Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Money and security

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    15

    Money and security

    Hello fellow Abe friends! Been lurking on the forum for about a year now and have decided itís time to post something myself.

    i feel like my grasp and understanding of the LOA has gotten so much stronger and clearer and there have been many times where Iíve felt like I just ďget itĒ. However, there is one subject and an emotion tied to that subject that I seem to getting stuck on.

    Money and security.

    My first instinct with this seems to be to put a happy sticker on it but clearly my techniques havenít been working so Iím just gonna express how Iím feeling even if itís a little yucky at this stage.

    For whatever reason, and I donít think itís necessarily important to know how or why this is the way it is, but for whatever reason I have a lot of insecurity that money has revealed to me. Iíll be doing fine, or so I think, just kinda going with the flow, trusting that the universe is taking care of me. Iíll get a little momentum going in the right direction, have some see-it/hear-it/taste-it manifestations that help me know Iím on the right track. And then Iíll look at my bank account, see a scary low number, and Iím thrown right back out of it. Iíll talk to myself about it, say Iíve been here before and Iíve always been given a hand. I havenít missed a payment in almost a year. This is old news. Iíll even try some processes like the focus wheel. But the conditions are much different now (my high paying job I manifested last year has stopped calling me in for some reason a couple months ago) so itís become even harder to let go. I guess before it was easier to trust when I knew I had a paycheck coming in.

    It recently ďoccurredĒ to me that I donít have to work to make/create money. I donít have to keep taking these low paying jobs that I donít care about. Itís possible I could be making a living doing something I LOVE doing! And what I love doing is making movies and itís looking like my partner and I are very close to making our first film actually happen! Itís all very exciting and for the first time ever I really believe itís happening, before it was always this far off distant dream. So IOW, it definitely feels like Iím in a belief transition that can be very exhilarating when Iím high on the EGS and very scary when im not, usually because of money. Many artists are familiar with this one: how do I make money while pursuing something that doesnít pay yet? Until we get financing for the movie, I canít be paid for all the work Iím doing. I believe that will happen, but until then, my credit cards are a grocery trip away from maxing out. I donít have savings either. Itís kinda like all my usual feel better conditions are slowly being taken away from me until I have no choice but to see just how scared I really am. I worry whatíll happen if I canít feed myself, pay my credit card bills, and my rent especially sends me over the edge bc I moved into a nicer building after I got that job I mentioned earlier.

    Im aware thereís lots of negativity in my post and Iím fully aware that Iím making this post coming from a lower point on the scale. I want to feel better. Period. And it seems like I could use some insight from a different vantage point to maybe see what Iím not letting myself see. Or maybe hear from someone whoís experienced that dreading sense of ďwhat am I going to do if...Ē and managed to turn that boat downstream? This belief must have a lot of momentum behind it otherwise I wouldnít be having such a hard time, right? So many other beliefs Iíve changed so easily, whatís up with this one?


    I appreciate all your help and insight!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    i feel like my grasp and understanding of the LOA has gotten so much stronger and clearer and there have been many times where Iíve felt like I just ďget itĒ.
    Let's start here.

    Isn't it powerful to have seen that you once stood in a place of "not knowing" and deciding that you want something different, something "more" for yourself? And isn't it exciting to watch your progress as you feel your way from your place of "not knowing" towards what you want? And don't you enjoy the rush when you feel the rightness of the trail that you're on? And isn't that thrill, as you discover a nugget, when you "get" a nugget, just delicious? And, from that experience, from that bit that you've lived before, can't you project out forward, envisioning more rightness, more discovery and more "getting"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    For whatever reason, and I donít think itís necessarily important to know how or why this is the way it is, ---
    You're correct. So, good for you for not getting sidetracked by those unimportant and old how's and why's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    ...but for whatever reason I have a lot of insecurity...
    Let's say that a little better: "...but for whatever reason I feel Insecurity around the topic of..."

    When we make this little revision, then my response would be, "So, your emotional guidance system is working and you've been paying attention to your emotional guidance system?" And, you, understanding the concept of your emotional guidance system and remembering that Insecurity is a place on Abraham's Emotional Guidance Scale, would recognize that this is a good thing, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Iíll be doing fine, or so I think, just kinda going with the flow, trusting that the universe is taking care of me. Iíll get a little momentum going in the right direction, have some see-it/hear-it/taste-it manifestations that help me know Iím on the right track.
    All of what I've been saying has been in preparation for this beautiful nugget here. Somewhere along your way, you stop paying attention to your emotional guidance and instead start using your manifestations to guide yourself. The thing is that your manifestations are old news, vibrationally. That's like driving your car forward but staring fixedly into your rear view mirror. That way of driving is bound to give you a few surprises, no? It's the same thing here. If you want to manage your vibration in real-time, you'll want to start paying more attention to your real-time vibrational indicators, which are your emotions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    And then Iíll look at my bank account, see a scary low number,...
    You see, your number (whether it's "high" or "low") didn't just come out of the blue. If you were focusing more on your emotional indicators, you'll have seen that you'd been getting emotional clues all the way along your way to your number, because what we feel and what we get is always a match. Now, it's all right that you had been having your clues and it's all right even if you hadn't been paying attention to the clues you'd been having. That's led us to this conversation so that now you can start making some decisions for yourself about if (and how) you might like to "work" a little differently with your vibration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    ... and Iím thrown right back out of it.
    Here's an important point. It may seem like I'm nitpicking with you here but you're saying this as if it's your number which is throwing you out of it. But it's not. It's your thoughts about your number which are throwing you out of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Iíll talk to myself about it, say Iíve been here before and Iíve always been given a hand. I havenít missed a payment in almost a year. This is old news.
    Here's where we bundle together the ideas which we've been discussing. These thoughts that you've been saying, whilst they are all true and "good" don't really address the thoughts that you're thinking when you see your number. Have you ever been with a dear, long-time friend who has just experienced the news of her break-up? She's clearly distraught and you, having a long history with her, remind her (truthfully) how she's been here before, how she's gotten through this before, how there have been others who have helped her out in those times, how those times are getting fewer and far between, have you ever done that? All of what you say is true and accurate but--and this is key--your true accurate words don't help your friend in that moment to feel better. That's what's going on here with you.

    So, what would be more helpful (and I'm sure you've learned this with your friend) is to listen to the story your friend is telling (or you are telling yourself about your number) and then finding thoughts about that story which feel better. How will you know when you've found those thoughts? Because you will feel better. You have instant feedback, you see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Iíll even try some processes like the focus wheel. But the conditions are much different now (my high paying job I manifested last year has stopped calling me in for some reason a couple months ago) so itís become even harder to let go. I guess before it was easier to trust when I knew I had a paycheck coming in.
    Now, notice that you've sort of switched topics on yourself here. We went from your manifesting number to a topic about jobs, your job history, what jobs mean to you, etc. It's all right that you've done that but your posted thoughts about your number aren't going to do much to soothe this topic, are they? Especially not right in the middle of your discomfort of your number.

    Now, when we have a fair amount of momentum going on, it's normal that our momentum is going to activate a number of topics that are vibrational matches to our momentum, starting with related topics first. That's what's going on here.

    Now, if we're busy staring into a rear-view mirror as we're driving forward, we're going to be surprised when we ram into stuff or when our course corrections don't seem to be effective. So, we usually decide to reorient our focus, in this case, towards your emotional guidance.

    From the way that you're presenting this here, you've been having an active vibration about jobs, your job history, how they bring money to you, what they mean to you, etc. which, naturally, is interacting with your bank balance vibration. Let me say that more clearly: Isn't it natural, when you're aware that your job hasn't been flowing to you and you've been defining your job as your primary pipeline of money (as most people do) and you have some ideas about jobs and pipelines that are available to you (even if they are in the process of changing) and you've been focusing on the manifestations of all of that, isn't it natural that all of that would result in a money vibration which results in a manifestation of your number? You're getting (aren't you?) how all of this is a vibrational match, right?

    Now, before you start making yourself discouraged about how big this all seems, stick with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    So IOW, it definitely feels like Iím in a belief transition...
    Good for you.

    A question for you: What makes anything a "transition"? A different way of asking that is "How will you know when your 'transition' is over?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    ...that can be very exhilarating when Iím high on the EGS and very scary when im not, usually because of money.
    Because isn't this sort of wobble what makes anything a "transition"? So, what is a "belief transition"? If we use Abraham's definition of a Belief as "a thought that you keep thinking; it's just a practiced thought," then a belief transition must be a period when we move from a thought/story that we had been practicing to a thought/story that we will have practiced. And we don't just "beam" there instantly. This isn't Star Trek. There is that period of--as you rightly labeled it--"transition," where we're still discovering, refining, practicing our new thoughts/story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Many artists are familiar with this one: how do I make money while pursuing something that doesnít pay yet?
    If you look at those many artists who have navigated this one, you'll see that there is No.One.Right.Answer. Their answer was their own work of art. They each created their path that was right for them. You will be the same.

    Since you're asking this question here on The ABE Forum, we're going to tell you that you've already created your path, vibrationally, and that your IB is calling you to the path that you've already created for yourself. But in order to "hear" your IB's calling, you'll want to withdraw your focus from your manifestations so that you can focus instead on your emotional guidance, using your emotional guidance to direct your focus towards thoughts which are still true to you yet which feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I believe that will happen,...
    We humans can be really sloppy with our words and words are already clumsy in comparison to the subtleties of vibration. But a lot of times, we humans say the words "I believe..." when we're offering a vibration that's very different from the vibration of Belief. That subtle distinction is important, when it comes to this material. You Believe that the sun will come up tomorrow morning. You Believe that when you let go of an object in your hand on this planet, it will fall "down" instead of "up." Feel the feeling of the vibration of Belief. Compare it to how you feel as you say or wrote the words of your belief here. They're different feelings, aren't they?

    You mentioned "HFS" above. Your use of "belief" here might be considered a "HFS." IOW, it might be more accurate for you to say, "I've heard Abraham say that can happen and I've seen/heard of instances of that happening for other people. But when I look at my manifestations, I think a whole variety of thoughts which contradict that thought and my whole variety of thoughts are really getting my attention."

    So, as far as these teachings are concerned, you have two options (and you can do them concurrently):

    • You can withdraw your attention from your manifestations, as best as you "responsibily" can. AND
    • You can soothe your contradictory thoughts.


    When I say "soothe," I mean find thoughts which still seem true (like your current thoughts) to you yet which feel better (than your current thoughts). At this point in our conversation, you can see how the soothing thoughts that you had posted above don't really fit those two criteria. As a result, they don't really feel soothing to you. You can tell when you find a soothing thought because you feel relief when you think your soothing thought. (Pro tip: "Wishful thinking" doesn't really produce relief because we can all feel our "wish" in that. Our "wish" is trying to make ourselves believe something that we're not yet in the vicinity of Believing.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    ...but until then, my credit cards are a grocery trip away from maxing out. I donít have savings either. Itís kinda like all my usual feel better conditions are slowly being taken away from me until I have no choice but to see just how scared I really am.
    Remember that "key" point I made above? Here's where it comes into play. It's your thoughts--not the conditions--which make you feel better. (Or, in this case, "worse.") And that's really good to know in your situation because you can't do anything about your conditions in this red-hot moment. (Otherwise, you'd be doing that, right?) But you CAN do something about your thoughts that you're thinking about your conditions--past, present and future. And that CAN produce relief for you in the next 10 minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Im aware thereís lots of negativity in my post and Iím fully aware that Iím making this post coming from a lower point on the scale. I want to feel better. Period.
    Then you will want to find thoughts which feel better than the thoughts that you are thinking. I'm highlighting those you's--NOT to be blameful--but this goes back to our imagined conversation with your friend about her break-up. When you offered her (and yourself, about your number) words which didn't address what she was thinking or the story she was telling, your words--whilst accurate and true--were just "blah, blah, blah." Our words are going to do the same, because we don't know what thoughts you are thinking, why these things are "bad" or "wrong" to you. But you DO. Start there.

    Give it a shot here, if you'd like.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    15
    Thanks Wellbeing for the quick and thorough response. You definitely touched on a lot of topics here that stung a little bit but totally rang true. I might reply to this in multiple posts because you gave me so much to chew on. Iím already feeling way better and even went to check the mail this morning and lo and behold! A check was in there. I laughed, because I even asked myself this morning when I wrote this how much money would it take for me to feel better and it was almost that exact #.

    Which is a good segue for one of your great points which is to not get hung up on the manifestations (paraphrasing). Thatís definitely a good catch for me. When you have a positive manifestation, like the check earlier today, itís cool to get excited about it right? I used to get excited about the THING ($$) but now its more like Iím on the right track, Iím sniffing it out. I totally understand the value in detaching good or bad though, seems like a wise move for stability in your vibration. Not to mention itís waiting for the manifestation to see where my vibration is/was rather than just paying attention to my emotions. Noted!

    Another great point is this idea of transitional ideas or stories and I think we might have been saying the same thing. Iíll try and elaborate a bit... A recent epiphany I had was that I didnít have to have to have a full time day job or some job I donít enjoy to make a living. There are a bajillion pipe lines the universe can deliver finances to me. That was a very new, real thought. It was exhilarating and felt so right I canít even begin to explain in words. I could work on my movie and the universe could take care of the money and the bills and everything? It sounded too good to be true but I recognize that it can be true if I allow it. Im obviously not there 100% but typing this out Iím realizing Iím a lot closer than I was realizing. I might have been beating myself up for not being where I want to be, not recognizing Iím actually a lot closer than I was. Iím also seeing how Iíve been thinking of money in terms of what I need to get by rather than thrive and I think Iím feeling ready to thrive. IOW, Iíve been asking for money to pay my bare necessities and it totally has! I want to have that *and* some to play with. Sounds like itís time I get clearer on that...

    I do see what you mean about the word belief vs the vibration of belief. If I was to compare my belief to the sun coming up every day, Iíd say itís pretty close if I take away a time line. I truly believe Iíll get to make this movie and itíll be financially profitable. But I canít say I believe with the same certainty of when thatíll happen. I do really like using that as a gauge for certainty, though. I also really like that feeling: certainty. Mmmmmm

    You made such a great point about talking to a friend. I can say ďitíll get better donít worryĒ or whatever but it wonít make her feel better... and thatís whatís going on with me. So I guess a better question to ask the universe might be whatís the best way to soothe myself when Iím face to face with something unwanted?

    Also, this is a side question but related... just popped up... I know itís not our job to fill in our grid. But, if we can take action that will eleviate some tension, is that something that Abraham recommends? Like with my injury, I took ibuprofen to soften the pain to help me focus on other things. Or when I got dumped I blocked my ex in my phone for a while so I wouldnít see him. Or with my finances, if rent is my highest bill and gives me the most anxiety, I could make some small payments throughout the month so when the due date is approaching now itís a few hundred and not a thousand, does that make sense? Or is it a better use of my time and energy to shift my belief about whatís ďbigĒ?

    Again, thank you for everything, especially for taking the time to give me such a detailed response. Iíll probably refer to some of your other points shortly once I feel like itís absorbed.

    Caitlin

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    15
    ďOur words are going to do the same, because we don't know what thoughts you are thinking, why these things are "bad" or "wrong" to you. But you DO. Start there.

    Give it a shot here, if you'd like.Ē

    Well this morning I woke up and took action (checked my bank account) before coming into alignment and it threw me off the horse so to speak. Itís understandable, when I think about the manifestations of the last few days and how this was already a raw topic for me, considering. But I know, because I have seen endless examples of this happening, that my power is in the NOWó whatís already manifested is old news. So itís all okay, Iím right where I need to be and I have seen all kinds of cool stuff manifest in what seems like an instant so timing isnít really my concern here. What I can concern myself with is how I feel and look at that! The universe even delivered a check to me today to make this even easier. Thank you, Source! And thank you, Me for making that happen. That check was from a gig the universe totally delivered into my lap and the job was fun and easy and paid well. I love it when he universe takes care of this stuff because there a million jobs Iíd probably enjoy and Source knows which ones Iíll enjoy the most and get the most out of it. Money isnít scary! Money is fun! Source is fun! Iím fun! And when I remember that, I feel amazing. I feel infinite. I feel supported and cared for and stable and invincible. I can do this and I am doing this and Iíve had wayyyyy less of a number in my bank account and Iíve been far more unemployed and I found a way. And it didnít require me to burn any bridges or hurt anyone or do anything shady. It all worked out. For me. Like it always does.


    Yeah. That feels a hell of a lot better

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    When you have a positive manifestation, like the check earlier today, it’s cool to get excited about it right?
    Yes, of course, it is cool. However, in your post, notice you were doing the opposite of that. You were using your “negative" manifestations--your manifestations of lack of what you want--to your reasons to feel bad. Can you see that?

    Either way, “positive” manifestation or “negative” manifestation, it’s still OLD NEWS. Either way, you're still looking in that rear-view mirror. All of your manifestations are indicators of what you HAD BEEN doing with your vibration. They do not necessarily need to have anything with what you are NOW doing with your vibration. And ALL of your creative power is in the NOW.

    And can you see the trap in this way of thinking? The trap is that when you look to your manifestations to set your vibrational tone, then you come to the incorrect conclusion that you need a check in your mailbox to feel better. Then, when there is no check in your mailbox, you're screwed, aren't you? That's what you were telling us in your OP: the number in your bank want what you wanted, the work from your job isn't showing up, the financing isn't showing up and you didn't know what to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I used to get excited about the THING ($$) but now its more like I’m on the right track, I’m sniffing it out.
    I'm going to ask you gently but directly: Were you doing “I'm on the right track, I'm sniffing it out” in your OP? If so, where? Or is this more of the platitudes like you posted in your OP, which sound like “blah, blah, blah” to your friend.

    I'm sure those words provide relief to you at times and, maybe now that your check is that check between you and bare cupboards so your practiced vibration isn't as throbbing as it was when you wrote your OP, this is one of those moments.

    But at the moment that you were writing your OP, I wonder if those thoughts would have brought you the feeling of relief. And if that's the case, you have more information about what you might want to do with your thoughts and your vibration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I totally understand the value in detaching good or bad though,
    like a wise move for stability in your vibration.
    Let's talk about why that is. First off, there is no such thing as “good” or “bad.” Those are meaningless terms. More accurate terms might be “wanted (by you)” and “unwanted (by you).” But even those terms are largely inaccurate because EVERY thing is a mixture of wanted (by you) aspects and unwanted (by you) aspects. “Good/bad”, “Unwanted/Wanted” don't tell us anything about any thing. All those terms tell us about is how you are focusing. This is important because EVERY thing is a mixture of wanted (by you) aspects and unwanted (by you) aspects, so you might not be able to do anything about the thing in order to feel better. But you CAN do something about your focus and feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Another great point is this idea of transitional ideas or stories and I think we might have been saying the same thing.
    We were. I was highlighting that and pointing out that your very idea of “transition” implies a transition, which you were not allowing for yourself in your post. I was highlighting an opportunity you had in your own idea of “transition” that you could have used to soothe your thoughts about the extremes you were reporting to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    It sounded too good to be true but I recognize that it can be true if I allow it. Im obviously not there 100% but typing this out I’m realizing I’m a lot closer than I was realizing. I might have been beating myself up for not being where I want to be, not recognizing I’m actually a lot closer than I was.
    Then your “negative” post (to use your terms) had value to you. IOW, you've just shown yourself what I was talking about when I said EVERY thing is a mixture of wanted by you aspects and unwanted by you aspects. When you were writing about your OP as “negative,” you weren't focusing on the wanted (by YOU) aspects, which were there, in your posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I do see what you mean about the word belief vs the vibration of belief. If I was to compare my belief to the sun coming up every day, I’d say it’s pretty close if I take away a time line.
    Then your thoughts around “time line” are ones you CAN soothe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I truly believe I’ll get to make this movie and it’ll be financially profitable. But I can’t say I believe with the same certainty of when that’ll happen.
    Normally, I'd recommend that you remove your attention from this piece of it or soothe your uncertain thoughts about “when.” But you've shared something else in your OP, which you're forgetting here. You've tied this project into your Now income and your Now job. So, your “when” has (or at least it had, when you wrote your OP) some meaningful (for you) impact on your Now money and your prospects for more money. That's something else which you'll want to soothe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    You made such a great point about talking to a friend. I can say “it’ll get better don’t worry” or whatever but it won’t make her feel better... and that’s what’s going on with me. So I guess a better question to ask the universe might be what’s the best way to soothe myself when I’m face to face with something unwanted?
    Perhaps. But that sort of seems like giving away power that you now DO have to the universe, who may or mayn’t give up the goods.

    To me, it seems much more easy to step back into your certainty that you CAN soothe yourself, that it's a skill you frequently use with others, so there's no reason why you can't use your same skill with yourself. Then soothe yourself. But, as you do with your friend, listen to your story first and speak to the story you just heard. If you don't start with your own story, then your words (or ours or Abraham's) are just going to sound like the “blah, blah, blah” they've been sounding like.

    (Your side question is a longer answer, so I'll post this and give your side question the attention it deserves.)
    Last edited by WellBeing; 4 Days Ago at 06:40 PM. Reason: Formatting

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    15
    “And can you see the trap in this way of thinking?”
    Yes totally. So celebrate the manifestations that are easy to celebrate and let go of the ones that aren’t? Trying not to use judgmental words like good or bad, I appreciate you calling me out on that.


    ‘I'm going to ask you gently but directly: Were you doing “I'm on the right track, I'm sniffing it out” in your OP? If so, where? Or is this more of the platitudes like you posted in your OP, which sound like “blah, blah, blah” to your friend.’
    No I mean I definitely feel good things from that check, mostly relief, but I’ve been through this enough times to realize it’s not the check I wanted, it was to feel better. When I manifest some money I mostly get excited that I’m on the right track. I’m understanding on a deeper level that I have to pay attention to my emotions rather than the manifestations, though. And I’m also starting to see how those emotions might be all over the place... which I can stabilize.


    “I'm sure those words provide relief to you at times and, maybe now that your check is that check between you and bare cupboards so your practiced vibration isn't as throbbing as it was when you wrote your OP, this is one of those moments.”
    oh for sure. Is it unhelpful for me to utilize this as leverage though? Now it’s easier to soothe myself and get back into alignment, is that going to help change the practiced vibration? Or is it like when you go to bed with a vibration, you’re gonna wake up with that vibration? IOW, is that like a bandaid over a gaping wound? Cause I obviously want to change my practices vibration, not just put a HFS on it.


    “But at the moment that you were writing your OP, I wonder if those thoughts would have brought you the feeling of relief. And if that's the case, you have more information about what you might want to do with your thoughts and your vibration.”
    Probably not, if I’m being honest with myself. I understand that on an intellectual level (that it’s not the money I want but the feeling of security), but is it something that gives me relief when I’m scared? No. My brain thinks money will relieve that feeling; but I recognize I’m the only one who can relieve that feeling.


    “ I was highlighting that and pointing out that your very idea of “transition” implies a transition, which you were not allowing for yourself in your post. I was highlighting an opportunity you had in your own idea of “transition” that you could have used to soothe your thoughts about the extremes you were reporting to us.”
    I see that now. Understand on an intellectual level. Lots of questions popping up about bridging beliefs, how to transition from one belief (“I have to suffer to make money”) to another (“I make money doing enjoyable activities”). Just an example. Might need a new thread for that one...seems I’ve opened a yummy can of worms here.


    ‘‘Then your “negative” post (to use your terms) had value to you. IOW, you've just shown yourself what I was talking about when I said EVERY thing is a mixture of wanted by you aspects and unwanted by you aspects. When you were writing about your OP as “negative,” you weren't focusing on the wanted (by YOU) aspects, which were there, in your posts.’
    I see that now. In my desperation, I was really driving home all the unwanted. In my relaxation now, I can see how I’m closer to what I want than I was. And I have got to stop taking score of my progress by the number in my bank account!!!!!


    You've tied this project into your Now income and your Now job. So, your “when” has (or at least it had, when you wrote your OP) some meaningful (for you) impact on your Now money and your prospects for more money. That's something else which you'll want to soothe.”
    Bingo!!! I’ve been like “hey I just gotta find a way to survive til the money for this movie comes in!” Or “if I can just make it til then, all will be fine.” Probably not the best standpoint, I’m seeing that now. What I’d like it to be, honestly, is that plenty of money comes in from all kinds of projects I like working on! That’s really what gets me excited. As much as I’d like the movie to happen this year, I understand timing is out of my control and there can be plenty of other projects I can be involved in along the way! In fact, as I was typing this I just got an offer for a music video shooting in Joshua tree! How cool!!!

    ‘To me, it seems much more easy to step back into your certainty that you CAN soothe yourself, that it's a skill you frequently use with others, so there's no reason why you can't use your same skill with yourself. Then soothe yourself. But, as you do with your friend, listen to your story first and speak to the story you just heard. If you don't start with your own story, then your words (or ours or Abraham's) are just going to sound like the “blah, blah, blah” they've been sounding like.’
    I’ll be honest I was very hesitant posting anything this morning bc I knew I wasn’t on the HFD and honestly the last time I posted you were hard on me (looking back it doesn’t seem so harsh but at the time I was like what the heck, dude!!! Lol) and I knew I would be served some hard truths. But I gotta say, I’m loving these “hard” truths now. Bring them on! I want to go downstream more and more of the time and I’m getting less and less tolerant of crappy moods, injuries, and accidents.. I’ve felt what alignment feels like and there’s nothing like it, it’s the best feeling in the world. And this is helping me understand things on a much deeper level, which I believe will only help me achieve that, so thank you.

    Youre deeply appreciated.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Also, this is a side question but related... just popped up... I know it’s not our job to fill in our grid.

    You start your question in a perfect way, because “the grid” is vibration. When we talk about the grid, we're talking about a grid of vibrational.

    When we talk about “filling in our grid,” we're talking about doing something (an action) to fill in our grid.. So, let’s ask ourselves, “Why are we wanting to do something to fill in our grid?” Because we’re Doubting the process or we’re feeling Impatience. IOW, we’re having emotional guidance (I capitalized those words to remind us that those emotions are on Abraham’s Emotional Guidance Scale) and we feel the discomfort of our emotional guidance. But rather than tending to those thoughts which are creating our emotions of Doubt or of Impatience, we jump into the action of trying to make LoA go faster or “filling in our own grid.” It’s all right if we do that, but it doesn’t address the “problem” (our emotional discomfort) at its cause (our thoughts). So, it’s not the solution that we think it is. This is that confusing of the condition and our thoughts as the cause of our “negative” emotions, as we’ve been talking about here, right?

    In addition to the stuff we’ve already been talking about, it’s important to remember that action has way less leverage than vibrational alignment has. Sure, I can move this chair from here to there and we can observe the effects of that. Because we can see the change from my moving of the chair (and because we dismiss the change from our moving of our vibration), we get a distorted understanding of the power of action. We get the two turned around, thinking that action has more power than vibration. But that’s not the case.

    (And think about what drew you to these teachings in the first place. Isn’t it because you sensed that there had to be more to the whole story than banging things into place with action? Hadn’t you had times when you offered your action and it “worked” and other times when that same action in the same circumstances didn’t “work” and didn’t you wonder why? And haven’t you noticed how you might have worked really, really hard in this area and that one, who wasn’t ľ as talented as you, didn’t work at all and that one got ahead and you didn’t? IOW, you’ve got to sense that there’s more to this story than just the power of action or you would be out there, like everyone else, banging things into place through action, right?)

    So I’m going to say something important to you here: Action only brings us more which matches the vibration we had going on, when we received our inspiration to take our action. Let that sink in, for a moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    But, if we can take action that will eleviate some tension, is that something that Abraham recommends?

    Now that we’ve had our discussion about your check in your mailbox and because I started this reply where I did, you might start to see the flawed premise that your question is based upon. When you say “tension,” you mean “negative emotion” or “emotional discord,” don’t you? What does Abraham teach us about how we create our “negative emotion”? Don’t we create

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Like with my injury, I took ibuprofen to soften the pain to help me focus on other things. Or when I got dumped I blocked my ex in my phone for a while so I wouldn’t see him.

    There’s nothing “wrong” with what you’re doing. After all, you CANNOT get it wrong. But did the medicine soften your pain? Not according to these teachings. But, because of your past experience with that medicine and perhaps your experience with the medical community who created and offer that medicine, taking your medicine allowed you to lessen your resistant thoughts which intensified your pain. It’s rather like your check showing up in your mailbox today. You observed your check/taking the medicine and then allowed yourself to think better-feeling thoughts. It’s not hard to imagine that someone who hadn’t taken the medicine would be thinking [truthfully--no judgement here], “OMG, this pain! I cannot take it anymore. I’ve been suffering all the 14 hours that I’ve been up.”, etc. Then when they did take the medicine, they could think about all the times that the medicine brought them relief and now they were looking forward to another experience of that now and so on. That’s a significant vibrational shift.

    Am I saying “never take medicine”? NO, not at all. I’m simply pointing out what’s responsible for what in your situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Or with my finances, if rent is my highest bill and gives me the most anxiety, I could make some small payments throughout the month so when the due date is approaching now it’s a few hundred and not a thousand, does that make sense? Or is it a better use of my time and energy to shift my belief about what’s “big”?

    This story right here demonstrates to you that it’s your thoughts about the subject which are causing your tension and your relief. Your rent is the same. Your monthly payments are the same. The only thing that’s different from this story and writing one single check each month are your thoughts that you think about your ability to pay your rent, about the bigness of your rent, etc. Is there anything inappropriate about what you’re doing? No, not at all. But you do have the ability to think your different, relief-giving thoughts without the action.

    Sometimes, because of the habits that we’ve practiced and the momentum that comes from our habits and the manifestations which come from our momentum from our habits, life comes at us. After all, we are where we are and where we are IS all right. Sometimes, that car--literally--comes barreling at us down that San Francisco hill. That’s not the moment to be doing a Focus Wheel. Leaping out of the way of our manifestation is so much wiser in that moment. But, ultimately, we want to practice ourselves into habits which don’t manifest into cars barreling at us down that hill. Does that make sense?


  8. #8
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    “And can you see the trap in this way of thinking?”
    Yes totally. So celebrate the manifestations that are easy to celebrate and let go of the ones that aren’t? Trying not to use judgmental words like good or bad, I appreciate you calling me out on that.

    I wasn’t calling you out on that. I was hoping that my explanation would help you to see ways of “working” with your thoughts and manifestations.

    So, if you’re in the vicinity of “celebration,” then, yes, celebrate whatever you can, as often as you can. But if you’re not in the vicinity of “celebration,” you’re not likely to make that leap. The LoA won’t let us do something that is very different from what we’ve been practicing. For example, even when you wrote your OP, you had largely-wanted manifestations that you had the ability to celebrate, but the LoA wasn’t going to help you find that vibration of celebration about those things. In fact, if I had pointed that out to you at that time, my words would have been that “blah, blah, blah” we’ve been talking about, right?

    You’re really just going to have to feel your way through this for yourself. Sometimes, you can withdraw your focus from your number and focus instead on how the sun came up for you and that shift of your focus will feel like relief. Sometimes, you will just have to take honest refuge in the contemplation that, somewhere in this mound of pony poop that you’ve just manifested for yourself, there is something that you want. (Like, if there’s pony poop, that must mean there’s a pony somewhere nearby.) There are many different techniques. You know the Processes probably as well as I do. But they all boil down to one idea, which you’ve already heard from me: find thoughts or focus that seem true to you yet which feel better to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    No I mean I definitely feel good things from that check, mostly relief,...

    I understand what you mean here but I really want to be clear on this point. Your relief isn’t coming from your check. Your relief is coming from your very different thoughts that you’re thinking as you observe that check in your presence. IOW, you’re not thinking a lot of your OP’s thoughts any more. And that’s such an important point that I keep harping on it. You’re using your check as your reason for thinking your different thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    but I’ve been through this enough times to realize i’s not the check I wanted, it was to feel better.

    That’s important that you understand that.

    So, here’s something that you might want to consider: when you wrote your OP, you had a lot of momentum going on. It’s all right that you did. However, the power of your experience (which prompted your OP) might suggest to you that you might want to clean up some of those “negative” thoughts that you shared in your OP. Not for us and certainly not for me. But so that is a less active vibration for yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    When I manifest some money I mostly get excited that I’m on the right track.

    That’s understandable. However, then you need to be always manifesting some money to let you know that you’re on the right track. If you’re not manifesting money or--as you were doing when you saw your number--if you’re manifesting lack-of-money, then how are you going to know if you’re on the right track?

    When you rely on your emotions to let you know which way you’re heading on your track (because you are ALWAYS on the right track. You CANNOT get it wrong) then you don’t get “lost” in that same way as you did in your OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I’m understanding on a deeper level that I have to pay attention to my emotions rather than the manifestations, though. And I’m also starting to see how those emotions might be all over the place... which I can stabilize.

    And you can’t stabilize something that you hadn’t been paying attention to before, so this is movement along your track, isn’t it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Is it unhelpful for me to utilize this as leverage though?

    If you don’t believe your words, then yeah, it’s unhelpful. That’s what a HFS is.

    And the only way you’re going to know is to test it out for yourself. When you have another one of your out-of-the-airplane moments like you had in your OP, try those words on for size. If they provide you with relief, great! If they don’t but rather sound like “blah, blah, blah” (and you’ll Know what that feels like because you felt that with your earlier words in your OP), then you’ll know that you want to reach for your words from where you are at that moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Now it’s easier to soothe myself and get back into alignment, is that going to help change the practiced vibration? Or is it like when you go to bed with a vibration, you’re gonna wake up with that vibration?

    This one you can answer yourself! You don’t need me.

    When a baby is learning to walk, when they take a step and then fall down and then get up again and take another step, does that change their practice of walking? Does that another step make it more likely that they’ll walk in the way they intended?

    So, if you’re soothing yourself on this subject so that you’re feeling better (leaving aside “getting all the way there back into alignment on this subject”), that’s a “change” in your vibration. As you do more of that, that’s “practice,” isn’t it? (I knew you could do it!)

    Now, the difference between this and going to bed is that, when you go to bed, you haven’t done anything to change your habit. Sure, when you go to sleep, you re-emerge and align with your IB but then, when we wake up, we usually revert back to our habits, because we hadn’t really done anything to change our habits. (You could use your moment of awakening to restart a new habit or as your opportunity of practicing a new habit, but that’s not what you’re asking here.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    IOW, is that like a bandaid over a gaping wound? Cause I obviously want to change my practices vibration, not just put a HFS on it.

    Are you asking if these words (“... I’m on the right track, I’m sniffing it out…”) are a HFS? You’re the only one who can answer that for yourself. I’ve shared with you the two litmus tests that I use (is this thought something that seems true to me? AND does this thought feel better than what I had just been thinking about this topic?). And maybe I should capitalize that True, in the same way that I capitalized Believe. IOW, when I say “true” here, I mean “true,” not “wishful thinking,” not “I’d like this to be true.” If you mean “I’ve heard Abraham say this and I like the feeling of that idea,” then say that. Because if you don’t say the words that you mean, the LoA is going to respond to the vibration that you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    "But at the moment that you were writing your OP, I wonder if those thoughts would have brought you the feeling of relief. And if that's the case, you have more information about what you might want to do with your thoughts and your vibration."
    Probably not, if I'm being honest with myself.
    Honesty is such a valuable tool in this “work,” because we can never, ever fool the LoA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I understand that on an intellectual level (that it’s not the money I want but the feeling of security), but is it something that gives me relief when I’m scared? No.

    There’s your answer. (I knew you could do it without me!)

    And "on an intellectual level" would go on that list along with "wishful thinking" and "I'd like this to be true."

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    My brain thinks money will relieve that feeling;...

    I would say this differently. I would say that, in your moments of fear, these words (“...I’m on the right track, I’m sniffing it out…”) don’t soothe the thoughts that you’re thinking which are producing your fear. From what you’re saying here, these words wind up “blah, blah, blah.”

    And that makes sense because, in your moment of fear, you’re not wanting the feeling of security. You want security. You don’t want to go hungry. You don’t want to be out on the street. You don’t want the shame or the ridicule of others. In your moments of fear, your Beliefs might be very different from “...I’m on the right track, I’m sniffing it out…” IOW, we’re back to that story about your friend. She’s sobbing her heart out (for good reason) to you that she’s heart-broken and that she’ll be alone forever. If you say, “...you’re just trying on outfits, seeing what look/man looks best on you…” she’d probably hang up on you. Right?

    Start with your thoughts of fear. You’re thinking those thoughts for your own very good reasons. Soothe those thoughts and find truthful, better-feeling ways to talk yourself out of those thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I see that now. Understand on an intellectual level. Lots of questions popping up about bridging beliefs, how to transition from one belief ("I have to suffer to make money") to another ("I make money doing enjoyable activities"). Just an example. Might need a new thread for that one...seems I've opened a yummy can of worms here.

    I don’t think you need a new thread. They all seem to be extensions of the vibration, momentum and thoughts that you’ve already been sharing with us.

    As far as your can of worms, unlike icky worms, you don’t have to clean all of these up at once. If you’re worried that you might forget some of these thoughts (it’s unlikely but still, if you’re worried about that) then just scribble them down on a piece of paper so that you can get around to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Bingo!!! I’ve been like “hey I just gotta find a way to survive til the money for this movie comes in!” Or “if I can just make it til then, all will be fine.” Probably not the best standpoint, I’m seeing that now.

    And you have your emotional guidance system to tell you what each of these thoughts are doing with your vibration, so that you can move from these towards a better standpoint. You can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    What I’d like it to be, honestly, is that plenty of money comes in from all kinds of projects I like working on! That’s really what gets me excited. As much as I’d like the movie to happen this year, I understand timing is out of my control and there can be plenty of other projects I can be involved in along the way! In fact, as I was typing this I just got an offer for a music video shooting in Joshua tree! How cool!!!

    That didn’t take very much at all, did it?

    Now, as you were writing this, I bet you had a bunch of little thoughts that you said in your head (but didn’t write here) about--say--the likelihood of “plenty of money” and all the projects and timing and stuff. As you (not “your brain.” you) were thinking those thoughts, you were having emotional guidance, letting you know which ones you might like to shore up and which you might want to soothe and shift.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I’ll be honest I was very hesitant posting anything this morning bc I knew I wasn't on the HFD...

    Questions are seldom born from the HFD. (They can be but they usually aren’t.) But, as we’ve been talking about here, there is still value in our questions. Step 1 is a necessary part of the Creative Process. Without Step 1, there can be no Steps 2 and 3. Without Step 1, there can be no eternal, because it is our Asking (our vibrational Asking) that launches our RoDs and contributes to the expansion of All-That-Is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    ...and honestly the last time I posted you were hard on me (looking back it doesn't seem so harsh but at the time I was like what the heck, dude!!! Lol) and I knew I would be served some hard truths. But I gotta say, I'm loving these "hard" truths now. Bring them on! I want to go downstream more and more of the time….

    And you’ve hit on the very reason why some truths are hard and others are not: It’s your (And I say that--NOT to blame but--to celebrate) focus. It’s your thoughts that you think about whatever it is you’re focusing upon. You do that! And you do that by remembering that there is (ALWAYS) a Downstream focus and by choosing a focus that is Downstream for you from wherever you are.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 4 Days Ago at 08:19 PM. Reason: Formatting

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    15
    Wellbeing there is just so much juice in these responses I really want to take some time and savor them. I feel very uplifted right now, feels like I have gained all kinds of clarity and understanding that will help me. Thank you again. Iíll be back to check in

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    Wellbeing there is just so much juice in these responses I really want to take some time and savor them.
    There is no rush. This is your thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •