Thread: Probable selves and parallel realities?

Probable selves and parallel realities?

Hello Abe Forum Friends, it’s been a while!

I usually come in Abe Forum when I’m seeking comfort and right now I feel pretty lost.

So I was reading Seth last night and became distraught after reading that there are infinite probable selves that spawn every time we make a major choice, and that those selves are just as real as me and, in fact, to those selves I am a “probable self.”

Trippy.

I’ve never loved the concept of reincarnation but I’ve come to terms with it, so I suppose I will come to terms with this too. I just find it alarming that there are infinite mes, some living similar lives and some living vastly different lives.

Abraham admits it is true but hasn’t gone into detail about it, except to say that our point of power is in the now and if we find it upsetting then we shouldn’t think about it.

I just can’t get the thought out of my mind. The idea that this is all an illusion in a sea of infinite probabilities makes me sad and makes it hard for me to see the point in focusing here and now.

Does anyone have a more detailed talk from Abraham about these probable selves and parallel realities?

I feel like the more I listen and read about it for
    Abraham, the more soothed I will feel.

"To know if Source, Infinite Intelligence, Inner Being, God agrees or disagrees with the thought, word, action you are involved in, you have only to notice if it feels good or bad." Abraham

I would suggest to you to go with what Source knows about this subject. Think and feel, think and feel, and in this way you make your way to what Source knows.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora energy View Post
    Does anyone have a more detailed talk from Abraham about these probable selves and parallel realities?
    I'll let our Forum friends talk about this with you because, from your standpoint and the standpoint of your IB, your reality is the only one that matters to you. These other "probable" realities only matter to you to the extent that you dwell on them, which would impact your vibration in this, your actual reality which would impact your reality that you are creating here. You have emotional guidance, though, letting you know whether you are helping to create a reality that you want here or not. Which gets me to the point that I really want to talk with you about....

I feel like the more I listen and read about it for Abraham, the more soothed I will feel.
    So, here's the thing. You're missing out on an opportunity to mould your reality here, in the sense that you are asking Abraham or us to do your own vibrational "work." This isn't any different than someone who has attracted a love situation that they don't want or a bodily condition that they don't want. Like them, you have the ability to use your emotional guidance to find thoughts about this which seem true to you yet which feel better. That's what soothing is, whether you do it or whether we do it for you. The thing is that we don't have your emotional guidance so we can't know what is soothing to you. So, it turns into a game of "He said..../She said...." or "Whose Imaginary Friend is Bigger/Stronger/Wiser/etc.?" You can run back and forth between Sether's and Aber's and WhomeverElser's, but you won't be truly soothed until you accomplish your own vibrational shift.

Your IB KNOWS and understands your place within the totality of the cosmos better than anyone else anywhere. That's the knowing and the understanding that you want to be tuning into. You do that by using your emotional guidance to tune your thoughts, focus and vibration so that you can receive that knowing and understanding. That's very different than taking opinion polls amongst your physical friends and some published NP friends, you see?

I don't have a problem with the probable selves and alternate realities, really, since the only one "I" am aware of and focused on at the moment is this one. It could be an interesting mental game to imagine them, but it's not anything to "worry" about to me. I fall back on a quote: "Reality is not only stranger than we suppose but stranger than we can suppose."
    - J. B. S. Haldane

It's just....interesting but not particularly relevant to this "me" right "now"....LOL.

Abraham admits it is true but hasn’t gone into detail about it

There is plenty Abraham will not say, but she has gone into extensive detail about the living of multiple lives.

If it makes you feel any better, based on the rules of play, consciousness can be withdrawn from those other lives at any time. So it could easily be the case that there is only one of you at this moment.

Abraham admits it is true but hasn’t gone into detail about it, except to say that our point of power is in the now and if we find it upsetting then we shouldn’t think about it.
    Actually, Abraham has gone into it into much more greater detail than you realize, in fact it's the bulk of what they talk about. Your Inner Being is one of these "possible selves," although they'd describe it more as an "inevitable self." They're always encouraging you to tune into that vibrational reality that your Inner Being is experiencing. You could also say that every other being and consciousness on this planet are your "possible selves" experiencing this same physical reality right now. It's all just a matter of how you want to slice and dice this physical experience.
    I just can’t get the thought out of my mind. The idea that this is all an illusion in a sea of infinite probabilities makes me sad and makes it hard for me to see the point in focusing here and now.
    Is there a sea of infinite possibilities? Absolutely. Is what you're experiencing one interpretation of the probabilities and possibilities in that sea? Unquestionably. Do you have the ability to choose what it is you're experiencing through your focus? YES.
    Again, what you're describing is really the bulk of what Abraham talks about. You're like a TV or Radio that's capable of tuning into a virtually infinite diversity of programming, or someone who's going to a really, really big buffet. There's the possibility that you can choose any of what's available, there's the probability that you'll choose what you're used to choosing. Regardless of any of that, over time you have the ability to gradually tune into whatever you prefer. Abraham talks about how to do that all day, every day, whether or not they're using the phrases "probable selves" or "parallel realities." It's simply another way of describing how reality works.
    I feel like the more I listen and read about it for
    Abraham, the more soothed I will feel.
    Or you could use your emotional guidance the way it was intended, to take notice that you're looking at things in a way that your Inner Being (one of those "possible/probable selves") is not, and start soothing yourself instead of relying on soothing conditions.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    you got such excellent answers!
    I want to get specific, here:
    The idea that this is all an illusion in a sea of infinite probabilities makes me sad and makes it hard for me to see the point in focusing here and now.
    EVERY reality is our unique TRANSLATION of the vibes that are. There are not 2 people who translate "what-is" in the very same way, because everybody can only see/hear/sense what-is through their very unique point of view- which is defined by "who you are" and what life has caused you uniquely to prefer on the one hand, and on the other hand, through where you stand in the very moment of receiving, aka in which "receiving mode" you are in, here and now. Aka, what you are able to translate in the very moment, given your focused resistance.

You see/taste/perceive very very differently, according where your current setpoint is on the EGS. I´m sure you already have eaten a delicious meal but it tasted like glue- because you were sad or in any way OOTV while you ate it. Depressive people know that the world literally can lose all it´s colors, when you look through very sad eyes. While when you are freshly in love (or in any other way highly ITV), the world sparkles and beams in incredibly beauty. Same world, but different "eyes".

"The point" of focusing, that you doubt in your OP, is to have as much fun, joy, love, adventure and happiness as possible, with this huge buffet that Marc described. That is "the meaning of life", as Abe teach.

Do you really understand, what is going on, here?

Can you understand how much Well- being is flowing to you?
    Do you understand how much orchestration of circumstances and events on your behalf is available to you?
    Do you understand how adored you are?
    Do you understand how the creation of this planet, creation of this Universe, fits together for the perfection of your experience?
    Do you understand how beloved you are, how blessed you are, how adored you are, and what an integral part of this creative process you are?

-We want you to.

We want you to begin understanding the blessed nature of your Being, and we want you to begin to look for the evidence of it,
    because we are showing it to you in every moment that you will allow yourselves to see it: in the lining up of lovers, money, fulfilling experiences, and beautiful things for you to see, in the lining up of circumstances and events; and in the lining up of amazing co-creative experiences where you are rendezvousing with one another for no reason other than for the fantastically important reason of fulfilling, satisfying, and pleasing yourself and giving yourself joy in the moment.

Your motion forward is inevitable; it must be. You cannot help but move forward. But you are not here on a quest to move forward

- you are here to experience outrageous joy. That is why you are here.

-Abe, Ask and It Is Given

Thank you all for your responses! I understand and agree with all. It would be easier to be soothed by Abe or everyone here but I would learn much more by finding out how to smooth myself.

I was very distraught yesterday but tried to focus on the things that Seth says which I find comforting. I even wrote down quotes that I find comforting, including “The entity is the overall identity
    of which his personality is one manifestation - an independent and eternally valid
    portion.”

So even if there are infinite “MEs” - an idea that is so hard to grasp I think it’s best for me to not think about it - I feel better that the me that is me is still “independent and eternally valid.”

Thanks all for your input and feedback - I appreciate all of you!

In simplistic terms, there are infinite possibilities in every moment. You are moving from one reallity to another all the time, and all day every day, it's you who is chosing which of these selves is going to be real for you because it's you who gets to control (create) your expirience.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    here is a very new youtube-clip that answers your exact question:

Abraham Hicks 2017 She Sees Things... Boeing Tours! Law of Attraction Nov 11 San Antonio TX