Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Undoing past events.

  1. #1

    Undoing past events.

    I was wondering if it's possible to undo a past incident. Like wishing a certain day, event or argument or experience didn't happen at all. I'm not just talking about erasing it from one's memory but also from others involved.

    For example, I've said and done things I regret. I'd like to know if I could literally have a clean slate regarding them.

    On the same lines, let's say someone lost part of their vision due to an accident. They could either wish their vision be restored now to how it was or wish that the accident never happened in the first place.

    So what do you say? can one desire and manifest across time?


  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to undo a past incident.
    No, and from your broader perspective, you wouldn't want that because there was expansion and benefit to you from that past incident.

    In your other thread, I mentioned Abraham's “stick with two ends.” Here, you're focusing on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of this stick (called “that past event”). That's why you want to undo it. But your IB never focuses on that end of any stick. Your IB always focuses on your Wanted/Having-of-It end of every “stick.”

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    For example, I've said and done things I regret.
    Regret is your emotional guidance. It's sleeting you to a vibrational gap that you have. You don't tend to your emotional guidance through action. Action (even the action of Abe-ing away a past event) is ineffective in closing our vibrational gaps.

    But you CAN close your vibrational gap by doing your vibrational “work.” You don't feel your regret because of this past event. You feel your regret because you are looking at this past event in a way that's different than the way your IB is looking at it. You can instead find different ways of focusing on that past event. You can join your IB in its focus on your Wanted/Having-of-It end of that “stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I'd like to know if I could literally have a clean slate regarding them.
    Sure. You do that vibrating. You shift the way that you're thinking about your past event, which gives you your clean slate.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    On the same lines, let's say someone lost part of their vision due to an accident. They could either wish their vision be restored now to how it was or wish that the accident never happened in the first place.
    Those are not the only two options. What are you trying to get at here? Better yet, let's stick with what's going on with you. We'll have more vocational information with which to work (rather than making inaccurate assumptions on behalf of “someone”) and we can talk to your experience in a way that can be more meaningful for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So what do you say? can one desire and manifest across time?
    One can absolutely desire and manifest across time. One cannot (nor would you want to, from your broader perspective) undo past events.

    Moderator's note: I've changed your thread title to more clearly focus on the topic that you want to discuss.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 1 Week Ago at 03:24 AM. Reason: Added Moderator's note

  3. #3
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,574
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to undo a past incident.
    It is not, nor is it desirable. WB talked about the expansion that's caused by your experience, which is absolutely the case. In the broader context, this is part of what Abraham means when they talk about "contrast." Part of that is the understanding that LOA is always reflecting back what you're doing with your vibration, and that this feedback is very important. Your past experience gave you more information about what you were doing vibrationally, as well as gave birth to desires for improvement. You can't retreat from that, nor would you want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    Like wishing a certain day, event or argument or experience didn't happen at all. I'm not just talking about erasing it from one's memory but also from others involved.

    For example, I've said and done things I regret. I'd like to know if I could literally have a clean slate regarding them.
    Can you find freedom from regret? ABSOLUTELY. In finding freedom from your feelings of regret, you also gain the benefit the expansion that your experience caused. In so doing, you're actually much better off than having a clean slate.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    On the same lines, let's say someone lost part of their vision due to an accident. They could either wish their vision be restored now to how it was or wish that the accident never happened in the first place.
    Wishing the conditions were different is not going to be an effective strategy for them. Can this person find ways to make peace with where they are without the conditions changing? Absolutely. In discovering that they can feel better even though their sight hasn't changed, do things have to improve for this person? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So what do you say? can one desire and manifest across time?
    As Abraham points out, your point of power is in the NOW. From your broader perspective, you never want to undo your past experiences because they're what causes you to become more. There's never an answer without a question and your IB is always reveling in the answers that all of your life's questions give birth to.

  4. #4
    Thank u Wellbeing. Thank u Marc.

    I now see where I went wrong. I never saw regrets as a form of emotional guidance.

    So by vibrational work u mean I reach for better feeling thoughts right?

    @Wellbeing the example is not random. It's regarding myself. I lost vision in my right eye in 2006 due to a life threatening bike accident which caused a major blow to my head, cracking my skull open and damaging my optic nerve and few other injuries in my body. But I survived quite miraculously and resumed active student Life within few months.

    From yours and Marc's explanations, there is no undoing past incidents, although I'm unable to say the same about my IB.

    "Had an exciting life like the others..
    didn't hurt my flesh, nor my skull..
    lost neither my sight,
    my eyes are perfectly well.."


  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I now see where I went wrong. I never saw regrets as a form of emotional guidance.
    How do your thoughts of regret feel when you think them? IOW, how we feel is how we can tell what is or isn't emotional guidance. And you can't apply this Abraham material without your emotional guidance.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So by vibrational work u mean I reach for better feeling thoughts right?
    Yes.

    But since you're asking this question and in light of the thread that you'd opened at the same time as this one, it sounds to me like you could benefit from a (re-)read of an Abraham book.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    @Wellbeing the example is not random. It's regarding myself....
    Then (and I don't say this to be harsh) put yourself into the conversation. Because without that critical component of yourself in the conversation, then we lose access to the thoughts that you're thinking and what you might be feeling, which are essential to this Abraham material.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I lost vision in my right eye in 2006 due to a life threatening bike accident which caused a major blow to my head, cracking my skull open and damaging my optic nerve and few other injuries in my body. But I survived quite miraculously and resumed active student Life within few months.
    What do you think about each part of your creation here? IOW, as you think your thoughts about the various aspects of this event of yours, you're offering a vibration now. That vibration might be aligned with the vibration that your IB is offering at that same moment on that same aspect of this topic. Or your vibration might be divergent from the vibration that your IB is offering. That relationship creates your emotions, such as your regret.

    So, in order to reach for BFTs, you have to know what your starting thoughts are first so that you then determine whether the thoughts you next reach for feel "better" or "worse." You can't reach for your BFTs in a vacuum.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    From yours and Marc's explanations, there is no undoing past incidents, although I'm unable to say the same about my IB.

    "Had an exciting life like the others..
    didn't hurt my flesh, nor my skull..
    lost neither my sight,
    my eyes are perfectly well.."
    I can't tell you what your IB is thinking, particularly when I have to guess what you are thinking. That being said, I doubt that your IB is thinking your last two lines. Your IB is fully aware of what's going on with you. But where you seem to focusing on your one eye which cannot see, your IB might be focusing instead on your one eye that CAN see. Where you might use the word "miraculously" in an off-hand sort of manner, your IB might be throwing yet another little party to celebrate the miracle of your rapid healing. Where you are looking at this event in such a way that you want to undo it, your IB is definitely looking at the value that is there for you from this event.

    Again, you'll have to feel around for it for yourself to find out what your IB is actually thinking about this (or any other topic in your life).

  6. #6
    Thank u Wellbeing.

    In my experience, thoughts of regret have always felt bad. So that would mean that my IB does not agree with my thoughts regarding the situation.

    The reason I didn't say I'm that person right away is coz my objective was mainly to know if fixing or undoing past incidents was possible in general. As an example, I quoted my accident. It's not something I regret. It was hardly under my control. My regrets are mostly to do with my behavior towards people, especially friends and family on various occasions in the past, certain actions, decisions I should or shouldn't have taken etc.

    As an example, Just yesterday my aunt expired and I felt very bad as I thought about the times when I was rude to her when I was younger and how nice it would have been had I behaved kindly and respectfully with her.

    Regarding my eyesight, I was very hopeful at first when doctors told me it was only a matter of time and I'd start seeing. So i carried on with my future plans, studying and striving for jobs etc, keeping myself healthy, positive, reading spiritual stuff and meditating, so much that at some point I "got used to" being half blind.

    It was only after discovering LOA teachings that i added this to my list of desires. So almost 100% of the time I'm neither wanting or needing it. I'm so used to it. Maybe I have to find a way to rekindle a strong sense of desire for it.


  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    In my experience, thoughts of regret have always felt bad.

    There you go. ALL forms of emotions are guidance, even if they're not explicitly printed on the Scale.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So that would mean that my IB does not agree with my thoughts regarding the situation.

    And doesn't that make sense? Can you see how, by its definition, “regret” is a focus on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of a stick? You explain this perfectly for us with your story about your behavior with your aunt. You focus on your Unwanted aspects behavior with your aunt (rudeness) and on the Lack-or-Absence (of kindness). Because you're focusing on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that stick, whilst your IB ALWAYS focuses on the Wanted/Having-of-It end of that same stick, that separation of vibrations, that misalignment, causes your negative emotion of “regret.”

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    ....my accident. It's not something I regret.

    I don't know your precise label of what you're feeling. But we never want to undo an event we feel any form of “good” about. No one ever says “I had this joyous event that was so delightful. Can I undo that event?” So, whether your label is “regret”, “frustration”, “disappointment” or “lmnop,” you're thinking thoughts about your physical condition and your accident which are causing for you negative emotion, whatever you want to call your negative emotion. Your strategy to relieve your negative emotion was to undo your past event.

    We've been explaining that

    1. You're not able to do that.
    2. From your broader perspective, you truly don't want to do that.
    3. You don't want to do that because there is value for you in your past event.
    4. Your action of undoing your past event wouldn't address your negative emotion (whatever label you wish to call it).
    5. Your action won't address your negative emotion because your negative emotion isn't caused by your past events or your physical conditions.
    6. Your negative emotion is caused by your current vibrational misalignment.
    7. Your current vibrational misalignment is caused by your focus and your thoughts right now.
    8. Your focus and your thoughts right now are not in agreement with the focus and the thoughts that your IB is having right now.
    9. If you want relief from your negative emotion (whatever you're calling it, on whichever topic) you'll want to start reaching for a focus and thoughts which are in greater agreement with the focus and thoughts of your IB on that topic.
    10. You will know when you are moving away from the focus and the thoughts of your IB, because you will feel worse. You will know when you are moving towards the focus and the thoughts of your IB, because you will feel better.


    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    It was only after discovering LOA teachings that i added this to my list of desires.

    Vibrationally speaking, you had Asked for this (added this to your Vortex) long before that, probably in the moment that you realized that you weren't seeing in the way that you knew was possible for you.

    What I'm not hearing in your stories is how you are lining up with your desires, which is all that Abraham talk about.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So almost 100% of the time I'm neither wanting or needing it. I'm so used to it.

    Perhaps. But you ARE holding yourself apart from it. That’s “resistance.” (Again, I’m going to strongly recommend that you [re-]read an Abraham book, because I’m not hearing any real understanding or consideration of these teachings in your discussions. Going back to your other thread, it’s really hard to apply or to work with something that you don’t understand or consider.)

    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    Maybe I have to find a way to rekindle a strong sense of desire for it.

    No, you don't.

    Using Abraham’s story about the cork, when you’ve been holding a cork under water and you want it to be on the surface of the water, you don’t rekindle its buoyancy. You don’t find some machine to lift it to the surface. You simply let go of the cork.


    You’ve been holding onto your cork. It’s all right that you do so. No one’s going to judge you for doing so. But as long as you continue to do so, you’ll continue to have experiences like the ones you’ve shared with us in your other thread.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 1 Week Ago at 07:17 PM. Reason: Typos

  8. #8
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,574
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    In my experience, thoughts of regret have always felt bad. So that would mean that my IB does not agree with my thoughts regarding the situation.
    Correct. You're looking at things in a way that your IB is not seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    The reason I didn't say I'm that person right away is coz my objective was mainly to know if fixing or undoing past incidents was possible in general. As an example, I quoted my accident. It's not something I regret. It was hardly under my control.
    And yet each of us is the creator of our own experience. Now we may not always be creating our experience DELIBERATELY, but everything that happens in our experience is a result of our vibration. That's never about blame or suggesting that any of us get it "wrong," but rather the larger truth that nothing is asserted into our experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    My regrets are mostly to do with my behavior towards people, especially friends and family on various occasions in the past, certain actions, decisions I should or shouldn't have taken etc.
    As the feeling of regret is demonstrating to you, your IB doesn't see things the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    As an example, Just yesterday my aunt expired and I felt very bad as I thought about the times when I was rude to her when I was younger and how nice it would have been had I behaved kindly and respectfully with her.
    For example, your IB knows that in the same way that you are the creator of your own experience, it knows that your Aunt was the creator of her own experience too. It knows that you were never responsible for the way she felt and that how she felt was all about her own thoughts, focus and how her perspective compared to the perspective her own IB was offering. It also knows that it's pretty unreasonable to expect someone to feel bad and to behave kindly and respectfully anyway. It knows that the way you were feeling at the time was okay, just like the way she was feeling at the time was also okay. It knows that we're all in this together and that both of you were doing the best you could. In short, your IB didn't expect you to always behave kindly or respectfully and it doesn't regret anything that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    Regarding my eyesight, I was very hopeful at first when doctors told me it was only a matter of time and I'd start seeing. So i carried on with my future plans, studying and striving for jobs etc, keeping myself healthy, positive, reading spiritual stuff and meditating, so much that at some point I "got used to" being half blind.
    Getting "used to" something isn't necessarily the same thing as making peace with it or feeling better about it. Some people "get used" to chronic pain in the sense that it just becomes normal. Abraham sometimes remarks that most humans "get used" to negative emotion in a way they don't recommend. Now there's no way for me to know how you feel about it
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    It was only after discovering LOA teachings that i added this to my list of desires.
    That's actually not the case. You asked for improvement the moment you had the experience of not being able to see. You've been asking for improvement ever since. The only issue is that you've not yet ALLOWED that improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    So almost 100% of the time I'm neither wanting or needing it. I'm so used to it. Maybe I have to find a way to rekindle a strong sense of desire for it.
    As WB points out, that's not it at all. The desire is there, you've got to ALLOW it in order to become a match vibrationally. In other words, it's all about finding ways to feel BETTER. The really short answer is that the better you feel, the closer you are to what you want.

  9. #9
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,284
    you might like the quotes from this collection:

    About regret


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •