Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: disappointed that I was not fired

disappointed that I was not fired

Okay, I had difficult time at work for years & it all went out of control for months. Deep inside, I was a little excited about this because I was in hope that I will get fired from this job. I have good reasons to feel this way & if I resign I will lose more than if fired. When I heard I won't be fired, I felt like a rock has fallen into my head. I feel good about the idea of never being in this job again. I applied many processes to my work place, but mostly in the past few months, I always imagine myself no longer going to work, doing other things with this time, keeping my mind occupied with fun things.
    I was very successful in that, I lost my interest in this job (after I was a workaholic) & I also forget about my non-stop issues (from being overthere). While at it, I was able to get rid of many responsibilities so I became optimistic that the next will happen is to be fired, since I was focused on getting my desired state on this job (whether it is being fired from it or stay in for good) focusing solely on the good things about both conditions. Now I am disappointed that I was not fired & not sure how to work around this situation (after the decision was made).

What should I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    What should I do next?
    Find ways to feel better about this manifestation of yours.

You tell us in your thread title that you are "disappointed." It's all right that you are but haul out your copy of the Scale and locate Disappointment on the Scale. So, you know that your Disappointment is your emotional guidance.

You've presented your story as if it's your manifestation which is causing your Disappointment. That's not the case. Your emotional guidance is always caused by the relationship between the thoughts that you're thinking about and the thoughts your IB is thinking about in that same moment about that very same thing. If you want to feel better from your Disappointment, you'll want to close that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You've presented your story as if it's your manifestation which is causing your Disappointment. That's not the case. Your emotional guidance is always caused by the relationship between the thoughts that you're thinking about and the thoughts your IB is thinking about in that same moment about that very same thing. If you want to feel better from your Disappointment, you'll want to close that gap.
    Can you give me an example of what could be the thoughts my IB is thinking about the same manifestation? That's the part that I do not understand in this situation.

You know LOA is always in action, so this morning I wanted to enjoy a relaxing day off, suddenly there were two cats in fight & their sound is abnormally annoying/high.
    I had to go to the windows twice trying to throw things at them to make them go but they seem presistently staying here. Although finally I was successful in getting rid of them but I am still not getting the message at all.
    I'm sure LOA is simply matching my thought about this experience/in this thread with another one based on my momentum on the subject?

Can you give me an example of what could be the thoughts my IB is thinking about the same manifestation? That's the part that I do not understand in this situation.
    Your IB is always has appreciation for whatever it's focused upon. That's why when you focus on what you do not like about something, it feels bad. That's the discord between your criticism and the appreciation that your IB is offering. If your IB agreed with your assessment about what you're experiencing, it wouldn't feel like disappointment, it would feel like bliss or joy. Your IB looks at where you are and sees that what's manifested is a perfect match to what you've offered vibrationally, which is exactly right. It sees the expansion and desire that your experience has given birth to, which is reason for celebration. It looks at where you are and sees that it has the potential to yield the satisfaction you're reaching for, which is exactly as it should be. It looks at what's going on and sees that everything is responding to your vibration, exactly as you intended. It looks at what you're creating and knows that you're right on track, figuring everything out at your own pace and that all is well.

That's why when you look at where you are and conclude that you wish you were somewhere else and that things have gone wrong, it feels like a rock has fallen onto your head -- because such a conclusion couldn't be further from what your IB sees.

You know LOA is always in action, so this morning I wanted to enjoy a relaxing day off, suddenly there were two cats in fight & their sound is abnormally annoying/high.
    I had to go to the windows twice trying to throw things at them to make them go but they seem presistently staying here. Although finally I was successful in getting rid of them but I am still not getting the message at all.
    You want pleasing conditions to observe (a relaxing day off) because you think it will feel better. The issue is that LOA has to give you more of how you're used to feeling (annoyed) rather than the pleasing conditions you want to observe.
    I'm sure LOA is simply matching my thought about this experience/in this thread with another one based on my momentum on the subject?
    That's exactly it.

I don't understand what your respond mean in relation to my question. I asked for example on how my IB would view this situation (so I can see it to prevent this gap).

I've gone back and bolded the part where I've done exactly that.

I don't understand it but thanks for your respond.

What about it don't you understand?

I don't know how to view this situation in the eyes on my IB.
    I feel exhausted about the thought of going back to work, how is it possible that my IB think I should be going back to work? If I am constantly sick, coming late, etc. I just cannot force myself to go there anymore.

I don't know how to view this situation in the eyes on my IB.
    Right, that's because there's too big of a vibrational gap between your perspective and your IB's perspective. It's sort of like being in Istanbul and wanting to be in Berlin -- there's simply no way to just blink and appear in Berlin. You're in Istanbul (in this example), that's just where you are. But you do have the ability to point in the direction of Berlin and start moving in that direction, whether that's on foot, on a bicycle, in a car, on a train, in a plane, etc. That's what WB meant when he suggested to find ways to feel better about where you are. You've got to start moving in the direction of your IB's perspective, even if that's just feeling less crappy about

I feel exhausted about the thought of going back to work, how is it possible that my IB think I should be going back to work?
    As I explained in my previous post, the fact that your IB sees the value in your job is WHY you feel exhausted. If your IB agreed with your criticisms, you wouldn't feel exhausted. Instead, in your alignment, you'd feel invigorated. But here's the thing, your IB isn't necessarily saying you MUST go back to work. It's perfectly fine with you not going back to work, but you've already argued why you don't want to quit, so now you've left yourself no options. Don't want to stay, don't want to go. The only options you have left are to find ways to feel better about staying, or to find ways to feel better about going.
    If I am constantly sick, coming late, etc. I just cannot force myself to go there anymore.
    I'm not here to tell you that you must go back. I can't possibly know what's right for you. But the point we've been trying to get across to you from the beginning is that it's not your job that feels bad -- it's your THOUGHTS about your job that feel bad. In other words, it's YOU, and you drag yourself along everywhere you go. That's exactly what your experience with the howling cats demonstrated -- you weren't at work and you found reasons to feel bad anyway.

Perhaps not going back is the path of least resistance for you. But if you turn around and argue for why you can't quit because you'll lose more than if you're fired, and then you have to deal with the consequences of NOT having (ie, not getting the money that comes as a result of the job, or whatever other reasons you have for going to the job in the first place), then you're in no better position than if you had stayed.

Ultimately, you've got to start using your focus to help yourself feel better instead of to push against things.