Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Tips to really 'FEEL' it when visualizing/doing affirmations?

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam Holland, and Toronto
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    not at all.
    it works after that minute- but of course you can do it as long as it feels good.

    And again, the word "happy" ITSELF exudes a vibe that will FEEL happy, when you focus on it purely.

    Don´t make this complicated. It isn´t.
    Then why does Mrs. Hicks mention 68 seconds in that book, and then says you better do a 15-minute segment in the next LOA book??

    For me, the length of it is important. I'm not saying you should spend hours on LOA, but around 15 minutes is important. If it wasnt, and if I thought about a plane crash after I boarded a commercial flight for 68 seconds, it should happen

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sam44 View Post

    I have been doing affirmations->visualization->gratitude for a few mornings now and when I say them I do not really feel anything. I even do it actively, for example when I say, (well more whispering as I live at home and one of my parents works at home),

    'I only attract positive people'

    I actually make the movement of pulling a rope. But I do not really get any
    energy flowing, and I would love to be able to do that!

    Also, when I visualise my ultimate desire, a mansion in the Hills in Los Angeles,

    I do always 'return to/think of' the same spot/thought when visualising this, which is laying by the pool overlooking the downtown lights view.
    But like I said its blurry

    For me, that mansion in the Hills in LA includes all my desires (happiness, every materialistic desire I have etc) because that is my ultimate goal that will include all my desires, if that makes sense?


    So; does anyone have any tips on how I can get more energy flowing? Actively feeling the feeling of my desires and being full of energy? Any exercises perhaps? Any tools?

    Thanks in advance and lots of love to everyone for reading this!

    hi sam44 personally I love visualizing and I love doing affirmations, though Abe have not really recommended either of those in particular
    but for me they work perfectly

    my affirmations are very simple, very easy, and have very little resistance in them
    no matter how I feel, when I say them I intrinsicly know that they are right for me

    I use simple ones
    perhaps you could start with simpler ones to whisper every day ?

    I attract helpful people to me
    I attract friendly people to me
    People naturally want to help me
    People are interested in my ideas
    Influential people are starting to notice me
    (I don't always know it, but the Universe does, and I am pre-paving my path to success)
    I am a happy person
    I enjoy being happy
    The Universe has my back
    and Source has me wrapped in a cloak of love
    I am adored
    I am loved
    I am blessed


    - so maybe you could start off with a small collection of affirmations that you do not necessarily see the evidence of around you (in the beginning) and there is no need to look for the evidence right away either, but just trusting that the Universe is hearing you and has your back

    for me the thing about affirmations is that I am setting my - future - the way I want it by affirming it to be so now. And it does not matter if I believe it at this moment, because I am not analysing my life any more - I am Trusting - trusting the Universe - that it will be this way
    over time, my affirmations hold true and I see daily evidence of them around me
    so I know 110% that I am truly loved and adored and blessed


    For visualizations I like to take it easy at first and then after I have set the scene, I can expand on it, depending on how I feel.
    So for example - if I want more money to come to me, then I close my eyes and look thru (my closed eyes) down at my hands, and in my hands I see myself holding 5 x $20 bills. I then count them out on the floor in front of me, and then I get another 5 in my hands and count them on top of that original $100, and I do that for maybe $300. Then as I am doing this - just like in real life I would be doing it - touching that smooth firm intricate paperwork and looking at that light green shade and hearing the slight shhhp shhhhp shhhp as one note slides across the surface of the other, I can feel and sense and see this happening in my hands - right here, right now
    And as I am doing this feeling, touching, holding, listening, I am also swelling up inside with a little bit of 'mmmhmmm' as I feel good, really good about having this money to count out. And I find that I am also smiling ! Smiling in happiness and in pride and in relief and in pleasure and in satisfaction. I have a few different emotions of happiness going thru me, and I let my chest swell up with a deep breath of air as I play this little game.

    And to turn this into your example of your dream mansion - as you lie in the dark by the side of the pool - can you Feel the cool air coming off the water and wafting over your side ? can you Feel the beauty of the sparkling lights of the city scape, just like the stars above - twinkling away, looking beautiful - making you take in a deep breath of oooohhh ! Can you Feel the presence of your dream home behind you - as you lie there at the side of your pool - Yes Your Mansion behind you ! A Big resplendant mansion, behind you, protecting you, keeping you safe, all yours to love and adore.
    because it is easy to 'know' the presence of a large building when we are in it's vicinity - so just Feel that same Presence as you dream/imagine lying there by your pool with your mansion behind you, looking over you.

    This type of quiet, easy, breathable, calm visualizing will slowly set the scene for your awareness - awareness - of the presence of the things you desire and want.
    When you Feel the presence of something that excites you, over time you are slowly drawn to particular details of it.
    not right away, and there is no need to know all the details about something.
    but to feel the presence of what you love - and to bask in the feeling of it's presence - and to feel good as you bask in it - to feel happy, to feel satisfied, to feel warm, to feel that feeling of fullness and love and completeness/doneness rise up inside you - is a nice way to slowly align yourself with things that you desire.

    And one last point - I have come to realise over the years of actively doing this, that even though those magnificent things come into reality (some right away, others still to come), the most important FEELING of all - is to ENJOY it's presence as you DREAM of it
    If you enjoy the feeling of it's presence, then you already have it - in your feelings, in your heart,
    and that is more than enough - to be satisfied in the moment, as you are doing the dreaming of it

    hope this helps

    much love xxxxx


    Last edited by Wild and Beautiful; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:36 AM. Reason: add a wee bitty more

  3. #23
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild and Beautiful View Post

    Abe have not really recommended either of those in particular
    but for me they work perfectly

    ...it seems to be a common misconception that Abe wouldn´t recommend virtual reality and visualization, I just don´t know why. BECAUSE THEY DO ADVICE IT!
    Here a 6 pages about exact this theme- the quotes below just 3 of them.

    Virtual Reality


    The difference that is between Abe´s advice and the ones of other teachers is that Abe say, to do this very specific processes ONLY form ITV.


    Virtual reality-
    a wonderful way to spend your time when you´r ITV!

    As you deliberately conjure, and you get better and better at it, you'll get so good at picking a scene, you'll get so... you can tell which scene's work best for you. Outside or inside. You'll get so, you can tell which people to bring in first. You'll get so, you can tell what time of day works best for you in your Virtual Realities. You'll get so, you can pick ANY subject and turn it into something that feels good.

    You will discover ENORMOUS entertainment value in Virtual Reality.

    And another thing that begins to happen right away is, as you play in these virtual realities and you achieve vibrational harmony with these thoughts. And they are so comfortable that you keep going back to them again, and again.

    When they show up in real life experience, you're going to have zinger. You're going to have a POWERFUL ZINGER!!!!!! In other words, you will shudder as you recognize
    THERE IS THE PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF THAT, WHICH ONLY A WEEK AGO WAS BUT A TWINKLING IN MY EYE!!

    It was just something that I imagined briefly, and pondered sort of, and used to feel good a little bit and activated, and here it is, full blown, right here, in my experience!! Because, Law Of Attraction says that it must be that way. We're not trying to get you do Virtual Realities because we think there's a bunch of things that need to be fixed.

    We're wanting you to do Virtual Realities
    because it's a lovely way to spend time,
    in a place of allowing who you really are to flow.


    Abraham




    What your purpose in life is, is the visualization process. To look around and see it like it is and then imagine it better, look around and see it like it is and then imagine it better.

    The visualization process is your purpose of life.
    The Universe will match it with the physical equivalent! The tricky thing is to not keep getting swept up in the physical equivalent so much, that you lose sight of your ability to visualize.

    Can you hear it? The temptation is to then start observing. The temptation is to just start observing, to let what's happening around you to dominate your every thought. Your work is to keep pulling yourself back.

    You go to the gym to work your muscles. We want you to go the {Creation} Box to work your mind!
    We want you to work at visualization.

    It's not going to come easy in the beginning. It's going to be hard. Other things are going to call you off. You're going to find your mind wandering all over the place. You are going to have to work at maintaining a focus. To maintain a focus and feel good can take a strong deliberate intent because it's easier to follow those knee-jerk reactions. Those old habits are very well entrenched.

    Your purpose in the physical experience is to use the data that abounds to collect the bits and pieces of it to create a scenario that rocks your world-and when you do that, the Universe will respond with a vibrational equivalent.

    But we want so much for you to hear that the vibrational equivalent- -the physical manifestation--is not what it's about.
    It's the power of the vision.

    Abraham-Hicks From the Quarterly Journal Jul/Aug/Sep 1996




    Most of our physical human friends are not doing much visualizing.
    Most of you are observing what-is. Now that can be a good thing. It often isn’t, however.
    It sort of depends on what you are observing.

    If you are mostly an observer (and most of you are).You are thriving in good times but suffering in bad times. Because whatever you’re observing is reflected in your vibration. So as you observe it, you radiate a vibration that matches it.

    The Universe accepts that as your point of attraction, and gives you more like it which then you observe. So the better it gets the better it gets — or the worse it gets the worse it gets.

    But if you are a visionary, you thrive in all times.
    Because as a visionary, you have learned to hold your vibration in the place that matches your desire.


    Basically you have one function that breaks down into two activities.
    The two activities are: Line up your Energy.
    And realign it if it gets out of alignment.

    That’s really all there is to it!

    It isn’t until you deliberately hold a thought and then see the Universal response to it that you really begin to understand what’s going on. Play these games of visualization for a few days. It will be such fun for you, and if you will do it, it will give you two very important things.

    First, it will show you that you can hold a thought for 17 seconds. That’s a “biggee”, bigger than you know. And the other is, it will show you that the Universe will absolutely,
    every time, respond to the purity of your thought.


    Excerpted from Abraham workshop, G-10/17/96 — Syracuse, NY

  4. #24
    hahahaha yes indeed paradise-on-earth
    my mistake lol
    it was meant to be just the affirmations instead
    (I definitely do have a selective memory ah haha)

    these are beautiful thank you xxxx


    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    ...it seems to be a common misconception that Abe wouldn´t recommend virtual reality and visualization, I just don´t know why. BECAUSE THEY DO ADVICE IT!
    Here a 6 pages about exact this theme- the quotes below just 3 of them.

    Virtual Reality


    The difference that is between Abe´s advice and the ones of other teachers is that Abe say, to do this very specific processes ONLY form ITV.


    Virtual reality-
    a wonderful way to spend your time when you´r ITV!

    As you deliberately conjure, and you get better and better at it, you'll get so good at picking a scene, you'll get so... you can tell which scene's work best for you. Outside or inside. You'll get so, you can tell which people to bring in first. You'll get so, you can tell what time of day works best for you in your Virtual Realities. You'll get so, you can pick ANY subject and turn it into something that feels good.

    You will discover ENORMOUS entertainment value in Virtual Reality.

    And another thing that begins to happen right away is, as you play in these virtual realities and you achieve vibrational harmony with these thoughts. And they are so comfortable that you keep going back to them again, and again.

    When they show up in real life experience, you're going to have zinger. You're going to have a POWERFUL ZINGER!!!!!! In other words, you will shudder as you recognize
    THERE IS THE PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF THAT, WHICH ONLY A WEEK AGO WAS BUT A TWINKLING IN MY EYE!!

    It was just something that I imagined briefly, and pondered sort of, and used to feel good a little bit and activated, and here it is, full blown, right here, in my experience!! Because, Law Of Attraction says that it must be that way. We're not trying to get you do Virtual Realities because we think there's a bunch of things that need to be fixed.

    We're wanting you to do Virtual Realities
    because it's a lovely way to spend time,
    in a place of allowing who you really are to flow.


    Abraham




    What your purpose in life is, is the visualization process. To look around and see it like it is and then imagine it better, look around and see it like it is and then imagine it better.

    The visualization process is your purpose of life.
    The Universe will match it with the physical equivalent! The tricky thing is to not keep getting swept up in the physical equivalent so much, that you lose sight of your ability to visualize.

    Can you hear it? The temptation is to then start observing. The temptation is to just start observing, to let what's happening around you to dominate your every thought. Your work is to keep pulling yourself back.

    You go to the gym to work your muscles. We want you to go the {Creation} Box to work your mind!
    We want you to work at visualization.

    It's not going to come easy in the beginning. It's going to be hard. Other things are going to call you off. You're going to find your mind wandering all over the place. You are going to have to work at maintaining a focus. To maintain a focus and feel good can take a strong deliberate intent because it's easier to follow those knee-jerk reactions. Those old habits are very well entrenched.

    Your purpose in the physical experience is to use the data that abounds to collect the bits and pieces of it to create a scenario that rocks your world-and when you do that, the Universe will respond with a vibrational equivalent.

    But we want so much for you to hear that the vibrational equivalent- -the physical manifestation--is not what it's about.
    It's the power of the vision.

    Abraham-Hicks From the Quarterly Journal Jul/Aug/Sep 1996




    Most of our physical human friends are not doing much visualizing.
    Most of you are observing what-is. Now that can be a good thing. It often isn’t, however.
    It sort of depends on what you are observing.

    If you are mostly an observer (and most of you are).You are thriving in good times but suffering in bad times. Because whatever you’re observing is reflected in your vibration. So as you observe it, you radiate a vibration that matches it.

    The Universe accepts that as your point of attraction, and gives you more like it which then you observe. So the better it gets the better it gets — or the worse it gets the worse it gets.

    But if you are a visionary, you thrive in all times.
    Because as a visionary, you have learned to hold your vibration in the place that matches your desire.


    Basically you have one function that breaks down into two activities.
    The two activities are: Line up your Energy.
    And realign it if it gets out of alignment.

    That’s really all there is to it!

    It isn’t until you deliberately hold a thought and then see the Universal response to it that you really begin to understand what’s going on. Play these games of visualization for a few days. It will be such fun for you, and if you will do it, it will give you two very important things.

    First, it will show you that you can hold a thought for 17 seconds. That’s a “biggee”, bigger than you know. And the other is, it will show you that the Universe will absolutely,
    every time, respond to the purity of your thought.


    Excerpted from Abraham workshop, G-10/17/96 — Syracuse, NY

  5. #25
    Those are nice affirmations W&B
    I like that they are quite general, and therefore easier to believe, and then one can get more specific later when the perspective has opened a little

    Another affirmation that helps to slip into a better perspective instead of slapping it on your face is "I am willing to feel better about (insert subject)". It sounds like nothing but it can be really powerful in my experience.

    And in the past I found it very transformative, actually hugely transformative, to repeat over and over, like a mantra: "I love you, I forgive you", and it can be addressed to something or someone in particular or to yourself or your body, but what I found was that letting the affirmation find its way organically to what and who in particular it was time to say this worked very powerfully.
    One may actually point out that Abraham isn't big on forgiving and for their very good reasons, so if doesn't feel right I can understand. I am not big on forgiving either and yet it really worked for me anyway. Maybe it was the fact of putting together the two words, and kind of saying "I love you and I have also my reservations and yet I am willing to find my way towards you".

  6. #26
    Hearts of Summer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    downstream, ,
    Posts
    1,247
    O M G! I finally understand the Grid! I haven't been able to rendezvous with it for years ~ until this past week and I've applied it all week, to the result of many high flying disks (and a couple of tree collisions ) THANK YOU! Oh, and this knowing also led me to the clip on the "Guy wants to move to Seattle" interaction wherein Abraham sets up a beautiful, wonderful grid if you are still wondering how it might sound in 'real life'. Exhilarating!


  7. #27
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    Then why does Mrs. Hicks mention 68 seconds in that book,...
    Abraham talk about 68 seconds (now, 64+ seconds) to convey to us the very real fact that the LoA is always-on and always responding to us and that the LoA responds to us quickly. We can have a manifestation if we can offer a pure vibration for as little as 68 (now, 64+) seconds. However, we humans are notoriously poor focusers. It's really hard for us to offer a pure (meaning "non-contradicted") vibration for even a part of the first 17 (now, 16+) seconds. It takes a lot of practice for almost all of us humans to offer a non-contradicted vibration for as long as 64-68 seconds. (And usually we're only willing to practice offering our unwanted vibrations through our beating of our drums, conversing, explaining and justifying.)

    I'm not sure to which "15-minute segment" or "next...book" you're referring, so I can't speak to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    ...if I thought about a plane crash after I boarded a commercial flight for 68 seconds, it should happen
    Yes, according to the Law, it should...and does. However, part of the "everything is always working out for me and for you (and for them)" is that we humans are poor focusers and so, usually, can't offer a non-contradicted vibration for the 64-68 seconds. Also, the Stream of Well-Being is the dominant vibration of this universe, which means it has the most momentum. And that's the vibration of your IB and of your Vortex. It is very likely, even amongst the grumpiest of us, that momentum of the Stream of Well-Being (which is also the constant vibration of your IB and of your Vortex) will distract us away from our unwanted focus, if only briefly. However briefly, the clock resets itself.

  8. #28
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Hearts of Summer View Post
    O M G! I finally understand the Grid! I haven't been able to rendezvous with it for years ~ until this past week and I've applied it all week, to the result of many high flying disks (and a couple of tree collisions ) THANK YOU! Oh, and this knowing also led me to the clip on the "Guy wants to move to Seattle" interaction wherein Abraham sets up a beautiful, wonderful grid if you are still wondering how it might sound in 'real life'. Exhilarating!

    awwww! So glad! Such a wonderful tool, isn´t it!

  9. #29
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,821
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Abraham talk about 68 seconds (now, 64+ seconds) to convey to us the very real fact that the LoA is always-on and always responding to us and that the LoA responds to us quickly. We can have a manifestation if we can offer a pure vibration for as little as 68 (now, 64+) seconds. However, we humans are notoriously poor focusers. It's really hard for us to offer a pure (meaning "non-contradicted") vibration for even a part of the first 17 (now, 16+) seconds. It takes a lot of practice for almost all of us humans to offer a non-contradicted vibration for as long as 64-68 seconds. (And usually we're only willing to practice offering our unwanted vibrations through our beating of our drums, conversing, explaining and justifying.)

    I'm not sure to which "15-minute segment" or "next...book" you're referring, so I can't speak to that.


    Yes, according to the Law, it should...and does. However, part of the "everything is always working out for me and for you (and for them)" is that we humans are poor focusers and so, usually, can't offer a non-contradicted vibration for the 64-68 seconds. Also, the Stream of Well-Being is the dominant vibration of this universe, which means it has the most momentum. And that's the vibration of your IB and of your Vortex. It is very likely, even amongst the grumpiest of us, that momentum of the Stream of Well-Being (which is also the constant vibration of your IB and of your Vortex) will distract us away from our unwanted focus, if only briefly. However briefly, the clock resets itself.

    such perfect answer.
    Thank you so much for this WB, I really was not inspired to pull it together, and here it is!

    Having TRAINED myself to focus deliberately the last 8 years, every day I can fullheartedly agree on that:
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    humans are poor focusers and so, usually, can't offer a non-contradicted vibration for the 64-68 seconds.
    I realized within *me* how many -not noticed, not aware- resistances and unhelpful beliefs we can hold. Of course I can only speak for me, but I was stunned To train yourself out of them, and into what is more wanted, and MORE GOODFEELING is really an art- and it takes a LOT of practice as soon you had practiced yourself for some time in the "normal" pretty disconnected way of living, -just as Abe say it is.

    But training yourself into the UNWANTED clarity of -as example- the plane-crash, seems to me even more hard, because our guidance is working. Which means, it feels TERRIBLE to do that and most people will shy away naturally from that un-natural behaviour, even without being aware of what they really are doing. It just feels too uncomfortable.

    Abe have said that to become a match to any highly unwanted reality, you must have crossed "endless red flags" (meaning, negative emotions).

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    Then why does Mrs. Hicks mention 68 seconds in that book, and then says you better do a 15-minute segment in the next LOA book??

    For me, the length of it is important. I'm not saying you should spend hours on LOA, but around 15 minutes is important. If it wasnt, and if I thought about a plane crash after I boarded a commercial flight for 68 seconds, it should happen
    Frisky, is the longer held the better or the purer vibration the better?
    there is no answer to that, just go for what you're drawn to
    I do find it quite elegant to let LOA do most of the heavy-lifting, then again training your one-pointedness is quite elegant as well

    It would be just nice to conclusively understand and really completely grog at the cellular level and once and for all that the very idea of lack is just simply bogus.
    My husband and son watch horror movies sometimes, and I don't, not because I am afraid of being afraid, I just don't find it interesting. Now if I similarly happened to be done with my human fascination for the idea of lack or loss, that would be game over. No more "work" needed. Go figure, maybe there is such an end point? it's just that that idea of lack finds a lot of hiding places...
    Last edited by rose essence; 1 Week Ago at 07:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •