Thread: My experience with LOA

My experience with LOA

Presently I'm down with cold and flu. Not sure if my IB agrees with this statement.

So far It's been close to 3 years studying and practicing LOA teachings.

When i first came across LOA writings, I immediately experienced what it was. I experienced magical coincidences without any "intention" on my part. With the hopes of understanding and mastering it, I picked up book after book to create the life of my dreams, the dreams which I didn't have before discovering LoA.

Knowing now that I could do be or have anything I desired, I set big intentions, intentions that not only excited me but which I thought were now achievable since LoA was The only operating Law.

To this day, I haven't manifested even a single "intention" from my list of intentions, which makes me wonder if I was wrong about LoA. Perhaps the Law of attraction only "shows" more evidence of what one "likes" or "focusses on" and not what one wants or needs.

When I started off setting intentions, my desires not only felt fresh but also "realistic". With so much time having passed, most of them now feel "stale" and "challenging".

Since the Law is only doing it's job and I'm the only focusser whose intentions and attention matter, it's natural to think I'm not doing something correctly. But My IB doesn't seem to agree with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    Presently I'm down with cold and flu. Not sure if my IB agrees with this statement.
    What's your emotional guidance tell you? That's the only way you can know what your IB agrees with or not.

To this day, I haven't manifested even a single "intention" from my list of intentions, which makes me wonder if I was wrong about LoA.
    I wouldn't say that you were wrong about the LoA being the only law of importance, but you might have some misunderstandings about how the LoA operates. Your post here certainly suggests some misunderstandings to be.

Perhaps the Law of attraction only "shows" more evidence of what one "likes" or "focusses on"...
    The LoA brings us more of what we focus upon. That's the Law.

It's also important to remember that “every subject is two subjects.” You have the freedom to focus upon any subject from your Wanted/Having-of-It end of that “stick” or from your Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that “stick.” Again, your emotional guidance system will let you know which end of any “stick” you're focusing towards.

...and not what one wants or needs.
    You're correct. This is why Abraham teach us that Step 3 in the Creative Process is Allow. You have to line up with what you want. That's what Abraham talk about to us all day, everyday.

[QUOTE=gkspp;996978]
    When I started off setting intentions, my desires not only felt fresh but also "realistic". With so much time having passed, most of them now feel "stale" and "challenging". [QUOTE=gkspp;996978]
    So, check in with your emotional guidance system. Does “stale” and “challenging” feel better or worse than “fresh” and “realistic”? If it feels worse (which is what it sounds like to me) that's your indicator that you're not Allowing. The Abraham term for “not Allowing” is “resisting.” That's why these things haven't been manifesting for you.

Since the Law is only doing it's job and I'm the only focusser whose intentions and attention matter, it's natural to think I'm not doing something correctly.
    “Natural” and helpful to think that there is some fine-tuning that would been--for you in your application of these teachings, yes.

But My IB doesn't seem to agree with that either.
    Or your IB might not be judging or condemning you for not doing it as effectively as you want.

What is it that you'd like to discuss here?

When i first came across LOA writings, I immediately experienced what it was. I experienced magical coincidences without any "intention" on my part. With the hopes of understanding and mastering it, I picked up book after book to create the life of my dreams, the dreams which I didn't have before discovering LoA.

Knowing now that I could do be or have anything I desired, I set big intentions, intentions that not only excited me but which I thought were now achievable since LoA was The only operating Law.
    It's understandable that getting up to speed with something that you would describe a "big" would be a little tricky. I know that you say that you thought your intentions were achievable now that you knew about LOA, but if you really felt they were achievable (in a vibrational sense), they wouldn't seem "big" to you. The "big-ness" of those intentions was the vibrational gap between where you were in relation to where you wanted to be. To be able to get up to speed with a desire requires closing that vibrational gap. It's what Abraham describes as an "emotional journey."
    To this day, I haven't manifested even a single "intention" from my list of intentions, which makes me wonder if I was wrong about LoA.
    Or, perhaps there's more to all of this than you realized. More importantly, it really brings us back to the idea of the emotional journey. If the only feedback you got was whether you achieved full manifestation of something, it would really be difficult to find your way to what you want. That's the benefit of emotional guidance, because it allows you to quantify your journey between where you are and where you want to be with your desire, in the same way that a GPS system allows you to program in your destination, tells you how far you are from your destination, as well as whether you're moving closer to, or further away from, your destination. In emotional terms, closing that vibrational/emotional gap always feels BETTER. In the bigger picture, Abraham points out that we've got to figure out how to have fun on the way to what you want.

Perhaps the Law of attraction only "shows" more evidence of what one "likes" or "focusses on" and not what one wants or needs.
    I'd tweak what WB wrote slightly -- LOA always shows us what we're offering vibrationally, whether it's what we want or not. LOA is always going to reflect back where you are vibrationally. Back to Abraham' "emotional journey" description along with the GPS analogy, if you're wanting to go from Phoenix to San Diego, but you're in Yuma, no matter how badly you want to be in San Diego, your GPS system is going to tell you that you're in Yuma. If you don't trust your GPS system and you want to pull off the highway to see what's around, you'll get more feedback that you are, in fact, in Yuma.

Similarly, LOA is always going to give you evidence of where you are vibrationally, regardless of where you'd like to be. If you're in Yuma, vibrationally speaking, you're going to get the manifestational feedback that you're in Yuma. For things to change, how you feel has to shift.

When I started off setting intentions, my desires not only felt fresh but also "realistic".
    I think many of us can understand why you'd describe them in this way. Nevertheless, as I previously explained, if they really seemed "realistic" to you, then they wouldn't have felt "big." To the contrary, they'd have felt ordinary and like they weren't a big deal. Now it's understandable that you wouldn't have realized that without the life experience to demonstrate how things really work. Now you do. That sort of relates to what we're talking about in your other thread -- that life experience you've had both gives you clarity as to what's actually going on, as well as giving birth to desire for improvement. Both are beneficial things.

With so much time having passed, most of them now feel "stale" and "challenging".
    It's understandable that if you're using your focus to notice the absence of your desires, you're throwing resistance on your vibrational trail, which is why your desires don't feel good anymore.
    Since the Law is only doing it's job and I'm the only focusser whose intentions and attention matter, it's natural to think I'm not doing something correctly. But My IB doesn't seem to agree with that either.
    I'd agree with your IB in that the conclusion that you're doing something "incorrectly" isn't quite accurate. It's certainly the case that what you're doing isn't yielding the results that you want, but that's also a completely normal part of the process. You've realized that your understanding of how LOA works and how you can work with it has carried you to a certain point that falls short of where you want to be. That's not a bad thing.

When you were a toddler and first scooting around the house after learning to crawl, in your newfound freedom to explore your surroundings you may have launched big desires about everywhere you wanted to go. Now, don't get me wrong, crawling is a big improvement over not being able to do much more than roll over onto your side. Nonetheless, it only gets you so far. Before long, you realize the limitations of crawling and you give birth to the desire to stand, walk, and run. Those are big improvements too, and yet they also have limitations, which give birth to desires to ride a bike, or to learn to drive, or be able to take a bus, train, plane, boat, etc. That doesn't mean that crawling is you getting it wrong, but rather there's just more out there that yields to you more and more that facilitates your desire to travel through your world.

My question is and so "how does that thought feel to you"?
    When you think, I am not doing something correctly?
    Does it feel good, or not?

Because, your emotions are your guidance, as to how YOUR thoughts match those of your inner being.
    Does, your inner being AGREE?

One thought that came to me after reading your post is this.
    EMOTIONS.
    It all depends on what you ARE out to create.

If you wanted to create EXCITEMENT.
    And you found the ideas and desires that matched that vibration, then, you were doing something "correctly".

But now they feel stale, as you said, then maybe your desires have expanded and you need to refresh them so that they feel exciting to YOU once again.

Also, you use the words "realistic" so maybe you have become more "realistic", and maybe you are adding resistance to your vibration, as you focus on "reality".

The answer is really simple when you make what you desire most of all, about the emotions that you are feeling.

THEN, you will always be on track.
    And you will always FEEL it, when you are "off track" so to speak.

Make your creation be mostly about your emotions.
    Then, you are more likely to care about how you feel emotionally.
    Then, you are less likely to take score too soon,
    which is what always shoot us in the foot, so to speak, and makes us "realistic".

Be un realistic...
    Ask yourself, is there a limit, on how GOOD I can feel,
    Is there a limit, on how good i can feel, and how stable in that i can become.

And if LOA is responding to how I feel emotionally,
    IS'nt THAT, all that really matters?

How i am feeling emotionally, in this wonderful moment of now.

And doesnt EVERYTHING in my life, reflect THAT. Reflect how i am feeling, and how i have been feeling emotionally.
    And so, does any thing else really matter.
    Since I get to direct my thoughts, and so my mood, right now in my life.

And isnt all my power, in this moment of NOW.

The past has gone dear friend.
    The future is yet to come.
    All we have is right now, and how we choose to feel, in any moment.

You can choose to see it all as perfect, or less than perfect.
    But what feels better to YOU?
    What do you think the broader, wiser, loving Source energy part of you, is thinking?