Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Clarity about processes

  1. #1
    AnBrutico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    16

    Clarity about processes

    Hello Abe Family,

    I've been listening to some of the newer Abe clips and I feel like I'm hearing their message change a little from what it has been previously.

    Old Message:
    Reach for a better feeling thought.
    Tell an improved story.
    Look for things to appreciate.
    A state of appreciation is better than meditation.
    Visualize.
    Meditate.
    Nap.


    New Message:
    Mind control doesn't work meditate every morning instead.
    You can't change your thoughts, LOA won't let you, meditate in the morning instead.
    Visualizing usually activates more of what you don't want than what you do want, meditate in the morning instead.

    I feel like the emphasis has changed to "Meditation is your only hope"
    Does anyone have feedback?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,621
    I'd certainly agree with the statement that there's more emphasis on meditation these days. Abraham's point of emphasis does shift in response to what's active vibrationally in the group. If you listen to blocks of workshops over time, you'll see that they've got a common approach that repeats for a while and then shifts. For a while it was all about "Get into the Vortex and then," later it was "Set your grid," at some point it was all about "Go General."

    That said, I don't agree that the MESSAGE has changed. They've been offering the same substance from the beginning and listening to earlier recordings can be just as helpful and productive as listening to their new recordings. That's because what you receive is always about what you're ready to hear.

    Given that there's such a vast amount of material, if you'd prefer a different emphasis (and personally, I do), don't be afraid to go back to earlier recordings.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,557
    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    I've been listening to some of the newer Abe clips and I feel like I'm hearing their message change a little from what it has been previously.
    From your post, I hear two things which are contributing to your conclusion. Part of it might your reliance on the “clips” in such a way that you're not hearing the full conversation from Abraham, so you're “hearing” them say something differently than what they are actually saying. The other piece of it seems to be some misunderstandings about what they had been saying. When you put these two together, it can make it seem that there's a much bigger difference than actually exists. Don't take this the wrong way, but the difference you're “hearing” is in your own mind.

    So, let's go through some of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    Old Message:
    Reach for a better feeling thought.
    Tell an improved story.
    Look for things to appreciate.
    A state of appreciation is better than meditation.
    Visualize.
    Meditate.
    Nap.
    Let's start with the original 3 Steps of Abraham's Creative Process, which has always been the basis of what they teach, now and “then.”

    Step 1-You Ask.
    Step 2-It is Given.
    Step 3-You ALLOW. (I've emphasized that for a reason. Hang tight!)

    These 3 Steps remain the same.

    All the things that you've listed above are techniques we can use to accomplish "the art of Allowing.”

    If you've listened to some of the fuller, recent recordings, you may have heard Abraham review these (usually, with comical speed, because a lot of us know these so well that we could say them ourselves).

    But then they continue and observe that we humans--being the diligent, action-oriented beings that we have practiced ourselves to be--started to turn their techniques (the ones on your list and more) into WORK, which is a very different vibration than the vibration of Allowing of Step 3. As a result, a lot of people approached the Processes in an action-oriented manner, wanting to turn them into some sort of magic spell which, if they did them diligently enough or for long enough or worked really, really hard at them, they could “earn" their jobs, houses, lovers, cars, money, etc.

    We point this out a lot on the Forum (perhaps you've noticed?): The only reason to do an Abraham Process is to “feel better.” That “better” feeling is how you know in any minute whether or not you're Allowing. And you may have seen (on the Forum or elsewhere) how people might accomplish their relief on their issue, thanks to a Process like a Focus Wheel, but then sort of undo that relief by thinking about how hard doing their Process was, which means that they're using their Process (or the fact that there are Processes) as their reason to hold themselves out of Step 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    New Message:
    Mind control doesn't work…
    So, this speaks to my point. It never was about “mind control.” It was (and is) ALWAYS about feeling better. Abraham have always been about working WITH these principles of the universe. “Mind control” is a sort of effort against these principles. The LoA doesn't let us do things which are much different than what we've practiced. When we talk about “mind control,” we're really talking about trying to reach further than the LoA will let us reach. That's why we talk about Marc’s tall building and taking the stairs of that building.

    So, I would agree with your conclusion: Mind control doesn't work. But leaning in the direction of your Vortex (and what you want) does. And Abraham still talk about that. Letting go of the oars does work and, although Abraham don't talk as much about Downstream, the idea of the Stream of Well-Being is still a valid and workable concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    …meditate every morning instead.
    This point of yours amuses me--and your point is accurate. It amuses me because it reminds me of how, about 5 years ago, when Abraham were beating the drum of momentum, it was such a novel concept for so many. It's all right that it was. But just like the concept of momentum, meditation has been around these teachings since the very beginning. If it were not for Esther's meditation, we would not be conversing with Abraham.

    But if you've been listening to the fuller, recent conversations, you'll have heard Abraham (after they've gone through the Steps of the Creative Process and after they've shared their observations about how we turned this material into WORK) talk about how that attitude of WORK, of “no pain, no gain,” of having to pay a really big price is the very opposite of "the art of Allowing" they are teaching.

    So, what's their solution? They talk about meditation, where you do NOTHING for 15-20 minutes a day. You can't get less “doing” and more Allowing than that.

    That doesn't mean that the other stuff is no longer helpful. If you've been listening to the fuller, recent conversations, they still talk about a lot of that, too. I recall some extended conversations about Tell a New Story and Find a BFT and Pivoting and the Placemat Process, all in recent Workshops. Because, even with their recent renewed emphasis on meditation, they confess that they don't want us to spend whole days in meditation. And despite their recent enthusiasm for meditation, they have--at the same time--teased a few HSer’s who have gone (or were about to go) on extended meditation retreats lasting 3, 7 or 11 days. We didn't come here to spend all day Focus Wheeling ourselves, they tell us, just as we didn't come here to spend a whole day (or a whole several days) in meditation.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    You can't change your thoughts, LOA won't let you,
    This is not exactly accurate, as a summary or as a reporting of what they're saying.

    As we've discussed, the LoA won't let you radically change your thoughts. That's why the approach of “mind control” isn't effective. But you can take your vibrational journey from where you towards where you want to be. And Abraham still talk about that. They even talk about meditation as a tool that you can use at points within your vibrational journey.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    Visualizing usually activates more of what you don't want than what you do want,...
    They have said this for as long as I can remember. It's why they don't teach “visualization” like other LoA teachers do.

    And one striking thing (to me) about your summaries is your omission of our emotional guidance system, which they still talk about at length, which is an important difference in their teachings (in comparison to other teachers) and which is essential in order to find the alignment that Abraham ALWAYS talk about.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:56 PM. Reason: Formatting

  4. #4
    FallenAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    540
    My interpretation of their latest emphasis on meditation is that people were getting all hung up on doing the processes, jumping onto discs and getting into Vortexes when the teachings aren't about getting anywhere at all. They are about resonating with Source. Rather than getting all balled up in whether we were doing all of those processes and jumping onto all those "high flying discs," Abraham suggests we just go straight to Source, which is what meditation is.

    BTW, Abraham still talks a lot about reaching for a better feeling thought and appreciation. I don't see that they've gotten away from those concepts at all.

  5. #5
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    So agreed with Marc, WB and FA.
    The core-message does not change a bit.

    But how we see the message, how we focus about it, how we apply it, how we understand it deepens and varies ALL THE TIME, -it must, when we want to grow within it. Sometimes, the focus is more about this-, and sometimes more about that specific goal within the teaching, and us getting new, deeper and deeper insights and more and more balance while dancing up the evolutionary circles between different focus-points makes us become masters, and that will never end.

    As we all move through time and become more, and as this teaching is a living and evolving teaching, contrary to an old "dead" book from the past (as so many religions and theories are), Abe guide the "body of students" GENERALLY to sometimes go more specific and just dive into the adventurous rush, and then there come times to chill out more, also.
    None of this momentary guidance excludes former advice, that still calls you, soothes you or resonates with you. It just helps you to be "up to speed" with what Abe know to be of most help for the most of us, HERE and NOW.

