Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're asking the Universe for a remission for my husband's cancer

WellBeing: You are right again. I was asking you to tell me all of the things I could do to feel better so I could get on it right away. My impatience was clearly showing. Your gentle words of "make peace" first, feels very soothing to me.

Last night I listened to more Abraham tapes and I had a much better understanding of what they were saying, all due to your replies and questions and gentle prodding. It seemed as if Abraham were talking specifically to me and addressing a lot of questions I had on my mind. I was inspired to come to this forum yesterday, and I'm so glad that I did, instead of second guessing what I should do. Thank you, WellBeing.

Delilah: Oh, wow! Thank you so much for sharing. My mind is literally blown away from what you've said. I know that we're not supposed to depend on outside circumstances to buoy us up, but the miracle of your Dad still being alive has inspired me and has appreciatively lifted me up. The points you have listed are going to be extremely helpful to me. You have no idea how much they resonate with me. In particular, number three. I haven't been addressing what I would actually do if my husband passed away suddenly or in the near future. Not addressing those questions that you have outlined has made my fears grow and grow. I know, with all of my heart, that your post will help me make peace with where I am. Thank you so much, Delilah. Much appreciation for you.

paradise-on-earth: Your post is extremely helpful and will be another important tool that I can use on a daily basis. You have clearly touched upon something that I have briefly wondered about, but dismissed. Do you know how many times a day I say the word "cancer" or think the work cancer, or see that "word" while doing my research on the internet for cures? Literally hundreds of times a day. And if that "word" doesn't feel good to me, it probably isn't doing my husband any good for me to keep repeating it over and over. I have heard Abraham say many times that telling a story, particularly one that is unwanted, will keep it active. But their words went in one ear and out the other. I needed to be reminded of that again, so thank you for your observations.

I love your story about the miracle healing. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel like I’m not reaching for the impossible. "Let go of the problem, and instead start LIVING as you want it to be. Let go of the unwanted, in focusing on the wanted. I know it seems impossible, thats why so many dont pull it off. But its actually very very simple."

Yes! This is the work I need to do, this is what I need to practice. I will not only tell a new story but I will "live"a new story, just like Delilah is doing. Thank you for inspiring me, paradise-on-earth.

rose essence: Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I'll take all of the hugs that I can get

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    how wonderful it helped- for you to become more aware, clear and feel at least a bit of relief. You rock!

More hugs to you and your beloved- and, as screwy this might sound- have fun on this journey of figuring it out.
    The easier you are, the more -unconditional!- fun you allow, the better. For your wanted outcome, but first and foremost for your joyful here and now!!

Its never about big wrong things.
    Its the daily small stuff!

If you get a diagnosis that is not what you want to hear,
    the tendency is to say, "Oh, my god!
    How did I get so far away from something I want so much?"

And we say, it isn't big like that at all — it's just a series of little things.
    It is the, "I could choose this thought which feels good,
    or this thought which doesn't feel so good.

But I've developed a pattern for what doesn't feel good.
    And so, it is the daily dose of not being in the receiving mode
    that keeps me not in the receiving mode."
    And that's all that it is!

---Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop: San Rafael, CA on March 24, 2001

Terminal Ill

We just LOVE it, when you get a terminal diagnosis-
    because then, and only then
    youll do the only thing that really works, anyway.

Until then- as long as they can chop one more thing off of you,
    or insert one more thing in you, or feed you with something,
    or keep you alive with another tube, or something...

"Ill do ANYTHING OTHER than unconditional alignment!!
    Because Im SOO trained into conditions.
    Please dont ask me to not be responsive to what-is."

But if you could stop being responsive to what-is,
    what-is could change- into things, that youll really really like!

"NO!! I believe in facing reality."
    Oh, you are the CREATOR of reality!

"NO!! I only want to face reality. I want to face reality-
    and I want conditions to change, so that the reality Im facing
    is pleasing to me."

How is it working out?

from the clip Abraham Hicks ~ She wants to heal her eyes

This is what you REALLY suffer:

Abe:
    Stop it! Stop it!! You have What-is-itis!!

HS:
    I have WHAT??

Abe:
    Youve got Tell-it-like-it-is-itis!
    Iow... you have Honest-itis.
    You have Upstream-itis. You have Ojectiv-itis.

You have "I have been story telling this for so long, I dont have
    the words that you want to hear from me, Abraham.
    Because I havent been practicing them."

from the clip Abraham Hicks ~ About your body, Telling it the way you want it to be

from the quotecollection
    Quotes about the BODY (health, decline, shape, beauty, aging...)

I went through a similar situation years ago when I was married and my husband was rushed to the ER for emergency surgery. The surgeon told me because of the nature of the surgery (ie: removing a huge malignant tumor from the spine) he wasn't sure of the outcome. He basically gave me 3 options: my DH could die on the operating table/if he survived he could be permanently paralyzed/he would survive the surgery and totally recover. So 2 of 3 options weren't that great and I would have to wait several hours before I knew anything. At that point, I had to totally surrender. Yes, I wanted my DH to live and be well but the situation was so overwhelming, I had to instantly go downstream or go crazy. I realized it was up to my DH if he wanted to live or not and that I would be okay if he decided to go PPE. That was the longest 3.5 hours of my life and everything turned out fine. You will be fine also...ALL is well.

When hubby and I go thru various trials of health related contrast; we look at each other and say "we will be alright". It assists us when we lean toward worry, fear and "impossibilities" .

we know it's better to think of possibilities that are better than we can imagine. so far so good.

i'm the aber so I listen to the books on kindle and mp3's and youtubes... I soak in it. he goes along with the positive thots & vibes thing too , but doesn't always know his resistance- I learned to trust he has his inner guidance too. I add good words, but let him have some space to work it out for himself too.

much love to you WriteNow

paradise-on-earth: Thank you for the hugs and your uplifting comments. I appreciate the quotes. You rock, too!

Cupidgal99: Thank you for sharing your personal story. I sure can relate to your feelings of being overwhelmed. I'm impressed that you were able to direct your thoughts downstream during such a stressful time for you. I tell myself "ALL is well" many times a day. They're mostly words that I use to block out the fear. Someday, with practice, I hope to really believe those words. Thank you for your encouragement.

lemon-up: That's really nice that you and your husband have a ritual that you use when times are tough. Two in the vortex is stronger than a million out of the vortex. Or something like that My guy keeps his thoughts and feelings close to his heart. Most of the time I don't know what he's feeling or thinking. Thank you for the love

I have a new unwanted situation in my life. I've been up all night, crying. I can't find any thoughts to soothe myself about it because it seems too big of a problem to solve.

I won't go into all of the details, but it seems that as of yesterday we have no more health coverage. We had 100% health coverage with my husband's company. Yesterday we found out that we have no more money left in my husband's company. So we have to dissolve the company. We had private health insurance that is only available to companies and not to families or individuals. All of the money we had went toward his naturopathic treatments. The doctors have told us that the only reason my husband is alive now is because of those treatments. This isn't a situation that appears to have an easy answer. The only hope we have is that the Universe will have a solution to our situation.

All I can do right now is think general thoughts, like the Universe has our back. We've never had money problems before. Money has always come to us when we needed it. Etc.

But those general thoughts don't seem to be enough to pay the bills.

I can't pretend that we don't need money. My husband goes twice a week for intense treatments with the Naturopath. I don't know how to let go of this resistance so that the money can come to us. I don't know how to soothe myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteNow View Post
    I don't know how to soothe myself.
    Re-read Marc's first reply to you above.

What if, instead of this being something which has gone "wrong," this is something that's going right for both of you?

What if, instead of this being something which has gone "wrong," this is something that's going right for both of you?

One of my sons suggested this very thing to me yesterday. He said that keeping the business open was time consuming and costly. With the business dissolved it would simplify our lives and would mean one less thing to worry about. He also told me that the so called private insurance wasn't really free and that it was still coming out of our own pockets. He also told me to just shop around for the best medical coverage that was available to us and that it was not a big deal. I felt good about what he said, and yesterday was a fairly good day for me. And my husband felt good as well.

And then later at night I got a phone call from my youngest son, who is having big problems of his own. This got me to worrying about him, and then I lost the progress I made concerning my husband, and the health insurance. Lots of negative momentum going on here. What a journey I'm going through!

Quote Originally Posted by WriteNow View Post
    ...and then I lost the progress I made concerning my husband....
    BUT you DID make vibrational progress concerning your husband. So, if you did that once before (and you DID), then you can do it again.