Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm angry about my acne

I'm angry about my acne

I have severe adult acne. In my late teens and early twenties it was okay. But in the past 7-8 years it has become bad and has stayed bad. I feel very angry about it today. There is a pimple by my bottom lip that is painful. And a new one developed on my chin. Besides the fact that the rest of my face is also broken out. Without makeup people see how bad it is. It looks like a mix of acne and rosacea. Red, raised, bumpy. Constant state of inflammation and redness. Constantly new pimples appear as other pimples dissapear. It's just really bad.

I'm going to list below some of the thoughts I have had. I wrote this list on a word document. I was just free flowing by writing everything in my head no matter how negative it is. Right now I'm in a "specifically negative" state of mind.
    Here is my list of thoughts:

I feel angry.
    Nobody understands.
    Nobody has acne worse than me (at least among the people I know).
    Being told that celebrities have acne issues too does not help.
    I hate how I look
    I get angry when others try to make me feel better
    I want to feel sorry for myself.
    I am angry.
    I feel like I’m the only one in the world with this problem.
    I feel angry at my friends and family who don’t deal with the type of severe acne I have.
    I get pissed when others complain about 1 little tiny pimple.
    How would they like it if they had my acne? Red, raised, bumpy, inflamed, painful, stubborn acne.
    I hate how I look.
    I feel like I’ll always feel this way. I don’t believe that I can feel better about my appearance.
    I just want to have nice skin.
    I don’t get this Law of Attraction stuff. It’s confusing. It’s overwhelming. I don’t know how to put it into use.
    I hate being in photographs. I look ugly 99.9% of the time.
    And I’m only 31. I should just appreciate my youth but I still can’t despite knowing I should.
    I can’t adequately express in words just how upset I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dat56 View Post
    I don’t get this Law of Attraction stuff. It’s confusing. It’s overwhelming. I don’t know how to put it into use.
    Oh, but you DO know how to use it! You're just using it to manifest what you don't want.

Any skin condition/disease/etc. is an indicator of resistance. The reason you feel so terrible right now is because you're judging yourself in a way that Source would never judge you, and that separation is the gap you're feeling. The longer you continue to feel this way, the more you'll keep manifesting your skin issues. You CAN feel better regardless of what is happening to your skin.

You have to find a way to soften where you are, and slow the momentum down so you can gradually let LOA flow you in the other direction. You don't have to *work* at LOA, all you have to do is stop doing what you're doing because you're holding yourself in this negative vibrational pattern. Soften where you are, stop trying to *fix* anything, and just take a breath. You don't have to figure this all out right now, if fact you can't figure it all out right now where you are vibrationally. But you can make peace with your anger and just allow yourself to be as you are.

Your acne began because of resistance, but now it's staying because you're noticing it and intensely fighting against it. You do have to just 'give up' and find a way to feel a little better about where you are. Is the rest of your body working okay? Do you have arms? Do you have legs? Do you have fun things you like to do? Your job, once you make peace with where you are, is to start focusing on things that make you feel GOOD. It's all about focus...the more you focus on something, the more LOA brings things that are just like it into your experience.

So just make peace with where you are right now. Find something, anything, that feels good to distract you. And then when the momentum isn't so big, you can gradually start focusing on what you do want.

The faster our streams move, the more even the slightest resistance can show up physically. BUT, resistance always shows up EMOTIONALLY first. Only when it is ignored does it move onto revealing itself through the physical body. So pay attention to everything that is going on in your life that you think about...your day to day moment to moment thoughts about EVERYTHING. Don't focus more than 17 seconds on anything that doesn't feel good. Are you pushing against things? Are you complaining? Because that type of chronic resistance will show up physically. It's all a feeling game. When you change how you focus and how you FEEL, your circumstances change.

There was someone who had the same problem as you, but she overcame the issue. Her story was so good that I saved it to my computer.
    Read it, it will probably be super helpful to you.
    There it is:

Hi All!

Some of you may remember me from years ago when I first desperately joined this forum in hopes of using my mind to get rid of my acne. My acne was horrible, painful, deep, red and never stopped coming. I knew deep in my heart that it was so much more than a skin problem, but rather a manifestation of how I felt about myself.

I tried so hard to figure out how to use law of attraction to get rid of it. It took me years of paddling upstream to realize that:

...using the Law of Attraction to your advantage always feels good, refreshing, exhilirating, and revilatlizing.

If it's boring, repetitive, unsatisfying, annoying, makes you feel worse, or does nothing at all, you need to change your approach.

>> You NEVER have to "fix" a problem.

>> You NEVER have to undo anything.

>> You NEVER have to go digging into your past to find out where you went wrong.

All you have to do is let yourself appreciate. Sometimes you have to let yourself appreciate things you haven't let yourself appreciate for a long time. This is my story on acne:

I, like many people started breaking out in Junior High, when I was sexually maturing. I didn't know it then, but it was an important factor in why I broke out. I started growing from a boisterous, creative, outgoing girl, to a shy, introverted, sad person. I felt like something was deeply wrong with me and didn't fit in. I grew into a deep depression for years where I would sit in my room and think of the best way to die without hurting my family or going through too much pain. I started reading books on spirituality to save myself and that's when I came across Abraham-Hicks. I also read Louise Hay's cause of acne which she said was

"Not accepting of the self"

In my case I have found this be true. I didn't know back then whether it felt right or not, but at age 22 I can say that I really didn't accept myself.

I now know that the feeling of disgust for who I was, the lack of belonging, feeling like I had a social disability, and feeling like something was deeply wrong was my feelings about being bisexual. I was equally attracted to men and women and because of the way I grew up I felt it was wrong, gross, deviant, unacceptable, inappropriate and foolish.

Life has a poetic way of manifesting things, for better or for worse. But in the way that I felt I had to hide/control my feelings for women, cringing every time I accidentally flirted with a girl, or felt attracted, or looked to longingly into another girl's eyes, can be likened to my acne. I invested SO much energy into hiding both my acne and bisexuality and every time either of them showed I felt so embarrassed and ashamed. I strictly controlled my social interactions and I strictly controlled my makeup, making sure to never leave the house without it securely in my purse. Life was a constant effort to create a mask, whether a social mask or makeup mask, to project the appropriate image into the world. I was sooooo tired of both.

I asked myself as Abraham has asked "what do you want that you think you can't have till you get your manifestation?"

I imagined this sexy, confident woman, not afraid to look into people's eyes, totally carefree and projecting her full personality to everyone without a second thought. Walking up to anyone she pleased with sexuality oozing from her with every step. I wanted that! So bad!!

I just had a few problems...

....I didn't know why I felt I couldn't be that girl.
    ....I didn't know how to become that girl and achieve her vibration.
    ....I didn't even admit to myself I was bisexual.

So I did what Abraham says to do, which was APPRECIATE.
    It was hard to let myself do it, because in this world you don't always learn that appreciation gets you anywhere. Sure, it's a nice thing to do, but it's not how you achieve things. WRONG. It's the only way to achieve. Which is what I learned.

I thought this girl I want to be, she is.... socially confident.

I asked myself... "Is there anytime I feel socially confident?"

...... "well there was that one time after class when I had coffee with Tim"

This girl loves talking to people

I asked myself .... "have I ever liked talking to people?"

...... "well that time I talked with Liz was pretty fun"

I pulled all the characteristics of this girl and I did rampages of appreciation in my mind while listening to meditation music. I knew something was happening because if felt good. I felt tingles in my neck and it felt like muscles that had been tense for years, tingled and loosened. My face would get really warm and my skin felt soothed, and during my meditation sessions, inflammation in my skin would immediately go down. I was surprised I was even trusting in the process, it felt counter-intuitive to what I had always been taught, because I was totally forgetting/ignoring the problem, not caring that it was there, and just focused on what felt right.

Well I did these meditation sessions for a while. Each time I felt like I had grown as a person and I felt appreciative that I had let myself have this time to evolve. It was never a forced gratefulness, it was a true, relieved, thankfulness to myself.

One day I came to a turning point. During my meditation session I had a vision of my spirit in the form of a cheeky, playful, sensual mermaid. She flirted with everyone around her.

I had a few more sessions where she came up when I finally realized she flirted with men and women. Anyone around her. When anyone swam by, she flirted. I liked her. I related to her.

And at that point I finally got it. I am bisexual.
    It was an epic realization and I immediately knew the cause of my acne.
    I had zero doubt.
    It was explained.

My acne had already begun clearing up during these meditation sessions, but at this point it cleared 98%. The relief was obvious in my emotional state and my skin.

It's funny because a few years ago, a girl I know from high school had moved to Toronto at which point she declared on her facebook she is a lesbian. She went from having horrible cyctic acne, to gorgeous skin. I am not saying acne is always about sexuality, but I do think it's about not accepting yourself. And I think it can often have to do with sexuality, as skin and sexuality obviously tie together a lot.

Haha, sometimes this appreciation thing doesn't really make intellectual sense. A vision of a mermaid explained my acne to me. But it is what appreciation does. It brings you into the vortex and all is explained.

Now whenever I feel my skin getting even just a bit sensitive, I think of this:

Louise Hay said acne is caused by NOT ACCEPTING YOURSELF.

So I turn that around into the appreciative form.

What do I accept about my bisexuality??

"I accept that bisexuality is a deep part of me that I chose before I was born"
    "I accept that my bisexuality was meant to bring me onto my own special journey"
    "I accept that bisexuality is beautiful"

And I cannot express the effect these statements have on my skin. It's glowing, it's dewey, it's beautiful. Years ago I couldn't have even imagined this. I forever have the tools to manifest beautiful skin and the journey to finding them was so worth it!!

Banned
    "I get angry when others try to make me feel better" okay i wont! I promise. But you have acne because you are angry (or have similar *inflamed* Volatile feelings), not the other way around. Whatever you are thinking that makes you flare emotionally--cut that out and watch for a new you. IOW change your thoughts to better feeling thoughts.

I know simple and not easy. But so worth it to try.

You have a great physical indicator to thoughts that cause emotions you are okay feeling even thought they feel awful. Change that. You are lucky to have an indicator that is more subtle than say for example, ovarian cancer.
    Last edited by Evey; 05-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.

dat, I can feel your rage from here and you have every right to be angry (and you don't need me to tell you that, I know). I hope you've felt some relief from the excellent responses you've attracted above. When I saw this response from HitC in another thread, I thought of you (especially with regard to the anger component of your post):

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    A final toss-in: One of my favorite examples of working from a tough emotional place to a better place is the "She hates to pay those taxes" segment from the Master Course (audio can be searched on YouTube). Because things change - including your behavior, including opportunities that come to you - based on how you are FEELING and not on what you are doing. This woman had a tax debt that was racking up penalty fees, but even when she had the money to pay it down, she "couldn't." I totally have been there, know how that feels. Shifted my vibe, THEN had the inspiration and funds to pay off debts. She has to FEEL BETTER before she is on the vibrational "floor" or "level" that allows her, physically, to even write that check! To have access to that option, because that option is on another vibrational plane from her guilt and shame! Even if she is intellectually aware of it. It's the 680 AM/97.8 FM thing. She knows what needs to be done, but she is incapable of doing it when she is feeling how she is feeling.*

And it's just about reaching for that relief and practicing that new place.

Let's say you're overdrawn. You get a call from your bank. You kinda knew you were probably overdrawn, but you didn't want to look at your account online, because it would just make you feel worse. So now that bank guy called you to ask what's up. You break into cold sweats, you babble, you lie a bit. And when you hang up the phone, you're in a mixture of panic/guilt/shame and rage/blame as you deal with this wave of emotion that's been simmering all this time you've been avoiding looking at your account.

And then you start the work. Acknowledge the fear. Let yourself be HONEST about how you feel. Because that is your true starting point. Then you can, say, let yourself move into calling the bank guy a f****** ass****, banks are just buildings filled with 9-to-5 crooks, "if that SOB that laid me off last February had had his head on straight, I wouldn't be in this position", and then, perhaps, being enraged with the person who owes you 50 bucks and hasn't paid you back. Get aaaaaaaaaallllllll that stuff out, because that's you getting some power back. And when you've done that, and you can feel that "roaring relief" that comes with being angry when you've been in fear, you chill a bit and you start applying a process, a ladder, a feel-somewhat-better technique....one of my favorites is "well, at least...":

Well, at least the guy called me, instead of freezing my account and bouncing everything. I guess he's open to talking, or giving me a head's up, at least.
    At least I HAVE a bank account. In fact, I have two, now that I think about it. And at least they did actually have money in them most of this year.
    At least I had enough work this year that that bank dude will probably believe me when I say that I'll have more money coming in soon, and might cut me some slack....
    At least I have 50 bucks to my name, even if someone else is holding them at the moment.
    At least I got some food in the fridge and gas in the car that will hold me for a bit.

Now, these might seem like sucky options when you've spent so much mental time in millionaire-land, but THIS IS THE WORK. You have to put your boat in the water where you are NOW, and feel a bit better FROM THERE. You are where you are, and it's OK. And it's gotta be OK because you don't have a choice, because you are where you are. And it's OK.
    I hope you not only continue to reach for relief but Allow it as well.

I suffered from acne when I was 17-18. I hated it and it just got worse. I had times where I'd just cry and get angry. I was fed up of trying everything and not seeing results. Then I decided to ignore it. I kept drinking lots of water, didn't stare at my face in the mirror looking for spots to pop (that just made them worse and scarred my face) and just stuck to a face cleaning regime with neutrogena. I moisturised my face with a cotton pad and not my hands. I told myself it will clear up and is a phase and stopped talking about it. A few weeks later it improved and everyone started noticing the improvement.

Have you been to the doctor?

Creyk, I also thought of Louise Hay - "Not enough self-love." I think there is some truth to it. One things I've been noticing is that today's teenagers don't seem to have acne problems as severe as earlier generations used to have: Have you all noticed it too? I wonder whether this might have to do with the fact that the new generation is more "enlightened," so to speak.

alexis239
    acne is caused from lack of joy and self love. i used to break out a little too but once i started meditating and going out more it cleared up like magic. it's hard to love yourself when you see zits,but you have to love yourself on the inside first with your mind's eye then it will manifest on the outside with clearer skin. Beauty comes from being a good person,health,loving yourself,and confidence. Try that,and your looks can transform. Happy and good hearted people often are attractive.

alexis239
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    "I get angry when others try to make me feel better" okay i wont! I promise. But you have acne because you are angry (or have similar *inflamed* Volatile feelings), not the other way around. Whatever you are thinking that makes you flare emotionally--cut that out and watch for a new you. IOW change your thoughts to better feeling thoughts.

I know simple and not easy. But so worth it to try.

You have a great physical indicator to thoughts that cause emotions you are okay feeling even thought they feel awful. Change that. You are lucky to have an indicator that is more subtle than say for example, ovarian cancer.

This,too. Before i started meditating,i had much more anger issues. and,nowadays when anger does flare up once in awhile,sure enough,it is not good for my skin. anger is very bad for skin. laughter is good for skin. i try to not take life seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by alexis239 View Post
    acne is caused from lack of joy and self love. i used to break out a little too but once i started meditating and going out more it cleared up like magic. it's hard to love yourself when you see zits,but you have to love yourself on the inside first with your mind's eye then it will manifest on the outside with clearer skin. Beauty comes from being a good person,health,loving yourself,and confidence. Try that,and your looks can transform. Happy and good hearted people often are attractive.
    Agreed, I was at an unhappy place in my life whilst I had acne both were a cause and effect