Thread: Making Mornings more Magical

Making Mornings more Magical

Starting this thread to work through shifting my current story about how our mornings unfold to a much better feeling place.

CURRENT STORY/FEELING: I understand that I wake up with the opportunity to choose positive momentum. I understand that I wake up fresh and able to select the high flying disk. But instead of waking up eager for the day, I wake up eager to roll over and go back to sleep. I get up and meditate for 15 minutes and try to get to a place of feeling good, but on some level I think I am already anticipating the struggle that accompanies getting my little ones ready for school. Oh my goodness, I literally EXPECT the struggle every day!! No wonder I have a hard time getting on a high flying disk. No wonder I get the crazy morning that I EXPECT TO GET every day. It would be funny if it didnít feel so bad. It feels impossible for our morning to go smoothly and peacefully. It feels bad to be strict with and yell at my kids to get them to eat breakfast and brush teeth and get ready.

WHAT DO I WANT: I want mornings to feel easy and flow. I want cooperation and peace. I want to look forward to the day.

STREAM OF THOUGHT: I realize that I am trying through action and effort to try to get the children to listen better so that I can feel more peaceful in the morning and that that approach is backwards. I will need to feel better amidst the current morning climate before there can be any improvement. I will need to feel better first. Wow that feels impossible. Can I feel peace and ease within our current morning? That feels like too far a jump. Maybe I can start by looking at what already goes right about our current morning. Despite the current feelings of frustration, we almost never miss the bus. Lunches get made. Kids do get dressed and ready. We do accomplish the goal (getting ready and out the door for the bus) and thatís pretty good. I wonder how my inner being sees this? I know my inner being isnít wanting to yell at the kids. I bet my inner being gets a kick out of them. I bet my inner being loves watching their antics in the morning, the way they get distracted by all the fun and interesting things in their world. I bet my IB (and their inner beings) are having great fun in the morning. I wonder if I could join my inner being in finding fun in the morning. I wonder if I joined into their joy a bit more in the morning if it would bring me closer or further from the peace that I want. It has to bring me closer. Can I approach the morning with a sense of fun? Can I feel relaxed through our morning tomorrow?

Oh universe you so funny. I manifested training wheels!! We got a 2 hour delay this morning! So I did get a beautiful, stress free, peaceful easy morning. And I will have the weekend to continue to practice prepaving a peaceful easy Monday morning when we (presumably) won't get another two hour delay. But this was such a perfect stepping stone. So happy I aligned with a sweet little snow shower and delay. Many more magical mornings to come!