Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: ABRAHAM NOW - Live broadcasts.

I had to look it up being curious.

There are 22 points on the guidance scale.

5. Optimism
    6. Hopefulness
    7. Contentment
    8. Boredom
    9. Pessimism
    10. Frustration/irritation/impatience
    11. Overwhelming
    12. Disappointment
    13. Doubt
    14. Worry.
    15. Blame.

So the "exact" middle is 11. Overwhelment.
    With frustration irritation being close infront!! And disappointment being close behind! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Consciously View Post
    I have once in my life been in a completely non-resistance place where I did exactly that, I danced non-stop for two hours with a group of people having the same experience. It was an amazing feeling, but after a while I relaxed into a calm place, I was still joyful but I had no need to dance anymore.

I am not the queen of quotes, but my understanding of that quote is that it doesn't have to be interpreted literally, what Abraham wants is for everyone to feel the joy of their existence. Eckhart Tolle found complete bliss in living so much in the now that he was homeless and didn't care at all, personally I don't aspire to be that unconditional, but it plays out differently for everybody.

The middle of the scale is contentment, which is also described as ease and satisfaction, but to me satisfaction flows along all the upper levels of the EGS, always leaning towards more satisfaction, increased satisfaction, what feels more satisfying, that's how it best works for me in terms of feeling my emotional guidance.

If you've mastered the middle of the scale, then the work is to move up one rung at a time, as you do that you will find ways to anchor yourself at each rung in a way that feels comfortable to you.

Maybe other forum members have had different experiences and are managing their inner dancer all the time.

C
    Good post.

I have one for you too.

It happened the other day. I figured that given the rules can be bent as you are doing everything in the now; I decided to maintain my focus on the high end desires whilst also segment intending. That is an awful lot of work, especially if you are also trying to learn a couple of foreign languages. However, this seemed to have worked - I managed to get an impulse. The impulse was to cook. Lunchtime was coming and it was actually common of me to ignore it but this time I got a decent start. I had found that I had brought exactly the correct ingredients the other day and every turn that I made on that dish was perfect. Perfect seasoning, perfect amounts measured, perfect number of ingredients, perfect amount of sauce. At times, it event felt like I wasn't even doing it. The dish was perfect and delicious.

At some point, I must have lost the motivation to maintain it. But it did feel like I had got hold of a higher power.

I don't think about it as a linear scale or as the middle being neutral, it's just a reference. I think it is deliberate that there are more "steps" on the lower rungs because it is easier to stabilise in smaller steps if you're in an OOTV place and want to feel better.

ETA: I know I wrote below that contentment was in the middle, but it's more that it's the gateway to ITV

ETA again: For me contentment is making peace, that's my personal reference.

C

I think Abraham always said that for every person the emotions might be called different and what they gave is just an example.

An idea on the journey of our feelings.

For me satisfaction has levels itself. I might be focused deliberately on things that are just fine, I am content with. For example, my chair is comfortable, my bedsheets smell nice, I like this fresh summer air. Or this tea has perfectly warm water. It is a simple contentment. I do not have any resistance. These are general things I am content/satisfied with. That would be in the middle of the scale for me.

But then I might be feeling satisfied/fulfilled with the way my day unfolded. That feeling of satisfaction that something was accomplished. That sweet satisfaction/fulfilment is on a higher level for me.

I agree completely on the use of 'words'. The emotional scale is prefixed and suffixed by Abraham saying that the emotional scale is just filled with words that they are using. The key, they say, is feeling better - or knowing what feels good or what feels bad and course correcting to good feeling emotions.

During the Abraham Now broadcast, somebody asked about feeling good whilst expressing anger (which is a good question) and Abraham said, 'yeah but do you feel better really? Is it something that actually makes you feel better?'. So that answers that question which is immediately raised when Abraham simplifies the emotion thing.

