Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Path to lowering my electricity bill unfolding

Hybrid View

Path to lowering my electricity bill unfolding

A while back I did a rampage of appreciation on electricity, mainly prompted by feeling a bit reluctant to paying my bill, since then I've paid the bill without reluctance and not really thought that much about it.

Following that, some months ago I was contacted by my provider, offering to switch me to green electricity, which would lower my bill a bit, but I did have to lock myself into their services for minimum a year. I had to book an appointment online, but the system didn't work, and it felt like a hassle to sort it out, so I just left it. Then some weeks ago some people from a consumer organisation knock on my door, they tell me that it is their mission to keep people informed of the best energy options, and that since the company I'm with gets a portion of its energy from a neighbouring country that I could get an increase in cost because of taxes, they give me information about other providers. I feel appreciative that I didn't lock myself into my current provider for a year, but somehow I still don't feel like doing anything.

Then the other day I get the mail, I sometimes, like most people I guess, get these enveloped addressed to the "the inhabitants of this house", which is usually just another kind of promotional material that I put in a pile and eventually throw out. There is such an envelope, and for some reason (thank you IB ) I open it. It is a letter from a foundation established with government money with the objective to get my city to run on green energy, they instal roof solar panels for free in my city and take care of the maintenance, etc for 10 years! So now I have booked an appointment so they can come and take a look and I can get with the program

It was just this morning that I became conscious of this unfolding, so much fun, source keeps knocking

C

Sounds exciting. Let's see where this goes

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    sounds awesome! Wishing you tons of more fun in the unfolding!

Wow C really awesome, love this.

I switched my electricity supply to a green company last year. Fun, they were the cheapest in my area as well. And the fun thing is that they gave me so many bonuses for switching that now they owe me about a years worth of electric, so I have no electric bill for probably a year.
    They also give you £50 if you recommend a friend to switch ( plus the friend gets £50 too!)
    So it's possible to have free electric forever ha fun!

Love your success, it takes free electric to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Consciously View Post
    A while back I did a rampage of appreciation on electricity, mainly prompted by feeling a bit reluctant to paying my bill, since then I've paid the bill without reluctance and not really thought that much about it.

Following that, some months ago I was contacted by my provider, offering to switch me to green electricity, which would lower my bill a bit, but I did have to lock myself into their services for minimum a year. I had to book an appointment online, but the system didn't work, and it felt like a hassle to sort it out, so I just left it. Then some weeks ago some people from a consumer organisation knock on my door, they tell me that it is their mission to keep people informed of the best energy options, and that since the company I'm with gets a portion of its energy from a neighbouring country that I could get an increase in cost because of taxes, they give me information about other providers. I feel appreciative that I didn't lock myself into my current provider for a year, but somehow I still don't feel like doing anything.

Then the other day I get the mail, I sometimes, like most people I guess, get these enveloped addressed to the "the inhabitants of this house", which is usually just another kind of promotional material that I put in a pile and eventually throw out. There is such an envelope, and for some reason (thank you IB ) I open it. It is a letter from a foundation established with government money with the objective to get my city to run on green energy, they instal roof solar panels for free in my city and take care of the maintenance, etc for 10 years! So now I have booked an appointment so they can come and take a look and I can get with the program

It was just this morning that I became conscious of this unfolding, so much fun, source keeps knocking

C
    isn't that just wonderful Consciously! congratulations on you being a Deliberate Creator yay
    I do remember your wonderful rampage as well.

and funny, the other day I get a similar resident letter offering insulation support

songbird - it sounds to me like we are on the same wonderful supplier! my bill has gone right down since I changed to them

Wow C really awesome, love this.

I switched my electricity supply to a green company last year. Fun, they were the cheapest in my area as well. And the fun thing is that they gave me so many bonuses for switching that now they owe me about a years worth of electric, so I have no electric bill for probably a year.
    They also give you £50 if you recommend a friend to switch ( plus the friend gets £50 too!)
    So it's possible to have free electric forever ha fun!

Love your success, it takes free electric to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild and Beautiful View Post
    isn't that just wonderful Consciously! congratulations on you being a Deliberate Creator yay
    I do remember your wonderful rampage as well.

and funny, the other day I get a similar resident letter offering insulation support

songbird - it sounds to me like we are on the same wonderful supplier! my bill has gone right down since I changed to them
    Yes, that's wonderful

Funny how this evolves, got the feedback that my roof does not have enough free space for the solar panels, which is basically because they redeem their investment via green certificates so they need a certain amount of panels per roof. I thought well, ok, that's how it is, and then I thought maybe I should check out this electricity cost comparison thing. It was actually super easy to do online, and now I have an offer from a different supplier that will lower my bill as much as the solar panels would have.

Just love it!

C

Well this just gets better

This is just the gift that keeps giving a representative for my old supplier just rang my doorbell, if I revert to their services I pay the same amount as I have been with the new one, but I get 50EUR off my first bill and a 15% automatic discount on my total for the next year.

What fun!

And I just got 800 euros back after switching suppliers