Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The EMOTIONAL GUIDANCE SCALE

Thank you for posting that list of emotions David.

Earlier today, I was having a very hard time with self condemnation. I read through all the posts on one particular forgiveness thread, and although it made a lot of sense to me I couldn't turn my boat around.

I went to the resource forum, found your thread, and although I know it's in the book and I have applied that process before, seeing it in front of me online at that very moment was exactly what I needed.

I took my issue, and in my head (instead of writing it all down and making into a long drawn out "assignment"), I worked my way up the EGS with it. For the first time, I was able to go from the very bottom of the scale to close to the top, in one fell swoop.

That did it....a peace came over me.

And this evening, as I was settling down to watch a movie with my husband,my exact words were, "I feel so happy". I can't rememberthe last time I said that.

Sincerely,

WallieGirl

HI,

I'm giving another vote for number one, Joy, freedom, etc. Joy feels peaceful to me. Its like excitement and a calm knowing at the same time.

JasmineWhite wrote:
    I'm giving another vote for number one, Joy, freedom, etc. Joy feels peaceful to me. Its like excitement and a calm knowing at the same time.
    Yah, kinda like the calm (just sitting back relaxing enjoying the view from the downstream ride) before the storm (just as things start moving a little quicker, brewing, swirling swirling swirling as you're getting close to something huge about to pop into your life!)::wow::woohoo

I just realized what my "problem" has been the last few months... BOREDOM! I keep having this talk woth my husband about how I'm depressed, or there is something wrong with me or our relationship, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now I realize I am just bored... and that's ok. I just need to learn how to move up the scale, and now I am on my way up... awesome!

That's so wonderful, Rae! ::woohooI've definitely been there before & it's such a great bouncing off place for so much more. Such a great place to be!!

Thank you oohlahlahgirl! Just reading your post back to me is bringing up my vibration. Thank you so much. Much love to you!

I seem to be going from boredom, to content, to hopeful and optimistic, then very quickly I can jump to angry then depressed. This happens very quickly when talking with my husband and especially dealing with my children. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss hopefully medication for ADHD and or depression, or soemthing.

I have been feeling lately like medication is the only way to stabilize my emotions, or to get me back on my inner vibrational track. The only problem is I feel like I am failing myself somehow. I have held on to this belief, especially since learning more about the law of attraction, that I can do this myself. My family has a history of depression, but I really thought I believed it was all in their, and my, control.

Now I'm thinking this nagging in the back of head about having some bi-polar disorder, or something like that, is my inner being telling me to pay attention it and to deal with it so I can move on. I don't even know if the doctor will prescribe me anything, but I really hope so.

I was prescribed a pain killer from a surgery I had, and it honestly feel much more aligned with myself when I take it. I have also taken a medication for ADHD from a friend in the past, that also made me feel very much in the vortex. It sounds so bad, but I really feel like medication is the only way for me to get in the vortex and I need to stop resisting the idea.

well, I was in joy

::downstream

and now I am moving into doubt and worry

::cool

does anyone know how I can get more down stream? do I just pick the emotion just above doubt and try to get to a thought that will generate that feeling and keep going till I get to Joy again?

::LOL

and now I have a tailgaiter called Joy so thinking about the whole thing puts me into depression and sadness...so I am going more and more upstream? help!

I love seeing the EGS in colors. I've made several credit card-sized Emotional Guidance System cards for myself and friends and had them laminated. They're strategically placed at home, at work, in the car, as a reminder of where I am and where I want to be.

I also have notions of being above "the line" the line being between good and bad feelings. Boredom and "better" is above the line, for me. It's easy to launch myself up from there. And I see that that's where the one gets out of the black and gray into colorful hues on David's EGS.

Frangipani
    I would appreciate a second opinion on where 'INTENSE' would sit on the scale? or does it not belong?
    I used to think it ok, and along the same lines as 'passion', but now I am feeling it to have more of an upstream/resistent vibe .. as in too serious, tense, holding on, pushing, perhaps with a tinge of fear? .. not sure? But am leaning toward wanting to feel more easy going/laid back, not so serious re emotions... Does that make sense?
    So what would be the closest emotion to bring relief and head downstream to vortex, you thinK?