Page 226 of 269 FirstFirst ... 126176216221222223224225226227228229230231236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2686

Thread: Pingan’s practice

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    It's tangible that this is the real deal. You've been very deliberately practicing the Teachings and doing other "emotional clean-up" and here you are, in a new vibrational place, which your manifested reality will continue to reflect (and it just feeeeeeeels so much better to feel good....). And isn't it cool how it feels new and yet normal at the same time? Your New Normal.
    A word from experience: Know that, as you get used to this new "vibrational temperature" you're in, dropping back to the "old temperature" (due to some old trigger or forgotten episode that pops into your life or mind) will probably feel that much worse by sheer dint of the contrast. What's more, you will probably subconsciously beat yourself up about "slipping in your work" on top of that, which makes it feel even worse.
    So I'm just telling you now that, if/when you have a moment of feeling "bad" in this new phase, remember that it will be what used to feel normal for you, but you've moved up the scale a great deal, so the "drop" when you hit a "muddy pocket" may well feel more dramatic and icky.
    Just make a note to yourself somewhere, while you're in alignment, to remember the different "height" you're at these days, and to not let any unexpected awfulness define how you're doing. All you need do when that happens is do some clean-up using the EGS and whatever Abe techniques work well for you (or try a new one, there are dozens of Abe processes, so much variety!) and, soon enough, your cork will float back up to your new happier place.
    It's so great to feel you feeling so much better, having a personal understanding myself of where you've been. Though it wouldn't feel so good now if it hadn't felt so crappy before.
    I was thinking “oh but I’m not where you are yet, HitC, I haven’t advanced that far...” and then as I reread my own post about improving the unit where I live, I remembered your past posts about buying your own furniture for where you live, and improving some aspects of it and appreciating it!

This idea of “it wouldn't feel so good now if it hadn't felt so crappy before” is a new step for me.

This conversation has given me an opportunity to shift this resistance right now, and come into a new and clearer and fresher appreciation of life and reality. I can feel that there’s a satisfying and aligned interpretation of these words waiting for me to enjoy. There’s a higher perspective I can appreciate.

(After some offline work) Ok I can appreciate the contrast I have lived, and that doesn’t mean condoning or normalising people’s choices or behaviour. In fact it’s the opposite. It’s precisely because their choices and behaviour were awful that I got to experience such powerful contrast.

And yes, it does feel good to let go and rise up and align with my powerful desires after having experienced such strong contrast.

I don’t think I’m quite ready to fully appreciate the contrast I chose, but I feel that appreciation as a real place for me to stand, a little further down the road.

Ah, and I don’t really need to fully look back to appreciate. My appreciation can all be looking forward to my desires and the magnitude of expansion I’m allowing myself to receive bit by bit at the most satisfying pace.

Ok I think I’m about done with that subject.
    Thank you HitC for your beautiful message!

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Take a moment, take a breath, and see how your mind reached a conclusion on its own that wasn't necessarily proposed. "It wouldn't feel so good now if it hadn't felt so crappy before" was NOT an admonishment for you to "appreciate" your past or those who exercised their abuse. It was a comment like "sugar tastes so much sweeter after you've had a spoonful of lemon juice" - which is NOT asking you to love and thank the lemon for its existence, it's simply commenting on the chemical differences between the two substances and how your taste buds respond to them.

I was merely talking about the vibrational temperature difference between the past and now. This is important to remember, because your "good feeling" will start to become really normal, and you may forget that you felt really bad at one time. Being conscious of the natural human tendency to adjust to a room's temperature can help "refresh" your appreciation for the comfort of feeling good. It was soooooo warm and soothing and such a relief when you walked in from the cold, shivering, but soon enough that 72-degree room is just going to feel normal, you'll take off your coat, your shoes, and stop thinking about how great it feels and just get on with your day.

It's a form of hedonic adaptation, you see. Just like with income. You can feel just as happy or bad earning many times what you used to. You just adapt, and it all stabilizes into another form of normal. We always think we'll be in hand-flapping, shrieking happiness once we're in the new place, but that's not really how it works. We get used to it, it becomes the New Normal, and then we move to further expansion - that's the whole Plan. Not as much TV-like drama, doesn't make for a great how-I-overcame-the-odds book, but gee, it's nice just to have a nice life (and your physical body prefers that mode, too, and will manifest it in health).

So you can go on feeling however you feel about your rascals (I actually still have split feelings about one of them - strong unconditional love for the croaked version, and flashes of anger or head-shaking embarassment at the memory version), and you'll eventually find ways to feel BETTER about them, but I'm not telling you to raise your hand and bless your Judas for "all he has done in your life, to help you be where you are." That's a pretty high standard, and not one to push yourself to! I've gotten there with a few key rascals in my life, usually exes, but this family circle is kind of a different animal, a trickier web to unweave.

So I'm just pointing out that ONE of the reasons it feels so good now is because you were in quite an unhappy place for a long time, under the smog, and now you're standing in the sun and cleaner air. It feels good. But you don't have to go back and kiss the smog. In any case, your Inner Being CHOSE a planet with lots of smog potential, because it generates expansion much more than a cushy, easy life does. And keeping/catching up with that expansion is the thrill of life, and landing in it is the joy. And then we find another way to do the same thing, just with different contrast, not always as ugly.

Just have the mental awareness that part of what you feel in feeling good is the CONTRAST shift, from misalignment to alignment (and all the manifestational versions of that on all sides). Ahhhhhhhhh, it's such a relief to feel good, AND it just....feels good, with or without the relief on top of it!

Can you see/feel the difference in interpretation?

Cut yourself some slack, dude. You've traveled thousands upon thousands of vibrational miles in a very short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Take a moment, take a breath, and see how your mind reached a conclusion on its own that wasn't necessarily proposed. "It wouldn't feel so good now if it hadn't felt so crappy before" was NOT an admonishment for you to "appreciate" your past or those who exercised their abuse. It was a comment like "sugar tastes so much sweeter after you've had a spoonful of lemon juice" - which is NOT asking you to love and thank the lemon for its existence, it's simply commenting on the chemical differences between the two substances and how your taste buds respond to them.

I was merely talking about the vibrational temperature difference between the past and now. This is important to remember, because your "good feeling" will start to become really normal, and you may forget that you felt really bad at one time. Being conscious of the natural human tendency to adjust to a room's temperature can help "refresh" your appreciation for the comfort of feeling good. It was soooooo warm and soothing and such a relief when you walked in from the cold, shivering, but soon enough that 72-degree room is just going to feel normal, you'll take off your coat, your shoes, and stop thinking about how great it feels and just get on with your day.

It's a form of hedonic adaptation, you see. Just like with income. You can feel just as happy or bad earning many times what you used to. You just adapt, and it all stabilizes into another form of normal. We always think we'll be in hand-flapping, shrieking happiness once we're in the new place, but that's not really how it works. We get used to it, it becomes the New Normal, and then we move to further expansion - that's the whole Plan. Not as much TV-like drama, doesn't make for a great how-I-overcame-the-odds book, but gee, it's nice just to have a nice life (and your physical body prefers that mode, too, and will manifest it in health).

So you can go on feeling however you feel about your rascals (I actually still have split feelings about one of them - strong unconditional love for the croaked version, and flashes of anger or head-shaking embarassment at the memory version), and you'll eventually find ways to feel BETTER about them, but I'm not telling you to raise your hand and bless your Judas for "all he has done in your life, to help you be where you are." That's a pretty high standard, and not one to push yourself to! I've gotten there with a few key rascals in my life, usually exes, but this family circle is kind of a different animal, a trickier web to unweave.

So I'm just pointing out that ONE of the reasons it feels so good now is because you were in quite an unhappy place for a long time, under the smog, and now you're standing in the sun and cleaner air. It feels good. But you don't have to go back and kiss the smog. In any case, your Inner Being CHOSE a planet with lots of smog potential, because it generates expansion much more than a cushy, easy life does. And keeping/catching up with that expansion is the thrill of life, and landing in it is the joy. And then we find another way to do the same thing, just with different contrast, not always as ugly.

Just have the mental awareness that part of what you feel in feeling good is the CONTRAST shift, from misalignment to alignment (and all the manifestational versions of that on all sides). Ahhhhhhhhh, it's such a relief to feel good, AND it just....feels good, with or without the relief on top of it!

Can you see/feel the difference in interpretation?

Cut yourself some slack, dude. You've traveled thousands upon thousands of vibrational miles in a very short time.
    Exactly. I’ve figured out that an emotional flashback is just a thought with very strong momentum; so when I read your words it triggered this negative thought of others telling me to “be thankful for what you’ve got!” even as they neglected/abused me.

I’m getting pretty good at identifying and soothing these kinds of thoughts, and once I do that, the positive interpretation of what you said becomes obvious

Our desires attract automatically.

Our thoughts also attract.

Both are vibration.

But desires are vibrationally held consistent and pure within us; where thoughts are fleeting and changeable.

But both attract, and so what we manifest is always a combination of our desires plus our thoughts.

Where our thoughts include resistance to our own desires, what manifests reflects this resistance. We may say “my desire didn’t manifest” but it manifested along with our belief that this desire is impossibly difficult.

If our desire is for +1 but our belief is -2 we will manifest -1, and then say “see? Reality is much closer to my belief than my desire!”

That is why, if we are honest about our desires and our thoughts, we can appreciate what has manifested despite our resistance.

I may not have the house I desire, but I have a unit. The unit I have may seem like -1 but that means my desires and my thoughts are combining to bring me as much as my resistance thinks plausible.

But it feels good to know that while my thoughts always change, my desires are constant in their attraction. My desires are strong, constant, automatic, and inevitable.

And therefore they ARE manifesting...it’s just that my thoughts are also manifesting and the net result must be a match to the whole mix of my vibration.

It’s like if I run and do weights, but I also overeat and smoke and drink a lot. I can’t look only at the positive in my mix and wonder why the manifestation doesn’t match.

When i think “I want a new house” this is not my intrinsic desire speaking.
    This is a thought. And if I look at how it feels, it feels like dissatisfaction.

Taking it away from present conditions, this feeling of dissatisfaction becomes a bigger feeling from my past experiences -> an emotional flashback to the past, kept active by thoughts.

In the past I felt not just dissatisfied but dislocated, dismal, and disenfranchised. I was in an environment with some awful people, experiencing abuse and neglect, and my belief was: “I want to die. There’s nothing here for me. This is a wasteland.”

That belief is still active, and practiced enough that it moves quickly and wordlessly most of the time.

Because it is active, it colours and resists my desires. It is not my *only* belief, hence my reality and feelings are much better. But it adds to the mix enough to confer “dissatisfaction” and a sense of unease about where I live.

In other words, this belief is. -10 and it is added to all the other plusses and minuses giving me a net of 1 or 2 when my actual desire might be 10.

But now I have identified this belief and feeling. I can see that I am not “dissatisfied” about my current home; my current home reflects my vibrational mix including the deeply negative “I want to die. There’s nothing here for me. This is a wasteland.”

I can now soothe that thought and tell a new story: that’s how I felt back when I was a child living with profoundly abusive and neglectful parents. Profoundly dysfunctional parents and deeply hostile siblings. They intentionally pushed me to feel small and weak and helpless and ashamed and insecure and hated. They enjoyed making me feel bad, which was easy as older people with more momentum and me being young and without experience, and willing to accept what others offered as reality.

My wanting to die was a natural response to a very awful group of people. But I no longer live in that environment with those people. And I am no longer ignorant of LoA or my creative power. In this very text, in this moment, I am using my knowledge and my power to change the vibration of my thoughts and thereby change my whole reality.

I do not live in a wasteland anymore. I have my own loving family who all take their cue from me and are influenced by my love and happiness. I no longer want to die because my life is so easy and full of happy and satisfying components. Everything is here for me, and vastly more is coming for my sole benefit as I learn to calibrate and connect to my nonresistant inner self.

I have not been in that awful place for many years, and I have let go of so much of the vibration of unwanted.

I am in charge now. There is no one to blame for my negative feelings anymore because I am not only understanding creation, but practicing it.

I don’t want to die anymore, I want to live and savour my creative power to the fullest. Nothing for me here? Everything is here for me to experience and enjoy and create with. I no longer feel like my life is a wasteland, but I appreciate it filling with rain and green plants and mountains and rivers and forests and plains.

I don’t need to feel bad anymore. That contrast is well behind me. I have right now the power to align with my desires, and oldbeliefs and resistant thoughts will continue to shed. I am transforming myself, merely by shedding the burden of old beliefs that do not serve me. And instead I welcome the vitality and newness of my beautiful thrilling desires within me.

When I think about love, there’s a little ambiguity that I want to lay out and resolve.

For most of my life I’ve wanted love, and recently I’m telling a new story where I didn’t receive much love as a child, so my desire for abundant love is very strong.

But love is turning out to be a funny thing to desire! When I focus on it, I have in mind a blend of: people loving me and vice-versa, plus my inner feeling of love.

What I am now coming to know is that my FEELING of love is a function of my EGS. The external condition of being surrounded by people I love, who love and appreciate me, is a condition.

So when I allow myself to align and feel love, I will manifest people who love me and whom I love in my experience.

In other words, if I align with the vibration of love, I will experience more people who are a match to this beautiful vibration.

I have some resistance on the subject of a new home, and I hope that the process of creating this post will help me release it.

I’ve released resistance in lots of other areas of life, so I can do it here as well. The subject can’t be any more difficult than some others I’ve worked on.

I’m sure a new home awaits me, and I know that releasing resistance will make it come more easily. I also know that releasing resistance will allow me to let go of the subject and feel good about it.

The resistance that is troubling me...I don’t yet have the words for it, but the words will come.

In fact, my new home already exists, and by feeling better I know I am moving towards it. There’s just some resistant thoughts causing me distress. It’s like I’m driving in the right direction and the car is operating well, but there’s something rolling and rattling around in the footwells and it’s annoying me.

When I think about a new home, I feel bad because part of me doesn’t care about homes or houses....or rather, it still has active all my father’s awful words about owning a home and his resistance to that.

Wow okay. This “part” of me says: what’s the point in owning a home? It costs so much money, it’s a huge burden needing constant repairs and attention. It sucks the life out of you with all it’s demands. My father took no pride in his house, it was a bitter thing that he resented having to purchase out of fear and insecurity. No wonder I feel like houses are too expensive, uninspired and burdensome. No wonder I have mixed feelings when I think about a new home.

Besides, the new home was my father’s entire justification for suddenly becoming profoundly angry and abusive. He pretended it was the demands of home ownership and upkeep that made him so angry and resentful and aggressive, and as a kid I believed him. I took on board this idea of eternal Sisyphean labor on a resented object. But that was his manifestation! He manifested persistent issues that required continual attention! The cracks in the walls that he kept trying to patch and hide... they reappeared every year and he got angry and resentful and defeated and then tried to patch them again. That was his manifestation and not my problem or reality.

So let’s repair these parts of me. A home...this isn’t about my father’s home. This is about the home of my dreams and desires. Of course I don’t want my childhood home. And I don’t have to because I create my reality. I can have a home that needs no upkeep, has no problems, and is a pleasure to inhabit. I can have a home so well made that it endures without issue. I can have a home that is a place of light and love and joy and companionship and happiness and abundance.

I want my new home. I don’t have to fear it at all anymore.

Since I was quite young I’ve had a strong desire for “more” in life. As I tell new stories about myself and my experiences, I notice that this yearning for more doesn’t feel very good.
    Besides “more” is very nebulous. As I tried to specify the kinds of “more” I desired, I realised that in fact this isn’t a desire for more wanted, it’s a feeling of scarcity and lack that comes from some of my thoughts and focus.
    So what should I do? The answer is always to raise my vibration, feel better, and in this case it helps to include this in my new story:
    Because I used to live with a bunch of unpleasant misaligned people, I looked at their version of reality and took it as the truth. I calibrated to their beliefs and vibration of scarcity and struggle and lack. But it always feels bad when I hold such beliefs because they do not match my desires, they do not match my Source within me; they are far down the spectrum from pure positive energy.

So yes I too have been guilty of wanting things to change so I could feel better. But what is offered is my ability to feel connected and centred right now regardless of the conditions around me, thereby or in the process letting go of those low energy beliefs and ideas.

Yes I really wanted things to change first, even though I told myself I would change things by feeling good first. I was feeling good to change things to feel good.

But it’s a different kind of feeling good compared to the thought of “if things change I will feel amazing!”

It’s a different kind of feeling.

So anyway, do I want more in life? No. I’m not “wanting” anything right this moment. I’m just at peace and ready to go follow a burst of inspiration right now.

A couple of hours later and I found myself yearning for more again.
    I was feeling frustrated, but I remembered that frustration is my point of attraction, and the best I can do right now is soothe my frustration.
    Then I remembered this post I’d just written, and I came back and reread it.
    Yes, I had once again been trying to wield LoA to change my conditions. But ironically that doesn’t feel good, because it comes from a vibrational standpoint of lack and neediness.
    And that’s okay. I’m learning to recognise it and listen to my emotional guidance and gently turn in the direction of relief and feeling good in relation to myself instead of my conditions.
    I’m definitely going to forget again, and that’s okay too. I’ll remember again as well and get better at it each time.

I have a nebulous bad feelingcoming up again.
    Better for me to not focus on it, but focus instead on the good-feeling subject of Source.
    And that choice to NOT focus on the nebulous bad feeling is my first step in letting it go.