Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did she not allow her desires?

Why did she not allow her desires?

Hi guys ,
    I have been reading a book about a real life account of a family in the 1960 being returned to North Korea from japan.
    The story contained accounts of extreme poverty and violence,
    The mother from the story was Japanese origin and would relate to her 1/2 Korean children stories of back home and her wish was always to return.
    She died at 44 in Korea and never returned to her homeland.
    Why?
    If her intention , her desire to return was there, why would she continue to manifest such a low and horrible existence in Korea?
    Jane

It's important to remember that there are 3 (original) steps to the Creative Process:

Step 1 - Ask. We do that naturally, all day, every day. That part was done.

Step 2 - It is Given. Not our job.

Step 3 - Allow. We have to align with what we've asked for.

We will eventually line up with everything that we've Asked for when we croak. However, many of us use our habits of thought or our habits of focus (such as focusing on what-is as "reality") to continue hold ourselves in the vibration of our Asking, rather than taking our vibrational journeys to shift from our vibration of Asking to a vibration of Allowing, so that we can become a vibrational match to what we want.

We don't know what anyone else is doing with their vibrations and I doubt that this book intended to share that information. Your post doesn't give us any vibrational information about her. So, the best we can do is guess, which is often unsatisfying.

The closest thing that we have in your post to vibrational information is her stories, but we can tell our stories of her past. It's not our act of telling our stories which is important. It's the vibration we offer as a result of the stories we tell. We can tell our stories from the Wanted/Having-of-It end of the stick or from the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of the stick. Abraham does a famous bit about how we talk about wanting more money and we think we're focusing on more money, but in reality were focusing on our lack or absence of money. Because the LoA brings us more of what we focus upon, we get more lack or absence of money. [ETA: You can't yearn your way into alignment and you can't yearn your way into your wanted manifestation.] For all we know, she could have doing this sort of thing with her stories. Her manifestations would bear that guess out. After all, there are two ways to tell what we're doing with our vibration: by how we feel and by what we manifest.

Moderator's note:
    I'm going to move your thread to the Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You sub-forum, where we discuss points if these teachings. (Technical Questions is for questions about the technology and features if the Forum itself.)

I've also retitled your thread to more clearly focus on the conversation you want to have.

Ah yes I see,
    How sad.
    Thank you,
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by janewills1 View Post
    How sad.
    Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! What a wonderful comment with which to advance our discussion here of "the stick!" So, stick with me here a bit as we poke around this, in hopes of deepening our understanding of these teachings.

You heard here (and perhaps elsewhere, from Abraham directly) that every subject is really two subjects, like "the stick" with two ends--the Wanted/Having-of-It end and the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end. Our own emotional guidance tells us which end we're focusing upon, because our IB is ALWAYS focusing on the Wanted/Having-of-It end of every "stick" we focus upon. So, if we're feeling "positive" emotion, we know we're focusing in the same direction as our IB is in that moment, which is--say it with me--ALWAYS on the Wanted/Having-of-It end. When we feel "negative" emotion, we know that all of our "negative" emotion is caused when we focus in a different direction that our IB is focusing in. Since our IB is ALWAYS focusing on our Wanted/Having-of-It end, when we feel "negative" emotion (such as your "sad"), we then know (thanks to our negative emotion) that we are focusing away from our Wanted/Having-of-It end.

This might seem like I'm making a big deal of such a little thing, but it's our wonderful "little", "inconsequential" things that give us the best playground to learn the skills of these teachings. So, for fun and games (because this really is all fun and games), are you willing to notice the thoughts that you're thinking which made this "sad" for you (and it's all right if you made it sad for you. It really is.)? And from your "sad" thoughts, can you find thoughts which still are true to you yet which feel a little bit better than your "sad"?

Now, in the same way that I couldn't know what that woman was thinking/vibrating, I can't know what you might be thinking/vibrating about this. But to give you some examples of what I'm asking you to do, a person having the experience that you're having might be thinking:

• It's sad that she didn't catch up with her expansion. From that thought, they might then reach for and find:
      • Hang on there! I've heard (and WB confirmed this for me) that when we croak, we catch up with ALL of our expansion. That's what "croaking" is. So, she DID catch up with her expansion. It's just that the author didn't put that in the book. Just because it wasn't in the book doesn't mean she didn't experience it. There must have been tons of things--millions or billions of things--that she had experienced that wasn't in the book.

​Or they might have thought:

• ​It's sad that she didn't catch up with her expansion, with an attitude that she somehow "got it wrong." From that thought, they might then reach for and find:
      • I suppose I could think that thought, have that attitude. But if she could get it wrong, that means that I, too, can get it wrong. And I've heard Abraham say, time and again, that I cannot get it wrong. If I cannot get it wrong, that means that she didn't get it wrong. It just means that I'm not yet seeing how she got it right. And since she got it right, then there's nothing to be sad about, is there?

Or they might have thought:

• I don't want to play WB's silly games. This is too "little" and too inconsequential to warrant any more of my attention. This simply isn't my pie. From that thought, they might then reach for and find:
      • You know something? I've spent X number of hours with this woman and her friends and family. And that experience was significant enough to me to inspire me to ask my question on the Forum. So, there IS something of value here for me. And the answer that I attracted was that, because this woman didn't tend to her alignment (for her own good reasons), because she didn't do Step 3, she held herself apart from this thing (and other things) that she had put in her Vortex and had been given to her. If I let my guidance of "sad" slide, then I would be doing the same "sad" thing that this woman did and I would be depriving myself of the things that I want and that I have put in my Vortex. Here's the thing: Maybe this woman lived the life she created and reached out, across all of time and space, to me so that I could have this personal clarifying moment for me. This is not sad. This is a gift, a gift that she has been giving to me, me personally, in a way that I could truly experience it. Let me honor the generous gift that this woman has waited to give to me. There is NOTHING sad about this at all. This is Love.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:05 PM. Reason: Formatting

Mmmm
    This is hard ...
    my understanding is she was focusing on the life she and her family were PRESENTLY experiencing and subsequently attracting more of this ,
    Yearning ( good use of word ) for another life and hence holding on to the wrong side of the stick .
    .. this is sad ...
    This story is sad because she died at only 44 never getting I suppose Home, reaching her goal , and having such a hard life.
    Could it of been different for her and her children ?
    This I think is what makes her story sad to me .
    Jane

Good for you for trying!

(Did you read any of my examples? Might you have found some relief in those?)

thanks !

Yes I did ..
    I guess the one that sits would be example 2,
    She somehow got it wrong and wrong and then wrong and life kept throwing a bit more crap ect ect ..
    Iím not seeing how she got it right ( hence ES ( I ) feel sad )
    And a underling wish that she got a happier life,

But ... example 1 ... she would of experienced millions of things not written in this book . True .
    Eg, love , family , community, HER life she did share with others ,
    ect ect ..
    many things,
    WB, The author of the book is her son who eventually escapes his life in Korea and so her gift to him was her vision,
    And hence he held on to the other side of the stick and dared to dream .
    Jane

So, here’s something important for you to keep in mind: Every moment that you’re conscious, every moment that you’re awake, you’re offering a vibration, which means that you’re always attracting something to you. We often compare the LoA to gravity. This is another similarity that they share. They both are always-on.

The LoA doesn’t say, “Oh, janewills1 is only thinking about her book and not her desires, so we can have a cuppa.” When you’re feeling negative emotion (such as your “sad”), your negative emotion is letting you know that, in your moment of “sad,” your vibration is blocking all the contents of your Vortex from flowing out of your Vortex and into your physical experience.

Now, you might tell yourself, “See? I AM getting it ‘wrong’ in my moments of ‘sad’,” but that’s not vibrationally accurate at all. You are an eternal being. It is inevitable that you will catch up with your expansion and realize the contents of your Vortex. It IS Given (in all the senses of that word). You will catch up with the contents of your Vortex. You might have to wait until you croak (like the woman in your book might have done) to do that, but you will do that.

In an earlier reply, you told us
    This story is sad because she….

This I think is what makes her story sad to me .
    You wisely saw that it wasn’t “her story” or “her creation” or “her conditions” that are objectively “sad.” I say this to highlight such an important point (and I’m not being critical here): You made her story sad to you by the way you focused upon her story. You focused on her story in a way that your IB will not and, because of your different focus (from your IB), you created your emotion of “sad.” Again, it’s all right that you did so but that’s something you are doing with your focus. It’s important to recognize that so that you can learn to effectively manage your vibration on the topics which really matter to you.

And, if you haven’t yet developed your skills of focus so that you can effectively manage your vibration, then it’s really wise to withdraw your attention from that subject (say, this book) and focus instead on another subject, which is easy for you to feel “good” about. After all, it is your vibration which creates your reality. That’s pretty important, isn’t it?

IOW, if you spent your X number of hours reading your book and feeling “sad” because that’s what the author wanted to evoke from you, then you’re letting the author set your vibrational tone for those X number of hours of your life. That’s your call and, like the woman in your book, you cannot get it wrong.

Now, there might be some value if, after having read your book, you recognized that you’re sort of bummed out for having read your book and learning of this woman’s life, so you decided to reach for a better-feeling perspective of the book that you read. And that’s a helpful skill to learn as we focus on any of our manifestations. (Your experience of reading that book was your manifestation.)

And that skill need not be more complicated than shifting the way you’re focusing on your manifestation. Perhaps telling a new story or a new interpretation of your experience, a story that still seems true to you yet which feels better than your prior story or interpretation. That’s what we’ve been doing here in your thread. Or you can just remember that Abraham teach that every particle of the universe (every thought, person, place, thing, experience, etc.) is a mixture of wanted (by you) aspects and unwanted (by you) aspects. So, if you shift your focus away from your unwanted aspects of your experience towards your wanted aspects of that same experience. As you do that, you will feel better than your “sad” and you will be helping your own vibrational alignment.

And if, after having read your book, you can’t find a way to feel better about your book, you might decide that having spent your X number of hours of “sad” whilst you read your book was enough of a vibrational price for you to have paid, so maybe it’s time to think about rainbows or fluffy bunnies or cute puppies or anything else that puts a smile on your face.

I guess the one that sits would be example 2,...

There you go. There’s no “right” answer here. Nor are my examples the only three choices. Use your own emotional guidance system to find the story or the thought that feels best to you. That will be the closest story or thought available to you which is focused in the same direction as your IB.

I’m not seeing how she got it right...

Do you need to see how she got it right before you will allow yourself to think that she did get it right?

This is like when Abraham tease us about needing to see the money in the bank before we will allow ourselves to think about our prosperity. We’re certainly free to do that, but that’s backwards from what they teach us about the LoA.

You don’t have to get all the way over to your IB’s understanding in one go. After all, it is a vibrational journey. So, can you soothe yourself with the simple idea that “My IB Knows that she didn’t get it wrong, because she (and I) cannot get it wrong. I don’t see that yet but I like the idea that I cannot get it wrong and I’m looking forward to being open to receiving more about how I cannot get it wrong. Who knows? Perhaps one day I will be able to see or understand how even she didn’t get it wrong…”?

WB...
    Sad... a disagreement between me and my wiser self my IB.
    And yea agreed an imputation of my thoughts has created Her story as Ďsadí.
    My own manifestation created from Someone s story.
    And I guess itís not the point to feel sad from something I enjoy , reading !!!
    The author pulls us in to his story of his life in Korea but I empathised with his mother , I guess a woman not a lot older than I , with children.
    But this was not for me to impute judgements on her life , and so i guess negative feelings of Ďsadí .

Understanding and clarity of maybe she didnít get home but what she gave her children in her legacy, and therefore they did.
    So she therefore got it absolutely right ,
    Her desire manifested , in her children and they went home to their homeland.
    Her wish within her vortex manifested of course!

WB... Sad... a disagreement between me and my wiser self my IB.

Exactly! And since your IB isn't going to withdraw it's focus on what you want, the only option you have to resolve that disagreement (and relieve your sadness) is to reach towards and for the understanding that your IB has, on this or any other topic.

And yea agreed an imputation of my thoughts has created Her story as ‘sad’.
    My own manifestation created from Someone s story.
    Exactly! That’s how you create your own reality.

And I guess it’s not the point to feel sad from something I enjoy , reading !!!

It’s helpful to make the distinction that it’s not your reading (or anything else that you choose to do) that causes how you feel, but your vibrational alignment, as you do your reading or whatever, which causes how you feel. And you have the ability to manage your vibrational alignment no matter what you choose to do.

The author pulls us in to his story of his life in Korea…

So, you were willing to permit him to set your vibrational tone. That's good to know.

Now that you know this, you can decide whether you want to grant that permission as readily in this or other situations. Whatever you decide is “right,” because you cannot get it wrong. As I said above, this discussion isn't about action. It's about your focus. You can continue your reading of any material, if you keep in mind that your “sad” (or any other negative emotion you feel in the course of your reading) is not because of your reading, but because of what you’re doing with your vibrational alignment as you read.

...but I empathised with his mother , I guess a woman not a lot older than I , with children.

And yet so different from you in many ways, if you want her to be, if you want to look for and reach for those meaningful differences.

But this was not for me to impute judgements on her life , and so i guess negative feelings of ‘sad’ .

And for the other thoughts that you had about her and about that material that you connected to your own life, with which your IB did not agree.

Understanding and clarity of maybe she didn’t get home but what she gave her children in her legacy,...

As I had pointed out in my earlier reply, she gave YOU a legacy, which YOU can use to get you “home” (and other things that you want). Once you start to look past the printed material of the book, you might be able to connect with the legacy that she gave YOU. To me, that’s the most interesting piece of this conversation and of your book.