Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Clarification about teachings

  1. #1
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119

    Clarification about teachings

    • Hello. I would like to get some clarifications, since im kinda new to the teachings. First of all, i understand that i can't change my belief instantly because LOA won't let me do this, so i have to do everything gradually. What i don't understand is afaik you have to find a thought that feels better to you. So i was using "go general" process because it seems like the best process for me and unfortunately the process 22 didn't fit very well for me, since its pretty hard to spot where i am on the scale, also since the teachings evolved to just "go general" i decided to stick with it. After reading other threads one day i noticed from a post of Wellbeing where he said "find thoughts which still seem true to us yet which feel better." and something clicked in me. Like, i sorta knew it, but it felt like i finally got it. The thing is, when i was using "go general" process i usually say something like "you are where you are and there is nothing wrong with it" and it makes me feel better, but if i ask myself "do you believe that where you are is alright?" and i feel like the answer is NO, like i don't believe in this statement, even though it makes me feel better. So is it okay to say these kind of statements if it makes me feel better but i dont believe in them? Because i have no idea. Also, if i ask myself something like "do you believe in lOA?" its hard for me to say "yes" as well and if i ask myself "why?" it usually because of "well how come that it didn't work with this and that". Logically i get it, i know why it didn't "work" when i was trying to apply it before (if it's because i used to say statements that make me feel better but not believable), but for some reason i still don't believe in it. I know that you don't have to believe in LOA, but i want to. Like, i totally understand, that it probably doesn't make sense when i say "i use statements that makes me feel better but i dont believe in them" because if i don't believe in them than i wouldn't feel better, but i definately do untill i ask myself "do you believe in this statement?"

    • Also, lets say that i use "its okay where you are" and i don't feel better because of it, so is it because i don't believe in this statement or i just don't have "access" to it because it is a big vibrational jump even though it's still generally positive (maybe its the same thing though)? Lets say that i felt better since i found thoughts which feel true to me yet better, but after 5-10 mins i feel negative again. Is it because of my old negative momentum and LOA just pulls be back to it and the only thing i can do is "go general" again and feel better? Like, as soon as i feel negative about it or just forget about it and do it later? I guess after some time LOA is gonna pull me to positive momentum if i do "go general" about a certain desire everyday and actually feel better? Another question is about absence. Let's say that i start to notice the absence of my desire. Do i need to go general in order to find thoughts that feel true yet better and thats it? After some time im gonna stop to notice the absence of it or i won't care about the absence of it anymore because my negative momentum changed to more positive momentum?

    • Another question is how to feel good/better just for the feeling good/better instead of doing it for my stuff? i understand that if i do this for my stuff then it just sends the lack of it so nothing is gonna change, but how to change it just for the feeling better/good not for "im gonna feel better because i wanna get my stuff"?

    • Another question is about when you forget about your desire completely, but if you think about it again, its gonna be where you last left it. Does it mean that if i was feeling worry about a certain subject and forget about it completely, its gonna manifest someday (no resistance since i dont think about it anymore)? Or does it mean that since i left it at worry, then im gonna manifest something that is gonna worry me about this subjest untill i change my vibration about this subject? Also, going general is the same as making peace with where i am right? Since i reach for a BFT which soothes my resistance.

    • Also, i was watching a video on youtube where Abraham says that you just need to focus on something that you don't have resistance to and all subjects that matter to you will shift to positive momentum. Is it the same as distraction? But if it's importnant subject, then there is no point of doing it, since you gotta clean it up because you cant avoid it right?


    • Hope it all make sence. Thank you in advance.

    • Btw sorry for my english.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Hello. I would like to get some clarifications, since im kinda new to the teachings. First of all, i understand that i can't change my belief instantly because LOA won't let me do this, so i have to do everything gradually. What i don't understand is afaik you have to find a thought that feels better to you. So i was using "go general" process because it seems like the best process for me and unfortunately the process 22 didn't fit very well for me, since its pretty hard to spot where i am on the scale, also since the teachings evolved to just "go general" i decided to stick with it. After reading other threads one day i noticed from a post of Wellbeing where he said "find thoughts which still seem true to us yet which feel better." and something clicked in me. Like, i sorta knew it, but it felt like i finally got it. The thing is, when i was using "go general" process i usually say something like "you are where you are and there is nothing wrong with it" and it makes me feel better, but if i ask myself "do you believe that where you are is alright?" and i feel like the answer is NO, like i don't believe in this statement, even though it makes me feel better.

    So, the main reasons why that statement ("You are where you are and where you are is all right.") produces relief within you is because that's what your IB* Believes** about you and where you are and because you're shifting your vibration towards what you want. No matter what the situation, you want to be on your right path, you want to be heading in the direction that you want, you want to understand your rightness of who you are. Anytime that you think thoughts about how you've been inappropriate or why where you are is wrong, etc., etc., etc., your IB will not join you in any of those thoughts. So, when you--even for a moment--stopping thinking those types of thoughts and permit yourself to contemplate what your IB Believes about you and what you're about, you will feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    So is it okay to say these kind of statements if it makes me feel better but i dont believe in them?
    Without any sarcasm, the honest answer to your question is "You tell us." IOW, you have your own emotional guidance system which will guide you each and every minute. AND you have been USING it! So, do more of that.

    But I understand what you're asking so let me share my experience (which is simply what I've created and allowed for myself using my understanding of these teachings). Because that statement is a statement directly from your IB (because that's what Abraham tell us about that statement. I got that statement from Abraham), it's going to feel better, yes. But there's more to this story.

    Abraham teach us that "A belief is just a thought you keep thinking; a belief is just a practiced thought." What you're telling us here--and it's all right--is that you've been practicing a different thought than what your IB Knows for you. Again, that's all right. In fact, that's you fulfilling part of your intentions for coming "here" (to this physical time-space reality). You wanted the flexibility of having two different vantage points and the freedom to explore thoughts different from the thoughts of your IB. (And you wanted that because you knew that finding your way back to the knowing of your IB would be fun, just like you just discovered for yourself.)

    I'm sure you've had some experience with habits. Perhaps you already know that when you have a habit of something, your habit makes it easy for you to do that something more of the time. So, your current habits of thought (the ones you currently Believe) will soon kick in. (How "soon" depends on how well you've practiced.) So, your relief won't be sustainable.

    Since this a LoA Forum, let's add the LoA back into my comments. You see, the LoA is the reason why our habits make it easy for us to do our something's more of the time. Not only that, but we're talking about habits of "thoughts" (another word for "vibration") here. So, the LoA is bringing us more which match our habits of thought/vibration. IOW, because what you currently believe is the more practiced thought, it's the more dominant vibration for you right now, which means that the LoA has to bring you more which matches (or "proves") what you currently believe. So, you'll have manifestations which match what you currently believe. And you're like most humans; you'll let your manifestations "prove" what you currently believe is more "true" than the statement I "stole" from Abraham and your IB. You'll talk yourself out of why "where you are" (and what you're doing) isn't all right. (That's all right, too, if you do that.)

    So, what do we do about that?
    Good question! I'm glad you asked.

    We take "the vibrational journey." (BTW, this is where I'm going to put in a plug for you reading an Abraham book, if you haven't already done so. It'll fill in the gaps in ways that we can't do for you in a mere Forum post.) What that means is you start from you currently believe about where you are (IOW, the thoughts and stories you are telling yourself about where you are and why it's not "all right") and then find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better than the thoughts and stories you're telling yourself. When we take the vibrational journey in this way, we're not challenging ourselves. We're not fighting with our habits. We're not--as Abraham say--bucking our own vibrational current.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Because i have no idea. Also, if i ask myself something like "do you believe in lOA?" its hard for me to say "yes" as well and if i ask myself "why?" it usually because of "well how come that it didn't work with this and that".

    Here is a wonderful example of the beginning of a vibrational journey. Good for you. Now, you get to be creative with the vibrational journey. (That's why Abraham have offered us so many different Processes.) So, you might reply to your "other" voice,

    "Maybe it didn't work with this and that. [WB: It actually did work in those instances, because it always works but I'll save that for later.] But do I want there to be a LoA? That's an important question I think I want to ask for myself. Because, after all, Abraham tell me that 'I get to choose.' Do I want there to be a LoA? If so, why?...."

    So, that's one approach. Another approach might be to answer your own question by looking around for evidence that suggests that there might be a LoA. Those would be thoughts which would seem true to you yet which would feel better than your disbelief (because your IB Knows that there's a LoA working for you, just like there are Laws of Gravity working for you). You might have to expand your field of search, looking outside of your own experience ot the experience of others and then thinking thoughts (which seem true to you) about how their experience might be applicable to your own.

    (BTW, a little pop quiz for you: How do you feel when you read your passage that I had just quoted? IOW, you're having emotional guidance there. I can't tell you what you're feeling. Only you can. But your words are words of Doubt, which I'm capitalizing to indicate an emotion that's on Abraham's Emotional Guidance Scale, in AAIIG.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Logically i get it, i know why it didn't "work" when i was trying to apply it before (if it's because i used to say statements that make me feel better but not believable),...
    So, it DID work. The LoA brings to you more of states that what you think and how you feel and what you get is always a perfect match. That's the Law.

    What you're telling us here is that, when you tried it before, you didn't really shift your vibration (because you didn't really believe it). The LoA WORKED to show you that you didn't really shift your vibration. It WORKED to bring you something which matched what you really believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    ...but for some reason i still don't believe in it.

    That makes sense because, up until we had this conversation, you had a distorted understanding of what the LoA is about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I know that you don't have to believe in LOA, but i want to.

    There you go. So, look for evidence of it. Look for examples of what you want. Talk yourself into it. And you don't have to worry about being delusional. That's what that piece of "seems true to you" is for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Like, i totally understand, that it probably doesn't make sense when i say "i use statements that makes me feel better but i dont believe in them" because if i don't believe in them than i wouldn't feel better, but i definately do untill i ask myself "do you believe in this statement?"

    So, you've discovered the pitfalls of "wishful thinking," which I would call "delusional." What you're learning is that the relief from wishful thinking is always temporary. That relief is going to disappear either when you honestly use your emotional guidance system (like you are doing when you ask your "Do you believe this statement?") or when the LoA brings to you a manifestation which matches your actual vibration. That's great to know. You've just saved yourself a lot of future"heartache" (too strong a word) plus you have found for yourself a technique that you can use to check in with your emotional guidance system. That's great.

    Now, the only piece for you to do is that vibrational journey from what you currently, temporarily believe towards what you would like to believe. When you include that "still seems true" piece into your vibrational "work," you'll be taking the stairs up to the top floor of Marc's tall building (I'm sure you've read his example) rather than trying to get up to the top floor by leaping from the ground floor, as you've been attempting so far. This is great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Also, lets say that i use "its okay where you are" and i don't feel better because of it, so is it because i don't believe in this statement or i just don't have "access" to it because it is a big vibrational jump even though it's still generally positive (maybe its the same thing though)?

    So, what thought could you think that still seems true to you and provides you with relief similar to "where you are is all right"? (Think about it some. You're clever. I'll wait....)

    Could you think "I like hearing that it's okay where I am"? How about "It's nice for me to think that there's value for me in where I am, even if I can't--in this red-hot minute--identify that value for myself"? How about "There's plenty of things that I DO believe that I haven't yet identified or seen for myself. Why can't this be another one of those things?"? How about "Who gets to decide whether I'm doing or being is 'wrong' or 'right'? Who died and made them king of me?"?

    Those probably aren't as "good" as your own because you know where you are along your path. (Here's another one for you: "I am ALWAYS on my path.")

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Lets say that i felt better since i found thoughts which feel true to me yet better, but after 5-10 mins i feel negative again. Is it because of my old negative momentum and LOA just pulls be back to it and the only thing i can do is "go general" again and feel better?

    Well, yes, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that "the only thing," if I were you. That "the only thing" is a pretty big deal. So, do you want to feel better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Like, as soon as i feel negative about it or just forget about it and do it later?

    Do you want to feel better now or later? Which of those options would help you to feel better (now or later, whichever you've chosen)?

    Because it's going to vary. Sometimes, you won't be able to feel better on that topic now so, as you're framing your question, you'll have to "do it later."

    But keep in mind--and this is important--this is a new skill for you. Right now, you might not be able to feel better on that topic right after you feel negative emotion about it, but as you practice, you'll get more effective with your skill and you'll learn different ways to use your skill, just like you've done with every other skill that you've learned. And you'll probably find that, as you learn this skill, you can learn some of the other Abraham skills as well, so your choices will be more varied than the either/or that you're presenting to us now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I guess after some time LOA is gonna pull me to positive momentum if i do "go general" about a certain desire everyday and actually feel better?

    I would say that the Stream of Well-Being (again, see AAIIG) is ALWAYS pulling you "to positive momentum," no matter what you do. That's why you are able to feel any form of negative emotion when you focus away from the positive momentum of the Stream of Well-Being. And your IB--the larger, wiser part of You--is ALWAYS focused on the Stream of Well-Being. That's the sort of current that you already have going on for yourself.

    So, yes, anytime you don't point yourself against the current of your Stream of Well-Being, you will actually feel better.

    Now, you asked your question in a really wonderful way because Going General doesn't mean you have to get to that thought that you don't really believe. Going General just means that you don't have to push against that thought quite so much. This is why I added Abraham's metaphor of the Stream here. If you've ever been in a physical stream with a strong current, you might know how much energy it takes to orient yourself against that current. But if that current is taking you to where you want to go (and the Stream of Well-Being always does), you might have learned (in a physical stream) that if you stop paddling against the current, the current will reorient your boat and start to move you towards where you want to go.

    So, Going General would look like some of the thoughts that we'd been playing with ourselves above. Oh, and Going General doesn't necessarily mean "generally positive." If you shifted your focus from a "negative" focus on your unwanted details of a subject to a "negative" focus on your unwanted overview of that same subject, that would still seem true to you and would feel better.

    When we talk about "better" here on the Forum, we truly mean "better." That's not code for "positive" or "happy" or "ITV." "Better" is in relationship to where you are. When you're feeling "crappy," "better" will probably look like "a little less crappy."

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Another question is about absence. Let's say that i start to notice the absence of my desire. Do i need to go general in order to find thoughts that feel true yet better and thats it?

    What's your intention? Why do you "need" to do whatever it is you're asking us?

    Because if your intention is simply to feel better (and with this material, that's our only intention), then, yes, that's it.

    However, if you're playing Abraham's "silly games" ("Okay, Abraham, I'm willing to pay the price of happiness or of better, if that'll get me my stuff that I don't have."), then--guess what?--you're still focusing on the absence and you're not shifting your vibration. You're not going to feeling better either, as you've learned above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    After some time im gonna stop to notice the absence of it or i won't care about the absence of it anymore because my negative momentum changed to more positive momentum?

    I'm going to turn that around for you. It's because you're caring less about the absence of it anymore that your momentum has shifted. It's the thoughts, which then produce the emotions and, as you practice that, the LoA supplies the momentum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Another question is how to feel good/better just for the feeling good/better instead of doing it for my stuff?

    Why do you want your stuff? (That's an honest question. I'll wait....)

    Now, hopefully, you thought about my question because, if you did, then you might start to see that the reason why you want any of your stuff is because you believe that you will feel better in the having of it. IOW, "I want my car so that I will feel better. I want more money so that I will feel more free. I want a lover so that I will feel more loved," right?

    So, Abraham teach us to feel better first, without needing any of our conditions to change first. That's why you felt your relief when you heard, "You are where you are and where you are is all right." When you talk about the absence of your stuff, you're using the absence of your stuff as your reasons for thinking thoughts about how where you are is not all right. Your IB isn't going to join you in those thoughts because your IB Knows that where you are IS all right. Your IB Knows that it's inevitable that you'll line up and experience your stuff. It is DONE. That's Step 2 (viz., AAIIG). Most humans have to croak in order to line up and experience their stuff but it is inevitable for everyone.

    Now, the happy side effect of feeling better now is that it's also your path of most allowing to your stuff, including a whole bunch of stuff that you've forgotten or aren't even yet defining as "stuff."

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    i understand that if i do this for my stuff then it just sends the lack of it so nothing is gonna change, but how to change it just for the feeling better/good not for "im gonna feel better because i wanna get my stuff"?

    Start with "Why do I want my stuff?" Then ask yourself if feeling better has no value to you if it doesn't produce yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Another question is about when you forget about your desire completely, but if you think about it again, its gonna be where you last left it. Does it mean that if i was feeling worry about a certain subject and forget about it completely, its gonna manifest someday (no resistance since i dont think about it anymore)? Or does it mean that since i left it at worry, then im gonna manifest something that is gonna worry me about this subjest untill i change my vibration about this subject?

    The answer to your question hinges on your use of the word "completely." If you truly withdraw your attention from this topic Completely and instead focus Completely on topics which feel better to you than this topic, then your vibration will rise. If you truly do this Completely, consistently and for long enough, your improved vibration will start to affect your vibration on all your topics. IOW, your PoA will rise, eventually even on the original topic.

    However, we humans are really bad at focusing (let along, focusing Completely), so what I've described--whilst consistent with these principles--is really hard for most humans to pull off. What typically happens with most humans is that we decide that we're not going to think about that thing that we worry about. But since there's not exclusion in an attraction-based universe, we wind up thinking about that thing we'd decided we're not going to think about. (Try it for yourself. Right now. I'll wait....) More to the point, when we wind up thinking about that thing we'd decided we're not going to think about, we wind up worrying about our thinking about that thing we worry about. IOW, the LoA brings us ideas which match our worry. So, you can see that, for most people, the resistance is still there.

    There's another piece to this that you'll want to add into your example. We're typically not just worrying about one topic. You hear the expression all the time. "I'm a worrier. My mother was a worrier and my grandfather was a worrier and his father was a--no, I think he was a milner...." IOW, we've practiced ourselves into habits of worrying (or whatever the emotion is). This is why Abraham teach us to clean up our vibrations before we take the action of moving. You may have seen this in action, too, where someone worried themselves into negative emotions in one place, so they go to the trouble of moving. For a little while, that works because the newness of everything and all the settling in and finding a job, etc. distracts them from their habits. But, soon enough, they start to practice their habits of worrying and start to have similar manifestations in their new place.

    So, let's say you are able to Completely withdraw your attention from this one topic. Chances are very good that you have the same habits of focus on your other topics. Now, what are you going to do? (To be fair, there are those who attempt the strategy of "Withdraw...withdraw...withdraw" which then produces the experience of--to use Abraham's description--living in the broom closet of a mansion on an estate, no even aware of the vast beauty, comfort and delight that's out there. It's also how some people manifest diseases such as Alzhimer's for themselves, Abraham tell us.)

    Fortunately, Abraham teach us other approaches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Also, going general is the same as making peace with where i am right? Since i reach for a BFT which soothes my resistance.

    To be clear, a thought feels "better" (which is what a BFT) that thought is a less resistant thought. Going General and Making Peace with Where You Are are two (of many, many) techniques Abraham have given us to help us release our resistance. I would say that Going General and Making Peace with Where You Are are two different techniques. You can use the technique of Going General (and others) to help you Make Peace with Where You Are.

    I'm not sure what you're reaching for there, so I'm going to leave it at that for now. Ask more, if you want more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Also, i was watching a video on youtube where Abraham says that you just need to focus on something that you don't have resistance to and all subjects that matter to you will shift to positive momentum. Is it the same as distraction?

    Yes, that's Distraction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    But if it's importnant subject, then there is no point of doing it, since you gotta clean it up because you cant avoid it right?

    It depends. When we label something "important," it usually (almost always. always) means that we're thinking about it a lot. (And think about it. There are LOTS of subjects that are truly Important to us, that matter a lot to us really, that we hardly ever think about. We don't usually call those "important." For fun, list what you would call "important." You don't have to share it here, but give it a whirl. I'll wait.... Now, check out your list. I don't know you but I do know that gravity is really Important to you, but--if I were a betting man--I'd bet that it's not on your list. How about "an abundance of free, clean air to breathe"? Is that on your list? Be without that for more than a few minutes and you'll understand how Important that is. One last one: a beating heart. You're catching my drift, right? Back to your question....)

    Because we're thinking about it a lot, the LoA is responding to our thoughts, so we're having a lot of momentum and (sometimes) manifestations, even. So, then, yes, it is difficult to "avoid." But there's nothing about "avoiding" in these teachings. "Avoiding" is like "not focusing on the absence;" you're still focusing on the thing that you're avoiding.

    Now, IF you can effectively withdraw your focus from your "important" subject and focus instead on a topic that is easy for you to feel "good" about, do that. And we suggest that here, lots. We tell our Forum friends to think about bubbles, cute puppies, fluffy bunnies, rainbows. But almost always, no one wants to do that because those topics AREN'T "important" to them. This is just another habit of resistant thought that we've trained ourselves into.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Btw sorry for my english.
    Your English is great.


    *You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

    ** Capitalized to indicate the vibration of this word, Abraham's meaning of this common word.

  3. #3
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, that's one approach. Another approach might be to answer your own question by looking around for evidence that suggests that there might be a LoA. Those would be thoughts which would seem true to you yet which would feel better than your disbelief (because your IB Knows that there's a LoA working for you, just like there are Laws of Gravity working for you). You might have to expand your field of search, looking outside of your own experience ot the experience of others and then thinking thoughts (which seem true to you) about how their experience might be applicable to your own.


    There are some evidence of it but sometimes i think that its just a coincidence (even though according to LOA there are no coincidences). But im not always think like that. For example one of my desires is to grow taller from 5'11 to 6'3. One day i was thinking about it and when i was outside there were a lot of evidences of my desire that i even asked myself (do you really believe that it's possible that there can be that many coincidences in just one day?). I first found out about LOA by watching the secret. I started to make big vibrational jumps (visualisations and so on) and actually felt pretty amazing so i after that i started to feel some weird pain in my legs, like literally as soon as i feel good about my height it appears and i have never experienced something like this before. But since i wasn't aware of Abraham hicks teaching i started to notice the absence of my desire and ofc nothing has changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    When we talk about "better" here on the Forum, we truly mean "better." That's not code for "positive" or "happy" or "ITV." "Better" is in relationship to where you are. When you're feeling "crappy," "better" will probably look like "a little less crappy."


    I feel more sadness than doubt tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, it DID work. The LoA brings to you more of states that what you think and how you feel and what you get is always a perfect match. That's the Law.

    What you're telling us here is that, when you tried it before, you didn't really shift your vibration (because you didn't really believe it). The LoA WORKED to show you that you didn't really shift your vibration. It WORKED to bring you something which matched what you really believed.
    Seems like i have to do by best in finding believable and better feeling statements since i want to shift this believe to the one that i want to have. I guess since i don't have that much experience it's kinda hard to find statements that indeed feel believable and better.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    That makes sense because, up until we had this conversation, you had a distorted understanding of what the LoA is about.
    There you go. So, look for evidence of it. Look for examples of what you want. Talk yourself into it. And you don't have to worry about being delusional. That's what that piece of "seems true to you" is for.


    Yeah logically it make sense for me that i was doing it wrong but my believe inside me tells me "okay you found out where you were wrong but are you sure that it's all actually true? maybe you are just delusional? look at other people that got what they wanted, they all talking about hard work and luck" if i understand it correctly it's probably my believe telling me these kind of statements and i have to do my best to shift it? since i want to change this believe to a better one (the answer is probably very obvious but i just gotta make sure)? Logically i totally understand that i don't even know what all these successful people feel and think. Also since we create our own reality those people got what they believe, like you can get what you want but you have to work hard (even felt a little better after that statement).


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, you've discovered the pitfalls of "wishful thinking," which I would call "delusional." What you're learning is that the relief from wishful thinking is always temporary. That relief is going to disappear either when you honestly use your emotional guidance system (like you are doing when you ask your "Do you believe this statement?") or when the LoA brings to you a manifestation which matches your actual vibration. That's great to know. You've just saved yourself a lot of future"heartache" (too strong a word) plus you have found for yourself a technique that you can use to check in with your emotional guidance system. That's great.

    Now, the only piece for you to do is that vibrational journey from what you currently, temporarily believe towards what you would like to believe. When you include that "still seems true" piece into your vibrational "work," you'll be taking the stairs up to the top floor of Marc's tall building (I'm sure you've read his example) rather than trying to get up to the top floor by leaping from the ground floor, as you've been attempting so far. This is great.


    Thank you so much for this! I have been looking for this kind of answer awhile. I know that Abraham says "just feel good/better" but i wasn't sure what to do if i actually feel better but don't believe in the statements that i was using for relief. Once again thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Well, yes, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that "the only thing," if I were you. That "the only thing" is a pretty big deal. So, do you want to feel better?


    I was trying to meditate, but i sadly i really don't wanna do it even though it's pretty helpful (probably gotta find BFT about meditation so i could release my resistance to it?). Yea i definitely want to feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Do you want to feel better now or later? Which of those options would help you to feel better (now or later, whichever you've chosen)?

    Because it's going to vary. Sometimes, you won't be able to feel better on that topic now so, as you're framing your question, you'll have to "do it later."

    But keep in mind--and this is important--this is a new skill for you. Right now, you might not be able to feel better on that topic right after you feel negative emotion about it, but as you practice, you'll get more effective with your skill and you'll learn different ways to use your skill, just like you've done with every other skill that you've learned. And you'll probably find that, as you learn this skill, you can learn some of the other Abraham skills as well, so your choices will be more varied than the either/or that you're presenting to us now.


    I want to feel better now but after reading your reply about my "wishful thinking" i started to find BFT and it was pretty hard for me to find that feel true and better, so even if i wasn't able to feel better i just say to myself "You did what you could here since you don't have that much experience and there is no point of doing big vibrational jumps so it's okay." Sometimes i feel better when i say that but sometimes not because i if ask myself "do you believe in it?" i usually say "Well, i guess, but there is gotta be another way i just gotta do something" But again logically i understand that i can't do anything serious about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Because if your intention is simply to feel better (and with this material, that's our only intention), then, yes, that's it.


    When i first started to do this "work" it was about manifestations. But then i was doing it because i wanted to feel better. I still want my stuff but feeling better is in higher priority.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Now, IF you can effectively withdraw your focus from your "important" subject and focus instead on a topic that is easy for you to feel "good" about, do that. And we suggest that here, lots. We tell our Forum friends to think about bubbles, cute puppies, fluffy bunnies, rainbows. But almost always, no one wants to do that because those topics AREN'T "important" to them. This is just another habit of resistant thought that we've trained ourselves into.


    I also was thinking, that thinking about bubbles is much easier and better since there is no resistance. But i wasn't so serious about it because i wanted to clean up important subjects so if one of those subjects show up i won't feel that negative again. I started to think about bubbles for example when i can't do vibrational work on important subjects at the moment or after i done the work but didn't feel any better.


    Btw just one of curiosity. When abraham say "you have stuff in your vortex to keep you busy for 20-30 lifetimes" What exactly does it mean? like if there are things that is not important to us like a toy that we were thinking about when we were little. How come that it's still in the vortex and not here? Since we don't need to anymore and therefore no resistance and we completely forgot about it.

    Thank you.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    There are some evidence of it but sometimes i think that its just a coincidence (even though according to LOA there are no coincidences).
    Whoa, whoa! Hang on there, cowboy! You're jumping into the middle of the conversation without answering the most important question first:
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Do I want there to be a LoA?
    The “it” you're talking about is the LoA, right?

    Without your answer to that question of mine, there's little reason for us to discuss this next piece, right?

    And your answer to that question of mine is also your answer to your questions in this next piece. Because if you want there to be a LoA for you, your own desire guides your research. It's natural for us to build a case for what we want and it feels crappy when we are talking ourselves out of what we want. And you know this. You tell us this yourself.

    So, if you want there to be a LoA that you can use and you're intending to find evidence of a LoA for you (so that you can start to learn and to apply the principles of that LoA to your benefit), then when you say
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    There are some evidence of it but sometimes i think that its just a coincidence (even though according to LOA there are no coincidences).
    it becomes more obvious (thanks to your emotional guidance system) that there's one part of your statement which is focused towards what you want, one part of your statement which is focused towards what you don't want, and another part of your statement which is focused towards what you do want. Your vibrational “work" is to start to line up your thoughts, more and more, with what you do want.

    So, if you want the LoA to be a helpful tool for you and one of your stumbling blocks that has been interfering in your effective application of this tool has been your own lack of belief, then you're going to want to start finding reasons to call it “evidence” (as opposed to “coincidences”) or learn why the LoA says that “there are no coincidences, right?

    And what are “coincidences,” anyway? Aren't coincidences incidences which coincide (“cooperate,” as Abraham say) without an (as yet) identifiable reason for them to do so. And just because we haven't yet identified the reason or the connection for their coinciding doesn't mean that there isn't one. And isn't that how a lot of scientific research is done? By noticing “coincidences,” collecting and studying those “coincidences” to see if there's a reason or connection for them to be coinciding?

    And after a certain amount of “coincidences,” don't people start to wonder if there's something more going on, that there's an explanation, a mechanism, a reason, a connection for these “coincidences”? How many “coincidences” are enough to get you wondering? Are the almost 80 pages of threads in our Success Stories and Manifestations sub-forum enough to get you wondering? Are threads like
    Anyone got any solid proof this works ??? and
    Anyone with epic LOA successes...& sh*tting skittles! enough to get you wondering? Are the many books connecting LoA to real phenomena like mind-body medicine and quantum physics enough to get you wondering, do your research, educate yourself and to talk yourself into a belief that you want? That's the “work.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    One day i was thinking about it and when i was outside there were a lot of evidences of my desire…
    Yes but we were talking about “evidence of the LoA,” which is different from “evidence of your desires.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    ... that i even asked myself (do you really believe that it's possible that there can be that many coincidences in just one day?).
    What was your answer?

    I've noticed--maybe you have, too--that you're asking yourself really good questions which you can use to shift your own vibration towards what you want. The next step for you is that you'll want to start answering your own good questions.

    Let's recap our conversation so far for a second. You've told us that you don't yet Believe in the LoA. And that your habit of belief in something other than the LoA is making it hard for you to learn and apply these principles.

    Fair enough. What you've told us makes a lot of sense. It's understandable why you would be having difficulties applying something that's different from what you really believe. So, from where I sit, it makes sense to address first your thoughts about the LoA before tackling the things on your wish list, because until we address your current thoughts about the LoA, you're going to continue to buck your own current of doubt about the LoA and continue to have the same struggles you've been reporting here to us. Or does your logic suggest something different to you?

    And this isn't like religions (at least, the ones I grew up with). No one (not me, not J&E, not Abraham) is asking you to take this on faith. In fact, J&E clearly state that they themselves are not asking you to take this faith. Nor do you have to “trust and believe us.” You have your own mind, awareness and other tools you were born with to shift your own thoughts from where you are to where you want to be. You can learn and start to apply these principles and use your own life experience to show yourself the extent that the LoA is operating in your own life.

    I, personally, embrace Abraham's point that “words don't teach.” (It's a wonder that I, like Abraham, offer so many words.) Your own life experiences teach you.

    [QUOTE=Abe_Shay;1001622]
    I feel more sadness than doubt tbh.
    [QUOTE=Abe_Shay;1001622]
    It doesn't matter what label you use. The principles remain the same. In fact, Abraham don't use labels at all. They gave us their Scale only because we humans like to use labels. As far as Abraham are concerned, in any given moment there are only two emotions of interest to them: one which feels “worse” and one which feels “better.” That's it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Seems like i have to do by best in finding believable and better feeling statements since i want to shift this believe to the one that i want to have.
    I'm not saying you “have to” do anything. Nor are Abraham. You create your own reality. You get to choose. You get to decide what you want.

    If you want to (Feel the difference between “I have to….” and “I choose to….” and “I want to….”) feel better--which is ALL that Abraham suggest that we do--Abraham have offered us many, many techniques to do that. One such technique to feel better is finding thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better is one way to go about it. Another way is focusing on topics which are easy for you to feel good about. You could also meditate, reach for satisfaction, take a nap, etc. This is where reading an Abraham book (or several) could come in handy for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I guess since i don't have that much experience
    You have lots of experience with finding thoughts which are believable and feel worse. That's how you developed your beliefs in the first place. So, this is just the same process, except that it feels better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    it's kinda hard to find statements that indeed feel believable and better.
    You might not be familiar with or used to doing that, but I wouldn't say it's hard.

    That being said, at one point in your life, I'm sure it seemed very “hard” for you to walk when you were more familiar with or used to crawling. Yet, your desire to walk was sufficient motivation (too strong a word) for you to focus on and line up with what you wanted. What Abraham teach really isn't any different from that thing you already know to do and have done before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Yeah logically it make sense for me that i was doing it wrong but my believe inside me tells me...
    Let's be clear here. This is you telling you these things. There isn't independent some thing or some one outside of you telling you these things. Now, it's all right that you might be telling yourself these things. But if it's you who is telling you these things (and it is) them you have the power and the ability to start to tell yourself other things, if you want to. You get to choose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    ..."okay you found out where you were wrong but are you sure that it's all actually true?...”
    You're only going to know for you, if you try. After all, words don't teach. It's your personal life experiences which teach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    “...maybe you are just delusional?...”
    BUT if what Abraham teach is true (and in my experience it is), then wouldn't these thoughts here (and your current beliefs) be delusional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    “...look at other people that got what they wanted, they all talking about hard work and luck"
    Have you asked them? Or are you just imposing your beliefs upon what you see them doing?

    In a different vein, you can't expect people who aren't aware of or who don't understand the LoA to use the LoA as part of their explanations to you. So, even if this is their answer to you, I would suggest that this is not the most helpful or most complete answer that they could give to you.

    But, sure, you can bang some things into place with action. And if that's been working for you, then I’d doubt that you’d be that interested in the LoA.

    I mean, I'm sure you already understand that, on your desire of height, it's hard to see how “hard work” will get you to the height you want. It's not like weight, where the “hard work” might translate into “diet and exercise.”

    And, as far as “luck” is concerned, what is “luck”? (We're back to your “coincidences” again, aren't we?) From my perspective, “luck” is a term that people who don't understand the orchestrations of the LoA apply to the orchestrations of the LoA. They say, “This happened because of 'luck’;” I'd say it happened because of the LoA, whether they know of or believe in the LoA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    if i understand it correctly it's probably my believe telling me these kind of statements and i have to do my best to shift it?
    In my country, you don't “have to” do anything except pay taxes and “croak.” What do you want?

    You know from your own experience that you can't think some of your beliefs and feel better. Don't you want to feel better? If so, getting into new habits of thought some sense to you, doesn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Logically i totally understand that i don't even know what all these successful people feel and think.
    When people say “logically,” they mean they are reaching farther with their thoughts than the LoA will let them. That's where the “still seems true” piece comes in handy. When it “still seems true,” you don't feel the need to say “logically.” You're still speaking your “truth” and what you currently Believe, just in a way that you still Believe that's slightly more aligned with what you want. You don't need any qualifiers, like “logically” or “intellectually.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Also since we create our own reality those people got what they believe, like you can get what you want but you have to work hard (even felt a little better after that statement).
    Isn't “hard” work subjective? For example, some of the “hardest” working people I can think of are professional athletes. Their jobs are amongst the most physically challenging that I can think of. They train intensively and for long hours. Yet, by their own description (and almost everyone else's) they're playing a GAME.

    Are they working “hard”? Or are they really focused on something(s) that interest them? (These distinctions could be about any field.) And don't you want to be able to focus on something(s) that interest you? And wouldn't it be great to get paid for focusing on something(s) that interest you? Wouldn't it be great to get paid for focusing on something(s) that interest you so much that you’d do it for free in your spare time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I know that Abraham says "just feel good/better" but i wasn't sure what to do if i actually feel better but don't believe in the statements that i was using for relief.
    And, as you showed yourself, your relief was fleeting and not stable in these instances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I was trying to meditate, but i sadly i really don't wanna do it even though it's pretty helpful (probably gotta find BFT about meditation so i could release my resistance to it?).
    If you want to meditate, then I'd agree with you. Abraham tell us that it's easier for them to teach us to have no thought (“meditation”) than it is to teach us how to have pure positive thought. But if you don't want to, you don't want to. It's not like Abraham are going to bust you for not meditating.

    So, spend those 15-20 finding things about your right now, what-is reality which satisfy you and talk about why they satisfy you and how they feel to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Yea i definitely want to feel better.
    There you go. Let that intention dominant all your other intentions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I want to feel better now but after reading your reply about my "wishful thinking" i started to find BFT and it was pretty hard for me to find that feel true and better, so even if i wasn't able to feel better i just say to myself "You did what you could here since you don't have that much experience and there is no point of doing big vibrational jumps so it's okay."
    If your intention is to truly feel better and you're paying attention to how you feel, then that statement HAS TO feel better than thinking how the LoA doesn't work for you. You might then start beating yourself up that you hadn't shifted as much as you're demanding of yourself, which will then not feel better. If that's the case, the stop demanding of yourself that you reach farther than you are able to reach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Sometimes i feel better when i say that but sometimes not because i if ask myself "do you believe in it?" i usually say "Well, i guess, but there is gotta be another way i just gotta do something"
    So, you might be shifting your first resistant thought but then, after you as your check-in question, you then think another resistant thought, which you'll want to shift if you want to feel better.

    You're an eternal being. You never get it done. That's not a statement to despair over when you remember that every time you have a resistant thought, that's just another opportunity to feel see relief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    But again logically i understand that i can't do anything serious about it.
    You can feel better about it. That's pretty important.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    When i first started to do this "work" it was about manifestations. But then i was doing it because i wanted to feel better. I still want my stuff but feeling better is in higher priority.
    As I like to say here: You can fool us. You can even sometimes fool yourself. But you can NEVER, ever fool the LoA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I also was thinking, that thinking about bubbles is much easier and better since there is no resistance. But i wasn't so serious about it because i wanted to clean up important subjects so if one of those subjects show up i won't feel that negative again.
    When Abe (and we) say “feel better,” we mean “feel better...period.” If you can feel better on your important subject, great, do that. If you can't (as you were saying above), then that's the time to start focusing on bubbles.

    Now, when you say “important subject,” you're really describing your awareness of your lack of this subject. You're really meaning “this thing I really, really want that I don't have.” That's not really an accurate meaning of “important subject.” For example, I might suggest to you that air might be a more important subject to you and you already have air and you could focus on the air that you have and feel good about it. Then you would be focusing on an “important subject” from your wanted end of that stick in a way that seems true to you (because you already have air) and you would be

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I started to think about bubbles for example when i can't do vibrational work on important subjects at the moment or after i done the work but didn't feel any better.
    Then, I'm guessing one of two things are happening. The first explanation that comes to my mind is that you're not really paying the kind of attention you'd like to how you feel. Because thinking about bubbles or fluffy bunnies HAS TO feel better than focusing on all the reasons being 5’11 sucks. It just HAS TO feel better.

    So, as you start paying more attention to how you feel and how you're focusing moment-to-moment, you might discover that you're not really withdrawing your focus from your “important subject” or you immediately return your focus back to your important subject.

    This is common when we have the ulterior motive of playing Abraham's silly games to get our stuff. Because our intention really is to get our stuff (rather than to simply feel better) it's always in our minds. If I were to ambush you and ask you, “Quick, without thinking, why are you thinking about bubbles?” your honest answer might be “Because I hate being my current height. I want to be taller. And Abraham/the Forum told me to think about bubbles, if I want to be taller.” I phrased that deliberately to show you how your focus still remains on the end of the stick of your important subject that you don't want. In these cases, you're not really taking your hand off your hot stove. Similarly, you might be taking your hand off your hot stove briefly but then you might be immediately putting your hand back on your hot stove as you immediately turn your attention back to your important subject, taking a score of how you did towards getting your stuff or fixing your problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Btw just one of curiosity. When abraham say "you have stuff in your vortex to keep you busy for 20-30 lifetimes" What exactly does it mean?
    Every single, conscious moment of the life you've lived so far, you've been adding to your Vortex. And in each of those moments, you're not just adding one “thing,” but several things at a time. Think about that. That's a lot of Asking and that's a lot you've been adding to your Vortex, which is how you can add enough to your Vortex to keep you satisfied for 20 or 30 lifetimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    ...like if there are things that is not important to us like a toy that we were thinking about when we were little.
    Your toy example is a great one. So above, said that you're adding multiple “things” to your Vortex in every moment. So, in your Step 1 moments of Asking for your toy, you weren't just adding “toy...toy...toy...toy...toy…” to your Vortex.

    You were probably adding things like (in no particular order):
    • Abundance and variety of stuff I want
    • To know that Well-Being is flowing towards me
    • To know my worthiness to receive what the universe will deliver to me
    • To feel the thrill of Allowing
    • To master my ability to turn thoughts to things
    • To see the full extent of the Universe’s responsiveness to my requests
    • To feel my own Independence and power
    • To understand that my real creation isn't the toy; my real creation is me, living the fullness of my preferences
    • Expansion of my opportunities and ways to play and to enjoy
    • More pointed desire to be ITV
    • To understand that the “stuff” doesn't produce your alignment
    • To be clearer in your knowing that it's your alignment that you really want
    • To KNOW that you really can be or do or have what you want
    • To be stable in your Knowing of that
    • Your toy preferences might expand to provide a platform for your future Asking about--say--your other toys, car, career, home, etc.

    Even from this scanty list, you might see there are things that you put into your Vortex in your toy Step 1 moments which can be satisfied long after your interest in that particular toy has waned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    How come that it's still in the vortex and not here?
    If you haven't yet manifested something, it's for one reason and one reason only: you haven't yet become a vibrational match to that something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Since we don't need to anymore and therefore no resistance and we completely forgot about it.
    These things don't necessarily mean that you've become a vibrational match to what you want. And just because you’ve focused on something else to the extent that it seems like you've “forgotten” your toy doesn't necessarily mean that you have “no resistance” to your toy. Your experience is much richer than you've been perceiving it to be.

  5. #5
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, if you want there to be a LoA that you can use and you're intending to find evidence of a LoA for you (so that you can start to learn and to apply the principles of that LoA to your benefit)
    I do this when i use "go general" process.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    it becomes more obvious (thanks to your emotional guidance system) that there's one part of your statement which is focused towards what you want, one part of your statement which is focused towards what you don't want, and another part of your statement which is focused towards what you do want. Your vibrational “work" is to start to line up your thoughts, more and more, with what you do want.
    I get it and i honestly doing my best in finding those thoughts, but when i look for these BFTs it feels like i don't believe in anything. I have been looking for BFTs which are true and yet better since you posted your reply, but it's so hard and i probably need (and want) to soothe this thought as well but overall it literally feels like i don't believe in anything. It probably sounds weird and i think that i just don't understand what a belief is according to abraham teachings (I've read AAIIG btw). Let's say that i ask myself something like "Do you believe in space?" before abraham i would say "Yes. Who doesn't? There are a lot of evidences of it". Right now i'm not sure. I would start to say "well i have never been there. Also maybe it's a lie just like bible." Funny thing is when i say to myself "i'm gonna get a billion dollars by tomorrow" i can tell that i don't believe in it but if it comes to something positive/better feeling i can't say if i believe in it or not. I don't even know how to explain it correctly because i don't understand this problem myself either. I just feels like you can just not believe in anything even if there are a lot of evidence of it. It's like i gotta see it by myself, but i no that it's not possible unless i line up with it first.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    And after a certain amount of “coincidences,” don't people start to wonder if there's something more going on, that there's an explanation, a mechanism, a reason, a connection for these “coincidences”? How many “coincidences” are enough to get you wondering? Are the almost 80 pages of threads in our Success Stories and Manifestations sub-forum enough to get you wondering? Are threads like
    Anyone got any solid proof this works ??? and
    Anyone with epic LOA successes...& sh*tting skittles! enough to get you wondering? Are the many books connecting LoA to real phenomena like mind-body medicine and quantum physics enough to get you wondering, do your research, educate yourself and to talk yourself into a belief that you want? That's the “work.”
    I understand that there are a lot of evidence of it and i've read a lot but again thoughts like "maybe they do this for a certain reason and all of this not true?" Logically i understand that it's just stupid since why would anybody do that? Maybe it's my doubt about all of this letting me know so it's not by belief? But if i would believe in it then there would be no doubt? I'm just so confused right now about belief and how it works..

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Yes but we were talking about “evidence of the LoA,” which is different from “evidence of your desires.” [/QUOTES]

    Well usually when something like this happens i immediately think about LOA. So it's kinda like an evidence for me that maybe it's actually true.


    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I'm not saying you “have to” do anything. Nor are Abraham. You create your own reality. You get to choose. You get to decide what you want.

    If you want to (Feel the difference between “I have to….” and “I choose to….” and “I want to….”) feel better--which is ALL that Abraham suggest that we do--Abraham have offered us many, many techniques to do that.
    It's just because i really wanna change my belief about this subject so that's why i say "have to", because i really have to do this in order to change my belief, because this is what i want.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Let's be clear here. This is you telling you these things. There isn't independent some thing or some one outside of you telling you these things. Now, it's all right that you might be telling yourself these things. But if it's you who is telling you these things (and it is) them you have the power and the ability to start to tell yourself other things, if you want to. You get to choose.
    What are you trying to say here is that it's not my belief that is telling me these thoughts but me? Then what exactly does belief mean? Just like i said about billion dollars example. I know that it's not possible by tomorrow and ofc i have a certain thought which explains why i can't have it by tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    BUT if what Abraham teach is true (and in my experience it is), then wouldn't these thoughts here (and your current beliefs) be delusional?
    It definitely would and i really wanna believe in it as easy as you and hope that one day i will because i really want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You know from your own experience that you can't think some of your beliefs and feel better. Don't you want to feel better? If so, getting into new habits of thought some sense to you, doesn't it?
    It does. But i wish it could be that easy as it sounds tbh. But again we all start from something.

    As I like to say here: You can fool us. You can even sometimes fool yourself. But you can NEVER, ever fool the LoA.
    Lol, that was funny. But i actually just want to feel better. Ofc there are gonna be thing which are important to me but after all we all came here for the joy of manifestations, right? I know that we gotta line up with it first, but im not sure if we actually can drop all of our important subject and just feel good. If the lease is past due it's gonna be pretty hard to just feel better about it, right? Maybe it's not hard to feel better about it but i currently don't believe in it because of my old habit of thought?

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Now, when you say “important subject,” you're really describing your awareness of your lack of this subject. You're really meaning “this thing I really, really want that I don't have.” That's not really an accurate meaning of “important subject.” For example, I might suggest to you that air might be a more important subject to you and you already have air and you could focus on the air that you have and feel good about it. Then you would be focusing on an “important subject” from your wanted end of that stick in a way that seems true to you (because you already have air) and you would be
    But there is nothing i can do about it in order to make them less important right? it's one of the most dominant subject in my vibration so i just gotta clean it up.

    So, as you start paying more attention to how you feel and how you're focusing moment-to-moment, you might discover that you're not really withdrawing your focus from your “important subject” or you immediately return your focus back to your important subject. [/QUOTE]

    I guess you are right. Seems like i need to pay more attention to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    This is common when we have the ulterior motive of playing Abraham's silly games to get our stuff. Because our intention really is to get our stuff (rather than to simply feel better) it's always in our minds. If I were to ambush you and ask you, “Quick, without thinking, why are you thinking about bubbles?” your honest answer might be “Because I hate being my current height. I want to be taller. And Abraham/the Forum told me to think about bubbles, if I want to be taller.” I phrased that deliberately to show you how your focus still remains on the end of the stick of your important subject that you don't want. In these cases, you're not really taking your hand off your hot stove. Similarly, you might be taking your hand off your hot stove briefly but then you might be immediately putting your hand back on your hot stove as you immediately turn your attention back to your important subject, taking a score of how you did towards getting your stuff or fixing your problem.
    Honestly, i don't know what i would say here. I would like to say that you are right about it, but at the same time i feel i could say that i want to change my belief and feel better about it. Maybe when i first started this work i would say that it's about manifestation, but now im not sure.

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  6. #6
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    Also, let's say that i feel like i'm trying too hard with my "work". For example i was doing "go general" and felt like i'm "pushing" it. Do i need to stop doing "go general" and just do something esle and try again later?

    Btw how do i correct my posts? I made some grammar and QUOTE mistakes.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Btw how do i correct my posts? I made some grammar and QUOTE mistakes.
    How do I edit my post?

  8. #8
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    Thank you so much WellBeing. I guess it's not an option anymore, since there are no your quotes and i don't know how to edit it so you quotes could be there as well. I hope it's okay for you with the way it is. If not i will do my best to edit it or just make another reply.
    I would like to add more about what i wrote there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I get it and i honestly doing my best in finding those thoughts, but when i look for these BFTs it feels like i don't believe in anything. I have been looking for BFTs which are true and yet better since you posted your reply, but it's so hard and i probably need (and want) to soothe this thought as well but overall it literally feels like i don't believe in anything. It probably sounds weird and i think that i just don't understand what a belief is according to abraham teachings (I've read AAIIG btw). Let's say that i ask myself something like "Do you believe in space?" before abraham i would say "Yes. Who doesn't? There are a lot of evidences of it". Right now i'm not sure. I would start to say "well i have never been there. Also maybe it's a lie just like bible." Funny thing is when i say to myself "i'm gonna get a billion dollars by tomorrow" i can tell that i don't believe in it but if it comes to something positive/better feeling i can't say if i believe in it or not. I don't even know how to explain it correctly because i don't understand this problem myself either. I just feels like you can just not believe in anything even if there are a lot of evidence of it. It's like i gotta see it by myself, but i no that it's not possible unless i line up with it first.
    What i basically mean is i that i get a lot of contradicting thoughts when i ask myself "do you believe in it?". Like my example about space. As soon as i ask myself "do you believe in it?" i start to think a lot of contradicting thoughts about every thought and subject. Like i feel doubt about everything. What do i need to do here? I feel like it's the only missing peace for me here. How do know if i believe in something or not? Do i need to feel it? For example "I'm gonna get 1 billion dollars tomorrow" I feel doubt about this statement. Does it mean that it's my belief letting me know that i doubt in it? I hope it make sense. I really wanna understand what to do about this situation.

    Once again, thank you.

  9. #9
    Abe_Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    I have been practicing the "go general" process with the way that WellBeing told me about (true and better feeling thought). I noticed that if i really carefully look and pay attention to a certain thought then contradicting thoughts don't appear. Because of it i kinda can tell if i believe in it. For example, i was trying to feel better about the fact that i'm not very experienced with the teachings. Here is an example of BFT: "We are all people and we all start from something so it's logically that people can have difficulties if it's a new field for them" It feels better than "I feel confused about these teaching" and i noticed that i don't feel a discomfort with my belief about this statement. But when i say something like "it's okay where you are" i feel a discomfort about this statement, like something is not right. So my question is do i do everything right?(i know that i have to listen to my feelings, but since i was doing "go general" before and turns out i wasn't doing it in a corrent way then it's much better for me to listen people that have a lot of experince in these teachings) Also, do i feel this discomfort because i don't believe in this statement since it's pretty far from where i am? I would really like to hear other people's opinion because I'm very new to these teachings and any feedback is very appreciated. Btw the posts above were very OTV, but i still would like to hear your opinion about it if it's possible.

    Thank you anyway.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    What i basically mean is i that i get a lot of contradicting thoughts when i ask myself "do you believe in it?".

    Perhaps you do. We think trillions of thoughts each day. In that whole variety of thoughts which come to your mind as you ask yourself does this “still seem true to me,” there will be thoughts which will feel worse to you and thoughts which will feel better. The ones that feel better to you are your BFTs.

    See? You didn't have to do anything except pay attention to how you feel in order to find your BFTs. You ARE already thinking them. No work at all! Easy peasy.

    These BFTs thoughts are, by definition, focused more towards your wanted end of that stick. Focus on these and enjoy your relief from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Like my example about space.

    Well, here, you’ve changed the discussion somewhat, because my comment (“Reach for thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better”) was in reference to a Forum friend’s practice, “work,” or Process. And you WERE able to do that; you said so in your OP. Now, you’ve shifted away from my focus to big, whole topics like “space.”

    Although that’s your different focus, you can still apply this same technique with your topic. IOW, as you think your variety of thoughts about “space,”pay attention to how you feel as you think this thought and that thought. Then give your attention to the thoughts you’re already thinking which feel better to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    As soon as i ask myself "do you believe in it?" i start to think a lot of contradicting thoughts about every thought and subject. Like i feel doubt about everything.

    But you DON’T feel doubt about everything, because you told us in your OP that you could tell that, although you did feel relief when you read “You are where you are and where you are is all right,” you checked in with yourself and you understood that you didn’t believe that where you are is all right. So, you don’t feel doubt about “everything.” That’s another inaccurate statement that doesn’t serve and you don’t feel any form of “good” (or even, “better”) when you think that “i feel doubt about everything.”

    Now, it’s understandable that you would feel Doubt. You’re feeling your Doubt because you’re willing to think thoughts for reasons other than how they feel. You know that you don’t feel any kind of “good” when you think about people lying to you or about the Bible being a lie. Your emotional guidance system is telling you that your IB isn’t joining you in those thoughts. You can use your discomfort to guide yourself away from those thoughts, but in this thread, you’ve been demanding “evidence” before you’re willing to reach for a different thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    What do i need to do here?

    You use your powers of focus to give your attention to the thoughts that you are thinking which feel better to you. Your “I'm a billionaire” thought isn't going to really feel better to you because you have so much evidence (and we know how much you love evidence) about how you are NOT a billionaire. But you could take that single thought and massage it so that it's less challenging to the evidence of which you're so aware. That less challenging would feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    How do know if i believe in something or not?

    I’m going to nitpick with you here because you also changed my recommendation. My recommendation is to find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better. That’s a slightly different thing than how you’re stating it here. And you do know if your statement seems true to you. You’ve already told us in your OP that you CAN do this. You know that your “I’m gonna get 1 billion dollars tomorrow” doesn’t ring true to you.

    Now, about your question here, you don’t really need to figure out whether you believe in this topic or that. You only have to determine whether you believe the thoughts you’re selecting to think and you can do that.

    You don’t need to “clear limiting beliefs” in the way that other people teach. With these teachings, that’s not necessary because by making a habit of reaching for BFTs, you are also, at the same time, shifting your limiting beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    Do i need to feel it? For example "I'm gonna get 1 billion dollars tomorrow" I feel doubt about this statement. Does it mean that it's my belief letting me know that i doubt in it?

    No, your Doubt is your indicator that you’re thinking thoughts which contradict your statement. You know what those thoughts are. You have a whole bunch of thoughts about the likelihood of your getting 1 billion dollars tomorrow. Those thoughts seem more true to you than this statement you’ve presented here. That difference of those thoughts produce within you your feeling of Doubt.

    Abraham teach us ways to soothe and shift those contradictory thoughts so that you feel better as you think them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe_Shay View Post
    I hope it make sense. I really wanna understand what to do about this situation.

    Once again, bring a specific piece from your life that you want to discuss.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •