Page 1 of 91 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Abe-ish movies & TV shows?

Abe-ish movies & TV shows?

I finished watching Elizabethtown for the millionth time and marveled at how Abe-ish Claire was. It always uplifts me, it is such a wonderful movie.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I personally feel that any movie that challenges traditional beliefs and reality in an entertaining way helps to open up one's mind. From that perspective, the first movie that comes to mind is:

The Matrix
    (For those who haven't seen it, it was based on many principles of eastern religions that aren't far off from the teachings here. For one, those living in the Matrix are living in a world where they believe what they see and feel to be reality but is only an illusion - much like our world.)

And for a TV show that challenges reality:
    Sliders (off the air; but re-runs are easy to find)
    Each episode takes you to another reality after which you are left thinking about whether or not we'd be better off living in our reality or in that one. In one episode they end up in a world where everyone wears a "shock collar" that shocks people when they try to lie - too many lies in a row and they could die. (Hopefully, not spoiling too much here...) They learn how freeing it can be to live with true alignment between what you think and the words you speak - how often our desire to be a polite society with it's little white lies adds to our stress and isolation.

I know I've come across a movie or two that was 100% on track with Abraham's teachings but none of them seem to come to mind. I'd love to hear what others come up with.

-Ken

It's all in what makes you feel good. I think that's what makes a movie Abe-ish. But I must say....

Star Wars! Especially if you replace Force with Source. Check out these quotes:

Obi-Wan: The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Princess Leia to Han Solo: If money is all you love, then that's what you'll receive.

Yoda: Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Yoda: Already know you that which you need.

Obi-Wan: Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Yoda: Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.

Yoda: For my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!

Luke: I can’t believe it. Yoda: That is why you fail.

Yoda: Named must your fear be before banish it you can.

Yoda to Obi-Wan on finding Anakin: Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him you will.

Obi-Wan: Stretch out with your feelings.

May the Force (or Source) serve you well.

I have tried and tried to sit down and make a list. But honestly, it's just about everything I watch that is Abish cuz it makes me feel good.I see more there that IS abish than not, so I just can't make a list. Frankly, I see Abe everywhere in the movies and tv I watch.

It's like everything else. Intend it and it comes.

I DID see a movie tonight with Kirstin Duntz that was about the holocaust that I normally would NOT have watched.Cuz the theme there of course is all that contrast, and the fact that we are suppose to*remember* (focus on) .

And yet, I still managed to feel some good. I just normally fly with this. Movies and tv are so easy easy easy for me tofind pleasure in and I just find it everywhere I look. But in movies like that one just tonight, as with all contrast, there were specifics there that were to 'trigger' me and pivot me on an 'old' issue. Much like an Abe rant will up the vibe.

Ruth

Well, there was this list on the first Abe-Forum and some of the movies that where listed there I've watched since and found them very abe-ish indeed:

Under the Tuscan Sun (especially the appearance of "Solomon")
    The Legend of Bagger Vance
    Happy Feet ::swing

I really loved *Little Miss Sunshine*, especially the last 20 minutes of it....the ending just grabbed me by the AOMP.....it blew me away with the happiest of happiest feelings and fun.

It is now officially on my top 10 list of favorite movies/feeling good baby.

An Australian movie; *The Castle* is also in that top 10, talk about live the dream and the power of positive thought! (It's also a comedy).:

Bagger Vance for sure too Lilianny..

Maggie::hearts

Pleasantville

fozzer wrote:
    It's all in what makes you feel good. I think that's what makes a movie Abe-ish. But I must say....

Star Wars! Especially if you replace Force with Source. Check out these quotes:

Obi-Wan: The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Princess Leia to Han Solo: If money is all you love, then that's what you'll receive.

Yoda: Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Yoda: Already know you that which you need.

Obi-Wan: Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Yoda: Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.

Yoda: For my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. It's energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we...(Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder)...not this crude matter. (a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship!

Luke: I can’t believe it. Yoda: That is why you fail.

Yoda: Named must your fear be before banish it you can.

Yoda to Obi-Wan on finding Anakin: Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him you will.

Obi-Wan: Stretch out with your feelings.

May the Force (or Source) serve you well.

A fellow Star Wars lover.......me too man. I, in a very distant way, believe that these movies helped pave the way to my finding of the Teachings of Abraham. Heck, I even looked into and helped partially instigate "The Force" becoming an actual "way of life" to follow. It all fit perfectly for me, exactly like Abraham has "reminded" me.

Have an awesome everyday,

Douglas

Yay Douglas! I've done many comparisons with my Star Wars fanatic friend to get him to understand the teachings. Watching Star Wars now is a whole new experience after knowing about Abe. It's very empowering. I just need to master the Jedi Mind Trick.....:

Chocolat is a good LOA movie. Plus it has my husband Johhny Depp in it ::hearts