    It´s waves of inspirations, that create waves of focus in us students- like breathing, in and out.
    Like walking, sometimes it´s the left foot, sometimes the right foot, that gets trained by our teacher. And this training is helpful for those who move through time with Abe, and are closely watching and following Abe´s evolution of their work in interaction with their students.
    It´s "finetuning" as Abe have called it often.

    While we CAN NOT "get it wrong" anyway, and especially not when we just follow the core-message of reaching for relief/feeling better, aka care to "get happy, in any way you can" (Abe).



    A teaching that doesn´t evolve, is DEAD.


    HS (is it David? ) wonders how the teachings will change,
    when Esther croaks and can´t translate Abe, anymore.

    Abe:
    If you use the word Abraham-follower to Jerry, he´ll do everything
    he can, to stop that from happening.He does NOT want followers, nor
    does Esther, nor do we.
    What we are ALL about, from the first word Esther has translated for us,
    is igniting in you YOUR connection with that which we are.

    HS:
    And you´ve done that to perfection.

    Abe:
    And nothing would please us, or J and E more than to hear you say,
    one after the other: "Ive got it. I´m on my own".

    (... people come and talk about holding any teaching in it´s purity)
    And we say: Than it is DEAD!
    When you are trying to hold this precepts that have been laid out,
    by those who have figured it out, by the "Esther" of that religion,
    by the root of that religion, by the Christ, by the Buddha, by the Mohammed,
    by the who-ever it is, and we try to take what they have written,
    and we try to hold it STEADY and TRUE-

    -then we say: IT MUST DIE!

    Because nothing can stand still!
    Everything must evolve!
    This leading edge environment,
    that you are upon, is continually EVOLVING!
    Nothing thrills Jerry, or Esther, or Abraham more, than for someone
    to take the basis of what they are living and learning here, and APPLY IT
    through their own guidance-system.

    And then, to reach for something that has never even been discussed,
    in a Forum like this, under the title of Abraham Hicks-
    and to go far beyond!
    Iow, this is not the end of anything!

    There have been teachers before us, and there will be teachers
    after us, in this way. THIS is just one of the steps along the way.
    Please, do not try to make it more, than that.


    from the clip
    Abraham Hicks ~ What happens after Esther dies ~ No ads during video




    from the quote-collection
    Abe about the evolution of the Abe-teaching

  6. #6
    AnBrutico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    16
    Thank you all for the insight and feedback. Coming back through these answers felt so good.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    If you've listened to some of the fuller, recent recordings, you may have heard Abraham review these (usually, with comical speed, because a lot of us know these so well that we could say them ourselves).

    But then they continue and observe that we humans--being the diligent, action-oriented beings that we have practiced ourselves to be--started to turn their techniques (the ones on your list and more) into WORK, which is a very different vibration than the vibration of Allowing of Step 3. As a result, a lot of people approached the Processes in an action-oriented manner, wanting to turn them into some sort of magic spell which, if they did them diligently enough or for long enough or worked really, really hard at them, they could “earn" their jobs, houses, lovers, cars, money, etc.
    Yes! You're right, I've yet to listen to a seminar in it's entirety, so my entire knowledge base is the result of clips (old and new) as well as their books. I love that you've let me know that they acknowledge our tendency to turn the processes into work, because that is exactly my reaction to many of them. I have yet to ever do a focus wheel and the idea of doing one is so unappealing so this totally resonates.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, I would agree with your conclusion: Mind control doesn't work. But leaning in the direction of your Vortex (and what you want) does. And Abraham still talk about that. Letting go of the oars does work and, although Abraham don't talk as much about Downstream, the idea of the Stream of Well-Being is still a valid and workable concept.
    I love the analogy of taking the stairs of Marc's tall building. Perfect. And dropping the oars is still one of my most preferred method of dropping some negative momentum.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You can't get less “doing” and more Allowing than that.
    This is where I'm going to prod a little further. I agree you can't get less "doing" than meditation. But wouldn't positive emotion indicate faster moving energy in a positive energy and therefore more allowing than meditating. Like when Abraham has said they'd rather see us in a state of appreciation than meditation.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    This is not exactly accurate, as a summary or as a reporting of what they're saying.
    This (along with all the examples I posted for current teachings in the original post) was quoted directly from the mouth of Abraham, so it is actually a reporting of what they said, but perhaps it was specific to the situation with that particular hot seater.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    They have said this for as long as I can remember. It's why they don't teach “visualization” like other LoA teachers do.
    I would agree they don't teach it the way the other's do, however they do teach it to an extent that they have given the "virtual reality" process. And I am currently reading through "Money and the Law of Attraction" and am actually seeing them use the word visualize more often than expected. Again maybe those words were more specific to that hot seater?

    FallenAngel: Yes, thank you for the reminder that it really is about resonating with source. Perfect.

    Paradise-on-earth: I adore this -
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    It´s waves of inspirations, that create waves of focus in us students- like breathing, in and out.
    Like walking, sometimes it´s the left foot, sometimes the right foot, that gets trained by our teacher. And this training is helpful for those who move through time with Abe, and are closely watching and following Abe´s evolution of their work in interaction with their students. It´s "finetuning" as Abe have called it often.
    Thank you, definitely brought clarity I was looking for!

  7. #7
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post


    I would agree they don't teach it the way the other's do, however they do teach it to an extent that they have given the "virtual reality" process. And I am currently reading through "Money and the Law of Attraction" and am actually seeing them use the word visualize more often than expected. Again maybe those words were more specific to that hot seater?
    I´m glad I could serve you!
    And also, I agree that visualization is a BIG part of abe´s teaching. They have talked with great passion about it, often, here are a ton of quotes and specific descriptions of it from Abraham.

    Virtual Reality

    -They just add that visualization is a technique we ONLY should practice from ITV, otherwise it activates the unwanted side of the stick.


    You expected Passion and Exhilaration!
    That’s what Virtual Reality process can bring you back to!!

    Abraham-Hicks

  8. #8
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,557
    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    This is where I'm going to prod a little further.

    Sure! Let's do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    I agree you can't get less "doing" than meditation. But wouldn't positive emotion indicate faster moving energy in a positive energy and therefore more allowing than meditating.

    And that's the sort of turning this into WORK that Abraham are trying to counteract with their recent focus on the “nothing” of meditation.

    “Faster moving energy” isn't your job. Faster moving energy (in either a wanted or unwanted direction) is a natural consequence of LoA. Energy moves because LoA responds to our focus and brings to us more which match our vibration and our focus (essentially the same thing). It's that matching “more” which causes energy to become “faster.”

    Step 3-Allowing is our only job. You already Asked. That's done. For most of us, that was done a long time ago. Step 2 is not your job. That's the LoA's job or the universe’s job. All that's left in the creative process is Step 3. You are either Allowing or not. (If you're not, that's called “resisting.”) And the way you tell whether you're Allowing is by how you feel. (I'm emphasizing that important piece because it's being left out of this conversation so far and you can't apply any of these teachings with your emotional guidance system.)

    Abraham talks about this aspect of “faster moving energy” when they talk about “the cork.” The cork's natural tendency is to rise. That's a natural, innate quality of the cork. Your natural tendency is to Allow. That's a natural, innate quality of you.

    When you let go of the cork, it naturally rises to the surface of the water. You don't have to get a device to make the cork rise. You don't have to add more buoyancy. You simply have to stop holding the cork in opposition to its natural, innate quality.

    It's the same thing with us and our vibration. Allowing is our natural, innate state of being. If we stop doing “that thing we do” which holds our cork under the water, our cork will naturally rise up the Scale. The Processes (even meditation) are simply tools that we can use to help us let go of our corks.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    Like when Abraham has said they'd rather see us in a state of appreciation than meditation.

