Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverting negative emotions

Disclaimer: I'm new here and I've only read one book so it might have been covered or posted before, but anyways...

Every once in a while your focus shifts to subjects you don't like to see. This is especially true when you're just starting with LOA.

Instead of trying to push it out of your mind, which is pretty though to begin with and most of the time only adds extra energy to that what you don't want, try to bend it on-the-fly.

E.g. your finger hurts and you've decided you want to end that. You've already put some positive thoughts in that, but when you're clicking on your mouse reality kicks in and as you feel the pain your point of attraction shifts to that what you don't want.

Now instead of trying to push the thought away, use the signal to reinforce your wish by turning the energy upside-down.

In this case: 'I feel the pain, but I know it's getting better every time I feel it' or 'It doesn't matter, as I won't be experiencing this anymore soon enough'. You get the picture.

If you find the right words for your situation, you'll notice it works by the smile on your face as you speak them out loud or think of them.

A simple trick that works all the time for me. I use this multiple times a day, on every occasion I feel even slightly irritated about something. Just use that red flag to turn it around, and whatever it was will go away in time, adding to the perfect flow you're looking for.

::hugging

You're "pivoting" and you didn't even know it!!

Way to go!!

* searches on the forum *

Ah. I see. N00b!!!11! ::LOL

Then there's probably a term for this other thing I'm doing too; turning daily routines into 'rituals' to enforce your wishes. In other words, not just brushing your teeth, but actually creating positive thoughts about your teeth while doing that.

There are no set rules of course. You can combine any 'boring' everyday routine with any thought you like.

'Normal' people would probably call that one 'superstition'. ::thumb

Welcome to the forum. I really liked your posts. Yes, you are pivoting, but you explained it in such a nice and simple way. I LOVE what you said about your daily chores and using it as a time to enforce other thoughts!! I'm a stay-at-home mom right now, so I have lots of great chores to do where I can try your new process. If you'd like to elaborate on what you do, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!!

Kristin

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I can provide some inspiring thoughts.

You can use this for whatever you like. I use it when I water the plants for example. Thinking positive thoughts about their growth and things like that.

There really are no limits. And in my opinion, that's what 'rituals' are for in the first place.

If you want to go really far, like myself, think about the health your meal provides when you eat or drink. I don't do that all the time of course, but every little thought counts...

As for the superstition part; you probably already know how this is almost an essential part of sports. You can use any old routine or object (lucky coin anybody?) and attach your wish to that. It's the recurrence and your believe that makes it work.

One other thing I would like to add.

Pain is a signal from your body. It's not an emotion. The emotion that usually follows pain is a negative one (curse / sadness / etc).

In other words, you have 'programmed' yourself (= belief system) to create negative vibes when you are confronted with pain.

If you're able to grasp this concept, you should be able to turn it around. Here's what I do: whenever I feel something that used to bother me I think 'Oh, that's my body at work to fix stuff...'. More pain = more work to do.

I'm not saying this is easy to do, and I certainly don't recommend trashing your current belief system (the doc / pills / etc), but in time you should be able to turn it upside down.

Ever wondered why your mom could kiss the pain away when you were little?

Sgr A wrote:
    Pain is a signal from your body. It's not an emotion. The emotion that usually follows pain is a negative one (curse / sadness / etc).

In other words, you have 'programmed' yourself (= belief system) to create negative vibes when you are confronted with pain.
    You are right that pain "is not an emotion"... However...from an Abraham perspective, pain is the indication OF emotion. It indicates that emotional guidance has been ignored. Pain is an indication of vibration, just like all other manifestations. Our emotional guidance system is meant to be our first line of guidance, so to speak, and when we ignore THAT guidance, as Abraham says: "Don't worry, it will get bigger". So by the time we get a physical pain, we know we've been ignoring that emotional guidance for a while. So in fact, emotion comes BEFORE pain. Pain is the INDICATOR of the emotion. It's saying "pay attention!"
    I am not sure about your second statement. I suppose it's true that when we are unaware that pain follows emotion, we have thoughts about the pain that lead to still MORE negative emotion.. but what Abraham teaches is that pain is just an indicator. And you never get it wrong because you never get it done. So where there is pain (strong indicator), a good attitude is to say well thank goodness my guidance is working! Now I can choose some different thoughts than the ones I've been habitually thinking that have led to negative emotion, which in turn led to this pain.
    1. Thoughts > 2. Emotion > 3. Pain > 4. better feeling thoughts > 5. Better feeling emotion > 6. Good physical feelings too (no pain)

::stardustJody

Hi Jody!

I wasn't aware of this, so first of all thanks for the Abe answer.

As you think this over I'm sure you will see it's the same thing. You're getting an 'indication of an ignored emotion' (= signal).

Since there's little chance we will ever be able to find out what caused it in the first place, as we are quite complex vibrations, my idea is just ignore the negative emotion ('Why do I always hit my thumb with the hammer?' / 'I really don't like the hurting of my back!' / etc) and twist it in your advantage.

Do I make sense?

Slightly related, I came across a post where you quoted Abe on sickness, wondering why sustaining a disease doesn't need as much thought as creating it in the first place. I have some thoughts on that if you're still interested...

PS: I apologize for not always finding the right words. English being my n-th language and all that. Please be patient with me.

Soul Love 2603
    Sgr A wrote:
    Then there's probably a term for this other thing I'm doing too; turning daily routines into 'rituals' to enforce your wishes. In other words, not just brushing your teeth, but actually creating positive thoughts about your teeth while doing that.

There are no set rules of course. You can combine any 'boring' everyday routine with any thought you like.

I like what you're saying. I also call it "living in the now", being in the present. And this is, in my personal view, a powerful tool for our happiness.

In this way our focus is trained, we add more Energy towards our wish how we want our life to be, we feel "inner abundant" and that will lead to be in joy.

┬░Soul Love┬░ ::wave

Sgr A wrote:
    Since there's little chance we will ever be able to find out what caused it in the first place, as we are quite complex vibrations, my idea is just ignore the negative emotion ('Why do I always hit my thumb with the hammer?' / 'I really don't like the hurting of my back!' / etc) and twist it in your advantage.

Well, this is a point that is worth considering. And it's a question that is asked often. When should I "ignore" and when should I try to figure out what thoughts/emotions are causing this current manifestation? Abraham is clear that by the time we get a physical manifestation, we have been ignoring our emotions on something for a while, so I am thinking that more ignoring is not the way to go - because that does not change our point of attraction. If you want to change the indicator (the manifestation, the pain in this case) you have to change your thoughts. If you ignore the pain AND you change your thoughts and emotions, then you are on the right track. If what you mean by "ignore the pain" is don't give the pain a lot of attention so that you sustain its vibration and just create more of it - then I'm with you on that. However if your ignoring means you ignore the indicator AND you don't change your thoughts, you will keep manifesting the same indicator (pain, or whatever) over and over again. So again, it depends what we mean when we say "ignore". In general, when something is an important indicator, "ignoring" isn't the best policy is it?

Also, hitting your hand on a hammer is a little different than a pain that shows up in the body in response to an ongoing emotion that has been "festering". The hammer incident isn't so much "pain" as it's an "event". Either way, it' still indication of vibration of course, but perhaps one is more "immediately" caused than the other. Make sense? And whether we actually "find out" what thoughts caused the pain or the painful event, one thing is certain and that is that it WAS thoughts, and changing thoughts and paying attention to the subsequent emotion will ALWAYS "work" to change the indicating manifestations.

::thumbJody