Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make Peace when suffering from Disease

@ Skylark: Thank You for suggestions. I do the 'Deep Breathing' everyday. I will try all the suggestions but I am more interested in Chakra breathing ...seems interesting and not tried before. Thanks.

Moderator's note

Quote Originally Posted by jaideep_v View Post
    @ Skylark: Thank You for suggestions. I do the 'Deep Breathing' everyday. I will try all the suggestions but I am more interested in Chakra breathing ...seems interesting and not tried before. Thanks.
    Let's please keep this thread focused on the teachings of Abraham. Thanks, all!

Now, when I say 'I Know' I (only) mean vibrationally 'knowing'.
    I’m not here to be a substitute for your emotional guidance. Nor can I tell you what you may or mayn’t be feeling.

I can only read your posts carefully (which I do) and comment on what you're posting, how you're posting.

But your story which follows tells us that your “knowing" is only part of your equation:
    So when I am at this 'place (peace)' I experienced deep peace and all the symptoms goes away like I has not been there before. But after some time (after my meditation) some triggering event happens and I went into the same 'habit' of thinking negative thoughts.
    Let's examine your story a bit….

So when I am at this 'place (peace)' I experienced deep peace and all the symptoms goes away like I has not been there before.
    Great. So, look at what else this piece of your story is saying. It's saying (and I'm going to put some words in your mouth here):
    So, I see that there is some thing (meditation) that I can do to improve my condition. Not only do I Know this but I've shown that I'm often (usually? almost always?) very good at doing my meditation. So, let me think about this a little bit more....

If this condition is something that I can affect (and I've shown myself that I CAN affect it) this tells me that I have some, greater, power over my condition. IOW, this condition isn't something which happens to me. This condition is something that I do to me. [WB: I'll come back to that in a second.] Of course, I don't do it on purpose. My logic also tells me if there is this some thing (meditation) I can do to affect my condition, it's possible (probable? likely? almost certain?) that there are other things that I can do to affect my condition. I might even already know a few of those other things….

But after some time (after my meditation) some triggering event happens and I went into the same 'habit' of thinking negative thoughts.
    (continuing…)
    ...But I also see that I also Expect (Believe? Know?--all increasing forms of the same thing) that I will soon rendez-vous (to use Abraham's word) with something and I will revert back to my old habits. So, I tell a story (or I Expect? or I Believe? or I Know?--all increasing forms of the same thing) where I can't maintain my vibration. I can see, from the story I've just posted that I say something disturbs me.

But I can't do anything about all the something’s with which I might rendez-vous out there in the world in the course of the day. Oh, wait! I don't have to do anything about any of those something’s because they’re not disturbing me. I say they “trigger me,” but that's an inaccurate and misleading description. “They” aren't doing anything to me. I'm simply using my observation of their presence in my reality as my excuse to revert back to my old, unwanted habits. I don't have to do anything about them, which I couldn't do if I wanted to. I simply have to do something about me and the thoughts that I'm thinking. I'm “triggering” me.

That makes perfect sense. That's Abraham's story of momentum. I'm throwing myself out of the plane.

And of course, the time to do something about my throwing myself out of the plane isn't after I've thrown myself out of the plane. That's the time for some data collection, to see how/when/what reasons I use/what thoughts I think to throw myself put of the plane. At that time, I can also use my Knowing (from above) to remind myself, “Hang on. This won't last forever. When I get a chance to meditate, I'll clear this right up. This will be like WB’s example of the sun rising the next morning.”

So, here's a question which is really worthwhile to ask: How do you think those something's wind up in your presence so that you can observe them?

Are they there by chance?
    No, that can't be it. There's no “chance” in an attraction-based universe.

Are they hiding in the bushes or behind every turn, just waiting to pounce out at you?
    No, it can be that, either, because there is no assertion in an attraction-based universe.

Are they there because the LoA made a horrible mistake?
    No, it can't be that, either, because you Know that the LoA ALWAYS brings to you what matches your vibration.

So, according to your Knowing, these things are in your experience because you are offering a vibration and the LoA is bringing you your something’s because they match the vibration that you've been offering.

Which means that you CAN start to manage your vibration on the topics of these something’s so that you're calling other things into your experience.

Another thing to keep in mind, as you think about these teachings and your experience: These something’s aren't “instant manifestations.” Most of us are too sloppy in our focus for that and--forgive me--I’m going to lump you into that category. IOW, you'd been offering your attracting vibration, calling your something’s to you, well in advance of your manifestation of them. AND you’d been having guidance, leading up to your manifestations of your something’s, letting you know that you were calling to you something’s that you weren't going to like.

And it's all right that you've been doing this. My point is that when you've thrown yourself out of the plane, that's not the time to do your “work.” But you've been having advance warning--from a friend down the Stream--that you CAN use long before you throw yourself out of the plane, when it's easier and effective to use your vibrational tools.

Here's something else to consider. You've heard us say that every particle of the universe is a mixture of wanted (by you) aspects and unwanted (by you) aspects. So, these something's must have some wanted (by you) aspects. For example, if you didn't have your uncomfortable feeling, you wouldn't know that something was a topic that you'd want to shift your vibration about. That's a good thing. You want to know when you’ve got a vibration that's not serving you, so you can use your Aber skills on it.

My frustration is, I KNOW this stuff and I know 'how to use' it and still I am NOT DOING it RIGHT.
    You're wise to feel your resistance, because “you cannot get it wrong.” Even if you use capital letters. You cannot do it wrong, which means that you cannot “not do it right.”

So, maybe you're not doing it in the way you would prefer, but once upon a time, even you were learning how to walk, you weren't walking in the way you would prefer. But you used those times to improve your walking, so that you could walk in a way that was closer to the way you would prefer. IOW, can you accept this as part of your learning process?

You see...this is the snow ball reaction (chain reaction)
    It's really not. This is something that you are doing. You are bundling together a bunch of thoughts that you're thinking and then you're calling your bundle “a chain reaction.”

If you disk to any physicist (They specialize in “chain reactions”) they'll tell you that you can interrupt a chain reaction at any link in the chain. This is only a chain reaction for two reasons:
    • Because, rather tending to your guidance and your resistant thoughts, you're bundling then together, enabling your resistant thoughts to “snowball.” AND
    • Because you tell the story of this as a “chain reaction,” as opposed to a variety of thoughts which you've bundled together.

That's enough reason to think your depressed thoughts (as opposed to “getting depressed”).

So I have decided to take a small break from my work and going to India for sometime.
    Stay in Italy, return to India, jet to Rio--that's not going to make much a difference because what's at the basis of all of this are your own habits of thoughts, which you're likely to bring with you and wherever you go.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 6 Days Ago at 02:28 PM. Reason: Formatting

@WellBeing: First of Thank You for the apt and very useful, supporting explanation. I appreciate that.

Now, when I say 'I Know' I (only) mean vibrationally 'knowing'. So when I am at this 'place (peace)' I experienced deep peace and all the symptoms goes away like I has not been there before. But after some time (after my meditation) some triggering event happens and I went into the same 'habit' of thinking negative thoughts.

My frustration is, I KNOW this stuff and I know 'how to use' it and still I am NOT DOING it RIGHT. Well again I felt the resistant here and trying to make peace with this also. You see...this is the snow ball reaction (chain reaction) and I end up getting depressed.

So I have decided to take a small break from my work and going to India for sometime.

Thank You

My cousin has tried to convince my aunt to go on vacation...to their vacation home in a much warmer climate. My aunt has not been enthusiastic about the idea. My cousin found really inexpensive airline tickets that make it hard for her to say no. Now my aunt has the flu....and is happily resting in bed. I see that this illness is her path of least resistance....so that she does not have to go on this trip. She also had a miraculous recovery from severe illness more than a year ago....but she kept some of her ill health (though is basically stable). I see that it is convenient...her path of least resistance. People expect less from her....she doesn't have to go anywhere she does not want to go....like funerals or weddings. She does not have to look her best either. She feels less pressured. Also, when we told her how severely ill the doctors said she was....because she was in and out of consciousness during that time....she said,"That is so much nonsense!" Somehow, deep within, she knows that she is controlling it all.

Perhaps based on your beliefs....some illness might be convenient right now.....it might be your path of least resistance, so that you can take a break from something....so that you have an excuse to just relax.

The contradiction here is that you might be scared of peace....you might feel that to relax too much is unwise....that being worried is better, because it means you care about a situation....and you will take action....meaning fear/turmoil motivates you to act. You do not trust peace fully yet.

We had really frigid weather here last week....and slowly it's gotten warmer and warmer....to the point that yesterday evening I felt really warm indoors. I opened a window but the radiator was giving off so much heat...that it did not help. I noticed that every few minutes I kept complaining to myself...."It's so hot," and I did nothing with this thought, because it felt so normal....not too bothersome. But, it is up to me to notice the change in my "inner" temperature...to notice when I've gone from joy...to a little less joy, and you see....that is when a little bit of powerlessness arises that if I do not look at, will make me feel powerless about other things....other topics. And so I told myself something very encouraging...that during the evenings the temperature gets lower and lower. That thought gave me relief, and I relaxed back into my peace/joy. A few seconds later, I realized I felt much cooler....how a little bit of emotional comfort (the loss of resistance) had given me what I desired....cooler. And I had taken action to get cooler beforehand....I had removed clothing....I had opened the window....I had turned on a fan....but none of that worked.

You can do less and trust ~ allow more.