Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tips to really 'FEEL' it when visualizing/doing affirmations?

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    Frisky, is the longer held the better or the purer vibration the better?
    there is no answer to that,
    Of course, you can answer that.

Is it "better" that you've tuned yourself to the station playing your favorite song for the briefest of instants? Or is it "better" to tune yourself to a station that's playing a song you hate for a longer period of time? Isn't that an easy answer?

I understand that it's hard to see the answer when we're using a vague, undefined term such as "better." But as far as these teachings go, we talk about "better-feeling" which then provides our answer to us in real-time, because our emotions are telling us when we're moving towards or away from the station that's playing the song that we want. We don't have to guess; we can know, in real-time.

It's so common in these conversations--particularly about visualization, which Abraham do not teach in the way that most people use that word or attempt that practice--to turn what is vibrational "work" into action WORK. Abraham's Step 3 is ALLOWING. Abraham teach "the art of ALLOWING," not "the job of making it happen" or "the act of conjuring it up," which is what's being talked about here, right from the OP. Those are two very different attitudes.

Now, people typically reply "But, WB, Abraham teach Virtual Reality. It's Process #4 in your beloved AAIIG." And they are correct. The Virtual Reality Process is Process #4 in AAIIG. But when Abraham's instructions are read carefully, we can see that their intention for this Process is very different from the intention behind the visualization techniques (taught--say--in the New Thought schools or in Ms Gawain's Creative Visualization) or the vision boards/treasure maps (suggested by other LoA teachers). Abraham teach the Virtual Reality Process as a tool for tuning ourselves to the frequency of the station where all our favorite songs are playing and then, in time, the station will play (i.e., manifest) for us from that station. In the meantime, we will be enjoying our experience more along the way (because as we use our emotional guidance system to tune our tuner, we will be encountering more stations playing more of the songs we prefer, even if we haven't yet gotten to the station that's broadcasting our ultimate playlist). When we get to our station that's broadcasting our ultimate playlist, we will then be enjoying all the songs that are being broadcast up until our manifestation of the song we had originally identified. This key piece of the emotional guidance system is something that's stil "a secret" in The Secret (and many other schools about the LoA).

Furthermore, Abraham's instructions for this Process in AAIIG explicitly ask us not to use any unfulfilled desires for the Virtual Reality Process because they know that our awareness of our lack of that desire is going to get in our way of the tuning that we (and they) want us to be doing. Our awareness of our lack of that desire is going to keep our tuner set to that station that we don't want. As a matter of important fact, we advise people against trying to use any technique with the intention of conjuring up a manifestation because that intention (we often call it an "ulterior motive") is focused on our lack of desire and, thereby, keeps our tuner tuned to that station that we don't want.

It would be just nice to conclusively understand and really completely grog at the cellular level and once and for all that the very idea of lack is just simply bogus.
    One easy way to get there is to stop giving attention to it, to stop talking about it. I'm not kidding. Another easy way (which you can "do" concurrently) is use your emotional guidance system to remind you, "Oh, that thought/idea/topic doesn't feel any form of 'good.' That means that my IB, who is connected to Infinite Intelligence, has a different idea about that." And, then, leave it alone and allow LoA do the heavy-lifting.

Now if I similarly happened to be done with my human fascination for the idea of lack or loss, that would be game over.
    "Game over"? "Game over" for the worry, yes. "Game over" for the angst (say, about what you eat), yes. "Game over" for the struggles with your children, yes. It seems like that's more of a "game beginning," than a "game over."

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Of course, you can answer that.

Is it "better" that you've tuned yourself to the station playing your favorite song for the briefest of instants? Or is it "better" to tune yourself to a station that's playing a song you hate for a longer period of time? Isn't that an easy answer?
    What I wrote is contextual to the conversation, which was btw at this stage not really about visualization, given that the 68 sec. timing is also applied to grids. So POE was saying, better 68 sec. because we're lousy focusers. Frisky was saying, well 15 min over 1 min is quite an obvious choice anyway, and I think she has a point there, as long as the 15 min are passed feeling better than usual. It wasn't of course about choosing between feeling good and feeling crappy because that is rather obvious, isn't it, at this point? I mean it would be quite an achievement not to have understood that...

The rest of my comments are just something I've been chewing on these days, never mind me, I should know better than getting creative here.... I know that Abraham say that we never get it done, and I don't think you actually understood what I was talking about, which is understandable as it was almost me mumbling to myself, sorry for that.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    What I wrote is contextual to the conversation, which was btw at this stage not really about visualization, given that the 68 sec. timing is also applied to grids. So POE was saying, better 68 sec. because we're lousy focusers. Frisky was saying, well 15 min over 1 min is quite an obvious choice anyway, and I think she has a point there, as long as the 15 min are passed feeling better than usual.
    Better than counting seconds or trying to force ourselves to focus "perfectly clear" for as long as possible is, imo, Abe´s very relaxed "rule of thumb": Whatever it is, do it as long as it feels good.

Yes exactly. Anyway the point you were making was important, as a pure vibration is really something powerful, and it's counterintuitive that 68 sec may sometimes be better than 15 min.
    There's such a thing as trying too hard!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    so very true!

I would like to add to the mix a trick I picked from the forum that came out to be quite useful with grids. Pure vibrations are all high up in the EGS, but there are themes that make it initially easier. So for example themes like ease, safe, flow, free, balance are easier to relate to, initially, than thrill, excitement, adventure. Now of course this idea can only be used loosely, based on what you're drawn to in the moment, but if it happens to be difficult to find a feeling place with traction, that can be a useful orienting principle.. Especially EASE is something also Abraham liked to begin with in the interactions I know that involved using the technique of grids.
    Last edited by rose essence; 1 Week Ago at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    One easy way to get there is to stop giving attention to it, to stop talking about it. I'm not kidding. Another easy way (which you can "do" concurrently) is use your emotional guidance system to remind you, "Oh, that thought/idea/topic doesn't feel any form of 'good.' That means that my IB, who is connected to Infinite Intelligence, has a different idea about that." And, then, leave it alone and allow LoA do the heavy-lifting
    This is exactly how I do it. To manifest something I do my 15-minute segment intending, and I then completely drop the subject and dont think about my rocket of desire anymore and just LOA do the rest.

It seems to work best that way (at least for me)