Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The next step

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Let's say that again. Say it loud enough so the people in the United States can hear you. "I GET 36 DAYS A YEAR OF VACATION!" Are you frakking kidding me? I know people in the U.S. who would murder their own mothers to get 36 days of vacation. Let that sink in. Really let it in. THEN GO SKIPPING THROUGH THE STREET SHOUTING WITH GLEE: "I GET REGULAR MONEY AND 36 DAYS OF VACATION! I'M FREE AT THE MOMENT AND I'M STILL GETTING MONEY!"

on the other hand, this shows you SO well that living in really good conditions is NOT what "makes us happy".
    We can quibble with the conditions ENDLESSLY! Because- it's not the stuff/people/circumstances that fulfill us. It's our inner Alignment. Period.

shit makes the flowers grow
    I am SO going to use this phrase in my every day's interactions!!!

I think you have gotten really great feedback from Marc and PoE!

When I was a student I had a job cleaning at a hospital on weekends, for me it was a great job, I'm in Europe too and these types of jobs are well paid for being non-skilled, which meant that I didn't need to work so much to generate the income I needed at the time. My appreciation for the job meant that while I started with an early morning shift, I then got an afternoon shift (better for a student), and then I was made weekend supervisor and only had to clean when someone was out sick. Normally they didn't have weekend supervisors, so this position was created just for me. I had travelled for a while, so left the job for a period and wanted it back, there was a waiting list for the regular jobs, so this was the solution, even with a waiting list I got rehired and with an easier job. I didn't know about LOA back then, and didn't have any desire to move on until I graduated, but my appreciation made the job easier and easier.

C
    Last edited by Consciously; 1 Week Ago at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo

Hello dear fellow Abers,

in order to better keep up with you, also because I have to translate the texts first, I answer without quoting. I read each posting not just once but several times and practice in a quiet room. I really want to get this now. You're on point, Marc. Abe reading books and forum, also watching videos, that's good, but not enough. Not that I haven't used a method, no, I'm just too sloppy and unfocused in my vibration work.

Marc, I don't want to kid you. I actually have 36 vacation days a year. To be honest, I think that's perfectly appropriate. I wasn't at all surprised when I signed the contract. 32 days are normal. I am employed part-time and work 4 hours / 6 days. Maybe that's why so much vacation.

You mentioned another problem of mine, and it's in big and bold letters. I do not recognize and appreciate what is good, beautiful and valuable in my life, only what is missing or goes wrong. What goes well, I call chance, what goes bad, I call fate. But without exception everything really grows on my dung and I create in every second of my life, whether consciously or unconsciously. Unfortunately, that's still a knot in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde Rose View Post
    in order to better keep up with you, also because I have to translate the texts first, I answer without quoting. I read each posting not just once but several times and practice in a quiet room. I really want to get this now. You're on point, Marc. Abe reading books and forum, also watching videos, that's good, but not enough. Not that I haven't used a method, no, I'm just too sloppy and unfocused in my vibration work.
    Once again, you are where you are and that's okay. As I mentioned before, the benefit of the contrast you've been experiencing is that it's caused you to look at what you've been
    Marc, I don't want to kid you. I actually have 36 vacation days a year. To be honest, I think that's perfectly appropriate. I wasn't at all surprised when I signed the contract. 32 days are normal. I am employed part-time and work 4 hours / 6 days. Maybe that's why so much vacation.
    I think 36 days is perfectly appropriate too. I made a big deal out of it because while it seems perfectly normal to you, it's not perfectly normal for everyone. Here in the US it's not anywhere near normal. That really just highlights my point that it really is a big deal. Here's an area where you're doing very, very well. Like you said, while 32 days are normal, you get 36 days. Even if you don't focus on those extra days, it's still very, very good. Celebrate that! Make a big deal out of it! Like I said in my last post, start skipping down the street with glee because it's a very, very good thing!
    You mentioned another problem of mine, and it's in big and bold letters. I do not recognize and appreciate what is good, beautiful and valuable in my life, only what is missing or goes wrong.
    You can call it a problem, or you can say it better. Here's something you may have been doing but now you've identified that you've been doing it. Now that you know you've been doing it, you now have the CHOICE as to whether you keep doing it or not. You may not always choose to do something different, but you'll be aware of whether you're doing it or not. As you choose to do something differently, every time you do it differently it gets easier and easier and easier.

But here's the other side of the coin -- when you're used to feeling really crappy, it's very difficult to appreciate anything! That's not any sort of failing on your part, it's just LOA doing it's job. Don't try to appreciate when it's hard to appreciate, but there really is a LOT going on that doesn't suck. If that's where you need to turn your attention -- stuff that doesn't suck -- then do it. If you've got to zoom out to see it -- whether it's on a planetary level, or a galactic level, or a universal level -- then zoom out. But there's plenty that doesn't suck in your life. You've just got to start getting into the habit of noticing that things don't suck instead of always focusing on what DOES suck. And if you're able to see what's good, beautiful, and valuable, whether it's in your life or elsewhere, do that and enjoy it. Just don't shy away from taking small steps even if it's just noticing that things don't suck, or don't suck quite so much. Small steps matter and they're easy to take.
    What goes well, I call chance, what goes bad, I call fate.
    Once again, there's nothing wrong with being where you are. Blaming fate when things don't go the way you want is going to feel better than blaming yourself, or feeling powerless. It's just that now it doesn't serve you as well as it used to. Now you can accept that it's time to reach for something that feels better.
    But without exception everything really grows on my dung and I create in every second of my life, whether consciously or unconsciously. Unfortunately, that's still a knot in my head.
    It's just something you are aware you're doing and now you can CHOOSE CONSCIOUSLY. That's everything.

32 days are normal. I am employed part-time and work 4 hours / 6 days. Maybe that's why so much vacation.
    DH gets 30 days a year, and it's considered plenty! My sons who work as craftsmen get 24 days (which, as far I see it in Germany, is more "normal" than 32 days).

-Not to quarrel with you And I certainly wish everybody as much vacation time as you get. Just please REALIZE the abundance and very good conditions you allowed for yourself, instead of discarding them.

Doing so does NOT feel good, right? Indeed, you literally water down your potential for joy and feeling successful, in doing so.

When you don't realize, celebrate and ENJOY what you've allowed so far, you can not get more reason to enjoy.

I do not recognize and appreciate what is good, beautiful and valuable in my life, only what is missing or goes wrong. What goes well, I call chance, what goes bad, I call fate. But without exception everything really grows on my dung and I create in every second of my life, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Unfortunately, that's still a knot in my head.

Now again, this is a sweet mix of

- HELPFUL clarity (to make it clearer I tinted it in blue),
    - and then saying "but" afterwards, looking straight at unwanted what-is (tinted red), which is NOT helpful.

Stating unwanted conditionas, or repeating unwanted story doesn't make you clearer and in that more empowered, but it binds you to your old story of not being successful.

You don't need to be "realistic" in the sense that you need to point out what doesn't work more often than what it needs for you to GET where you are leaving the helpful trail!

Understand what doesn't work, make peace with it, and then- as soon you realize you are going astray (and that will happen OFTEN, as we all know, Rome didn't get built in one night...),

BACK OFF and find ANYTHING to appreciate, INSTEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Consciously View Post
    I think you have gotten really great feedback from Marc and PoE!

When I was a student I had a job cleaning at a hospital on weekends, for me it was a great job, I'm in Europe too and these types of jobs are well paid for being non-skilled, which meant that I didn't need to work so much to generate the income I needed at the time. My appreciation for the job meant that while I started with an early morning shift, I then got an afternoon shift (better for a student), and then I was made weekend supervisor and only had to clean when someone was out sick. Normally they didn't have weekend supervisors, so this position was created just for me. I had travelled for a while, so left the job for a period and wanted it back, there was a waiting list for the regular jobs, so this was the solution, even with a waiting list I got rehired and with an easier job. I didn't know about LOA back then, and didn't have any desire to move on until I graduated, but my appreciation made the job easier and easier.

C
    I so much like stories like this. It FEELS so uplifting and wise and joyful to me to witness somebody really making the best of where they are, and seeing the wanted sides of what-is! Thank you for sharing, very appreciated!

Then don't choose right now. Why take an action if the thought of taking the action doesn't feel good?

Here's what I would do instead: I'd look at that money I've saved, and then I'd start imagining all the things that I could do with it if I wanted to. I'm not talking about taking action, it's just noticing that if you really wanted to, there's a lot of things you COULD do. "I could go on vacation to this place I've always wanted to go... I saw these really nice things and I realized that I could really buy them if I wanted to..." Abraham used to describe that as spending "energy dollars." You have the ability to blast lots of energy dollars out there and LOA doesn't really know the difference between spending actual dollars (or Euro in your case) and energy dollars. It's aided by the fact that the money is in your bank account or under your mattress or wherever you keep that money. It's real to you, you're not pretending. The money is there, you have access to it, so this exercise is grounded in reality. "I could fly first class... I could eat at this 5 star restaurant and order whatever I want... I could buy a diamond neckless... I could stay in this fancy hotel and order room service! I could go on a cruise..." And because it's about the IDEA and not taking action, there's none of needing to pull yourself back because you're trying to be responsible, etc. It's just for the EMOTIONAL enjoyment.

Then, I'd really bask in how good it feels to notice what I have the ability to do right now if I really wanted to. Then, if I wanted to, I might spend a little time thinking about a flat. I'd think about how it's absolutely the right flat for me, and how it's definitely what I want, and how beautiful and well done it is, and how clear it is that it's the right place for me and how easy it was for everything to come together. I'd enjoy the feeling of that and if any of that felt like too much to imagine or I had any knee jerk reactions about how it's going to happen or where the money is going to come from, I'd stop immediately. The point isn't to find out how to get the flat ASAP, the point is to start enjoying the topic.
    I am so foolhardy and when I look for an apartment I always choose the ones that are exceptional and special. This is of course also reflected in the price. There is currently a loft apartment in an old, converted factory building very close to me. About 12 years ago I saw this gem in its raw state (approx. 145 square meters for 996,000 euros). By the time the entire purchase process has been completed, the sum is just over a million euros.

The bank manager looks after me personally and constantly preaches to me that I can no longer keep all the money in my bank account. Two years are enough, now I finally have to act and do something. Everything else is inefficient and in no way effective. Shares, funds, contracts, buying apartments or houses, ect.

I don't have a lot of time to be honest. An apartment of the above size is over my budget. I also need a better paying and stable job so that the remainder of the loan is approved. And it will, says the bank advisor.

Even if I immediately dive into your wonderful, rich and good contribution, Marc and milk these feelings, how should an external change happen in such a short time? New well-paid job or rain of money that can pay for half of the apartment?
    The bank advisor wants an appointment with me to discuss the matter again, but I can't offer him anything new.

A small, cheap apartment is realistic, but it also requires a well-paying job.