Thread: When you struggle to maintain focus

When you struggle to maintain focus

I have one area in my life that I know works out to my desire to a great extent, rest of areas are also improving with it. However, my main issue is with my focus, I find it difficult to stay focused, I will explain later what I mean by that in my question.
    I remember I used to be someone who always focus on wanted aspect of a condition, even if I observe lack I acknowledge it and accept it as it is.
    My job requires that I look for problems & find solutions to them, etc. I have noticed that my mind tend to be fixated on this mentality; even when I am off duty, always looking at the empty glass, rather than full glass. Always looking where is the lack rather than where is the abundance has become a nightmare in the past that lead to my mental illness.

How do I train my mind to stop this perfectionist mentality, when I am off duty & even when I am on duty; to only overlook things generally to assess the risks/opportunities (see things in contrast, there is good and there is bad) rather than become meticulously focused on ever tiny error/issue, it is now considered a waste of time to pick on petty issues, etc (there is bad, there is more bad, there is plenty of bad)? Does anyone who reads understand what my question is about my own mentality?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    donīt struggle, set the INTENTION and know, that now itīs done. And then take a nap, or meditate or go on with normal life, knowing that as soon youīr in the receptive mode, you will see, hear, "get" the perfect impulses! Just get off the problem-side of the stick. Itīs a journey, and you go the faster, the less efforting and heavy you are.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    donīt struggle, set the INTENTION and know, that now itīs done. And then take a nap, or meditate or go on with normal life, knowing that as soon youīr in the receptive mode, you will see, hear, "get" the perfect impulses! Just get off the problem-side of the stick. Itīs a journey, and you go the faster, the less efforting and heavy you are.
    Thanks, that's the reason I have nearby the book of The Power of Intention.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    I have one area in my life that I know works out to my desire to a great extent, rest of areas are also improving with it. However, my main issue is with my focus, I find it difficult to stay focused, I will explain later what I mean by that in my question.
    I remember I used to be someone who always focus on wanted aspect of a condition, even if I observe lack I acknowledge it and accept it as it is.
    go a step further in this. Acknowledge it and understand, that- even it is not your preference, it is the perfect next GOOD step for somebody. Everything is GOOD- for someone, somewhen.

You donīt need to choose it, but donīt judge anything as "bad" per se- that is pushing against, and does not serve anybody.

My job requires that I look for problems & find solutions to them, etc. I have noticed that my mind tend to be fixated on this mentality;
    I guess that is very true for many people, per example, my husband is an engineer whoīs job is troubleshooting. But when you look at that from the side that source looks upon it, you will notice that this is a wonderful thing- because in this adventurous, blessed avocation, you can learn how to see recognizing a problem is the same as birthing a solution! It IS the very same.

Your job is not to push against the problem, but to enjoy the problem as the beginning of expansion, evolution, and of a wonderful journey towards a fulfilling solution.

even when I am off duty, always looking at the empty glass, rather than full glass. Always looking where is the lack rather than where is the abundance
    donīt see THIS as unwanted, either! Say instead that you are a solution-birther, and are genius in recognizing chances.

has become a nightmare in the past that lead to my mental illness.
    only because you pushed against the unwanted side of that!

That pushing-against is what makes you un-easy (dis-ease).

How do I train my mind to stop this perfectionist mentality, when I am off duty & even when I am on duty; to only overlook things generally to assess the risks/opportunities (see things in contrast, there is good and there is bad)
    THAT is the flawed premise in your equation. THAT is why it doesnīt work. You look at this from a stance of acknowledging that there is good and bad. And thatīs not true- in the same way that there is no source of darkness, no source of sickness, no source of evil. There is ONLY the wanted, and the absence of the wanted.

What you deem to be "bad" has itīs worth and itīs place and itīs time- it is wanted, it is GOOD.

It is so easy to say:
    No, wait! I donīt wanna be here, or: I didnīt want to be here-
    or: This went wrong.
    But if you could just say, and MEAN:

Where I am is just right, given ALL that I want.

I might not understand it.
    I might not be sensitive enough, to the
    vibrational path to UNDERSTAND the benefit, of all of that...
    You can even say: I wanted an easier route.
    Or, I wanted a route that felt more this way, than that way.

But if you can just accept, that where you are
    is RIGHT, not WRONG.
    That is the thing we wanna say to you!!

Where you are, no matter where it is, in relationship to
    where you want to be, is RIGHT! Not wrong!

Itīs RIGHT. Not wrong.

Because, you are starting where you are!

And when you are accepting that it is right, than
    immediately, you turn in the direction of what you want!

from the clip Abraham Explains Benefits Of Old Resistance...

I am probably in similar job as your husband so I probably need to read and re-read your respond to grasp things at a mental level. Thank you POE.