Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive Job movies to put in vortex

Positive Job movies to put in vortex

Hi all,

As you know I'm one of the many here attracting a job. I'm on my path to working out a career, which requires extra study.In the meantime, I'm just like all the others wanting a feel good job. ( a day job) This is one thing that's really sticking for me, been the most difficult to shift.

Do you remember what Esther said about playing the angry birds game? It was funny how things were flung at her!

I want to watch very focused movies, or even cartoons/anime where the main character loves their job, work is depicted in a great way.
    People have fun at work.
    I have heard of some anime that depict that, and also some sit-coms where work is a place of fun and friendship.
    Hopefully something I can easily find to rent or isn't too expensive.

I want to watch this stuff all the time, as while working up the EGS I'm feeling really flat, esp. on that topic and dip into worry when I go there.
    I want to brainwash myself into an exciting feel good vision, so instead of wandering around looking for work or emailing resumes.
    I walk outside with purpose and am lead straight to this feel-good job! :-)

That is exciting to me.

Alatáriël
    Ally McBeal! That looks like a fun place to work!

Wow 51 views and only one person could think of something!

I was searching this and there were a lot of negative movies about work. It seems I asked a difficult question because of the society beliefs on work are mostly negative.
    This might even be a cultural belief as human beings that work is not fun.

It's more of a challenge than I first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Chansey View Post
    Wow 51 views and only one person could think of something!

I was searching this and there were a lot of negative movies about work. It seems I asked a difficult question because of the society beliefs on work are mostly negative.
    This might even be a cultural belief as human beings that work is not fun.

It's more of a challenge than I first thought.
    Romantic comedies thrive on contrast but usually end happy.
    Happy movies about work? Not too many out there.
    'Horrible Bosses', 'Office Space' and the list goes on of unhappy jobs but funny situations.

I'm sure there are some happy movie stories out there.
    Keep on looking.

There's probably a lot of people not in movies who love their jobs.
    Teaching children, healing work, top chefs etc.

Make your own movie in your head, write it all out. Visualize it.
    What is your passion? And then go down that road.

Well I'm the creative type, and you'd think that would be easy...but when I try to do that I get very down lately and can't even muster the energy to create my own vision.

I can't focus on my own creation while feeling bad, as that will just create more unemployment and confusion.

So I'd have more fun being inspired by other ideas, or just watching/reading others creations for now. That's a step up for me.
    And a lot less boring.

As for the jobs you suggested I'm very aware of those. i have some things I am passionate about that require study, as I said in my original post.

In the meantime I just need any job to pay my bills that won't stress me out while I aim for my dream job that I need to study for. I'm not expecting a career here, just want to capture that feeling.
    Like quirky co-workers, a nice location, funny customers, fun days.... stuff like that. The meaningful job will come later after my studies.

Quote Originally Posted by sedonawoman View Post
    Romantic comedies thrive on contrast but usually end happy.
    Happy movies about work? Not too many out there.
    'Horrible Bosses', 'Office Space' and the list goes on of unhappy jobs but funny situations.

I'm sure there are some happy movie stories out there.
    Keep on looking.

There's probably a lot of people not in movies who love their jobs.
    Teaching children, healing work, top chefs etc.

Make your own movie in your head, write it all out. Visualize it.
    What is your passion? And then go down that road.

Hi Chansey,

IMO there is only one "job movie" worth watching 24/7 (although it's no movie to be exact) and that is Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford University - (you'll find it on YouTube called "Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address (with intro by President John Hennessy)" uploaded by Stanford.

As for "real" movies it depends on what kind of job you're looking for or what kind of beliefs you want to bridge ... there's for example,

"What Women Want" with Mel Gibson, a gorgeous (and very funny) movie about the advertising business. The setting is quite authentic and Boy do they have fun at work :-)

"Erin Brockovich" with Julia Roberts. a David-vs-Goliath lawsuit story where Erin makes it from being broke to millionaire. It's not the funny kind of movie rather than a think-about-it .. :-) I find it very helpful to strenghten belief in your own abilities and such.

"Never Been Kissed" with Drew Barrymore, great love story about a woman who wants to be a writer and gets her first chance as an undercover reporter for her newspaper (very funny and lots!!!! of inner blocks for her to overcome until her first story gets published)

"Working Girl" with Harrison Ford, a modern fairy tale in the financial business world. From Secretary to Manager. Romance included :-) I loved it.

"The Devil Wears Prada" with Meryl Steep. They don't have so much fun at work I guess, but it's worth watching anyway if you like the glamourous world of fashion and/or are interested in the production of glossy magazines

ALF. There's a lot of funny job-related sequels, the one I like best is "Keeping the Faith". Alf is successfully running his own beauty business selling make up and stuff at a house party.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly-Wood View Post
    Hi Chansey,

IMO there is only one "job movie" worth watching 24/7 (although it's no movie to be exact) and that is Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford University - (you'll find it on YouTube called "Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address (with intro by President John Hennessy)" uploaded by Stanford.

As for "real" movies it depends on what kind of job you're looking for or what kind of beliefs you want to bridge ... there's for example,

"What Women Want" with Mel Gibson, a gorgeous (and very funny) movie about the advertising business. The setting is quite authentic and Boy do they have fun at work :-)

"Erin Brockovich" with Julia Roberts. a David-vs-Goliath lawsuit story where Erin makes it from being broke to millionaire. It's not the funny kind of movie rather than a think-about-it .. :-) I find it very helpful to strenghten belief in your own abilities and such.

"Never Been Kissed" with Drew Barrymore, great love story about a woman who wants to be a writer and gets her first chance as an undercover reporter for her newspaper (very funny and lots!!!! of inner blocks for her to overcome until her first story gets published)

"Working Girl" with Harrison Ford, a modern fairy tale in the financial business world. From Secretary to Manager. Romance included :-) I loved it.

"The Devil Wears Prada" with Meryl Steep. They don't have so much fun at work I guess, but it's worth watching anyway if you like the glamourous world of fashion and/or are interested in the production of glossy magazines

ALF. There's a lot of funny job-related sequels, the one I like best is "Keeping the Faith". Alf is successfully running his own beauty business selling make up and stuff at a house party.

Enjoy!
    KInd of interesting that woman in those movies are put down or discriminated against in some funny way before they can be a success. hhhmmmm. I guess that's another discussion.

Chansey, maybe you should just get off the topic of job's for a bit.
    Even a day or a week. Go out and have some fun whatever that is to you?
    Relax. Revisit the job topic when you're feeling a bit less stressed.
    Go general and distract, and have fun would be my advice.

I'm more looking at entry level jobs. Hopefully not in a cube. I'm not talking about a meaningful career...that's a different project I have under control.
    It involves study, and expanding what i really want. I can figure that out myself.

This is about being broke and needing a job right this hot minute, and not finding one, and taking that opportunity to manifest a fun one.
    It's not coming to me because the universe wants me to be happy, not stressed. So I just have to get that clear, and it will just show up, and I will get it easily.
    I truly believe that.

These fun movies/shows are just to help align with that. To speed it up.

Also so I don't get tempted like in past when chips are down just to take anything at the expense of making myself so very unhappy and sick.
    (out of panic about money and the need to just do anything)

P.S. thank you for the suggestions. I've seen most, but will check the ones I have not seen out.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly-Wood View Post
    Hi Chansey,

Enjoy!

KInd of interesting that woman in those movies are put down or discriminated against in some funny way before they can be a success. hhhmmmm. I guess that's another discussion.
    Sure. A life without contrast would be very boring. Same goes for movies

POE said that to me before..It didn't really help long term, as I'm chewing through money just eating, and every day I have fun and go out...I end up spending money.
    The other day I went to look for work, and money is running out... I just did what made me happy, as I'm a bit like that naturally... bought nice food, and a gift for a friend... then realized I am really chewing up my savings and the more I spend, the more desperate my situation will be and I'll have backed myself into a corner and choose a bad feeling job just to get money.

So best I get back on focus as I really slacked off and just been playing around or sick...so I should really look for work before I go completely broke.

I've been in a bit of denial, as it was so much more fun just to walk around like some massively rich person that doesn't work by choice.

But it's like the cookies and beer post..... the cookies/comfort food IS relief...because it tastes good in that moment...but long term people have the belief it will make them fat, then later it's a bad choice as fat feels bad.

So I feel real happy in the moment when I slack off, spend money, walk in the sun...but later there's the fact that I feel bad about spending when not earning as it's not financially responsible, and I don't have the time to goof off.

Chansey, maybe you should just get off the topic of job's for a bit.
    Even a day or a week. Go out and have some fun whatever that is to you?
    Relax. Revisit the job topic when you're feeling a bit less stressed.
    Go general and distract, and have fun would be my advice.