher up on the Scale than Powerlessness.

    But--important question--what is your emotional guidance telling you about this thought? Does it feel “better” or “worse”? Are you filling your gas tank or letting it run down?

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    And I know its happened because I’m judging it,...

    Since you are the one “judging” whatever it is you’re judging, you have the ability to do less judging, if that’s what you want to do.

    Are you willing to use your power (and your knowledge and your tools) to do less of this thing that you’ve identified that you’d like to do less of?

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    and spinning on that disc therefore keeping that creation going.

    Again, by your own description here, you’re the one who’s spinning on that disc, which means that you have the power to spin on another disc. So, exercise your power. Do something differently. And if you can’t do something differently, bring a piece of whatever “it” is to this Forum, select a Process that’s comfortable with which you’re comfortable working and--in doing so--attract more experienced Abers with their pointers and tips to help you with your “it.”

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    I have tried soothing myself that it’ll be alright , but the fact is, it really bothers me, and I can’t see past that....

    So, what you’re telling us is that your “it’ll be alright” words really aren’t helping you to feel better, as Abraham teach and as we recommend. In the process of that, you’ve been learning that the LoA doesn’t hear your pretty words. It responds to your vibration.

    So, you’re going to want to reach for words which still seem true to you yet which feel better in place of your hollow platitudes.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    I have also tried just allowing that “spinning disc” to stop spinning by sidestepping the issue, and just keeping doing the work on other subjects, on other contrast that arises, and focusing on wobble free thoughts and while that helps me to keep on top of the contrast, and keeps life fairly smooth , it hasn’t stopped the “disempowered” disc from spinning .

    Fair enough. You’ve been around here long enough to know that I’m not a big fan of the “sidestepping” approach. Everyone is free to choose that approach, because Abraham recommend it. But they also recommend that we do the “work” on any “issue” that arises, particularly when we can’t “sidestep” it, as it seems that you’re reporting here. So, are you ready to start doing the “work” on this issue and, in doing so, reclaim the power that you already have? That’s your call.

    Quote Originally Posted by loholt View Post
    In fact , I know the story I’m telling is “life is ok, in fact it’s better than ever, because many things that used to bother me a lot, I have dealt with very successfully”, but I’m missing that empowered feeling, i want to be creating.

    Well, wait a minute! If “life is ok” and if “in fact it’s better than ever” and if it’s better than ever “because many things that used to bother me a lot, I have dealt with very successfully”...isn’t that the definition of “power”? How else did that come about? Was it Magic Beanie Babies who did that for you? Even if it were, how did those Magic Beanie Babies know to come to you to do that for you?

  5. #5
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,356
    thank you David


    No matter how long you've been in that place,
    no matter how long you've practiced that negative emotion, no matter what the conditions that you're standing in, that you're observing, that are making you feel less than good, it doesn't matter how big, bad and awful whatever-it-is is, that you think you're living,
    ...10 minutes is as long as we think it would ever take to achieve the important manifestation of the improved emotional state of being.

    And if you can accomplish the emotion, you've created the grid.
    And if you've created the grid and can maintain the emotion, the details will fill in. And you will feel like the most blessed, loved, cared for, worthy being who has ever lived in any environment. Because everything just fills in and says, here's more, lovely one, of what you're looking for. Here's more, here's more, here's more. You'll never get bored, because there will always be more.


    Atlanta 10-1-11

  6. #6
    Thanks PoE. What you said is helping me get past wanting to avoid the “better feeling thought” exercise...cheers 😊

  7. #7
    I know what you mean about we are never stuck cos we just keep recreating the same thing over and over ..
    while yesterday I cd not see the wood for the trees , your and wellbeing’s replies have already lifted me out of the total confusion I was in😀

  8. #8
    I must apologise for my disjointed replies- I don’t know if it’s cos I’m using an iPad , but I’m unable to use the helpful functions like cutting and past g specific quotes from a reply, .. All I’m able to do is a basic reply, so I will just have to reply to individual posters , ie name the person and restyle the words I want to quote, rather than responding to particular posts, if that makes sense..

  9. #9
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,356


    ...and from the confusion, BIG clarity gets born, and you will allow it, eventually!

  10. #10
    Thanks Wellbeing
    was in such confusion that I couldn’t even see I was using hollow words , trying to jump too far.
    I feel much better already seeing this clearly, knowing now what to do...




    To be honest , regarding your comment “How are you defining your "power"? Is it by getting your stuff? Are you doing your "practise" to get your stuff?” I feel like while there are of course things that I would like to manifest, for examp,e, a new job, what I really want is just to feel better about the situation. I have come to value the feeling more and more, because , as you say,,,that’s the only reason we want anything .


    When you say “if you’re not aware how you’ve stumbled into those thoughts, that’s all right. You can use the fact that you’ve stumbled into those thoughts as part of your vibrational journey so that you can create more opportunities where you meet up with those thoughts. Then, we can no longer call those moments “stumbling into.” Then you begin to know your power.”....yes , I know wat you mean, and although I can only really get that in a vague way right now, I feel like that will be clearer when I have got up the emotional scale.


    Re: i know I have created this situation. And
    So, quick pop quiz here: How does this thought feel? Is this a thought of “power” or of “blame”? I think it feels more like power, simply because when I recognise I did it,thw I can also do something different




    Reagrding me judging it, you ask “do I want to do less judging?”Yes definitely


    I think I want to try to do this gradually climbing up the emo scale on my own and then post it for others to add their comments if anyone wants to...


    I can often successfully do the work on many subjects , but when the topic is really big , like this one, sometimes I just get completely floored, can’t see the wood for the trees. It will be really good to show myself I can do the work even with heavier feeling subjects like this


    What you said about sidestepping is also very helpful .

    Regarding how I say my life if better than ever: yes there are still many this I want, but the things that were causing me the most suffering I have dealt with the majority of these. When I’m feelig disempowered I weirdly forget , or don’t fully get it that it was me that did all that. But of course I did. Yes, recognising this will help me to regain my feeling of power.
    I’m ready and willing to do the work and would like to post my work on this board when I’ve made some progress; would value others comments very much...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •