Thread: Back injury? What back injury?!

Back injury? What back injury?!

Itís a typically gorgeous day here in Los Angeles today. Iím on a tv show set with some of my closest friends making money doing what I love... and only 2 days ago I was bedridden with a paralyzing back injury.

2 days ago I couldnít even roll over, let alone stand up, and was completely bed ridden in pain. Never experienced anything like that. It gave me such a deep, deep appreciation for my body and what it does for me every day. IOW, I looked for things to appreciate in my situation even though it wasnít physically comfortable. Whenever I thought something negative like ďIím not at work, Iím losing moneyĒ I just let that thought go and did what I could to feel better.

I was so bummed I missed the first 2 days of this shoot and this morning even though it hurt, I made the decision: Iím going to set. I want to be there and all this is just a little pain- just some temporary physical indicators. I can still get in the vortex and have a good time even if my bodyís recovering! So thatís what I did. And you guys it was the best decision ever! The second I got here I just felt an incredible appreciation for this job that I did not have before. i would have shown up on Monday like this just another day to make some money... now I see what a beautiful gift this work day is! I donít think Iíve ever wanted to go to work like I did this morning.

Im still limping a bit but Iím okay with that because this doesnít need to be fixed overnight, just small improvements as I go. Iím so appreciative of chairs and ibuprofen now! Ha!

Thanks, Body, for all you do for me. Every day. I love you so much xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I was so bummed I missed the first 2 days of this shoot and this morning even though it hurt, I made the decision: Iím going to set. I want to be there and all this is just a little pain- just some temporary physical indicators. I can still get in the vortex and have a good time even if my bodyís recovering! So thatís what I did. And you guys it was the best decision ever! The second I got here I just felt an incredible appreciation for this job that I did not have before. i would have shown up on Monday like this just another day to make some money... now I see what a beautiful gift this work day is! I donít think Iíve ever wanted to go to work like I did this morning.

Im still limping a bit but Iím okay with that because this doesnít need to be fixed overnight, just small improvements as I go. Iím so appreciative of chairs and ibuprofen now! Ha!

Thanks, Body, for all you do for me. Every day. I love you so much xoxo
    Perfect....it seems you created this ailment to discover exactly that....to see what a beautiful gift this work day is....masterful creator you are, indeed! Gratitude for this body is wonderful....and chairs and ibuprofen....yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel M. View Post
    Perfect....it seems you created this ailment to discover exactly that....to see what a beautiful gift this work day is....masterful creator you are, indeed! Gratitude for this body is wonderful....and chairs and ibuprofen....yes.
    thank you Jewel!!! You know, I was aware that I created this condition, but I had been looking at it in a less-positive way I love that I created this now. Thanks for adding even more clarity to this beautiful day!!!