Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Having difficulty understanding emotional guidance system:

  1. #1

    Having difficulty understanding emotional guidance system:

    Hi everyone. I have been reading the book of Amazing power of deliberate intent and I would like to ask in the book it says inner being whatever you call it doesn’t matter but we need to realise it is a larger part of us, a wiser part of you. The book whether Ask and it’s given or Amazing power of deliberate intent say that we( everyone has a emotional guidance system. What I understand is that without it I cannot no what direction im going in. The book Amazing power of deliberate intent also says in chapter 7 that you may be focused upon the subject of financial abundance, but this subject, like all subjects, has great variety within it. On one extreme of the subject is the thought of the presence of financial abundance, while on the other extreme of the subject is the thought of the absence of financial abundance. And so, in a simplistic sense, every subject could be seen as two subjects absence or wanted. Now it also says if I’m on wanted side I will manifest it but if Iam on the absence side I will not be manifesting, seems clear till know but I’m still not able to understand when it says to be in harmony with innerbeing. How do I know that the emotion I’m feeling is on what level of scale i.e pessimism or freedom. Sometimes my emotions are fluctuating like I feel it’s possible to lose weight while on the other I’m feeling hopeless that I can’t. Also, for climbing up the emotional scale in Amazing power of deliberate intent in chapter 43 it says that If you‘re experiencing something extremely serious, or if there is somethingthat you‘ve been troubled with for many years, it‘s conceivable that you can spend as many as 22 days moving up this emotional guidance scale,each day deliberately choosing the improved emotion just above the one you‘re currently feeling. But 22 days from powerless to empowerment is not a long time at all, when you compare it to people you know who have been in a state of grief,
    insecurity or powerlessness for many years. I want to know that during the day we certainly will have thought for example just back then I discussed about weight, now let’s say I’m on the lowest which I shouldn’t be on but let’s say I’m I say something like I have tried everything but nothing seems to work and I don’t think it’s possible. If anytime I get a thought about weight apart from when I’m doing this process, do I have to practice this thought so I can have the feeling place of it I,e to trust it, then gradually once I feel I have been long here to believe that because I know I can’t be on the very low side of scale so maybe in a day or 2 or when I want to move up I may say something look I haven’t tried that hard I might have binged or eaten more and I shouldn’t have done that(guilty) now once I have moved up if during the day I think about weight do I need to practice this thought till to the highest level of scale I’m believing that weight loss is not hard. This is just an example, But I think this is how emotional scale climbing works. I have been reading Abraham books but till know I’m having difficulty understanding them so I need help.

  2. #2
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    Now it also says if I’m on wanted side I will manifest it but if Iam on the absence side I will not be manifesting,
    That's not really the case (and I'm not sure if that's what Abraham actually writes). It's never NOT manifesting. It's just going to manifest in ways that are a perfect match to the way you feel. If you're talking about finances, you can manifestations that match powerlessness, all the way up through joy. It's not as if LOA flips a switch and suddenly starts working when you reach the wanted side of the EGS. Rather, it's responding all the time. So as you move from a place of extreme lack (powerless) and start offering a vibration that has less and less lack in it, the manifestation matches those improvements in the way you feel. So if you're in powerlessness, the manifestation might be of the complete absence of money, but if you're at frustration there's going to be some flow of money even if it's not as much as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    seems clear till know but I’m still not able to understand when it says to be in harmony with innerbeing.
    How you feel is all about the degree to which you're in harmony or discord with your Inner Being. The better you feel, the more you're in harmony with your IB. The worse you feel, the less you're in harmony with your IB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    How do I know that the emotion I’m feeling is on what level of scale i.e pessimism or freedom.
    Big variations are obvious. It's easy to recognize that freedom and pessimism are dissimilar -- one feels good, the other doesn't, so if you're feeling good or not feeling good, you know it can't be the other. More detailed gradations come down to experience. The more you work with your feelings deliberately, the more you're able to tell the difference between discouragement, disappointment and pessimism, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    Sometimes my emotions are fluctuating like I feel it’s possible to lose weight while on the other I’m feeling hopeless that I can’t.
    Perhaps, but what's manifested demonstrates how you're feeling most often. So if you're mostly feeling like what you want is possible, your experience is going to reflect that. If not, then it's showing you that's how you're feeling most of the time, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    do I have to practice this thought so I can have the feeling place of it I,e to trust it, then gradually once I feel I have been long here to believe that because I know I can’t be on the very low side of scale so maybe in a day or 2 or when I want to move up I may say something look I haven’t tried that hard I might have binged or eaten more and I shouldn’t have done that(guilty) now once I have moved up if during the day I think about weight do I need to practice this thought till to the highest level of scale I’m believing that weight loss is not hard.
    It really depends on what your goal is. If you're just wanting to get to the top of the EGS as quickly as possible (and many people think that this is the goal), then you can move as quickly as you can move. The issue you'll run into is that while you can climb the EGS in a relatively short amount of time, you can't maintain those big moves. LOA will bring you back to what you've practiced most. So if you want sustainable change, then it makes more sense to practice smaller shifts that you can repeat easily. If you look at your own life and at others around you, you'll realize that this is how most sustainable change happens, regardless of the subject: Small changes made over time. That's how you get LOA to start responding to your new vibrational place in a strong way.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    I have been reading the book of Amazing power of deliberate intent...

    Great! Good for you.

    As I reply to your post, I’m going to ask you a series of questions and then I will briefly answer those questions for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ... and I would like to ask in the book it says inner being whatever you call it doesn’t matter but we need to realise it is a larger part of us, a wiser part of you. The book whether Ask and it’s given or Amazing power of deliberate intent say that we( everyone has a emotional guidance system.

    So, let’s start here. You’re correct. Everyone does have an IB and everyone does have an emotional guidance system. Since you’ve been reading the books, what have you learned about how you create your emotions?

    Do you recall that the reason why Abraham talk to us about our IBs is because our IBs offer a vibration, at the same time that we (in our physical bodies [i.o.p.b.]) are offering a vibration? Since there are two parts of ourselves offering a vibration at the same time, there is a potential for our two vibrations to either line up or to be misaligned. You may remember, from your physics or music classes, that when vibrations line up, there is harmony and when vibrations don’t line up, there is discord.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    What I understand is that without it I cannot no what direction im going in.

    When you (in your physical body) offer a vibration that is different from the vibration that your IB is offering at that same moment (on that same topic), you will feel some form of “negative” emotion. That’s that discord. When you (in your physical body offer a vibration that is similar to the vibration that your IB is offering at that same moment (on that same topic) you will feel some form of “positive” emotion.

    You can even use that to guide yourself, to direct yourself, because as you focus yourself into greater agreement with the opinion of your IB, you will feel “better.” As you focus yourself into lesser agreement with the opinion of your IB, you will feel “worse.” IOW, as you notice yourself feeling “worse,” you can remind yourself, “Oh, I must be thinking thoughts which aren’t in agreement with my IB’s thoughts on this.” Then Abraham (and we) would recommend that you find thoughts which feel “better” than the ones you had been thinking. That’s how you direct yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    The book Amazing power of deliberate intent also says in chapter 7 that you may be focused upon the subject of financial abundance, but this subject, like all subjects, has great variety within it. On one extreme of the subject is the thought of the presence of financial abundance, while on the other extreme of the subject is the thought of the absence of financial abundance. And so, in a simplistic sense, every subject could be seen as two subjects absence or wanted.

    This is true. How can you use your emotional guidance system to tell which end of “the stick” you’re focusing upon?

    Since your IB is ALWAYS focusing on your wanted end of any “stick,” whenever you are feeling “worse,” you can remember that you’re feeling “worse” because you’re focusing in disagreement with your IB. Therefore, you can know that you are focusing away from your wanted end of that “stick.” Similarly, whenever you are feeling “better,” you can remember that you’re feeling “better” because you’re focusing into greater agreement with your IB. Therefore, you can know that you’re focusing towards your wanted end of that “stick.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    Now it also says if I’m on wanted side I will manifest it but if Iam on the absence side I will not be manifesting, seems clear...

    So, why is it this way? Why do you manifest your wanted when you focus upon the wanted end and why do you manifest your unwanted when you focus upon your unwanted?

    Because the LoA ALWAYS brings us more of what we focus upon. Our manifestations are always an exact match to the vibration that we’re offering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    .... till know but I’m still not able to understand when it says to be in harmony with innerbeing. How do I know that the emotion I’m feeling is on what level of scale i.e pessimism or freedom.

    So, if you’ve been following along with all that I’ve been writing, you’ll start to understand that, in order to be in harmony with your IB, you’ll want to think thoughts which are in agreement with your IB. And you can know that you are guiding your thoughts into that agreement with your IB because you will feel better.

    So, when you are feeling pessimism, that pessimism is your indicator that your pessimistic thoughts aren’t in harmony with the thoughts of your IB. And, in any moment, you can feel the difference between--say--pessimism and freedom. But I underlined that “in any moment” because that answers your next question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    Sometimes my emotions are fluctuating like I feel it’s possible to lose weight while on the other I’m feeling hopeless that I can’t.

    I underlined that “in any moment” for this question. All that matters is what you’re feeling right now. You only offer your vibration in this Now moment… and this Now moment… and this Now moment…. (This is where Abraham would get playful and say, “This could take a while.”) So, all you “have to” do-- all you can do is feel better Now, than you had just been feeling. That’s all. That’s why we simplify these teachings into the simple phrase “feel better.” You don’t really “need” to find the precise label for your emotion in order to do this “work.” In fact, Abraham don’t use labels at all amongst themselves. It’s only we humans who want to label things. In AAIIG Abraham say that, in any given moment, there are only two emotions which are important: one which feels “better” (than we had just been feeling) and one which feels “worse” (than we had just been feeling)..

    Now, your emotions can fluctuate on a topic because, as you said above, most of our topics have a bunch of different aspects to it. So that when we focus on--say--how everyone in our families is slender, we might feel “hopeful” but when we focus on how long we’ve been carrying around extra weight, we might feel “discouraged.” As we focus on the aspect of our genetic pool (our family), that focus might allow us to find thoughts which are more focused towards what we want. As we focus on the aspect of time (how long it’s been), that focus might keep us from finding thoughts which are focused towards what we want. You see how that works?

    And can you see that it’s not only the different aspects but also the variety of thoughts that you can think about those aspects. (For example, you can think about your gene pool as being slender and use those thoughts to beat up on yourself for not being slender or you can think about that same gene pool and feel hopeful that your genes are actually helping you in what you want.)

    Not only that, but we find ourselves in an exceptionally good mood one day because we focused on some other topic and the LoA will bring to us thoughts about this weight topic which are a match to our exceptionally good mood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    Also, for climbing up the emotional scale...

    I’m going to interrupt you here for a second because what I’ve just said above may now confuse you some more. Everything I’ve said so far has been accurate to my understanding. There can be some variety in our emotions, even on a single topic, even from moment to moment, even from day to day.

    But in terms of doing Process #22 - Moving Up the Emotional Scale, if you’ve been paying attention to how you feel, especially for just a little bit of time, it’s pretty clear what your overall attitude on a topic is. You can tell if most of the time you’re feeling hopeless on the topic of your weight. You can tell if your trend has been moving from more hopeless to less hopeless. And sometimes our words can give us clues (provided we mean the words we use). So, when you sit down to climb the Emotional Scale, just be as accurate and as honest as you can be with yourself. Use words that you mean. Write statements that you think are true (not “wishful thinking” or “positive thinking”). And start from where you are now.

    If you’re using your emotional guidance system when you do your Process #22, you can tell when you’ve started higher on the Scale than you truly were, because you don’t feel better. You’re not feeling relief from your new thoughts or statements and they sound hollow or finding them feels like a struggle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ... in Amazing power of deliberate intent in chapter 43 it says that If you‘re experiencing something extremely serious, or if there is somethingthat you‘ve been troubled with for many years, it‘s conceivable that you can spend as many as 22 days moving up this emotional guidance scale,each day deliberately choosing the improved emotion just above the one you‘re currently feeling. But 22 days from powerless to empowerment is not a long time at all, when you compare it to people you know who have been in a state of grief, insecurity or powerlessness for many years.
    That’s true. And it might take maybe a little longer than that because some people might need an extra day or so at a place on the Scale. But still, as you say, what’s 44 or 66 days--with relief in every single one of those days--compared to “many years” and no relief in those years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    I want to know that during the day we certainly will have thought for example just back then I discussed about weight,...

    So, here’s the thing about all of the Processes. They are our opportunity to practice new thoughts, so that we can take the thoughts of our Processes out into our days when we think them or reach for them when we’ve fallen back into our habits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ...now let’s say I’m on the lowest which I shouldn’t be on...

    Why “shouldn’t” you be? That’s an honest question.

    There is NOTHING “wrong” (“You CANNOT get it wrong.”--Abraham.) with you being anywhere on the Scale. The Scale isn’t another grading system of your worthiness or your appropriateness. You WANT to know when the gas tank of your car is running out of gas and how much is left in your tank, so you can decide what to do about it. And you WANT to know when you’re at the “bottom” of the Scale, so you can decide what to do about it. (“Bottom” is in quotation marks, because there is no bottom--just like there is no top--to the Scale.)

    “You are where you are and where you are is all right.”--Abraham (and your IB). It has to be all right or you’ll never move away from where you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ... but let’s say I’m I say something like I have tried everything but nothing seems to work and I don’t think it’s possible. If anytime I get a thought about weight apart from when I’m doing this process, do I have to practice this thought...

    You tell us. Do you want to feel better? Or do you want to feel crappy and hopeless?
    It’s unlikely (and unhealthy) for you to instantly lose the weight that you want to lose. So, you have a choice: Do you want to be the weight you are right now and, right now, feel better? Or do you want to be the weight you are right now and, right now, feel crappy and hopeless? That’s you, creating your reality. You get to choose. You get to choose whether you create for yourself, right now, a moment of hopefulness and relief or a moment of crappy and hopelessness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ...so I can have the feeling place of it I,e to trust it,...

    So, what feels better to you? To, right now, open the door a crack so that you can feel a little more hope and potential towards something that you want? Or to, right now, close that door more firmly against something that you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ...then gradually once I feel I have been long here to believe that because I know I can’t be on the very low side of scale so maybe in a day or 2 or when I want to move up I may say something look I haven’t tried that hard I might have binged or eaten more and I shouldn’t have done that(guilty) now once I have moved up if during the day I think about weight do I need to practice this thought till to the highest level of scale I’m believing that weight loss is not hard.

    Remember how we talked about every subject is like a “stick,” how it’s really two subjects--the Having-of-It/Wanted end of the stick and the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of the stick?

    “Weight loss”--getting rid of this weight I do not want--is a focus on your Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that stick. What’s the Wanted end of that stick? You’ll have your own way of describing it, but I would say that your wanted end of this stick would be to love and enjoy your body, to feel better in your body. So, as you use your Process (whichever one you choose) to find thoughts which beat yourself up less about your body, which find reasons to appreciate and enjoy your body and how it’s working for you, you will (in this example) start to shift your focus towards your wanted end of the stick. That’s how climbing the emotional scale works. As you do that, you’ll start to bring your thoughts into harmony with the thoughts of your IB who is already enjoying and proud of your body.

  4. #4
    Hi well-being I have a question about the question of an exercise offered about deliberate creation in the essential law of attraction book on pg 141 it says

    “An Exercise to Assist in Deliberate CreationHere is an exercise that will assist you in your Deliberate Creating:
    Take three separate pieces of paper, and at the top of each page write one thing that you want. Now take the first page, and beneath the subject of what you have written, write: “These are the reasons that I want this….” Write whatever comes to your mind—write whatever flows forth naturally; do not try to force it. And when nothing more comes, you are complete for now.
    Now, turn your paper over and write at the top of the second side of the page: “These are the reasons that I believe that I will have this… .”.......“continue to expect it until you have it—and it will be yours.” Now my question is and they didn’t tell this in the book

    if I work on my subjects of desire and I get the same thoughts or reasons to list can I write them the same everyday. For example I pick money and then I write the reasons I want this I write for instance I write I’m worthy of money or I write that I can have anything I desire and then if I do this process the next day I write the same reasons if nothing comes to my mind about the subject of money then will this work or I constantly need to find new ideas.


    Excerpt From
    The Essential Law of Attraction Collection
    Hicks, Esther, Hicks, Jerry

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    if I work on my subjects of desire and I get the same thoughts or reasons to list can I write them the same everyday. For example I pick money and then I write the reasons I want this I write for instance I write I’m worthy of money or I write that I can have anything I desire...

    Notice that you’re leaving out the rest of what they’re asking you to do, which is important.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    ...then if I do this process the next day I write the same reasons if nothing comes to my mind about the subject of money then will this work or I constantly need to find new ideas.

    What’s your definition of “this work[ing]?”

    You’re probably sick of hearing me say this but it’s so important that I really want to convey it to you:

    The ONLY thing that an Abraham Process can do is to help you FEEL BETTER.

    So, when you ask me, “... if I do this process the next day I write the same reasons if nothing comes to my mind about the subject of money then will this work…” and your definition of “this work[ing]” is “helping me FEEL BETTER,” my answer to you becomes, “You tell me. Will you FEEL BETTER writing the same reasons day after day?”

    If your definition of “this work[ing]” is “bring me more money,” my answer to you is “No, it will not bring you more money until you shift your vibration,” which is why I keep bringing you back to that FEEL BETTER, because FEELING BETTER is your indicator that you have shifted your vibration.

    You cannot strip any Abraham exercise out of the context of the teachings (which is always about your vibrational “harmony” with your IB, as I had talked to you above) and have it “work” for you, as you’re asking here. That’s why I keep referring you back to the books, in hopes that you start understanding and including the vibrational fundamentals of these teachings into your "work."

  6. #6
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    For example I pick money and then I write the reasons I want this I write for instance I write I’m worthy of money or I write that I can have anything I desire...
    To follow on what I was saying above, if a big bag of money were to, right now, materialize for you, I doubt that you would feel worthy. You wouldn't necessarily feel your power either. (And if you were unclear as to how that bag of money appeared, as you spent your money, it would be likely for you to feel worry, fear or powerlessness, as your balance dwindled.)

    It's not the conditions--your height, the money, your bike--which creates an experience of Worthiness or of Power for anyone of us. It's ALWAYS our alignment which creates those experiences for ourselves.

    Going back to the exercise you found, if I were in your situation, I would do that exercise on the topics of my Worthiness and my Power (two separate exercises) because that's what you really want (at least, according to your post). And I, personally, would take heart in knowing that my Worthiness and Power comes from my alignment, which I am likely to achieve sooner than I, personally, am to have a big bag of money materialize in front of me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •