Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Depression

I keep having really long cycles of deep deep depression. This one that I'm in is by far the worst in my life. People kept telling me to read when I was struggling. I had been, and it hasn't helped. I've read all the abe books over and over and over again. Took a break, and read them again and again. I've read other LOA books by other authors as well, over and over and over again. I applied every process that abe has offered to feel better, I've tried every other process that others have come up with that have helped them and many others, and it hasn't worked. I've tried giving up on trying to feel better and trusting the universe, and I ended up feeling worse. I honestly don't think I could feel any worse right now. Those who have never experienced this, just don't know how bad it feels, and how unshiftable it feels. Those who have never experienced this level of depression and despair just don't know how impossible it feels to reach for a better feeling thought that's even ever so slightly better than the thought I was previously thinking. It's really hell on Earth. After all, hell is described as the absence of God.
    Now I know someone's going to tell me it's not possible to be resistant 100% of the time, and I agree. But nowhere do I want to live a life that has short cycles of happiness, and 80 or 90 percent of the rest of my time is spent in depression. That's not life. I know someone's going to tell me I'm trying to jump the scale. I've heard that a million times and made sure with every process I applied, I wasn't jumping the scale. It hasn't helped either. Someone's going to tell me "look at your words." I've heard that one a million times too. I've tried telling a new story. People keep telling me to focus on what's working. If that had helped, I would have stopped this seemingly never ending cycle. Bottom line, I just can't figure it out. I don't even care about manifesting anything or changing anything about my life- I just want to feel better.
    In before someone tells me "you're not supposed to figure it out" which I've heard a million times as well, I'm not trying to figure out every secret of the universe and how it manifests stuff, or whatever have you. I'm just trying to feel better and can't get around my own head. I've tried to keep myself safe while attempting to take control of my own life by taking meds, seeing so many people, trying so many things and it hasn't helped either. (I know why therapy and etc doesn't work, so you don't have to tell me.)
    I've heard abe say that when someone is in that deep of despair and have pinched themselves off long enough, IB realizes that life in that physical standpoint won't get very far, so they retract back to non-physical. Being in depression since I was 7, for 11 years, I honestly feel like my path of least resistance is just accept that my depression is going to take my life because I really just don't see what else is left.

I think meditation will be the most useful for you. Just quite your mind, and release the thought when it occurs. Don't try to find a better-feeling thought. Don't try to find any thought at all. Just quite your mind, or focus on your breathing, or a song, or anything that will not require you to get involved in an active thinking process. When a thought comes up, release it gently. Let it leave.

This always works for me. Within 10 or 15 minutes, you will find your cork floating, you will find yourself going downstream. Do not try to think anything. In fact, release the thought by focusing on your breathing again and again, whenever a thought shows up. That's it. Don't make it complicated, you don't need to. Just do this simple thing for 10 or 15 minutes. This always works.

What is it that you'd like to discuss?

That's an honest question. You see, you've presented your experience and, of course, your presentation is "true" to you. It's your experience. There are ways (Abraham teach some ways and others teach similar or other ways) to think about and talk about your experience so that it feels better to you. But it's not clear to me that this is what you want.

So, what do you want from us?

Yes, i agree with Wellbeing.

With no disrespect, your post does feel alot like a rant. And that is okay, no judgement.
    But, you can rant to your hearts content, but what would help you here IS to BE CLEAR about what you DO WANT.

You did write a little about it.

You said you want to feel better, that you do not care so much about manifesting things, but you care about how you FEEL.
    But can you see for yourself that you are MORE focused on what you DO NOT WANT than you are focused on what YOU DO WANT.

Maybe it would help, for you to re write that page including ONLY what you DO WANT.
    Not for me, not for anyone else to read...but FOR YOU to get clear about what you DO WANT.

Because you are very clear about what you do NOT want.
    Which is good, its part of the contrast and all that.

But remember, LOA is responding to what we FOCUS on, LOA is responding to the thoughts that we think, whether they are what we want, or what we do not want.

SO, number one, stop focusing on what you DO NOT WANT. FOCUS on what you DO WANT.
    Easier, said than done, i agree.....but it does take some practice.

But that is what your EMOTIONAL guidance is ALL about.
    Your emotions, are wonderful guidance, helping us to know, what end of the stick we are focused upon, in any moment.

And so your "depression" is guidance....its letting you know that you are focused on what you DO NOT WANT. You are focused on thoughts, that the Broader, wiser, loving Source inner being part of YOU, does not have. And THAT is why you feel so bad.
    BECAUSE your loving inner being, will not meet you in those, resistant thoughts.
    YOU have to think thoughts that are MORE like those of your inner being, IF YOU WANT TO FEEL GOOD.

Number two.
    Make peace with where you ARE.
    YES, you are wise in your last words what you wrote there.
    Make peace with your mind, with your emotions.

Sit quietly and BE with your SELF.
    Without judgement.
    Sit quietly and simply be with whatever is present, and allow it to be there.
    SIT with YOURSELF, and let go of trying so hard to feel better,
    And i promise you WILL feel better.

It is the "struggle" that you are wanting to "let go" of, the struggle with YOURSELF.
    RELAX into your SELF.
    ALLOW yourself to BE where you are vibrationally.
    Its not wrong to be in depression, its not bad.
    It is just that you are not allowing the energy of your inner being perspective, that is ALL.
    You are not doing anything "wrong"

And yes, as LOA man has wisely advised, learn to meditate, and do it OFTEN. at least every day.
    QUIET your mind.

Learn to quiet your mind.
    Let MEDITATION be your medicine.
    SLOW down your thinking.
    Spend time in nature.
    Sit on the earth, or by a river, or lake, or in a garden.
    Get out into nature.
    SLOW yourself DOWN.

Learn to BE more, and think LESS.

Slow yourself down.
    Be kinder to yourself.
    Every day, do some kindness for yourself.

One thing that i find really helps is to ask yourself:

What am i thinking that my inner being (or god if you prefer), is not thinking?

What am I not thinking, that my inner being, source, is thinking?

Move your THOUGHTS closer to the perspective of your inner being.
    THAT Is the sole work, the soul work.

And one thought that may help you to repeat as a mantra is:

I want to feel better, I want to feel better, I want to feel for and find a better feeling THOUGHT.

Because THEN you are focused on what you DO WANT.
    While at the SAME time, no longer, because its a mantra, thinking about what you do not want.
    And so, in a little time, begin to ATTRACT better feeling thoughts, and ideas.

DO it for a whole day,
    THINK only one thought "I want to feel a little better" as your mantra.
    Or if that feels too upstream think "what is it that i DO WANT"
    Or if that feels too upstream think "make peace" or "peace" or "ease".
    Use something to anchor your mind, and slow it down, so that you can be more at peace.

Nature is really good at doing that.
    Listening to the birds, being in nature, watching the water, or the sunset.
    Make that your meditation, if the rest seems too hard.

Abraham also does talk about how anger is better feeling than depression.

So maybe, a rant feels better to you?
    Only you can know.
    But if that is the case, then keep ranting, until you are more stable there, and then reach for the next level on the emotional scale. If that feels better TO YOU. Not to anyone else. But feels BETTER to YOU.

"The only thing that makes the difference in the way you feel right now, is the thoughts that you are thinking right now...How you feel is about how you are Allowing the Source that is YOU to flow." Abraham Hicks; from their website quote today!

Quote Originally Posted by kikimalkia01 View Post
    In before someone tells me "you're not supposed to figure it out" which I've heard a million times as well, I'm not trying to figure out every secret of the universe and how it manifests stuff, or whatever have you. I'm just trying to feel better and can't get around my own head. I've tried to keep myself safe while attempting to take control of my own life by taking meds, seeing so many people, trying so many things and it hasn't helped either. (I know why therapy and etc doesn't work, so you don't have to tell me.)
    Haha when people say that here it bothers me as well. "You never get it done", "you never get it wrong", "you're ever expanding"....

When I hear that I'm just thinking how is that supposed to make me feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightestDay View Post
    Haha when people say that here it bothers me as well. "You never get it done", "you never get it wrong", "you're ever expanding"....

Like every other subject in this universe, these vibrationally accurate statements that we share here are like a stick with two ends. There's an end that you want and there's an end that you don't want.

We can share these vibrationally accurate statements with you. As with everything else, you have complete freedom to focus anywhere along that stick you choose. You'll have your emotional guidance to let you know towards which end of your stick you're focusing.

But none of us have a magic wand which will force you to direct your focus towards your wanted end of any stick. (Nor would you want that.) That's your "work."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightestDay View Post

I hear ya. If I focus too deep on any of those I think "well then what's the use?". So I remind myself that in this red hot moment I sure can be "done", I can rest and let it all go for now.

I will be done with segments, people, and things. Just that once again something else will come again and get my interest and I will be off doing that.

wrong? well that too can be looked at like........ I have been working on this crossword, or another puzzle and not getting it yet. so when I feel like it I work on it again and then there are the answers.

michal Jordan didn't come out of the gate a star basketball player....... look at history and how many ppl had to go back to the drawing board to create what they desired.

did they get it wrong? or did they just keep going and eventually lined up with their desire [solution ].

ever expanding? well yea, it's just a natural course of our life to expand.. but no one has a time line that they have to meet to expand, and no one has to meet another's expectations of what "expansion" is. it's personal.

that's why abe teach us to relax and enjoy our now as much as possible. it's true that we are on this never ending stream flowing downstream, but we can control how fast we want to go by not letting others or ourselves push us faster than we are ready to go.

the reason abe and other teachers are so popular is becos we were looking for ways to make this life easier on ourselves, our nerves , our personal evolution.

when ever I encounter an "upset", I look at it and think "how do I feel? , what can I think to make this feel better? what is a good possible outcome for me today?

best wishes to the OP and all, lemon

Kikimalkia,
    hi and I really want you to know that you can feel better but it takes time. You know , there’s the buffer of time Abe talks about. It sounds like you’re in a lot of pain! Life is worth living even if it doesn’t seem like It right now. I don’t know what you mean about Abe saying if you pinch yourself off you will emerge back into non-physical? And that depression will take your life? - no, remember Abe says you can be or do or have anything but you have to be a vibrational match to it.
    You already know you’re a vibrational match to “hell” as you say. That is no fun!! I’m sure you feel hopeless BUT you’re still alive! The part of you that wants to feel better HERE in the physical plane is writing and reaching out! That is such a hopeful thing.
    WE on the forum want you to live and to feel good. You say you have a lot of momentum in this from when you were 7 and now you’re 18? That’s a lot of years of depression but you made it so far
    Of course you want to feel better!! Your IB is telling you that you feel this bad because you’re truly a worthy wonderful part of all that is and that is joyous And you feel the big gap between your true self and your thoughts and feelings now
    But you seem brave and smart and determined and you know not to make too big a jump. Just rest!! Take care of you and find small happinesses like what do you like? A candy bar? A cold glass of water or a hot
    tea or a lovely pillow or ...? Anything at all , just enjoy it ever so slightly even. Your IB knows you made the bold adventurous decision to come here to Earth. Things aren’t all that instant or one-sided here, there is the contrast ...... we are creating more good things with our asking. Abe says you’re never more well than when you’re sick
    And asking for health! You do want health! That is done. You can find it ,but there’s a lot of energy In the unwanted direction so don’t worry and rest and believe what you know/read/we tell you that it can get better and will and you just breathe and take one moment at a time - do you have the Abe meditation CD? It shows how to do that.
    You say you know why therapy doesn’t work - why? Abe say that anything you want can BE. So if you want it to work, you can line up with that outcome! Ask and it is given! You
    Might have to stay a little focused on that for a little bit of time - but it will happen if you can let yourself off the hook! You can let go of the pain, just give it up to the universe for a couple seconds.
    I love you!
    Star xx