Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Get Over Someone ASAP?

Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    Really good. This reminds me of a section in APOE. The question is how do I know who is the one? Abe says how about ?this is the one I?m having dinner with right now? or ? the one I went to the park with?.
    WellBean,

I just looked into The Astonishing Power of Emotions. They said we should approach each relationship in a less serious way, more playful. That instead of making a relationship...the One I'm looking for, we should instead think something like, this is someone I am having the pleasure of sharing a good meal with, or this is someone I am enjoying a conversation with, or this is someone I am having a good time with today.

I am not sure if that was the section you meant or a different one, but I do understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post

What an amazing idea. Thank you for this comment, this would have been helpful with all my past break ups as well.
    You are welcome, Mickey. I'm glad it was helpful.

I, too, am going to play with this idea, your question inspired in me, for other life areas.

Really good. This reminds me of a section in APOE. The question is how do I know who is the one? Abe says how about ?this is the one I?m having dinner with right now? or ? the one I went to the park with?.
    Yes, this is true, that anyone (and anything) can be what makes your heart rise in love.

For me, these days, love is existence, all in it. I can veer away from that truth, but it will hit me unexpectedly anew. I passed by someone's apartment door, in my building, and she was speaking on the phone. I could hear the conversation from outside. In her voice, and the space around her voice, I felt that mixture of love and beauty that is Source, and the magnitude brought tears to my eyes. What she said did not matter, she was pure love speaking. And the same happened as I walked outdoors that day, that an ordinary man felt like that too, like deep beauty and love. It is an extraordinary feeling like all art, music, and poetry together. This seeps into my awareness at odd times. Then there is the feeling of being in the perfect place, at all times, on the planet. Everyone and everything oozes this same love and beauty, as I engage in some gentle nonjudgmental observation. It is not a romantic love, but something greater. Yet, romantic love is lovely too. It all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel M. View Post
    WellBean,

I just looked into The Astonishing Power of Emotions. They said we should approach each relationship in a less serious way, more playful. That instead of making a relationship...the One I'm looking for, we should instead think something like, this is someone I am having the pleasure of sharing a good meal with, or this is someone I am enjoying a conversation with, or this is someone I am having a good time with today.

I am not sure if that was the section you meant or a different one, but I do understand what you mean.

Yes, that was it. I had forgotten the playful part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel M. View Post
    Yes, this is true, that anyone (and anything) can be what makes your heart rise in love.

For me, these days, love is existence, all in it. I can veer away from that truth, but it will hit me unexpectedly anew. I passed by someone's apartment door, in my building, and she was speaking on the phone. I could hear the conversation from outside. In her voice, and the space around her voice, I felt that mixture of love and beauty that is Source, and the magnitude brought tears to my eyes. What she said did not matter, she was pure love speaking. And the same happened as I walked outdoors that day, that an ordinary man felt like that too, like deep beauty and love. It is an extraordinary feeling like all art, music, and poetry together. This seeps into my awareness at odd times. Then there is the feeling of being in the perfect place, at all times, on the planet. Everyone and everything oozes this same love and beauty, as I engage in some gentle nonjudgmental observation. It is not a romantic love, but something greater. Yet, romantic love is lovely too. It all fits.

Beautiful.

Or should I say beauty-full?

Beautiful.

Or should I say beauty-full?
    WellBean, I love that play on words....beauty-full. Thank you!

I also love that the letters in the word "earth", are the same letters in the word "heart", and that both have the word "art" in them.

Earth is heart and art.