Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Tips to really 'FEEL' it when visualizing/doing affirmations?

  1. #11
    Well I tend to change all the time, as you know it's quite in my chords. So I may have written it in a more lapidary words than I meant to. But I've always liked the zen story of the cup of tea.
    Anyway what I meant to say is something the two of us have agreed upon in other conversations, that when you relax first, or meditate, or make peace with where you are, physically and emotionally, or get in what we called in the past the neutral zone, that is to say, when you first unwind the negative tension, then it all flows towards the more positive spectrum very easily and almost by itself.
    I am not saying it's the only way to go, I just find it more elegant and more similar to a surrender into the stream of well-being. It very much depends on where one is to begin with. One may not need it at all. I certainly did need a lot of deconstruction - by which I mean a lot of seeing through all the believes and bogus thoughts I carried with me, coming from previous conditioning.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam Holland, and Toronto
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    itīs feeling the EMOTIONS, that makes it all come alive. And you most easily achieve that with setting Grids.

    An image is helpful to trigger that, but the way to do that is normally the other way around when you follow Abeīs teaching. You set a Grid/emotional atmosphere FIRST, and then you RECEIVE (!) images or inner movies.

    Do that to enjoy your desires, to "milk them" as Abe say, not to "work on getting them".
    Do that ALWAYS from ITV. When you are off, this specific work will backfire, because it activates then the absence of what you want.



    Weīv been saying: Vortex first- and then manifestation.
    And now we are saying to you:
    Manifestation of EMOTION first, and then- more detailed manifestations, following that.

    What weīr showing you, is how worlds are created.
    Weīr showing you how you are the creator of your own reality.


    Washington, 2011



    A workthread where this gets practiced (with lots of Abeīs quotes that explain it deeper) is here- feel invited to share


    What conditions do I "need to change"? -I find the EMOTION instead of the condition!

    Where are you getting this info from??
    From this book: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofat...stonishing.php

    I've only read 3 Abe books now, but I havent read that one yet

  3. #13
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    Where are you getting this info from??
    From this book: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofat...stonishing.php

    I've only read 3 Abe books now, but I havent read that one yet
    *I* got this info from listening to the WSīs of Abe, and then following their advice (words donīt teach, itīs life-experience that really teaches). I have to admit that Iīm no fan of their books, while I have toughed myself through a few of them. I still advice to read at least 1 book to cover the ground of Abe-understanding to newbies.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    That's why you're not really making any progress. The things you're asking about are in those chapters you haven't read yet. In particular, Chapters 8 through 22 and Part 2's introduction to the processes lay out exactly why what you're doing isn't working and how to go about it more effectively. The rest of the book contains processes that are the "tips, tools & exercises" you're asking for.

    Well, as you wrote earlier, you've got a lot of time on your hands now.
    I will dive into AAIIG again when I have finished this other book

  5. #15
    Hi paradise-on-earth, I don't know how to quote single parts of your post so Im just going to respond to your post from top to bottom.

    I completely agree that when you don't feel what you say while doing affirmations, it is useless. Thats why I am asking, how do I start really feeling that what I say?
    If I would feel fear or any other negative emotion while doing affirmations, and I would keep on doing it, it would only attract more of that feeling. I know that.

    When you say "in milking everything that feels good'', in my situation I would see it this way: i really enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning, but I can not go on a 'rampage'/'milking' that feeling of enjoying my cup of coffee. I would love to because imagine how good that would feel haha, but I find it hard to do that. To really 'milk' that happy feeling.

    Same as when you say that I can take a memory of a moment where I felt a very strong emotion; I can do that, but I do not get a lot more out of it than a smile and I find it hard to go from that 'smile' to milking it to an lengthened feeling of happiness.

    I haven't really been deliberately 'active' with the LoA because what everything came down to was just 'If you feel happy your on the right path to manifesting' but that does not make 100% sense to me. For me, I want to do some 'activity' stuff to be busy with the LoA, for example like I mentioned visualise, do affirmations etc. If I don't do that I just start slipping on the LoA and don't engage with it actively. I then just try to feel happy as much as possible but that doesn't feel enough for me because I think that doing certain 'LoA' activities can help a lot with feeling happier. Like deliberately being busy with feeling happy and not just 'whatever'.

    Yes, I have tried meditating with the audios from Abraham. I did it quite a lot before actually, until I 'started slipping' on the LoA and didn't engage with it actively as I want to do again now.

    I completely agree with there being a difference between being hyped and alignment. And I guess thats exactly what I mean, how do I go from feeling nothing/just 'thrill' to do the affirmations to actually FEELING that what I am saying?

    I definitely care about feeling good first, but when I wake up/ go through my day I usually just feel 'normal' with happy feelings and sometimes negative here and there.
    And I want to change from that 'normal' to deliberately HAPPY and I thought that doing those affirmations and gratitude exercises every morning would help with that but I discover now that i actually want to FEEL what I say, or else it doesn't really work. So thats my question.

    I hope my reaction is clear because although I speak english quite well its still searching for the right words whenever I try to write something like this.

    Thanks for your reply once again!

  6. #16
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by sam44 View Post
    Hi paradise-on-earth, I don't know how to quote single parts of your post so Im just going to respond to your post from top to bottom.
    (you do it by quoting the whole text with the command "reply with quote" thatīs below the post you want to quote. And then, you edit what you donīt want out. Klicking the speech-bubble-icon in the menue-line above the reply-window would set any highlighted parts of your posts into a quotation-bubble, also.)

    I completely agree that when you don't feel what you say while doing affirmations, it is useless. Thats why I am asking, how do I start really feeling that what I say?
    As I have adviced, choose your words based upon how they feel to you. In the process of Gridsetting, Abe teach that every word (or even sound) has a very specific vibration, apart from what it intellectually means. And when you speak or write or even think this word, you can FEEL that vibration emotionally, pretty fast. At least after repeating 68 seconds/roughly a minute this word, itīs vibration will resonate with you and CAUSE the manifestation of a certain emotion. Thatīs how you can "conjure" any emotion that you desire to conjure.

    And an emotional word is general enough, that you will not hit resistances with it (other than with specific affirmations). Thatīs why Gridsetting is so powerful and fast.

    If I would feel fear or any other negative emotion while doing affirmations, and I would keep on doing it, it would only attract more of that feeling. I know that.

    When you say "in milking everything that feels good'', in my situation I would see it this way: i really enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning, but I can not go on a 'rampage'/'milking' that feeling of enjoying my cup of coffee. I would love to because imagine how good that would feel haha, but I find it hard to do that. To really 'milk' that happy feeling.
    thatīs solely because you have no practice. As with every art, you get good by practice. really.

    Same as when you say that I can take a memory of a moment where I felt a very strong emotion; I can do that, but I do not get a lot more out of it than a smile and I find it hard to go from that 'smile' to milking it to an lengthened feeling of happiness.
    try by writing the whole thing. Writing is MUCH more powerful than just thinking. For me, it makes the whole practice much easier and clearer, also.

    And, there is no topic too small or random! Whatever causes you in an easy way to feel good- thatīs a good option to train yourself into high feelings. You might want to have a look upon this 2 practice-threads of mine, where I do exactly that:

    My Grid-Creation-Box

    Short Specific Virtual Reality-segments: Get in, feel good, get out.

    When Iīm not FULLY in alignment, I play a bit on this threads before I go into my daily rampage. Rampaging is about sincerely being on the high flying discs, and this 2 threads always get me there, surefire, every time.

    I haven't really been deliberately 'active' with the LoA
    to be true, you canīt. LoA isnīt anything we apply- it applies itself to us. It responds to EVERYTHING we do! And so, the only thing you can do is become more deliberate with what you focus upon. Where you "look"- there you go. What you give your attention to becomes more.

    And thatīs why I train and tune my vibe with EASY topics.

    because what everything came down to was just 'If you feel happy your on the right path to manifesting' but that does not make 100% sense to me.
    this happiness is (besides being simply a wonderful stance to live in) your INDICATOR of how you are doing.

    When you feel good, youīr ITV.
    When you feel good, that means you go towards EVERYTHING you want! Because in your Vortex is EVERYTHING you want.

    You just need this indicator of feeling good, to know that youīr on track. It is really SO simple!
    I often say, itīs so simple, even a mouse or a mosquito understands and follows it.
    Just we humans milk pain "for unknown reasons" (Abe)

    For me, I want to do some 'activity' stuff to be busy with the LoA, for example like I mentioned visualise, do affirmations etc. If I don't do that I just start slipping on the LoA and don't engage with it actively. I then just try to feel happy as much as possible but that doesn't feel enough for me because I think that doing certain 'LoA' activities can help a lot with feeling happier. Like deliberately being busy with feeling happy and not just 'whatever'.
    I agree. but you can tie that to normal life, so that you donīt "try too hard" (which is a serious trap for us western-culture-people). Start to FEEL places. Or FEEL options of food. FEEL colors. FEEL cars, or whatever interests you. Train yourself to deliberately listen to your gut-feelings, without judging them.

    Yes, I have tried meditating with the audios from Abraham. I did it quite a lot before actually, until I 'started slipping' on the LoA and didn't engage with it actively as I want to do again now.
    Maybe all of this easier than you think it is, when you REALLY start to care about how you feel. We mostly got trained to discard our emotions, and to be "tough" and not "too sensitive". While nothing of that really serves us.

    I completely agree with there being a difference between being hyped and alignment. And I guess thats exactly what I mean, how do I go from feeling nothing/just 'thrill' to do the affirmations to actually FEELING that what I am saying?
    In- as any artist or awesome sportsman- TRAINING yourself to decipher the subtleness of your emotional guidance. Aka, to REALLY become bulletproof in sensing how you feel now, now, now- and FOLLOWING that emotional guidance.

    definitely care about feeling good first, but when I wake up/ go through my day I usually just feel 'normal' with happy feelings and sometimes negative here and there.
    And I want to change from that 'normal' to deliberately HAPPY and I thought that doing those affirmations and gratitude exercises every morning would help with that but I discover now that i actually want to FEEL what I say, or else it doesn't really work. So thats my question.
    As I said- set Grids and train yourself unconditionally into emotions of passion, fascination, freedom, fun, power, awe and all those high flying discs. Or take a thrilling picture (as I do on these linked threads,) and describe the emotions that it evokes within you. In relatively short time you will have a different vibrational setpoint- which will ATTRACT new circumstances and manifestations.

    I hope my reaction is clear because although I speak english quite well its still searching for the right words whenever I try to write something like this.

    Thanks for your reply once again!
    My pleasure! I think you are doing incredibly good, and are very understandable!

  7. #17
    I'm doing something wrong when quoting I guess!

    So for example, I would say 'I am happy' or focus upon the word 'Happy' and after 68 seconds (I know Abe talks about that) that would make me feel happiness?
    I never really understood 'Grid', thats why I should read the book, I know. But thats kind of it then or am I understanding it incorrectly?

    I see, so I should practice 'milking' the good feeling? How do I practice such thing? Just keep on doing it until it starts to work for me?

    The pictures in your thread capture the 'feeling' you describe under it really well I have to say! Would you recommend me to make a sort of video with pictures, text and music that I like of my desires? Obviously I'd have to feel good about my desires (believing and knowing I have it) otherwise it would feel bad. And if it feels bad, I have to build up the belief that I will manifest it so that it feels good. I think I should be able to do that by going from general to more specific affirmations.

    I know that one can't actively be doing the LoA because it is always active but I mean like you said deliberately focusing upon what I want so that the LoA is doing more of what I want and less of what I don't want.

    I know that it is Abe's teaching that by being happy you can manifest all your desires but I find that really hard to believe, if it is meant in the way that if one would sit on the couch all day and be happy that he/she would manifest his 100 million dollar dreams. If it is meant in a way that by being happy you get inspired to do certain things that will bring you that or you get certain ideas from source that will bring you that then YES I fully believe that. And I also believe that being happy is the base of it all. Everything good grows from there, so ones desires too.

    What exactly do you mean with start to FEEL places, food, colors, cars etc?

    By setting Grids I can train myself unconditionally into emotions of passion, fascination, freedom etc?


  8. #18
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by sam44 View Post
    So for example, I would say 'I am happy' or focus upon the word 'Happy' and after 68 seconds (I know Abe talks about that) that would make me feel happiness?
    The trick is to be as general as you need to be, and as specific as it still feels good.

    Feel out the difference:

    "Happy." -how does that feel?

    "I am happy." -how does that feel?

    "I am financial very rich and incredibly happy." -how does that feel?

    When you are solidly ITV, it all feels great. But when you are on the brink of the Vortex, "I am happy" feels a bit thorny, doesnīt it? When you feel bad, the same sentence feels as a lie (aka, really bad). But the mere word "happy" might not trigger resistance within you, still. Right?

    And the very specific sentence "I am financial very rich and incredibly happy." might feel off and icky to you, even when you had generally felt quite good- because you are factually not financially wealthy, and also not really bouncing off the walls happy.

    Itīs ENOUGH to just repeat the word "happy". Feel if you like the emotion it evokes immediately. And when you say it for a minute, it might get boring- not necessarily, but it might, so you maybe wanna couple it with more sweet words that also feel good. Like "joyful, happy, joyful, open, free, happy, happy, relaxed, happy..."

    You just "milk" the energy of these goodfeeling words. Donīt do it too long. Just a minute or so. as long as it REALLY feels good, or soothing or sweet.

    I never really understood 'Grid', thats why I should read the book, I know. But thats kind of it then or am I understanding it incorrectly?
    As far as I know, the technique of the Grid is still not in any book. Read the quotes here, instead,
    or read through the "vibrational atmosphere"-workthread that I linked you, Grids and vibrational Atmosphere is the same thing.

    Abe-quotes about the Grid

    But really, I gave it all to you already. Pick a word that describes an emotion that you desire to feel, and repeat it for at least a minute. And feel what happens.

    Here is a good helpful quote:


    What is the Grid?

    -Well, use the word "basis".
    Think in terms of something, that is the beginning of something.
    We use it in the same way that you might use the word "foundation,
    on which you will build.

    But "grid" is a better word, because it will fill in with all kinds of things
    and when you think about a grid, sometimes you can conjure in your minds
    some structure of something.

    IOW, some "beginning point" is really the point of the grid:
    Itīs a beginning point.
    The reason that it is a particularly perfect word is because, when you live
    in this vibrational world, everything is perceptual, anyway.

    And always there is the beginning- IOW, it is easy for you to imagine
    an electrical grid or an electronic grid.
    IOW, the word grid is not something that is foreign to you.
    -Yes? What does the word grid imply to you?

    HS:
    Connectivity.
    Space- where I place things, where they all come together...

    Abe:
    So- you figured it out!
    But the difference in the grid that we are talking about is that- and we
    come round to that often- nonphysical is not talking your language.
    Nonphysical is offering vibrational language.

    And to you, until the vibrational language fills in, you donīt have the
    kind of full experience that you want. IOW, you are translating vibration
    through your physical senses into meaningful things.
    So there is a vibrational grid, that exists before you see anything.

    There is a vibrational grid, that makes "blue" blue and "red" red.
    There is a vibrational grid that is at the basis of what you hear and smell.
    There is a vibrational grid that is present- iow, the vibrational grid of one
    fragrance is different than the one of an other.

    These are the vibrational bases, you see.
    So there is a vibrational grid that is present before ANYTHING that you
    experience in the terms of manifestation. When you look at the reality,
    the wholenes- this vibrational grid is immense.

    In fact, it is so immense, that it is incomprehensible in physical format.
    Because, you cannot comprehend all of the components of the grid
    simultaneously from your more pointed format. You have come into the
    specifics of this time space reality -even the time and space that you call
    this time and space, is because an emotional grid has been laid and you
    are all participating in and are filling in the details of.

    The fact that you exist in your physical form and that you are interacting
    with people, that you are interacting with the sights and sounds and tastes
    and touches of your world are causing you to further ask for more, and to
    further fill in the grid.

    IOW, WE are- in essence- like a vibrational grid, that you are precisely
    filling in. Although thatīs not competely accurate, because we are out here
    on the leading edge with you. As you are exploring the details of what you
    are living, you come with more precision about what you want.

    And everytime you come with more precision about it- you put a component
    of it into this Vortex that now- it would be better to call it a vibrational grid!
    IOW- you are putting it there.

    The reason we talk about the Vortex in the way that we do, is because
    THAT is the grid that holds the basis of all things that you consider to be
    good, from the beginning of all time, you see.


    SF, February ī12



    I see, so I should practice 'milking' the good feeling? How do I practice such thing? Just keep on doing it until it starts to work for me?
    No, you must start when you already feel good- and prolong that already existing joy.

    Or you find something that you joyfully remember, or let your joy spike by a condition that you enjoy, and then FEEL that and prolong the time of this appreciation. That is meant by "milking".

    But you will not train a boring thing into a joyful thing with "milking"!
    Take something- ANYTHING, topic completely irrelevant!- that you already enjoy, and enjoy it and adore it on purpose, go deeper, find out why you like it so much, describe it, feel yourself into it, describe it deeper, ask yourself WHY it feels so cute/sweet/fantastic/fascinating.

    And that is another awesome technique: The "why" technique. Abe teach to ask yourself WHY you want a specific thing, or WHY you like a certain person and so on. The "why" helps you to milk the joy. Itīs a very powerful tool. But always train in a way that FEELS GOOD, and stop as soon it starts to be boring or even overwhelming.

    Here are more quotes about that:

    Ask why, not how


    the "famous rain-story", where Abe explained how we can use the WHY.


    (Esther said) "Abraham, I want some rain. I want some rain."
    And we said, Why?

    And Esther said, "Because the trees are clearly thirsty
    and the grass is really brown
    and the earth is hard and cracked.
    It really needs relief."

    And we said, Well now you've explained to us why you don't want it not to rain
    but you haven't explained to us why you want the rain.

    And Esther said, "Well, I want the rain because it's so refreshing.
    I want the rain because of the way it smells and feels.
    I want the rain because I want the feeling of it in the air.
    I want the relief of it on the trees.
    I want it on the ground.
    I want the rain because it is so delicious when it rains."

    And then it began to rain.
    Then it began to rain.
    Not 5 minutes later.
    Not 10 minutes later.
    Then it began to rain from what seemed like a clear blue sky.
    It seemed impossible but it was raining. It was raining.
    It was clearly raining."



    Seattle, Aug. 2012

    The pictures in your thread capture the 'feeling' you describe under it really well I have to say! Would you recommend me to make a sort of video with pictures, text and music that I like of my desires?
    To be true, I think thatīs a technique for the advanced. but, WHEN you feel really joyfully drawn to that- OF COURSE, do that!! But donīt do it to get to a thing or place that you are not already in. Abe teach to NOT use visualization to get something, but ONLY to milk and celebrate your already solid beliefs and highflying expectations.

    Iow: DO IT FOR THE FUN.
    NOT for getting your stuff. That would backlash.

    Obviously I'd have to feel good about my desires (believing and knowing I have it) otherwise it would feel bad. And if it feels bad, I have to build up the belief that I will manifest it so that it feels good. I think I should be able to do that by going from general to more specific affirmations.
    I have the inkling that you are hyping here, to get fast towards your desires, without even knowing it. Having said that, I admit that I DO NOT KNOW THAT. Only you can know what you really feel, and what you are drawn to!

    Abe teach to be unconditionally joyful. Meaning: Feel good, because it feels good. Not to get your stuff.
    Feel good, because joy and love is who you really are. This emotions are not tools to get your stuff, so that you THEN can be more joyful. Thats something to swallow, for most beginners, and I admit that I bucked that myself in the beginning. I WANTED MY STUFF, to the hell with all that joy-crap!!

    But really, relax (I know itīs not so easy when you are sooo animated because of your desires) into this and LET IT COME TO YOU. Do not try to catch it with a lasso and drag it towards you!
    LET it unfold. It will! ALLOW it to grow, all by itself. IT WILL!
    LET it show itself to you.

    When you effort at this, it will seriously take MUCH LONGER.

    I know that one can't actively be doing the LoA because it is always active but I mean like you said deliberately focusing upon what I want so that the LoA is doing more of what I want and less of what I don't want.


    I know that it is Abe's teaching that by being happy you can manifest all your desires but I find that really hard to believe, if it is meant in the way that if one would sit on the couch all day and be happy that he/she would manifest his 100 million dollar dreams.
    It IS meant this way, though.

    This approach is possible and if you would like it, it would work. But to most people, it might be very boring! We came to enjoy "the molding of the clay", the journey of soothing our doubts, of learning to focus where we want to go (instead of where we donīt want to go). We came to research our desires deeper, just for the fun that that is. We came to learn how to deal with contrast, with "problems", with seemingly impossible to overcome resistances. We came for the ADVENTURE of life. We came for learning to be unconditionally happy and -loving and to not NEED our manifestations. But we also came to become clear and decided and unflinching. We came to have fun in this game of following our dreams, and to triumph in the "orgasms" of closing "the gap" between who we were, and who we become, and to achieve our desired manifestations. Itīs ALL such joy.

    If it is meant in a way that by being happy you get inspired to do certain things that will bring you that or you get certain ideas from source that will bring you that then YES I fully believe that.
    This ALSO is completely true. So, you are in a good place!

    And I also believe that being happy is the base of it all. Everything good grows from there, so ones desires too.


    What exactly do you mean with start to FEEL places, food, colors, cars etc?
    Tryit out. Take any interesting thing- maybe a car, a girl, a certain place, and feel HOW it feels to you. Intriguing? Powerful? Peaceful? Sweet? Fascinating? Calm? Calling?... Play with this.

    By setting Grids I can train myself unconditionally into emotions of passion, fascination, freedom etc?

    And you can pick ANY emotion that you are interested in, explore it, feel it, experience it, train yourself into it and then, attract on it. I think thatīs so fantastic, fun- and powerful!

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam Holland, and Toronto
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by sam44 View Post
    I'm doing something wrong when quoting I guess!

    So for example, I would say 'I am happy' or focus upon the word 'Happy' and after 68 seconds (I know Abe talks about that) that would make me feel happiness?
    68 seconds activates LOA but I dont think thats long enough. You need to do the 15 minute segment intending, and put some happy emotions into it for it to work.

  10. #20
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    68 seconds activates LOA but I dont think thats long enough. You need to do the 15 minute segment intending, and put some happy emotions into it for it to work.
    not at all.
    it works after that minute- but of course you can do it as long as it feels good.

    And again, the word "happy" ITSELF exudes a vibe that will FEEL happy, when you focus on it purely.

    Donīt make this complicated. It isnīt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •