Thread: Writing about my ex when I am in the path of having a new relationship

Writing about my ex when I am in the path of having a new relationship

Hello everyone!

I've got a quick question. I have two huge desires that I love. One is my writing, and the other is a loving relationship.

I know it doesn't matter who I think of but how I feel when I think of them when I'm in the process of becoming a match to my new great relationship. Of course, I use my ex to feel good, and of course, there are thoughts about him that make me think about what's missing, so I am happy to think of something else, and it's working now, easier than before.

However, with my writing, when it comes to writing the romantic story of my novel, the path of least resistance is writing about him. I am wondering will this keep me from attracting a new relationship? Because as I write about him, it's not that the feelings aren't great, it's just that it makes me want him to come back, not in a serious way, but in a fun way, like my mind sees this as a cute story for my life, not only for my novel. How do I approach that? Yes, this path has the least resistance. If I write a new romantic plot or character, it doesn't inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by WakingDream View Post
    However, with my writing, when it comes to writing the romantic story of my novel,
    the path of least resistance is writing about him. I am wondering will this keep me from attracting a new relationship?
    You tell us. How do you feel as you write about him? What's your emotional guidance system telling you about what you're doing with your vibration?

You describe how you feel but we can't really tell you for sure what you're feeling. That's your job. You're the only one who can do that. If these emotions that you describe to us are tinged with negative emotion, that negative emotion is letting you know that, in that moment, you're offering a vibration which is focused away from what you want.

If you're not sure, about what you're feeling, don't worry. It'll get bigger.

How do I approach that?
    Why does it “have to” be him? Why can't someone else come to you in that cute way?

Yes, this path has the least resistance.
    Notice that the phrase is “the path of LEAST resistance,” not “the path of no resistance.”

Focus actively on what you are looking for in the new relationship. Once that becomes active, notice how you feel when you write the story. Perhaps you will be inspired to write new plots. If you still continue writing plots that remind of your ex, you will feel more clear about how you feel about the matter. It might suck (which means stop) or it might feel okay. In any case, continue practicing alignment and you will find more clarity in general in such situations.