    Yes, they would rather see us in a state of Appreciation (capitalized to remind us that Appreciation is a vibration and a point on the Scale) than in a state of meditation. But you and I have just discussed Marc's tall building. A reason why Marc came up with that story is because, when you're not in the vicinity of Appreciation, then Appreciation is not a useful “goal” in that moment. That would be trying to leap to the top floor of Marc's tall building, rather than taking the stairs.

    Allow me to share a (recent) quote with you, which really speaks both to this piece of your question as well as this whole conversation:

    [To an HSer asking about Appreciation]
    Abe: Appreciation, if you're already on that vibe. But if you're in Impatience and you get into a mode of Appreciation, sometimes you do the opposite of what you intend. It's called “efforting” or “trying too hard.”

    So, here's the distinction. If you are getting into the mode of Appreciation, just because a mode of Appreciation feels good and adds to the satisfaction of the moment, that's lovely. Do it!

    But if you're goosing up your Appreciation in order to make it happen faster, that's counterproductive. Can you feel the difference? [To the audience] Did you feel the difference?

    That's so big. Anything that you do that enhances your satisfaction [Emphasis mine.], do it because now you're stable in your vibration, now you're stable in the unfolding, now you’re letting things naturally unfold. But if you’re [talking for us] “OK, I’ll do this to goose it up because I’m impatient with what hasn’t happened yet (Same conversation we just had with a friend a moment ago, isn’t it?)”--

    HS: Ohhhh, OK, so it’s sat--

    Abe: That’s why this conversation is so perfect on the heels of that conversation.

    HS: I understand. So, it’s satisfaction for the sake of--

    Abe: [finishing his sentence in agreement] --of satisfaction. Not for the sake of making something happen. “No ulterior motive in my satisfaction.”

    [An imaginary conversation to illustrate this for us]:

    “You’re so happy. Why are you so happy?”
    “[in a pinched-off tone] Because that’s how I get things done.” [Laughter] “[continued tone]I used to ornery all the time but now I’m happy, happy, happy.”

    [to the HSer:] Those were perfect words. Say it again. Satisfaction….

    HS: Satisfaction for the sake of satisfaction [Abraham sighs] and nothing more.

    Abe: [sighing] And nothing more. And why? Cuz that’s enough. And why? Cuz Step 1 already happened and Step 2 already happened. And satisfaction is Step 3.

    HS: Ahhh, OK. OK.

    Abe: For the sake of satisfaction and nothing more, why? “Because I already Asked. I don’t have to do that anymore. Source already answered. I don’t have to beg or pray or plead. Just be satisfied.

    HS: All I need to do is just be satisfied.

    Abe: All you want to do.

    HS: All I want to do.

    Abe: All you want to do. [HSer agrees.] If you need to do it--

    [playing]
    “What are you doing?”
    [through gritted teeth] “I’m being satisfied.” [Laughter]
    “Why are you being satisfied?”
    “[again, through gritted teeth] Because I need to be satisfied,” [fun] “in order to get what I want.”

    --Abraham, San Diego, 8/19/17


    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    This (along with all the examples I posted for current teachings in the original post) was quoted directly from the mouth of Abraham, so it is actually a reporting of what they said, but perhaps it was specific to the situation with that particular hot seater.

    Maybe it was specific to that particular HSer or maybe it was a sentence that was further clarified in the context of the entire conversation. You would know that better than I because you’ve directly heard that conversation. Pulling a single sentence (even if it's quoted verbatim) from all that Abraham have said can easily lead us to conclusions that are different than what Abraham are actually saying. In fact, we recently had an excellent example of that here on the Forum, where a direct quote, as posted, suggested one idea but, when put in the context of the full context of the conversation, had a different interpretation.

    You'll notice that I qualified my disagreement and I explained my qualifier. The LoA won't let us radically change our thoughts (as your phrase “mind control” suggest) but we do have some flexibility to reach for BFTs. That's why “taking the stairs” works.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    I would agree they don't teach it the way the other's do, however they do teach it to an extent that they have given the "virtual reality" process.

    I'm going to gently suggest that you re-read Abraham's instructions for the Virtual Reality Process. Abraham have several instructions for that Process which change that Process significantly from the way that “visualization” is typically taught.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnBrutico View Post
    And I am currently reading through "Money and the Law of Attraction" and am actually seeing them use the word visualize more often than expected. Again maybe those words were more specific to that hot seater?

    They often are.

  9. #9
    AnBrutico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    16
    Ok, if you're willing to hit this back and forth again, I am still a bit sideways.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    “Faster moving energy” isn't your job. Faster moving energy (in either a wanted or unwanted direction) is a natural consequence of LoA. Energy moves because LoA responds to our focus and brings to us more which match our vibration and our focus (essentially the same thing). It's that matching “more” which causes energy to become “faster.”
    Yes, totally get this. Agreed that moving energy is not my job. Agreed it is a consequence of the LOA responding to my focus. Agreed that my job is to allow, and I know I'm allowing by how I feel. Yes to all of this.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Abraham talks about this aspect of “faster moving energy” when they talk about “the cork.” The cork's natural tendency is to rise. That's a natural, innate quality of the cork. Your natural tendency is to Allow. That's a natural, innate quality of you.

    When you let go of the cork, it naturally rises to the surface of the water. You don't have to get a device to make the cork rise. You don't have to add more buoyancy. You simply have to stop holding the cork in opposition to its natural, innate quality.

    It's the same thing with us and our vibration. Allowing is our natural, innate state of being. If we stop doing “that thing we do” which holds our cork under the water, our cork will naturally rise up the Scale. The Processes (even meditation) are simply tools that we can use to help us let go of our corks.
    This is what my life experience has not shown me. Because LOA is reacting to my focus, but what I focus on is still something that I must deliberately direct. Meaning if I get up, meditate in the morning, and then just let my mind grab onto whatever thread it feels like attaching to, unless I have the intention of guiding it toward feeling good, won't my practiced thoughts (or momentum) just carry it back in the same old direction thus creating more of the same? I guess I'm having a hard time with the concept of the cork naturally rising without any intervention (or intention) on my part (i.e. looking for better feeling thoughts). I'm having a hard time articulating what I mean.

    Like with Marc's tall building (I so love this analogy) I wake up, my point of attraction is somewhere around the landing of the second floor. I meditate. Come out of meditation. According to the cork theory my thoughts would start up the stairs because our cork will naturally rise up the scale. But my practiced vibration is down the stairs (that is where I came from after all) so left alone wouldn't my thoughts naturally start heading down? Don't I need to direct them to go up, or at least set the intention to focus that way?

    Gah! I honestly can't put words clearly to what I'm meaning. Hoping this is close enough.

    That being said, I ADORE the quote you attached. And so fitting that you did, because along with the increased mention of meditation, I have also made note of their increased use of "satisfaction" so you showed me what I was already noticing (fancy that!). And I love the feeling of satisfaction, it feels so easy. BUT I feel the same about satisfaction as the cork. I can get to satisfaction, but then I just float in satisfaction. Just hovering there.

    Ok I'm done repeating myself with different words. I truly appreciate your insights.

  10. #10
    AnBrutico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    16
    Ok coming back to think out loud after receiving some thoughts while brushing my teeth that are maybe why the cork idea is not clicking.

    If I get into a place of satisfaction, but don't hold any positive expectation, would anything move? How big a role does positive expectation play? (large I believe). Can't you hold positive expectation and feel generally lousy and still attract what you expect? And vice versa? Or you can have positive expectation about a certain area (say finances) and have your reality reflect that, and have no positive expectation or negative expectation about an area (say health) and have your reality in that area diminish? And so meditation without any of the "work" (focus of attention in a way that brings positive expectation) can leave you feeling satisfied but stagnant?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •