Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make Peace when suffering from Disease

How to make Peace when suffering from Disease

Dear All Friends,

It is nice to meet you after so long time. I have taken some vacations for so long.

I am have grown in understanding about LOA and had some of the good experiences like manifested a job here in Italy.

From last few weeks I am suffering from illness (Anxiety) and majorly "Dizziness (cause by middle ear infection)" ... I am ALLOWING this discomfort and tried to make the peace with this emotions but not possible every time and I keep going back to the same energy level.

No complaint here. I know this will pass. I am WITNESSING this situations.

Any thoughts and suggestions about how to make peace with dizziness (vertigo) and anxiety, will be highly appreciated.

Good Day my friends...

Thank You very much.

Quote Originally Posted by jaideep_v View Post
    Dear All Friends,

It is nice to meet you after so long time. I have taken some vacations for so long.

I am have grown in understanding about LOA and had some of the good experiences like manifested a job here in Italy.

From last few weeks I am suffering from illness (Anxiety) and majorly "Dizziness (cause by middle ear infection)" ... I am ALLOWING this discomfort and tried to make the peace with this emotions but not possible every time and I keep going back to the same energy level.

No complaint here. I know this will pass. I am WITNESSING this situations.

Any thoughts and suggestions about how to make peace with dizziness (vertigo) and anxiety, will be highly appreciated.

Good Day my friends...

Thank You very much.
    hi jaideepv just a thought I wanted to share with you
    maybe for the time being the path of least resistance could be to just go out into the fresh air and take a few slow slow deep deep breaths of air
    just relax and just breath deeply
    no need to think anything at all
    but if words come into your mind then maybe just feel the word LOVE and the word THANK YOU
    and just say them mentally a few times as you breath
    kind of like a thank you to the Universe for your guidance and the love it bestows endlessly on you

hope that may help
    much love to you xxx
    been a while since I seen ya on here

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    "Making peace" is all about being unconditional. It means to not push against "what is", but to relax into it, no matter what.

In the moment you do that, you will feel relief, and probably less pain or the ending of pain. And then, it becomes easier and easier, to just focus on easy topics (you donīt have to think about getting healthy, when that feels "too far out" right now.) While when you chill out and relax, eventually thinking about what you really do want will feel lively and calling.

Here is a quote-collection how you can deal with sickness and pain:
    How to deal with pain

And here is a great quote about the willingness to feel good, aka making peace no matter what:

Itís your willingness to stand in a worthy place.
    Itís your willingness to find some way,
    where you stand, to make it alright.

Itís the willingness for it to be alright where you stand,
    that equals your conscious allowing of the alignment between you and you-

which is the only definition that love is.

2013-03-21 Gold Coast

Hi Jaideep!

So nice to “see” you after such a while!

The thing which works for me for physical-bodily situations: breathing deeply, and thinking about how my body KNOWS what to do. So, if I’m feeling a fever then I think that that’s my body doing its work, and doing its best to flush whatever-is-not-needed inside OUT. My body knows what to do, and looking at the dis-ease just as a part of the process of my body taking a step in the direction of wellness, and keeping my systems working, is a thought that helps a lot. It changes my perspective.

The other thing that works is getting really, really general. I like focusing on thoughts such as I like feeling comfortable. I like feeling relaxed. I like feeling vibrant. I like feeling energetic, etc. I hum these sentences in soft tunes to myself when I’m taking a bath, or getting ready, or before going to sleep, or whenever I’m doing regular mundane stuff.

The third thing which helps me is what I call “chakra breathing:” simply breathing into each of the chakras and imagining it swelling up and becoming bigger and brighter in its color.

All of these self-devised ‘techniques’ are focusing mechanisms for me. They give my mind a place to rest in, in a way that feels good to me AND requires enough of my attention that my mind doesn’t wander off anywhere else easily.

I really like what you say about “witnessing” as well. Disassociating myself from thoughts that don’t feel good helps immensely. There’s a softening that happens when I take a step back mentally which makes it easy to let go of the not-good-feeling thought, and focus instead on that which is more beneficial for me in the moment.

You’ve got this!

love and hugs!

oh another quick thought: I also find it helpful to focus on emotional comfort rather than physical comfort for physical dis-ease. So my intention is not to make the pain/dis-ease/physical-whatever “go away,” rather, I am more interested in focusing in a way that will help me feel better emotionally then and there.

Welcome back to the Forum!

It's interesting that you bring this particular topic to us, because what you're calling your "illness" (your anxiety) Abraham would call your emotional guidance. Isn't anxiety negative emotion? What do Abraham teach us about negative emotion?

They teach us that whenever we create negative emotion for ourselves, that's our indicator that, in our moment of--say--anxiety, we are thinking thoughts with which our IB does not agree.

So, when you come to us (or to Abraham) with this topic (and it's all right that you have come to us with this topic) our likely response would be to celebrate for you, because what you're saying to us Abers is "My emotional guidance is system is working [Yay!] and I'm noticing my emotional guidance [Yay!]." From an Abraham standpoint, those are two very good things if you want to manage your vibration and be a deliberate creator. And that's probably the perspective that your IB has about this manifestation of yours.

Now, many people (even some Abers) don’t attend to their emotional guidance. Instead, they practice the thoughts that produce their variety of negative emotions (Fear, Worry, Doubt--all places on the Scale) until it becomes a habit. They might get really, really good from their practice of their habit so it seems like all those emotions get lumped together into a constellation that doctors label “anxiety.” (That’s why “anxiety” isn’t on the Scale. Anxiety is a label that’s not as precise as the terms Abrahamchose to include on the Scale, because anxiety is generally a combination of negative emotions such as Fear, Worry, Doubt, etc.) These people can practice their habits to the point that it seems like their anxiety is happening to them. They can even practice themselves into such a good habit that they manifest physical symptoms (like racing pulse, stomach upset, difficulty breathing, etc.) so they have to go to the doctor where they manifest a label (AKA a "diagnosis") from the doctor. And I'm NOT saying that there is any “wrong” or inappropriate about any of that. Nor Abraham would talk anyone out of any treatment that that person feels is of benefit to him or her.

My point is to remind you of the power that these teachings give to you. I wasn't blaming (you or them) in my explanation. By understanding that this is something that you did (even if you didn't do it on purpose) you then have the power to do something different, to create something different for yourself. Just that thought can shift you from a vibration of Powerlessness (“these things have happened to me”) towards a vibration of Power (“I created this so that means that I can learn how to create something else”). As we'll talk about in a little bit, you’ll recall it's not these words which are important. It's our vibration which is important.

You'll notice that I repeatedly the word “habit” a lot in my explanation. That's all this is--a habit that you've gotten really, really good at. And I'm not diminishing your experience there. Which idea feels better to you?:

• "Illness" OR
    • "Habit of thought" OR
    • "Habit"

This long explanation is to give you some ideas of how to do the “work” as you’re taking your doctor’s treatments and how to make peace with where you are. What is making peace with where you are? It’s taking the thoughts that you’re thinking about these creations of yours and finding thoughts which still seem true to you yet which make your manifestations less “bad” or less scary or less worrying to you. I’ve highlighted the key part…

...because you got on to tell us
    No complaint here. I know this will pass.

Now, I’m not in your head and I don’t know what you’re thinking, but in a post in another thread, you were wanting to face your fear. When we truly have no complaint, we’re typically not feeling fear. Furthermore, you say you “know” this will pass but if you meant the vibration of Knowing (as Abraham do and as we talk about here on this Forum), then you would have already made peace with what you know. IOW, even though the sun did not come out today for me, I Know that the sun is behind the cloud cover even though I can’t see it and I Know that the sun will eventually come out again. Because of my Knowing, I don’t need to make peace with the sun not being visible in my part of the world.

You’ve heard us say before that the LoA doesn’t hear your pretty words. The LoA responds to your vibration. So, you can tell us what you “know” until you’re hoarse but the LoA is going to respond to the vibration that you’re really offering.

If you’re pretending (to us, to yourself, to the LoA) that your vibration is somewhere other than where it actually is, if you’re telling us a story that you really don’t believe, then you’re HFS’ing, which is the opposite of making peace of where you are. And I get it. It can be scary to look directly at an unwanted manifestation which seems to have dire and important consequences for you. But if you’re wanting to travel from Venezia to Roma but you’re pretending you’re actually in Firenze, you’re going to get lost or confused pretty quickly.

Start with where you are. Find thoughts which make where you are a little less awful or a little less scary to you. You will know when you have truly made peace with you are when you Know that this is a temporary condition. You can use your other Abraham tools as you’re working with your doctors. You can start to focus towards your wanted (because you’re not always scared or having anxiety or your anxiety is not always the same intensity). You can focus on the vibrational basis of all of this, which is where your power is and where your Aber skills will serve you well. You can Move Up the Emotional Scale, or Focus Wheel, or…, or…, or….

You’ve studied this stuff and you CAN apply this stuff to these manifestations of yours.

listen to the million youtube videos from abe , over and over....... your guidance will lead you to the next best ones and they sooth and also teach at the same time

get some hicks cd's or mp3's to listen to , for me it's better than reading.

best wishes, lemon

Good Day my friends...

Thank You very much.
    Good day!

Remaining very still helps with vertigo, not even moving your head. It will pass. You can just wait it outÖthe sensation.

Some stillness might be needed inwardly too.

You can take inner pauses in your life simply to rest.

You do not have to do anything to prove yourself or to be loved.

You are worthy and deeply loved.

You can tell yourself soothing words like:

ďItís okay to be here. It is safe to be who I am.Ē

The vertigo...inner ear problem....anxiety is about self-pressure.

You can just BE.....that is enough.

The world spins around you....you do not spin.

@WellBeing: First of Thank You for the apt and very useful, supporting explanation. I appreciate that.

Now, when I say 'I Know' I (only) mean vibrationally 'knowing'. So when I am at this 'place (peace)' I experienced deep peace and all the symptoms goes away like I has not been there before. But after some time (after my meditation) some triggering event happens and I went into the same 'habit' of thinking negative thoughts.

My frustration is, I KNOW this stuff and I know 'how to use' it and still I am NOT DOING it RIGHT. Well again I felt the resistant here and trying to make peace with this also. You see...this is the snow ball reaction (chain reaction) and I end up getting depressed.

So I have decided to take a small break from my work and going to India for sometime.

Thank You

YES. I am doing it. I am listening to Abe videos and also Ekhart Tolle and other to get some idea about how to deal with it.