Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Moving to freedom around income

  1. #1

    Moving to freedom around income

    Hello


    I have well practised resistance where I equate work to bondage for money. I essentially feel I sell my freedom for pittance.


    Wow, that was hard to actually write and yet, here I am.


    I have been using the processes consistently over the last few weeks (focus wheel, recording my own soothing affirmations, writing up the egs) re-reading the books and I have had the joy of meeting people in the workplace on the high flying disc. I also have a second outlet for self employment that is in the baby stages of development.


    But the majority of my vibration around income is one of feeling utter bondage. And I know this because my reality is reflecting that back to me.


    I really want to feel better wherever I may stand. I’ve been step oneing for a year on this so I know I have a liberating, fun and satisfying way of having an income in my vortex.


    I have had jobs that were fun and interesting in the past so I know that’s possible. My favourite time of all, my favourite by so far that made my heart soar is when I was a stay at home mother but I also had no income so had to return to work.


    So...moving forward and up that scale...
    Should I focus on the bits of freedom I feel in work? E.g. I can go for a run at lunch or I can go meditate in my car for my break?


    Or should I focus on freedom that flows to me despite work? E.g my breathing has nothing to do with work, my heart pumping blood has nothing to do with work, the sun shining has nothing to do with work.


    I want to stand in my fullness knowing that my freedom is guaranteed and that my abundance is guaranteed and I don’t have to give up one for the other.


    I know I am not the only one who feels this way so perhaps my doing some of my ‘work’ on it here on the forum might benefit others as well as any helpful guidance I might get.


    Thanks in advance






  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    Should I focus on the bits of freedom I feel in work? E.g. I can go for a run at lunch or I can go meditate in my car for my break?

    Or should I focus on freedom that flows to me despite work? E.g my breathing has nothing to do with work, my heart pumping blood has nothing to do with work, the sun shining has nothing to do with work.
    Whichever allows you to feel relief in that moment. Which will allow you to feel better in this moment? Select that one.


    Moderator's note: Since this is a continuation of the discussion you already have open on this topic, I've merged your new thread with your existing thread.

  3. #3
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,802
    this quotes might inspire you to see the fun, freedom, the treasure you could find in "work".


    Work or Play?

    So, it’s Saturday morning and you have a long list of things that need to be done AND this is the only opportunity AND they want to play.

    Do you want them to play or do you want them to do their chores, WHICH is a virtuous thing?

    And how do you counsel them, do you say ‘Kids, PLAY!’ or do you say ‘Kids, we’ve got some things that need to be done and when we get our work done then we can play.’ -What is it, folks? In other words, YOU CAN’T KID US, WE READYOUR ENERGY!!!!!!!!!

    You DO think that work is more virtuous and that play is more frivolous, and while you want to give yourselves permission to play, you’ve been programmed to believe that play is only when the work is done.

    And we’re wanting you to realize, whether you call it play or work ,
    -let’s not call it play or work anymore,
    let’s call it satisfaction,
    let’s call it meaningful experience,
    let’s call it joyous moments in time,
    let’s call it mining opportunities to feel good!


    We think it’s the differentiation between my free time and my bondage time, that is at issue here.

    9/23/02






    Vibrational Foreplay instead of "banging it into shape"

    (Esther thought that...) Imagination is something to be conjured, in order to affect an emotion. Iow, "Let me use my imagination to create a feeling and/or let me use my imagination in order to affect an outcome. Let me use my imagination in order to create something."

    And now she´s beginning to understand, that her work- yours, too, is to

    CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE that is fertile for the imagination TO GROW.

    So she´s beginning to understand that thinking, that imagination is a MANIFESTATION of having achieved a vibration, rather than the TOOL to achieve the vibration- can you feel the difference?

    So she´s beginning to understand that thinking is RECEIVING, not PROJECTING!

    The majority of thoughts are the receiving of thoughts. And it must be- unless you are thinking the original thought- and you´r not! You are NOT thinking the original thought. There is so much thought that is culminating right where you are.

    What´s YOUR reception? Where are you, in terms of the receiving of this thought? What have you been doing, in order to create that fertility, that allows the receiving- the reception?

    So, in the sexual context, what we´r really talking about is in EVERY subject, in every avenue of your life: just get some good foreplay going on!!! Iow, PREPARE yourself for the receiving!

    Prepare yourself for the receiving. Don´t go forwards into anything in demanding it, or justifying it, or explaining it- prepare yourself for the RECEIVING of it, you see.

    Think of yourself as the receivers.

    The thought that you are receiving is the manifestation of a vibrational frequency that you have practiced and allowed. (...) It´ll take a bit of a practice, because you are accustomed to going after things. You are accustomed to to MAKING THINGS HAPPEN. And when you begin studying with us, and we say "you create your own reality", and we call it things like "the science of deliberate creation", you then apply your same tactics that haven´t worked for you very well, out there in the action-oriented world to THIS, as well.

    And it takes you so far. it takes you a little further, than maybe you went before- but it DOES NOT take you to the place you want to go! It doesn´t take you to that clarity, you see. Think about it. THINK about it, in terms of sexual transmutation, THINK about the feeling of finding that vibrational place, and allowing- in a sort of effortless way, that delicious ease of all things realized by you. Not demanding it, not insisting on it, not forcing it, not efforting it. Just ALLOWING it, moment by moment by moment by moment by moment.


    Every moment of your experience is a manifestational moment!
    Every moment.

    What you are perceiving here, the theater that you are in, the vessel that you are upon, the ocean that you are moving through, EVERYTHING that you are perceiving -this is manifestation! Manifestation that you are translating from vibration INTO all of this, you see! So as you have soothed yourself into the fullness of who you really are, so that ALL OF YOU is having this manifestational moment,

    FEEL THE RICHNESS, the fullness, the wholeness, the depth, the breadth,
    the satisfaction of this manifested moments.


    from the clip Abraham Hicks ~ Rampage of Sexy




    (when you´r on the HFD, and people ask: )
    "Why are you so happy?"

    -you don´t say "because I don´t go to work."
    That´s NOT the answer you give!

    from the clip
    Abraham Hicks ~ Decisive decision making



    HS:
    I want financial independence.

    Abe:
    Independence from bondage?

    HS:
    No, independence from the corporate world.

    Abe:
    -Independence from bondage!
    So, you´ve got some vibration of bondage going on!






    Bored in your job?
    -Don´t you believe that there is a Treasure, EVERYWHERE?


    Abe teach a HS who is bored about his work how to not look at what is boring, but to try finding "the treasures" in his tasks, as:

    "Who! -Could this be an information for me?
    Could the be something hidden, between the lines?"

    Esther is watching the World-series. And Esther is discover things about what Abraham teach that are evident in EVERYTHING that is happening on that Baseball-field. It´s NOT just a baseball-game! It´s evidence of the laws of the Universe. It´s evidence of momentum. It´s evidence of the way that the energy is flowing. It´s evidence of how that person feels, right here right now. It´s evidence, of the momentum of the crowd.
    It´s evidence of EVERYTHING that she´s come to know!

    And the satisfaction-factor in watching... Esther has previously described baseball-games as equivalent to watching paint dry. But not this time! There is ALWAYS the ability to comprehend, on a deeper level for WHATEVER it is that you are focused upon. And when you cut yourself off from that, you can´t help but have but help an unpleasant time!

    HS:
    Ok, yes.

    (...) Abe:
    Conditional seeking out of life- which is, I seek out good conditions to observe, so that I can have a goodfeeling response to what I am observing TRAPS YOU. Because it makes you need only good conditions, in order to feel good. But achieving alignment, anyway FREES you, to the entire spectrum of life, and this planet, and this participants, on it.

    There are riches for you, in the most unlikely places.

    And when you discover them- ohhh, then, a plethora of possible things is then to be discovered EVERYWHERE! So, if you were on a treasurehunt, and all the treasures were just laying on top of the ground for everyone to see, and so it just became a mad dash to see, who could elbow-each others out of the way to scoop up the treasures, think about the satisfaction-factor in THAT.

    Or think about the treasures, being disguised and hidden, where only intuitive, tuned in people can find them. And imagine yourself, tuned in. Imagine others, tuned in, too! Imagine watching the discovery, for yourself and others of this treasures. And measure the satisfaction-factor!

    You didn´t say: "I want the treasures to be obvious."
    You just said: "I want treasures!"

    And we know for SURE that this treasure called "Satisfaction" is in soo many places, that people don´t allow it, because they made up their mind: "There is no treasure, here. There is no treasure, here!"

    Well, if you believe there is no treasure here, you are not gonna find one. But if you believe there´s a treasure EVERYWHERE...
    ... it might be worth 8 hrs of editing to find it! Because when you find it, it will feel worth it!
    (laughter).

    (...) Esther heard someone say the other day about these gatherings, that a lot of the same things keeps happening, here. And Esther was astonished. Because, she finds the treasures in EVERY CONVERSATION! In every conversation there is something, that has not been said before, or she did not understand, before. EVERY SINGLE TIME!

    There is not a moment of your life that´s not rich with treasures that your IB has found- and so, boredom is you, not in sync with your IB! Confusion is you, not in sync with your IB. Lethargy, complacency, is you, not being in sync with your IB!



    Atlanta October 2017, from the clipAbraham Hicks - Often the Story You Tell is the Problem

  4. #4
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,556
    Some other comments for you to think about:

    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    But the majority of my vibration around income is one of feeling utter bondage. And I know this because my reality is reflecting that back to me.
    Great. Good for you for recognizing this.

    Now, the piece that you want to next get to is recognizing this from your emotional guidance and from the thoughts that you're thinking when you are creating your emotional guidance. IOW, when you feel your Frustration or your Anger or your Powerlessness or even your "worse," if you can stop and pay attention and ask yourself, "What thoughts was I just thinking?" you'll start to become aware of your thoughts before they are manifesting into conditions that you can observe in your reality. It's all right that you are observing your manifesting conditions in your reality but then it becomes a little harder (for most of us) to observe around our manifesting conditions. Our lives are such that we then have to deal with our manifesting conditions.

    So, by getting into the habit of paying attention to how you feel and to the thoughts that you're thinking which are creating the emotions you're feeling, you can get out ahead of your manifestations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I have had jobs that were fun and interesting in the past so I know that’s possible.
    Ooo! Talk to us more about them! What made them fun for you? Why did you find them interesting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    My favourite time of all, my favourite by so far that made my heart soar is when I was a stay at home mother but I also had no income so had to return to work.
    This is a wonderful example for my reply to you. (BTW, check out our Money TIPS... thread where we have a wonderful example of a stay-at-home mom [counting pennies for diapers] completely turning around her money vibration.)

    So, how does this feel?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    My favourite time of all, my favourite by so far that made my heart soar is when I was a stay at home mother...
    And compare that feeling to how this feels:
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    ...but I also had no income so had to return to work.
    Can you feel the difference between the two?

    "But" is a really helpful word when doing this "work." The word "but" is a unique conjunction. Not only does it put two thought/vibrations together (a lot of words do that) but "but" has the unique property of contradicting what comes before it. To put this into Abraham's terminology, you plunked an engine down on one end of your train and then you plunked another engine down on the other end of your train, so your train "stands still." (We never stand still. We might move into a new place which, for all intents and purposes, looks the same as the place we just were, but we did move.)

    So, going back to how I started this reply, when you get into the habit of paying attention to how you feel as you think/write (writing tends to be easiest at first, for most people)/say your thoughts and you can notice which idea feels "better" and which feels "worse," you can start to use that skill to say (staying with your excellent example)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    My favourite time of all, my favourite by so far that made my heart soar is when I was a stay at home mother...
    "That idea feels really, really good to me. I can even feel a little bit of my heart soaring in my memory..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    but I also had no income so had to return to work.
    "...and this idea feels less good to me, so I'm going to (as best I can) withdraw my attention from that second piece and give more attention of my attention to the first piece."

    Then you'll be adding an engine here and an engine here and an engine here (and maybe an engine over there, because you don't have to get it perfect and you're not likely to get it perfect right off the bat). As you start adding more engines to your Wanted end of your train, then you will feel your train start to move in the direction of your Wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I want to stand in my fullness knowing that my freedom is guaranteed and that my abundance is guaranteed and I don’t have to give up one for the other.
    This is a great ultimate goal and it needn't take you a "long" time to get there. However, it would be unhelpful to you now to use this as any sort of measuring stick from where you are now. That would be trying to jump from the ground floor to the very top floor of Marc's tall building.

    You've heard us talk about "taking the stairs," I'm sure. So, an example of "taking the stairs" in your situation might be for you, as you go about your day, look for (and really notice for yourself) all the evidence of the freedom that you now already have. And you might want to give yourself the broadest possible definition of what "freedom" looks like to you. You can do the same thing with "abundance" (and you'll probably have to, at first, broaden your definition of "abundance"). You saw that I said "really notice." That's key. Because the human tendency is to, at first, dismiss this evidence because we're sort of used to it. It's part of the scenery, if you will. Don't fall into that trap.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:10 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Whichever allows you to feel relief in that moment. Which will allow you to feel better in this moment? Select that one.


    Moderator's note: Since this is a continuation of the discussion you already have open on this topic, I've merged your new thread with your existing thread.
    WellBeing, I think Getting-Better and Getting Happier are different users, aren't they? Then the thread shouldn't be merged.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,556

    Moderator's note

    Welcome out of lurking, Aber!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aber View Post
    WellBeing, I think Getting-Better and Getting Happier are different users, aren't they? Then the thread shouldn't be merged.
    Yes, thank you, they are. Good catch, thank you.

    The threads have been separated.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Welcome out of lurking, Aber!



    Yes, thank you, they are. Good catch, thank you.

    The threads have been separated.
    Hello!
    You're welcome.

  8. #8
    Well spotted Aber. I actually spotted the same, but thought that I am clearly meant to read the communication between Wellbeing and Getting-Better. I found it very useful, in particular the split energy part of ‘I must go to work for money, but I hate going to work’. And the reminder that it is never ever the circumstance that is inappropriate, it is always the disconnection from Source that feels rotten.

    Thank you POE for the colourful quotations, they are always helpful and uplifting.

    Wellbeing, very helpful post thank you.

    What I gather from it is that its okay to acknowledge those negative thoughts as negative and to gently turn them in the stream. I feel I have been slightly panicking when I hear those thoughts trying to turn turn turn to joy, which is of course, upstream.

    Linking the fear I feel to the thoughts I’m speaking at the time is very interesting and something I had not done before. Its connecting the dots. My thoughts centre around ‘how can I pay my bills and my mortgage when I have not figured out another source of income’ . So hence is my resistance for me to try to move up the egs. I think I feel kind of stuck on how to move that up the egs. I mean if I cant pay my bills how could I phrase that to myself that would cause relief. But then it has not happened so I am off an a tangent of fear…I feel relief when I write how work is not inappropriate and it is not inappropriate for me to be here. I am simply meeting this manifestation because our vibrations match. This was here when I wanted it and so forth. I have a few pages written with words of relief around work and they feel good to me.

    The jobs I loved, oh, I do enjoy talking about this and yet I never milk those good feelings. I loved these jobs. I really got to get my creative juices going. I learned so much about things I am interested in. I loved each day learning and the exciting projects that I worked on. I got to explore areas I am interested in. I got to meet lots of celebrities. Every week I used to go to a beautiful home of a prominent celebrity in the country I live in. He has a bad reputation as bad tempered but I found him an absolute joy. He was always so kind to me. His house in a beautiful prosperous area was stunning and because I love architecture so much I really appreciated it. I loved my manager, we had a great relationship. She loved my enthusiasm. I got to go to celebrity glamorous events which I loved because I love glitz and glam. The work was based in really affluent areas and I loved the bug cars and houses I would see daily. Lots of feeling of the free flow of wealth. Which added to my vortex because it is in my vortex to live in an area like that. Wow – that was marvellous milking and felt great. (and no buts added at the end!)

    My favourite of all is being a stay at home mum. Going to the playground every day, listening to the laughter, walks in nature, taking care of my home like feathering our nest. I wrote a book about this it felt so good. Being with my favourite person in the whole world every day. Watching his connection to his Source. Feeling my own connection to Source when with him. Going on adventures together. In total harmony with each other. Every milestone like a fire in my heart. Soaring, soaring soaring….

    Rather than try to jump to the top of Marc’s building as you suggest, which is wise, because I definitely do that, I am going to praise myself for watching my mood today and going downstream where possible. I am going to remind myself that I am not doing this to make anything happen (common resistance I come up against) but to just feel those better feeling thoughts that are available.

    I did the morning process today. However, when I am first awake, my mind does jump to the previous day. I find myself fighting those thoughts to turn to positive ones ‘I am alive, my heart is beating, my body is thriving’, but it just seems like hollow words to me. I am doing the best I can to ‘put on my mood’ and find the feeling place. But I do find as I get into my car in the dark and pouring rain resistant thoughts coming of how I would rather not be doing that and having to go to work.

    I have really made a conscious effort to go downstream so far today and as suggested, I have a notebook with me all day where I have a freedom column on one side and an abundance column on the other and I am writing down all aspects of both that I find in my day. Consciously looking and acknowledging when I see them. Really having a great day so far and I know I am the one who is allowing that goodness to flow to me. It feels good to have this forum to my back, knowing this is here for me, until I get confident enough to fly on my own wings.

    Re-reading Money Tips today…

  9. #9
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    The jobs I loved, oh, I do enjoy talking about this and yet I never milk those good feelings. I loved these jobs. I really got to get my creative juices going. I learned so much about things I am interested in. I loved each day learning and the exciting projects that I worked on. I got to explore areas I am interested in. I got to meet lots of celebrities. Every week I used to go to a beautiful home of a prominent celebrity in the country I live in. He has a bad reputation as bad tempered but I found him an absolute joy. He was always so kind to me. His house in a beautiful prosperous area was stunning and because I love architecture so much I really appreciated it. I loved my manager, we had a great relationship. She loved my enthusiasm. I got to go to celebrity glamorous events which I loved because I love glitz and glam. The work was based in really affluent areas and I loved the bug cars and houses I would see daily. Lots of feeling of the free flow of wealth. Which added to my vortex because it is in my vortex to live in an area like that. Wow – that was marvellous milking and felt great. (and no buts added at the end!)

    My favourite of all is being a stay at home mum. Going to the playground every day, listening to the laughter, walks in nature, taking care of my home like feathering our nest. I wrote a book about this it felt so good. Being with my favourite person in the whole world every day. Watching his connection to his Source. Feeling my own connection to Source when with him. Going on adventures together. In total harmony with each other. Every milestone like a fire in my heart. Soaring, soaring soaring….
    So, let's start here, because this is--to me--the most interesting part of your post.

    So, remember (because you DID here) that Abraham's only one answer is to feel better. You did that. You decided that this was something that you wanted to do and that you thought would be beneficial to you. You accomplished what you had intended to do. You were SUCCESSFUL. And you KNOW it was beneficial to you because you felt better (Can there be a more apt definition of “beneficial” than that?) In that moment. Your soaring feeling is your proof that this was beneficial to you.

    So, that was the most important piece that I wanted to say here, but there's another (almost as) important piece I want to say here as well. I know that you remember that the LoA brings to us (thoughts, ideas, people, things, opportunities, places) which match our focus. You also remember that when we feel “better,” we’re focusing towards what we want. So, when you shift from--say--limp to “soaring,” you are focusing more towards your wanted (even if you don't want those particular jobs any more).

    This is why withdrawing your focus from an ISSUE and focusing instead on something which is easy for you to feel “good” about (like fluffy bunnies) works.

    Now, let's remember Abraham's 17+17+17+17=64 seconds. That's the time it takes to start vibrational momentum. (Yeah, it's less now but since Abraham don't wear watches that number keeps moving around of late.) Now, it had to take you more than 64 seconds to think of, write and type that. You shifted your vibration AND gave it a new momentum. Now, it's not your job to give anything momentum. That's the LoA's job. But I think it's worth remembering that this, too, was going on as a result of your “work.”

    So, let's play a game. Below is your “work.” I'm going to ask you some questions and, if it feels better for you to contemplate and answer my questions (You don't have to post them here.) do so:
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    The jobs I loved, oh, I do enjoy talking about this and yet I never milk those good feelings. I loved these jobs. I really got to get my creative juices going.
    • What sort of creative juices?
    • What did you find “creative” about them?
    • Were they all in the same area of “creative"? Or were they varied?
    • If they were in various areas of creative, which was your favorite?
    • Can you tell me what about it made it your favorite?
    • Do you currently (or recently) have instances of similar “creative”?


    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I learned so much about things I am interested in.
    • What did you like learning?
    • Any particular nuggets that you learned that particularly thrilled you?
    • What about them thrilled you?
    • What things interest you?
    • What do you find interesting about those things?


    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I loved each day learning and the exciting projects that I worked on.
    • Tell us about some of those exciting projects.
    • What made each one exciting to you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I got to meet lots of celebrities.
    • Which was your favorite meeting?
    • What about it made it your favorite?
    • Which was your second favorite?
    • What about it made it your second favorite?


    By now, you're probably getting some ideas of how to mine your existing “work” for some avenues for more milking, you see?

    Since we’ve just re-read your passage (and, perhaps, even expanded upon it) doesn't your story about “jobs” (and even what comes from them) change a little bit? What might your story about jobs be now? (And don't pretend. We don't get “points” for pretending in this “work.” The LoA responds to our actual vibration, not any pretend vibration.

    That's a lot to go through already, so I'll stop here.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM. Reason: Formatting

  10. #10
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,802
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    17+17+17+17=64 seconds.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •