Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improving my thoughts on money

Improving my thoughts on money

Hallo dear Abers,
    I've been a lurker on this forum for a long time, I love being here in this such positive place. Now I've decided to not only write at home in my journal but also
    in this thread to slowly and continuously improve my feelings about money. I am happy if I get suggestions for improvement from you, thank you in advance! I will try my best to write here every day to stay tuned.

I want to change my attitude towards money. In the last few weeks, when I consciously paid attention to it, I noticed that I have a very negative attitude towards money. This has been the case for a long time, but I'm starting to believe that it doesn't have to stay that way. Even when I've been dealing with money all my life, I'm starting to see that I have the opportunity to change something. I am not a victim. I'm in control of things. I can change my feelings.

I noticed that I enjoy reading here in the forum, listening to Abe videos on YT, and that I'm trying to have a good feeling, but money is my personal bugaboo. It has evolved that way over the years. I do not want that anymore. I want something different, better. At the moment I am emotionally pretty far down on the EGS on this subject, it is probably uncertainty or feelings of guilt. I have a lot less to do than a year ago, so I'm also generating less income. The expenses have remained the same, however, and I am often afraid that something will come about the house that I cannot pay for. Now I want to find better thoughts.

I'm tired of always struggling with this issue. I've always worked a lot and the result is relatively little money. I find that even though I don't want to, I am jealous of others who can easily afford things. Who just buy beautiful things without thinking. Without bad conscience. I'm so tired of denying myself everything. I wish beautiful things for myself. Abundance for me and my family. A new car. Nice clothes. New furniture. I want that for myself too. I love it when Abe talks about how we are all worthy and we can get anything we want. I deeply believe what they say. Now I want to believe that for myself too. In the past few weeks I've gotten a glimpse of what it might feel like to be worthy of lots of money. I wanna feel it I am a friendly, nice person and I deserve to be fine. I want to stabilize the feeling within me that I am worthy of all the good that I wish for. I want this feeling more often. It feels so good. I am proud of myself that I try and work on myself. I can do that. No big deal, it's practice. I am able to do that. And I can get a lot of help here in the forum.

I know I'm doing a good job in my work. I know that people often pay more money than usual for good work. I have had very wealthy customers who have valued me and appreciate me. And money can't come to me just through work. This is also an old belief that I want to let go of. I've read enough to be convinced that there are many ways to make money; that goes for others, so it goes for me too. I only have one job: to pay attention to my feelings. Good feelings are good and take me further, bad feelings are less good and serve to point out to me that I am moving in the wrong direction. Quite a great thing. I can be patient with myself. I will take baby steps. That's enough. For now I'm proud to have started. I am on the right track. I feel a little bit better.

i've noticed that I have many negative beliefs about the subject of money. I wanna work on them and replace them with better feeling thoughts.

Negative thought: There are more important things in life than money.

Even though there are many things in life that are important, my life is heavily influenced by the amount of money I have. When I feel financially secure, I wake up in the morning feeling completely different. I feel lighter, more carefree and free. I have more choices in what I do. I have much more freedom of choice. I've already got to know this to a limited extent. The feeling of just going shopping without having to think about prices is wonderful. It makes me feel very happy and I can allow myself to be happy. So it's okay to take money seriously and allow myself to do so. That's why I'm not a materialist or a bad person. Even with a lot of money, you can be friendly and empathetic. I don't need to fear that I will become a completely different person. Everyone has the opportunity to work on their feelings. It has nothing to do with luck or bad luck, fate or favor, it has to do with improving my feelings about money. I can do that. Even if I'm not perfect yet, I want to practice it and get better at it. That feels good to me.

Negative thought: Money can not buy happiness

How thoughtlessly one takes such things from others! Having enough and more than enough money makes me very happy. I love the feeling of having a lot of bills in my wallet and being able to afford things. I love being generous and generous to myself and others. That feels really good to me and gives me a lot of pleasure. Just doing things or shopping for fun is just great. I love the good feelings that money and what I can do with it brings me. I love the feelings of freedom, independence, ease, generosity, fun and joy. All of this makes me very happy.

I am so happy to have found Abe and this forum again. I read a lot and pay more attention to my feelings. This is a good start. I'm learning more every day and it feels so good to be here again. I'm a bit proud that I not only read, but started writing a lot, not only here in the thread, but also in my journal at home. It helps me to be clearer about my feelings.

I am so grateful that I have this wonderful relationship with my husband. We get on so well, he is my "solid rock". I like how we have a lot of fun together every day and do things together.

I love my job. I am so grateful that I dared to set up my own business seven years ago. I love working with people. I have met so many wonderful people, have received so much appreciation and I still enjoy bringing joy to others. It really is my dream job. I have such wonderful customers. I am respected and valued. My work is of great value to them. That makes me happy.

I love my family. I have such wonderful children and I don't have to worry about them as they go their own way. We have a lot of fun together when we see each other, and I'm proud that I helped make them where they are. I am glad that you would like to come home to visit us.

I am so grateful for my health. I have a wonderful body that does so much for me. I feel good in him. I love running, cycling and other physical activities. I feel so alive then.

I am happy that today is Sunday. I love to spend the day without a plan and just do what I feel like doing. But now I'll go back to bed first.
    This wonderful mantra that wonderful POE ()postet on another thread will be my guide today....enjoy!

Happiness Mantra

I?m going to be happy.
    I?m going to skip.
    I?m going to be glad.
    I?m going to smile a lot.
    I?m going to be easy.
    I?m going to count my blessings.
    I?m going to look for reasons to feel good.
    I?m going to dig up positive things from the past.
    I?m going to look for positive things where I stand.
    I?m going to look for positive things in the future.
    It is my natural state to be a happy person.
    It?s natural for me to love and to laugh.
    This is what is most natural for me.
    I am a happy person.

In the past few days I've realized that I've never really made peace with where I am. I always thought I was okay with what is, but I realize that it is not really like that. Even if I have nice moments during the day and can be happy about a lot, there is this feeling of: You can't do it, otherwise you would already have what you want! I think I always have a tendency towards happy face stickering. But it's good that I recognize that, it gives me the opportunity to change something. I realize that I get frustrated quickly if I don't achieve success quickly.

I am on the way. I am at the beginning of a new path. I can be patient with myself. It is all a matter of practice and practice. Feelings keep changing. I pay much more attention to my feelings, and I'm proud of that. I don't have to do everything perfectly right away, the important thing is that I stick with it and practice. I can have fun. It's nice to feel good. I enjoy having good feelings. That's the most important thing anyway. I want to enjoy every day to the fullest whether manifestations come or not. i already have a good life. I have so much joy in my work. I have a beautiful comfortable house and I really love my stove. I have a great relationship and two wonderful kids. I am grateful for that. I want to relax and let it all go. I wanna be in my vortex and just enjoy being in there. Everything else will follow. I believe in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki0264 View Post
    In the past few days I've realized that I've never really made peace with where I am. I always thought I was okay with what is, but I realize that it is not really like that.
    Good for you for having the courage to have this important awareness for yourself. And notice how this important awareness actually empowered you! Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Good for you for having the courage to have this important awareness for yourself. And notice how this important awareness actually empowered you! Good for you.
    Thank you WellBeing, I know I have to work in this topic more.... I am aware that I like to suppress my emotions, I always want to be friendly and gentle to others and not angry ...so I am raised in my family...but now I will give ist a try and see how that all feels...I hope ist will be clearer to me where
    I am in the EGS....Sometimes I don't know this exactly....:hmm

Thank you WellBeing, I know I have to work in this topic more....
    Fair enough (and that's kind of natural, isn't it?), but don't let that idea take anything away from what you had already accomplished.

I am aware that I like to suppress my emotions,...
    That will.change, as you get more practiced in working with your emotions as you're doing here.

And I'd like to point out that having and feeling your emotions is different from expressing your emotions. You can have and feel your emotions (as you are doing) without expressing them. ("Expressing" your emotions generally falls under the category of "the action journey" in these teachings and Abraham teach us, when we're OotV, to stay very, very quiet. So, again, good for you, for being a natural Aber!)

I hope ist will be clearer to me where
    I am in the EGS....Sometimes I don't know this exactly....:hmm
    It will become clearer to you, as you practice working with your emotions more. That's just natural. It's like how you learned your colors. You first had to learn what was "blue" and what was "red." When you got that figured out, you were then able to tell what was "dark red" and "bright red" and "pink." It's the same thing here.

And don't worry about knowing exactly where you are in the EGS. That's really not necessary to do your vibrational "work." All you really need is to honestly feel whatever you're feeling (you don't even need to label it) and then feel your way to a thought which still seems true yet feels better.

You got this!

Thanks WellBeing, that's encouraging for me.

This morning I was sitting at my wonderful breakfast and I was thinking about what it would be like if nothing changed in my life ... if everything just stayed the way it is ... and I thought my life is not like that bad as I sometimes think ... I've noticed that I just have old thought patterns that I like to repeat. But I've come a long way from where I came from and I have a lot that is good that I can focus on.An di'm proud that I now have established the meditation practice into my morning routine. This feels good for me. And then I saw the beautiful orchid on my windowsill, which is blooming so wonderfully, and I thought: You are only blooming for me, thank you! That may sound silly, but at that moment I felt a deep gratitude for my existence ... and that felt very good. And I would like to take every day as it comes and make the best of it ... and not always just waiting for "the money to rain in the window", I want to feel good, that should be my mantra every day. And being aware of my feelings is a good start in the right direction, I think

These days I read in a thread from LaughingWolf/Courages Sun her wonderful description of shifting her vibration by going downstream...she used the analogy of the salmon and the bear...that was very useful to me...I cannot find the original thread but I've printed it out and will it paste in here....maybe it's helpful to someone . Enjoy

"On my way to feeling better
    After posting several things and receiving excellent advice, I feel I may finally have some clarity on a few huge issues of mine. So Marc, Wellbeing, Paradise on Earth and all others who have taken the time out of their day to give me such wonderful advice: thank you.
    It was a lazy day for me today. I had the day off work and I kind of just did nothing. But, it was good. I am often very busy that doing nothing is nice. I watched a few Abraham videos. One in particular that really spoke to me was a new one. I?s called “How do you hold on to that eternal love for self”. In the video, she speaks about the path of least resistance. And while I am sure you are all very familiar with the path of least resistance and you are able to apply it to your life very easily, it kind of jumped out at me in a smack me in the face kind of way. Like, why haven? I been doing this already? It almost seemed illogical of me that I wasn?t already doing so.
    In the video, she says that if it is cold outside and you go outside without your coat, the easiest path is to go back to get your coat. Well, that makes sense. Then I started thinking, because I live where it?s cold, I already know to put my coat on first so I am not cold when I go outside. So what else do I already know to do that I?m not doing the easy way? What am I making harder?
    With this, I spent the day basically questioning myself. I had to answer some very hard questions and make myself face a lot of things. I wanted to really dig deep into myself and find out how I really feel about certain things. I have a personal journal. I read over that. It?s filled with ways to get him to like you and want you. I had very little in it about being happy or feeling better. Well, that obviously isn?t working for me. Not a single dating tip from all these so-called experts have worked with me getting someone to like me and want me. Well, good-bye journal. Adios. Time for a new approach.
    I had to think for a real long time on why having a relationship is so important to me. (Yes, I know you guys have asked me this question) And my impulse answer is I want one. I think it will make me feel good. I think I deserve one. I?m tired of being alone. I want companionship.
    And I went deeper from there. I questioned each of those answers. Why do I want one? Because I think it will make me feel good. Why do I think it will make me feel good? Because I enjoy the company of having someone in my life. Why do I think I deserve one? Because I am worthy. Why am I tired of being alone? It?s been a long time. Why do I want companionship? Because I?m human and that?s what humans want.
    And I questioned myself even more from there. How would having these things make me feel? I would feel good, happy, relaxed, at ease, comforted….then I asked myself if I felt any of that now and I said, No. So, I asked more questions of myself. How can I feel those things in having a relationship if I couldn?t feel them within myself already? I couldn?t answer that. No one is responsible for my happiness but me. I reflected back on a past relationship I had. I was the sole source of the person?s happiness. They looked at me to make them happy in every way. It drained me and they still weren?t ever happy. Being that I am a nurturer by nature, I thought that by caring for this person, we?d come together in some sort of mutual bond of needing each other. And in a way we did, but the end result was that I could not make them happy and I was left drained. Neither one of us was happy.
    So that made me think what it would do to someone if I depended on them to make me happy. It would be exhausting for them. And in the video, Esther talks about how the Source within you adores you. So, I wanted to know how to tune into my Inner Being. I have never truly felt adored before. Not by my parents. Not by my ex-husband. Not in past relationships. Just not all. It doesn?t mean someone never did adore me, I just never felt I was adored. Why was that? Why could I not feel it? Because I never adored myself.
    How do I awaken my IB to feel her adoring me and loving me? I was told by feeling better. So, how do I feel better? I?ve been stuck in the same place for a very long time. Same story. Different day. Same story. Different day. Repeat and repeat. I wake up. I?m alone. I go to work where everyone but me has a someone. I go home to an empty house. I eat alone. I watch tv alone. I go to bed alone. Next day, repeat. Same thing over and over. Now I must rewrite my story to get to feeling better.
    How can I rewrite this story? How can I tell it differently so it feels better? By going general. By thinking about Hummingbirds. (I will have a new found appreciation for those 34 cent Hummingbird stamps at work now)
    And in the video, Esther says that if our way doesn?t feel good, we should go another way. If that doesn?t feel good, then try another. Until we find the path of least resistance. Then I asked myself how does going after a relationship feel? Well, it doesn?t feel good at all. It feels like work. I’m not having any real fun. I try to convince myself I am but I?m really not. I?m tired and frustrated like a crabby toddler who needs a nap. I have had moments of feeling good and I have had moments of being happy but I have not yet been able to hold those feelings consistently.
    I started asking myself many of the same questions that Abraham would ask of the HS?ers. How do I get there from here? How do get to where I feel better? How do I get in my vortex? I can look for things to appreciate, no matter how simple. And then the funniest thing came to me. I realized in all of this that I?ve been a salmon. A salmon fights against the current of the stream to return to its home nesting ground to lay its eggs. And then it dies because it?s so exhausted fighting against that current or a bear eats it. Not a happy ending for the salmon. I don?t want to be like the salmon.
    But the bear; well he just stands at the edge of water and waits for that salmon to literally jump in his mouth. He makes hardly any effort at all. He stands there and his meal literally jumps into his mouth. It?s obvious the bear knows what the path of least resistance is. I?d really rather be a bear than a fish. This is like the biggest epiphany I?ve ever had. Why am I fighting so much against the current to have what I want, when I can simply stand where I am and have it come to me? And I bet that bear feels great. All the fish he can eat and it literally jumps into his mouth for him. What a lucky bear.
    I feel better already. Now I am on my way to feeling good. I can still want my relationship. I can still want my Lover but now I can go on the path of least resistance to get me there. No more struggling against the current. It?s all downstream from here. If I start to feel bad, I will ask myself; am I the bear or the salmon?

Thank you all for putting up with me while I got all my crazy out. I seriously actually feel better at this moment. "

Another belief that I have often thought so far is: I always have too little money.

This is a thought that I have carried around with me for a long time. I totally internalized it. In doing so, it does not really agree with reality. I have put some money aside to buy a car soon and there is always a certain amount on my business account. It seems like I don't even notice it or it doesn't count. I used to only spend money on the children or the house, almost never on myself! But I know that I am worth it, that I am fine and that I also deserve all the good that I want. I wanna feel worthy of all of it.

Better thoughts: Even if I don't have much wealth, I've always been able to pay for everything so far. I have no debts. I have reserves that I can use if necessary. I go shopping and buy what I need. I am buying more and more branded items. I buy nice things on the market, so fresh and delicious! I love our wonderful market place with so much variety. I stop driving myself crazy about things that are a little cheaper elsewhere and I don't go there anymore. I usually buy everything in my favorite shop. I get everything I want there and they are all so nice there, it all feels good to me.