Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What IS resistance?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    No matter how "right" you feel in your disconnection...

So, in your moment of fear, or in your moment of hate, even though there are circumstances where everyone would agree that you are utterly justified in your temporary disconnecting from who you really are,

there is no value, and nothing good has ever come from that feeling.

Abe

The floating Cork- Analogy:
    It's NORMAL that you feel good!

The analogy that we offered you about the cork floating, or about you holding it under the water, is the most poignant, practical vision that we could give you. Because it speaks more clearly than anything we have offered to help you to understand, that

-it is natural for you to soar.
    -It is natural for you to find success.
    -It is natural for you to feel joy.
    -It is natural for you to feel passion.
    -It is natural for you to live success.

It is unnatural for you to feel discomfort!
    It is unnatural for you to feel guilt.
    It is unnatural for you to feel fear.
    It is unnatural for you to feel failure.
    It is unnatural for you to feel not worthy!

So what we want you to do over the next few days, if it is your wanting to connect with who you really are, we want you to be aware of the negative emotion that you hold, because the negative emotion that you hold is giving you the keys to understanding how you are keeping yourself from the Well-being that is natural.

And rather than recoiling at negative emotion, we want you to praise your sensitivity to it. We want you to feel exhilaration when you acknowledge negative emotion.

We want you to say, "Ah, this is so good: I feel so bad. -Because in my awareness of how I am feeling, my Guidance System is alive and well! In this awareness of negative emotion, I can feel that right now I'm holding something in my attention that is causing me to offer a vibrational signal that is apart from who I am. And as long as I do that I am separated from who I am, from the clarity, from the wellness, from the knowing, from the being of who I am."

-Abe

You're so enamored with your physicality!

You're so enamored with your physicality!
    You say,
    "Abraham, I can see and I can smell. I can taste and I can feel, I can touch! I'm tactile. Look around me! HERE is my world!"

And we say, You're only looking at a small part of your world.
    You're looking at the so-far manifested part of your world!

You are looking at the world YOU have allowed to become, based on the vibration that you chronically hold to, based on your beliefs. -
    But your physical manifested world COULD match this vortex of creation that you've been adding to all day every day!

You could be standing in this physical body, you could be a worthy feeling being. You could feel secure. You could be mobile. You could be flexible. You could be incredibly prosperous. You can be the creator of your own reality.

You just have to understand the two vibrational realities that are going on, and you've got to make them match.

-Abe 6/11/09

Brilliant downspiral

HS:
    (I) know, there is no bottom, how deep things can go. It can get worse and worse and worse and worse...

Abe:
    Yah, that's what happens with brilliant people. Brilliant people remember all the details!

from the clip
    Abraham & Esther Hicks  How to raise vibration when quarreling with lover

Awaken from negativity! Set your OWN tone!
    (What all negative emotions mean)

Fear is the feeling sensation that is present within you, when you have both
    -a desire,
    -and a belief that contradicts it.

Fear is a response to the state of your vibration. You are a vibrational being, and every moment offering a signal. Your vibration could be called thought, it could be called memory, it could be called fantasy, it could be called imagination, it could be called Energy. In other words, your vibration could be called, "I stand in my now, and I think about the present, or I think about the future, or I think about the past.?

-All of that is thought. -Whatever it is I'm perceiving, is causing me to offer a vibration, and that vibration is being answered or matched by All-That-Is.

So when I feel fear, what it always means is, I am offering a thought that you might call desire and a thought that you might call belief that are contradictory. The presence of fear always means the presence of resistance. The presence of resistance always means not allowing the Energy of desire to flow through me- always, without exception. Same with confusion; same with vulnerability; same with anger; same with unworthiness; same with guilt.

All negative emotions mean the same thing.

You just call them different things, because they play out differently in your experience- but they all mean the same thing.

The vibration of fear is usually a very strong vibration, which usually means, there is the presence of a very strong desire within you. Often, when you feel fear, it is because you have a belief that contradicts basic elements that are natural to you. Your natural instinct, from your broadest Nonphysical perspective, is to know your power.

Fear is a vibration when you feel powerless. Your natural instinctual Nonphysical vibration is to know your worthiness, know your rightness, know your value.
    And the feeling of fear is always when you are contradicting that thought.

We would want you to say, "Quite a bit of the time I feel fearful or vulnerable or limited, and what that feeling means is: I'm in that moment holding a desire that contradicts my past thought, or my beliefs."

Remember that a belief is just a thought you keep thinking, it's just a habit of thought. It's just sort of the way you've always thought it, and so it is the way you are now thinking it.

And so, as you are feeling fear, all it means is, "I've got a desire that my belief is not agreeing with. Now, what thought feels better about this? I've got hold of this stick, where my desire is here, my belief is here. What thought feels better?"

-And as you just softly talk to yourself about that subject, reaching for the thought that feels better, what happens is: you shift the Energy.

It's like the teeter-totter on the fulcrum, and it's clearly down here, and you would like it to be up here.

And so, you reach for the thought that feels better, and you reach for the thought that feels better, and you reach for the thought that feels better- and it doesn't look like anything's happening. And then, all of a sudden, one more time, you reach for the thought that feels better, and there it goes!

The fear is gone without even knowing it, just by reaching for the thought that feels better.

There is so much reward in just feeling better in your "now". Because, so often, you're wanting to reach for the thought that feels better because, "Whoop-de-doo, this is big time good fun!"

In other words, "I want to get there! I would like every effort to take me there. I would like every thought that I think, and every time I go to a workshop, and every time I make a little bit of effort, I would like it to take me there!"

And it's irritating that it doesn't take you there, to that manifestation.
    We want you to not get so hung up on the manifestation, and start taking pleasure, in the incremental relief.
    Pleasure, in the fact that this feels a little better.
    Pleasure in the fact that you can actually, with your own will power and your own determination, choose a thought that feels better.

We offer an analogy, about the cork bobbing on the body of water. It's up here floating, floating, floating. And in our analogy this cork is bobbing in the place of Pure Positive Energy. When you take hold of the cork and hold it under the water, that's what negative emotion is:

You're not allowing the natural quality of the cork, you're doing something that does not allow the cork to do what it usually would do. You're holding it in an unnatural place with your attention to this thought of something that you do not want.

But when you withdraw your attention from it, and you let go of the cork, it bobs right back up there! It is natural for you to be in this pure positive place. It is unnatural for you not to feel good. But what happens in your physical environment where you've been trained by other humans who didn't feel so good either, is that you've come to accept the way you feel as being the natural way that you feel.

And now, through meditation, or through consciously reaching for the better feeling, you set higher standards. Until then it becomes consciously uncomfortable for you to dip into the lower Energies. You will never be at a place where you won't feel negative emotion. Nor would we ever want you to be at that place, because that would be like shooting Novocaine into your fingers so that you don't feel anything hot or sharp.

You say, "Well, it sure is a lot better now that I can bang my hands on things. You know, I can shut my hands in car doors, and it doesn't even bother me any more. I feel no pain." But it's not good for your fingers! Pretty soon you have flat, little flabby hands flapping around. You've destroyed your hands, even though it was painless.
    And so,

that's what that fear is:
    -It's sort of an acquiescence.
    -It's submission to a vibration that's not natural to who you really are.

And you're awakening now to those higher standards!

Take mood checks and ask yourself, what is my mood? Well, I'm feeling fearful. And then ask yourself, well overall, do I have reason to fear? And as you reach for the more general statement, you recognize, you don't have anything to be fearful about.

We think what you're doing is sort of very specifically, channeling the worries of a larger mass consciousness.

You are susceptible to Energy. And so, for example, if you were living in a retirement community where there were many people who were feeling vulnerable about their money, or feeling worried about what their future would provide, and you are sensitive to Energy, you could very well be picking up on the consensus of the group around you, even though it has nothing to do with who you are.

But you must have a little spattering of that within you, or you could not be finding harmony with that greater consensus.

Every thought that has ever been thought exists. And then, by Law of Attraction, those thoughts coalesce, so that there are pockets of Thought Forms. And so, very often, just driving from city to city, if you are sensitive to vibration, you can feel different Energies in different cities. Well, what we are wanting you to do is:

Get so good at setting your own Tone that it doesn't matter what the fluctuations of Energies are around you: you are always holding a steady course!

-2/12/00

"Face Reality"?
    The solution CAN NOT come when you look at the problem!

The Universe will always give you what you have asked for. The question is, how soon will you allow it? How many things will you use as your excuse to have RESISTANCE, that does not allow it? -That is the only question.

How long am I going to hang on to these habits of thought, that don't let it in?

And the good news is, if ever you are not letting it in, you've got a signal that's telling you: That's what negative emotion is.

Negative emotion means, I'm right now vibrating in a place where I can't let it in.

It is not more difficult to create a castle than a button. Most of you have more buttons than castles, however, because they're easier to expect. The statement that we like to make that's very powerful is: when you are looking at the problem you're resistant to the solution- because when you're looking at the problem, you're vibrating there.

So the Energy of solution cannot come to you.
    It wants to, because within you there is the desire, but it cannot come to you because your vibration of RESISTANCE is there- because of your attention to the problem. Sometimes people say, "Well, Abraham, shouldn't I face reality?" -We say, no, never do that.

Never face reality unless it is perfect in every way.

-Abe

Allowing or Resistance towards your Desires

Remember, each emotion indicates how much Energy you are summoning, because of your desire.

And how much of that summoned Energy you are allowing, because of the predominant thoughts and beliefs that you currently hold- relative to that desire.
    If you are feeling strong emotion, whether positive or negative, that means, your desire is POWERFULLY FOCUSED. And you are summoning a GREAT DEAL OF SOURCE ENERGY TOWARD YOUR DESIRE.

When your strong emotions feel bad, like depression, fear or anger, that means you are offering resistance to your desire.

When your strong emotions feel good - like passion, enthusiasm, expectation, or love - that means you are offering no resistance to your desire.
    So, the Source Energy you have summoned through your desire is not being challenged vibrationally - by you. And you are currently allowing the unfolding of your desire!

So it seems obvious that the perfect creative situation is to really, really want something that you truly BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE. And when that COMBINATION OF DESIRE AND BELIEF IS PRESENT WITHIN YOU, things will quickly and easily unfold in your experience.

But when you want something that you do not believe is possible; when you hold a desire for something that you do not expect - although a strong enough desire can override a weaker belief- it does not unfold easily. For you are not letting it into your current experience.

Abrahams book "Ask and It Is Given" p. 106

Tell the new wanted story, to speed things up!

You have established these emotional set points where you have been observing what-is, and what-is changes SO slowly.

To really get what's over here in your Vibrational Escrow, to get the abundance that is there, millions and millions of dollars, already gathered for you...
    To get the things you want, the clarity, the life experiences, the fulfillment, the sense of who you are...

...it is such a short vibrational distance from where you are!

But you've got to start telling the story of your life in new terms. You cannot continue to explain what is, and move to a whole new place. As you explain what is, you hold yourself apart from what has become on all of those subjects.

-Abe 7/12/08

In finding joy and fun, you are pleasing God

Life is supposed to be fun, you know! This isn't supposed to be work.

It's not something that you're supposed to do, or something that needs to be done, or something that will not get done if you don't do it.

This is your creative arena where you are supposed to find things that please you! And in doing so, you please that which you regard as God.

-Abe 3/2/02

Choose Ease!

You don't need to torture yourselves like you tend to do, as you're sifting through the data! Because you've already sifted through enough data to know what you want. Now line up with it! And let the Universe give it to you EASILY.

WHY do you make it so hard for the Universe to give it to you, that you have to DIE to get it, you see?

It should be easier. It should be A LOT easier. It should be easier for ALL of you. You should be having fun. NOW. In every moment you should be either interested, eager, or feeling fun.

In other words, that is the way life is supposed to be for you, with brief little spurts of contrast to help you keep moving forward. But this beating the drum of what's wrong is way out of hand.

-Abe 10/26/07