Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarity about processes

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anything Is Possible View Post
    For me when I'm stuck in resistance, I just bring acceptance and allowance to the feelings and thoughts, and pretty soon I'm feeling better.
    yes, thatīs meant with "relax into it". Let it be, as you are where you are, donīt push against it. And then, in this ease, things lift off, vanish, raise or turn around, in their perfect own way, all by themselves.

However in the Phoenix workshop, I think there was a segment where the HSer asked whether she had to wait until the next day if she got stuck in some resistance. Sorry I don't have the exact wording. But Abraham said, “You sort of do, you sort of do.”

So then I was wondering, what about using the processes? Now of course they could have meant that this lady in particular couldn't do that so easily, as she was especially troublesome. But I was just curious about that.
    This is where the context of the actual conversation is really helpful because we don't really know what Abe's "You sort of do" refers to. It's important to keep in mind that every HS conversation is two simultaneous conversations: with the individual HSer and with the general audience. Without that awareness and without the context of Abe's comments, when we pull out a soundbite from Abe, even on the "same" question from different HSers, it can appear like Abe are contradicting themselves. However, when we add back in the fullness of the respective conversations, we understand that there is no contradiction.

For me when I'm stuck in resistance, I just bring acceptance and allowance to the feelings and thoughts, and pretty soon I'm feeling better.
    So, you shift your focus away from your resistance. That's all the Processes help us do. It's no different from cooking. Some people like to follow recipes, others don't. As long as the results are pleasing, it doesn't matter which method was used.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, you shift your focus away from your resistance. That's all the Processes help us do. It's no different from cooking. Some people like to follow recipes, others don't. As long as the results are pleasing, it doesn't matter which method was used.
    As a follow-on to my previous reply, this is why our refrain of "feel better" is so apt. All of us are complex beings, living complex lives in a complex world. Each one of us are about a whole variety of things. If we understand that our intention is to "feel better" in this moment and in this moment and in this moment and in this moment and we have a variety of tools we can use to help ourselves fulfill our intention in those different moments, then we can get out into our worlds (as Abraham have also been emphasizing in those same conversations about meditation), explore the Contrast (as we had intended) and be able to fulfill our "feel better" intention, all at the same time. Then the world is a much less scary place because we show ourselves our own ability to manage our alignment under more and more circumstances. Then we understand--through our own personal experience--that it's our alignment which gives us our security and stability (and all our other stuff).

This is less likely for most of us to accomplish if we only have one tool in our vibrational toolbox.

Hi WellBeing,

I just found it. It's in the segment, About Negative Emotion, starting at about 2 minutes 32 seconds in.

HS: “So I have to live the rest of the day with that thing going on, just building on it?”

Abraham: “You sort of do. You sort of do.”

Yes there is obviously more, but that's the segment it came from. It's on disc 2, track 5.

I'm just bringing it up because I'd like to understand how it fits into Abraham's entire body of teaching.

Hi WellBeing,

I just found it. It's in the segment, About Negative Emotion, starting at about 2 minutes 32 seconds in.

HS: “So I have to live the rest of the day with that thing going on, just building on it?”

Abraham: “You sort of do. You sort of do.”

Yes there is obviously more, but that's the segment it came from. It's on disc 2, track 5.

I'm just bringing it up because I'd like to understand how it fits into Abraham's entire body of teaching.
    There was a segment like this when Abe was intense about teaching us the morning process. They taught that we have to live with our resistance until the next morning. And then, Esther didnīt take it anymore, and insisted to REALLY shift her vibe with another process, and Abe applauded it- and pointed out that caring for NOTHING as much as for feeling good really is the most crucial point of their teaching.

I was puzzled about this back- and forth-stuff of them, and to be true, I didnīt follow it (in the same way that Esther didnīt). I was clear that I was not willing to feel bad a whole day, just to do the morning-process in itīs pureness, when itīs so easy to soothe myself instead.
    And I think THAT is exactly Abeīs point:

To get us into a stance where we -on our own- not as "obedient students", DECIDE to care about feeling good above everything else. Decide what YOU like better, and take what it needs to FEEL better, as fast as you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    There was a segment like this when Abe was intense about teaching us the morning process. They taught that we have to live with our resistance until the next morning. And then, Esther didnīt take it anymore, and insisted to REALLY shift her vibe with another process, and Abe applauded it- and pointed out that caring for NOTHING as much as for feeling good really is the most crucial point of their teaching.

I was puzzled about this back- and forth-stuff of them, and to be true, I didnīt follow it (in the same way that Esther didnīt). I was clear that I was not willing to feel bad a whole day, just to do the morning-process in itīs pureness, when itīs so easy to soothe myself instead.

To get us into a stance where we -on our own- not as "obedient students", DECIDE to care about feeling good above everything else. Decide what YOU like better, and take what it needs to FEEL better, as fast as you desire.
    I was looking for that exact interaction, but havenīt yet found it. But here are 2 other quotes from the same time, that speak to the same thing. They might be helpful:

Esther had to WANT ALIGNMENT enough,
    And be willing to focus somehow someway, to get into alignment!

(...) Weīr not ever going to say to you, that you could stand in an uncomfortable place and feel good about where you are standing. But what we ARE saying to you, is: You have the ability to focus yourself in a way, that you can get ITV no matter what. And when you get ITV, it doesnīt matter where you are!

They spent 3, almost 4 of the best days of their life-experience EVER in a trailer-park, with no view, with some oil-vale or something, making awful smells, in a state of SUBLIME CONNECTION.

Because they focussed themselves into connection.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks: Explains the process of how to feel good now!

Let your desire for pleasure,
    your desire for feeling good
    be your only guiding light.

Abraham

This is what I “heard” (quotation marks because of how it came through to me) in one of the recent workshops: focusing on how you feel and trying to raise your vibration is also work, also action. It is just not the same as physical action. I think they were addressing our tendency to want to be active and do something. They were kind of saying, if you want to do something, do the focusing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    This is what I “heard” (quotation marks because of how it came through to me) in one of the recent workshops: focusing on how you feel and trying to raise your vibration is also work, also action. It is just not the same as physical action. I think they were addressing our tendency to want to be active and do something. They were kind of saying, if you want to do something, do the focusing work.
    yes, exactly.
    Focusing on faith, trust, chilling out, relaxing- "quieting your mind" from all negativity and struggle.

It comes back to what they called some time ago "the neutral zone".

<snip>

I don't have that recording, so I can't help you here.

You haven't really brought us the context, just the question and the answer. As I mentioned, if we're only extracting the question and the answer, it can seem that Abraham contradict themselves. A great example of this are people who bring to us Abraham's answer to "Should I vaccinate my child?" where sometimes they answer "Yes" to a HSer and other times they answer "No" to another HSer and still other times they don't answer that question directly. If we were to look just at the question and the answers, it's easy to get confused. When we put the question and the answer back into the context of the whole conversation, a very different understanding emerges. [ETA: And I pointed out another example of this out on the first page of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    In fact, we recently had an excellent example of that here on the Forum, where a direct quote, as posted, suggested one idea but, when put in the context of the full context of the conversation, had a different interpretation.
    ETA: And isn't this a microcosm of what Abraham teach us in the first place? Don't Abraham teach us to guide our focus towards what we want and then line up with it, so that we can translate the Knowing of our IB? What do you want here? What can you find, in the conversation that you're listening to, that supports what you want?

In a lot of ways, it's really interesting we have a discussion forum for these teachings, when a main tenet of these teachings is line up with and receive the wisdom of your IB. And, sure, there are many of us who are happy to be the Step 2 component through which your answers flow. But in some ways, we might be doing you a disservice, if we're training you to rely on our answers, rather than you lining up with the answers you've put in your Vortex. I'm not saying this to halt discussion on this discussion forum, but to remind you that, if our answers aren't yet satisfactory for you, you have another option for your satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post

Thanks POE, this makes a lot of sense.