Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to increase my expectations of manifesting a specific job and partner

how to increase my expectations of manifesting a specific job and partner

I have two very important wishes that I wanted to accomplish.

the first is to work in a specific company here where I live
    the second desire to have a love relationship with a person that I really like.

I would like to know how I can increase my expectations on both subjects?

Abraham Hicks says expectation is key fulfillment of desire.

anyone could give suggestion or even examples

Welcome out of lurking, rbb2801!

Moderator's note: I've changed the title of your thread to better focus on the topic you'd like to discuss.

I've also moved your thread to the Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You sub-forum, where our discussions take place.
    (Technical Questions is for questions about the technology and operation of this Forum.)

To answer your question, I would highly recommend that you read an Abraham book (any one will do, but many people like to start with Ask and It Is Given) because you are presenting here a distorted summary of these teachings. It might be helpful for you to eat what Abraham actually teach.

If I were to summarize the teachings in the way that you have here, I would say that they teach us to line up with our desires. Their books (such as Ask and It Is Given) will explain to you how to do that (and why) as well as give you helpful tools and techniques as well as examples.

When you have the basis under your belt, we can certainly help you apply what you've read to topics of importance to you.

I wanted to explain something to you, I have mild autism traits, I can not understand very well what abraham wants to say

As I said I want to work in a specific company and would like to have a loving relationship with the person I like
    what kind of thoughts should I have that would bring me expectation positve

Quote Originally Posted by rbb2801 View Post
    I wanted to explain something to you, I have mild autism traits,...
    Please understand that I was NOT criticizing you AT ALL. As best as I can, I like to take the attitude of my IB* (and your own). I like to think that you are where you are and where you are is all right.

I can not understand very well what abraham wants to say
    Then maybe this is where we want to start our conversation. Because it's really hard to apply something that you don't understand very well, isn't it?

My point was that your question is based on a core misunderstanding of what Abraham teach. It's all right that you don't yet understand what Abraham teach. We all had (re-)learn this stuff ourselves.

As I said, the most thorough place I know of to learn the principles of these teachings is the Abraham books. You could read one of those books and, as you're reading along, ask us your questions about what you're reading and we together could help you understand what they're teaching. From that basis of understanding, we could then address your questions.

But if we start from your inaccurate premise, when we start talking about "your Vortex" and "the (original) 3 Steps of the Creative Process" and "resistance" and "alignment" and "your emotional guidance system," it's really likely that we'll just confuse you even more. And I doubt that we'd get to the solutions you're asking us for here. Let me give you an example:

As I said I want to work in a specific company and would like to have a loving relationship with the person I like
    what kind of thoughts should I have that would bring me expectation positve
    Answer: Thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better than the ones that you're currently thinking about these topics.

Now, I'm guessing (actually, I'm hoping that I'm guessing incorrectly, but still...) that this was not a satisfying answer to you. Yet, this IS the accurate Abraham answer. When you put this answer into the context of these teachings, then you might see how it fits into these teachings and you might be spurred onto some more questions of us and some ideas of your own as to how to apply this accurate Abraham answer. Does this make sense to you?

And I get it. When you're feeling a sense of urgency (as you've shared with us) you want a sort of recipe. But Abraham don't have a "Get me a job" or "Make X fall in love with me" recipe. That's not how these teachings operate. Abraham teach us to find our alignment first and then our jobs and lovers and houses, etc. flow to us.

ETA: We find our alignment by finding thoughts which still seem true to us yet which feel better. If we continue to do that, we practice ourselves into increasingly more positive expectations, because an expectation is just a practiced thought.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added link to Glossary

I tried to do something now, to have some little better thoughts on subject.
    I had the feeling of urgency to diminish, to diminish premonition about subject.

meditation

Could someone give me a hint on another question
    meditation.

I already tried to mantra, to listen to something like quiet sound, but I do not know very well what to do when I listen to this quiet sound and my mind can not handle it.

I have difficulty repeating certain words mentally and focusing on breathing

I already tried to mantra, to listen to something like quiet sound, but I do not know very well what to do when I listen to this quiet sound and my mind can not handle it.
    In English, many people often refer to "the practice of meditation," because it really can be a practice. Which means that you don't start off right off the bat meditating really well. In fact, Esther is the only person that I know of who took to meditation instantly. (Of course, I'm sure there are many others. I just don't know about them.)

Now, I'm going to talk about something and it may seem to you that I've gone off your question, but I'll bring myself back to your question. I promise.

So, think back to when you (or a baby that you might have known) were learning to walk. You (or that baby) didn't just haul yourself up from crawling and walk, perfectly, out the door to walk forever more, did you? We don't do that, none of us. Instead, we have to learn and then practice ourselves into every skill that we have. It's the same with meditation.

Here's a helpful thing to keep in mind, as you practice your meditation. When your mind wanders (and it will) and you bring your attention back to your mantra or your breathing, THAT is meditation. You see, most people incorrectly think that they're doing meditation "wrong," when their minds wander. Not at all. When you bring it back to your mantra or breathing, that's your meditation. You're doing it "right." Isn't that good to know?

Another helpful thing to keep in your mind is that we've trained ourselves to focus our minds. So, meditation is an unfamiliar "activity" for most of us. That's actually what makes it so effective. But Abraham understand that they're asking us to do something that's unusual for most of us to do, which is why they only recommend that we meditate for 15 to 20 minutes a day.

because of my learning difficulties, autism

I have difficulty finding thoughts that I understood because it makes me feel good, I wanted both to fulfill these two desires.

I've read all the abraham hicks books, all of them.

I have no idea how I can have thoughts to improve how I feel about these two issues.

I do not know where or how to start

1 - enter into expecifico work
    2- person relationship I like

Because of my mental disorder I find it difficult to be creative
    have new thoughts on this subject that makes me feel good

So, we're starting in a different place. Good! Because we might be able to get towards where you want to be from where you're now starting. Let's see how we do!

because of my learning difficulties, autism...

I'm going to ask you a question. There is no “right” or “wrong" answer and I'm NOT suggesting that you did or are doing anything inappropriate. And because you've read your books, you'll understand why I'm asking you my question:

How does this thought feel?

(We'll come back to your answer later.)

...I have difficulty finding thoughts that I understood because it makes me feel good,

Well, the good news here is you don't have to reach for “good.” You only have to reach for “better.” You CAN reach for and find thoughts which feel better.

I don't know what thoughts you're thinking about any of this, so let's pretend that I'm thinking:
    “I don't have enough money.”

I think we can both agree that this thought isn't going to feel very good to me. Now, remember: I want to find a thought which still seems true to me yet which feels better. So, I might find:
    “As I think about my money in my life, I can recall times when I've made more money or made less. My money fluctuates.”

That's going to seem true to me (Check off one criterion) and will feel better (Check two!) to me because rather than looking at my current income as something that's not changing, I've opened myself to the possibility that my income could change in the future. Do you see?

Let's continue. Then I might think:
    “Yeah, but I don't know how to increase my income.”

That's going to feel “worse” to me. So, I might feel around and come up with:
    “Sure. In this red-hot minute, I don't know how to do that. But I can remember times when I didn’t know something that I’ve wanted to do and then I’ve learned how to do it.”

That’s going to seem true to me (because I can truly remember those times) and I’m going to feel better because I’ve opened a door to a possibility of me moving forward. I might then want to feel even better so I might think about the things that I HAVE learned. They might not, at first, be related to money or how to get it. They might be things like “I learned to walk” or “I learned how to write” or “I learned how to log onto the Internet, etc.” Thinking about the things that I have learned is going to feel better to me than thinking about what I don’t know. You know what I mean, right?

And then I might be able to remember that, at first, I didn’t know how to apply for my first job, but I learned that. And that produced more money for me. And, then, you see I’ve worked my way--gently, easily--towards my “issue.”

As you can see, it also doesn’t take a lot of "creativity." You’re not finding “new” thoughts and you're not finding a set of magic words to say or think to get your manifestations. You’re simply paying attention, at first, to the thoughts that you’re already thinking, noticing how you feel as you think them and then deciding to give more attention and more air time to the thoughts that you’re already thinking which feel better than your other thoughts. You can do that.

Question:
    I want to work as a company my dream to work, but I do not believe I can do it

I always get jobs easily
    I already had good jobs before
    I have no reason to bother with work
    I've already realized wishes before with the law of attraction
    I've never had a hard time getting a job
    hundreds of jobs are moved every day.
    Every day hundreds of people are getting a new job