Now, it's fine to say that feeling better or worse is the key to the understanding but as there are different levels (and just different types) of feeling better, some guidance is needed on what we are supposed to be feeling. From my perspective, joy, love and appreciation - especially love - are close to completely different feelings. So for me, the question is what is the highest level you can reach? We can worry about how we get there later, I just want to know what we are aiming for. My personal feeling on this is that it is more difficult than people associated with Abraham think it is - I think this is largely because Abraham makes up their own terms and and redefines already existing words to their own definitions. On many occasions, people are using Abraham terminology without acknowledging that the definitions are not outlined fully. I am still unclear as to what the word 'vibration' actually means. Initially, I thought it meant emotion, then Abraham defined it as a 'thought', then Abraham changed it and defined it as a 'root of a thought'. I also think that Abraham uses the word 'belief' intermittently from its traditional definition to their definition which they say is 'a thought you keep thinking'.

Ultimately, it is not going to matter if we can get around it. If we can figure out a structure of a thought and the basis of its emotion or its emotional response, we don't really need to take particular heed to the technical information.

The closest thing I have found is a segment from earlier this year:

It is so much fun to understand how it works and be a deliberate cooperative component within it. And when you come to trust the goodness of your inner being and the personal-ness of what it is calling you toward because you put it there, then you get to be that deliberate creator and the allower of what you created at the same time. And then, as you allow these thoughts to turn to things and the manifestations to explode into your world, you get to feel the thrill that your inner being feels over the successful creation that you have accomplished. This is a little bit of a tricky conversation; it's all you that we are talking about, but it's different aspects of you. So, we refer to your inner being and we refer to you and what our entire desire is to bring you together with your inner being. But, you said 'well, I said that I would separate ever so slightly from what my inner being knows and I would be the pioneer that would go out to discover new nuggets. So I am branching out into a step 1 moment and I am finding something that I want and as I am finding something that is missing, which is causing me to identify what I want' and then your inner being is focusing with instant success with what you want. But you have - and this is such a delicious part of the creative process - you have created for yourself a gap because you've wanted something that is not natural for you to expect yet. Because most humans only naturally expect what they have already seen. So they don't expect miricles, they don't expect things to be different, they only expect what they have already seen. But your inner being knows that if you want it, it is done. And your inner being stands there knowing that knowing. And so, as you practice letting go of the thoughts that don't feel good and allowing that thoughts that do feel good, you come into that knowing and then you get to experience the incremental releasing of resistance which is what relief feels like to you. But then the momentum of it goes greater and greater from relief of letting go of the resistance, to the thrill of momentum building, to the thrill of the momentum building enough that it must manifest into something that you can see and hear and smell and taste and touch. And the THRILL as that's coming along - this is the part that we want you to hear and you are so ready to hear it - we want you to be thrilled for the emotion and thrilled for this emotion and this insight - not just want to be thrilled when the manifestation happens. Because there is always going to be another steady stream of things in the pipeline over which you can be thrilled and if you are waiting for the manifestation before you celebrate - you see your inner being doesn't wait for the manifestation - your inner being is thrilled when this idea happens and thrilled when this piece comes, you inner being is thrilling and thrilling and thrilling. And when you get those thrilling feelings, those things that feel like 'insight' and 'yes!' and passion and eagerness long before it is manifested, what you are feeling is what your inner being is feeling and the fact you are feeling it means you are wide open. You are calibrated.

Abraham goes on to say that those feelings last longer than the manifestation and that if we are only happy with manifestations, then we are missing all the thrilling moments and also says our job is to deliberately tune to it.

Also, in this segment, Abraham also uses the word 'expect' - which I have always had issues with, but if I am reading it correctly, one can just ignore it and tune to the thrilling vibrations.

From August 15th Workshop (POE, this is not the transcription i was referring to in the DM):

"It's nice to be loved. But you can't need to be loved in order to love."
    ______
    HS: What is the meaning of "seek first the kingdom of heaven and all else will be added unto you"? T
    Abe: Tune into who you are really; align with Source; look for your Inner Being's perspective. And when you do do, everything else will be added to that.

___
    Abe: Procrastination means you are trying to push through something you aren't lined up with. Get out ahead of it. Find new ways to adapt. But don't adapt to deprivations. We want you to adapt to a apath of knowing at all times that you are free and that at all times, there is a path of less resistance. You CAN feel satisfied at all times! You just think you're more justified about feeling bad when you're in a pandemic.

_____
    HS: I have long periods of being combative. Sometimes it all just feels....FAKE.
    Abe: Well, it IS fake (*when you force it*) SO go general. MOve your attention away from negative things. Things like "things are always working out for me". "Other than this issue, things usually work out. " Moments like that, negative moments, you need to FEEL for a better feeling. Moments like this often happen and I always feel better eventually. Am i a resenter or a lover? You always have a choice. DO you need to hate someone when they hate you? DO you really have so little control over your emotions!? Calibrate to who you really are. YOur IB only offers love and when you calibrate to that, the connection is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    Now, it's fine to say that feeling better or worse is the key to the understanding but as there are different levels (and just different types) of feeling better,...
    Help me understand what you're saying here. Give us an example of what you're meaning here, because it's not been my experience that there are these different levels or types of feeling better that you're suggesting here.

...some guidance is needed on what we are supposed to be feeling. From my perspective, joy, love and appreciation - especially love - are close to completely different feelings. So for me, the question is what is the highest level you can reach?
    You're "supposed to" (not really, because you have absolute freedom over whether you do so or not) be feeling the best-feeling feeling that you can reach for (and accomplish for yourself) in the next minute from where you had been. And you have flexibility within that, in that you can switch from one topic to a very different one (and perhaps feel a great deal of relief) or you can stay on the same topic and shift your focus on that topic (and perhaps feel a more limited amount of relief). You get to choose. It's your Art of Allowing.

That flexible freedom you have can help you navigate your complex life. You might need to focus on the task at hand (at, say, work, if you're operating machinery) when you might not have the luxury of thinking about a wonderful beach vacation.

As far as the ultimate, "best" vibration that's available to any human, Abraham have said that Esther has run out of words and still not been able to capture the nuances of the ever-expanding "best" vibration, because there really is no end to the "best" vibration that is possible for us to feel. The closest word that Esther has been able to find so far for the "best" vibration is Appreciation. But as you and our friends have pointed out, words are clumsy compared to the subtlety of vibration. That and Abraham don't even use words to begin with.

As they have said, as far as they are concerned, in any given moment, there are only two emotions of any importance: one that feels "better" (than you had just been feeling) and one that feels "worse." What you call it doesn't matter, not to them, not to anyone else. They go on to say that, in that moment, any other emotions aren't important because they're not, in that moment, available to us.

This is why "feel better" is such a great summation of Abraham's teachings. As long as you reach for "better" (according to your standards and definitions, according to your experiences and labels) from where you are in this moment...and then in this next moment...and then in this next moment...and so on, you'll be climbing the Scale, even if you're already "ITV." There is no end to your Vortex.

We can worry about how we get there later, I just want to know what we are aiming for.
    You get to choose. You really do.

There's something screwy (and I'm not criticizing you) about this premise, because you've already correctly pointed out that different people feel different things when using different labels. So, there's no "one size fits all" answer in the way that you're wanting. However, you describe and experience PPE is what you're reaching for.

Furthermore, you want a certain amount of additional flexibility in this regard, because there are times and environments in our complex lives where certain emotions might be less than appropriate. I might decide that Love is the "best" emotion for me but, depending on my definitions and experiences, that Love might not be an appropriate emotion for me to be reaching for in my workplace. (In fact, there are stringent sanctions against such a thing in my particular workplace.) But am I really missing out, vibrationally and alignment-wise, by reaching instead for Eagerness and Enthusiasm instead of the Love which might be problematic? I don't think so.

My personal feeling on this is that it is more difficult than people associated with Abraham think it is -
    You're certainly free to think that way. Does thinking that way help you to feel better? Does thinking that way help you to reach for the highest level you can reach?

I think this is largely because Abraham makes up their own terms and and redefines already existing words to their own definitions.
    That can be a point of confusion, I agree. But a lot of times it's been my experience (and, of course, you're free to have your own, different experience) that, when they do that, it's to rescue and to re-clarify the term from how we humans had muddied it in the first place.

(And don't get me started on how people have turned what Abraham say into a sort of inaccurate shorthand. /rant)

On many occasions, people are using Abraham terminology without acknowledging that the definitions are not outlined fully. I am still unclear as to what the word 'vibration' actually means. Initially, I thought it meant emotion, then Abraham defined it as a 'thought', then Abraham changed it and defined it as a 'root of a thought'.
    This confusion really comes from listening to snippets of quotes out of context, because Abraham don't have the luxury to bring each and every HSer up to speed with the accurate use of the terminology. Instead, a lot of times, they meet the HSer where they are linguistically, so that they can get on with answering the question. (You see this a lot when a HSer talks about "contrast" as being a manifestation that they [really] don't like.)

Vibration is the basis of this entire universe. It's the basic building block of this universe. When you break down the chair that I'm sitting on into its individual components, even down to the very atoms of which this chair is made, you find that there's way, way more "space" than there is "matter" in those atoms. "Space" cannot account for the solidity of my chair, so science has explored it even further to find that it's not such much "space" as it is energy. Because that energy is moving (as energy does), it's called "vibration."

Thought is the closest human experience of "vibration," because we humans are sophisticated receiving and transmission stations (of vibration). Your heart sends out an electromagnetic field (of vibration) with a radius of 8 feet that we humans can measure with current instruments. So, there is vibration, which we humans translate into "thought." So, yes, "vibration" is the basis of thought and "thought" is the translated vibration. As we do our translation, we experience emotions (because we have tuned ourselves to that vibration in order to receive that vibration in the first and that vibration has a relationship with the vibration of our IB. The relationship between those two vibrations produce "emotion.)

[These questions can be answered for you in the Teachings and You sub-forum, if you wanted.]

I also think that Abraham uses the word 'belief' intermittently from its traditional definition to their definition which they say is 'a thought you keep thinking'.
    This is one of those instances where I think they've rescued a word that we humans crapped up. Isn't a belief a thought that you keep thinking? A thought that we've practiced to such an extent that we believe it. They use "their definition" to help us more easily "work" with beliefs, because many people think [I really wanted to say "believe" there] that beliefs are something different and special and, therefore, require special or complicated techniques. When we look at beliefs as simply thoughts (and that's really all they are) we start to understand that we already know how to "work" with thoughts because we've had so much prior successful experiences in changing our minds.

I'm curious. How does your definition differ significantly from theirs?

Ultimately, it is not going to matter if we can get around it. If we can figure out a structure of a thought and the basis of its emotion or its emotional response,...
    I don't know why you'd be wanting to figure out a structure of a thought. In terms of these teachings, that would be like figuring out the structure of a sound, a sight, a smell, a taste or a touch sensation. IOW, these are all translations of vibration, just like a thought.

A thought doesn't have "its emotion," so there's no figuring out there that needs to be done. Emotions are created by the relationship between your vibration (which you can point to as the thought that you're thinking) and the vibration of your IB, in that exact same moment, on that exact same subject. As we've already discussed, each one of us has our own individual experiences of what that is for us and sometimes even the words we use don't match up, because none of us can feel what any other is feeling (not even empaths, who are translating what someone else is feeling through the empath's own nervous system and own life experiences and definitions).

Just to be thorough here, by extension, a thought doesn't have an emotional response, so there's no need to figure that out either.

Abraham goes on to say that those feelings last longer than the manifestation and that if we are only happy with manifestations, then we are missing all the thrilling moments and also says our job is to deliberately tune to it.
    Absolutely. As they've often said, life is what happens when you're waiting on line at Starbucks. IOW, every moment of our life has the potential to be thrilling and, if we're missing the thrill of those every moments, it's only because we've tuned to something else instead.

Also, in this segment, Abraham also uses the word 'expect' - which I have always had issues with, but if I am reading it correctly, one can just ignore it and tune to the thrilling vibrations.
    Well, in your quote, they do talk about releasing resistance so that you can tune to the thrilling vibrations. You can't leap from Crappy to Happy, in the next moment, on the same topic. The LoA won't let you do that. It's too far of a gap.

When you're not in the vicinity of "thrilling," you're going to have to do some calibrating, some tuning to get yourself closer towards "thrilling" before you can tune to the thrilling vibrations.

Wellbeing,

I will respond to your post, but I have discovered two new avenues which look very promising. I need to explore these ideas first.

Just bought access to todays broadcast, the first one for me since June. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing Abraham live again!

Quote Originally Posted by VVakeUp View Post
    Just bought access to todays broadcast, the first one for me since June. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing Abraham live again!
    Good for you! How was it?